PDA

View Full Version : So KC is getting Super Bowl 49?

cmh6476
03-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I didnt see anything on this anywhere, but read at a different board that it's breaking news on the NFL Network :shrug:

VonneMarie
03-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Is that in 2015?

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2006, 03:46 PM
I just saw it on NFL Network.

RedThat
03-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Chiefs | Team will host 2015 if stadium is improved
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 13:47:51 -0800

The Associated Press reports the Kansas City Chiefs will host the 2015 Super Bowl, if voters approve a tax to renovate Arrowhead Stadium. Jackson County voters will vote on two propositions April 4. A 3/8-cent sales tax would raise more than $500 million for renovations to Arrowhead and the Royals' Kauffman Stadium. A separate tax would raise about $200 million to build the rolling roof, which would be used for both stadiums.

VonneMarie
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I hate to say it but that roof ain't passin'.

HemiEd
03-05-2006, 03:55 PM
I wonder what a ticket to that game will cost? :hmmm:

cmh6476
03-05-2006, 03:56 PM
keitzman just shit his britches.

tyton75
03-05-2006, 04:05 PM
interesting timing to the announcement

Mecca
03-05-2006, 04:14 PM
keitzman just shit his britches.

Downtown Baseball! Downtown Baseball!

Katipan
03-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I just saw a documentary on the Cardinals Stadium. Apart from everything else, they were also showing how that teflon sorta transparent fabric that they are considering for the rolling roof in KC, gets stretched and installed. It's pretty cool stuff.

I hope Arrowhead gets it's roof and it's Superbowl.

Boozer
03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Bad girl.

Is that a "football purist" or "grammar nazi" chiding?

tk13
03-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Is that a "football purist" or "grammar nazi" chiding?
I think both.

Yellowbutter72
03-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Hmmm, a ticket to a Kansas City Super Bowl game? Ask Santa for it for Christmas!

Bob Dole
03-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Tagliabue press conference from earlier just on NFL Network.

All contingent on the roof.

Bootlegged
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Da Roof, da roof, da roof is on wires.

Jackson County voters will shoot this down raising Lamar Hunt's ire.

Sully
03-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Does it make me a horrible person that I am completely indifferent to whether or not we get a Super Bowl?

Katipan
03-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes.

blow me

i get cold :(

chefsos
03-05-2006, 10:38 PM
I'll give you a sweatshirt.
..and "sweatshirt" is code for..? I never was a hip cat.

Anyway, Scott Ferrell was in my radio, and he was wondering how they were gonna retrofit a roof to 30 year old Arrowhead without it cracking and leaking like his uncle's garage. A caller described it to him as a sort of portable carport. At which point he recounted setting his last carport ablaze with a propane grill. Now I don't know how to end this story, so I'll just stop.

Chief Roundup
03-05-2006, 10:51 PM
from espn.com

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The NFL announced Sunday that Kansas City would host the 2015 Super Bowl if voters approve a tax to renovate Arrowhead Stadium.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue addressed a meeting of team officials and civic leaders by speakerphone from New York, where he was involved in negotiations on a contract extension with the players union.

Tagliabue announced late last year that Kansas City would get a Super Bowl if the renovations were made and if a rolling roof was built to make Arrowhead Stadium climate-controlled. On Sunday, he announced the owners had voted to make Kansas City the site of the 2015 Super Bowl if the stadium is renovated.

Jackson County voters will vote on two propositions on April 4. A 3/8-cent sales tax would raise more than $500 million for renovations to Arrowhead and the Royals' Kauffman Stadium. A separate tax would raise about $200 million to build the rolling roof, which would be used for both stadiums.

Valiant
03-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Hopefully they increase the deal for jackson county residents to get first dibs on all tickets and season tickets more then they do now.. Maybe restrict anybody from kansas getting season tickets..

Katipan
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Sweatshirt's code for nothing. At UMR the St. Pat's Board sells sweatshirts. Since I was on the Board, I have a bunch. I gave Katipan one one night when she was cold. I was just being cute.

I was hoping it was a new position.

listopencil
Yeah, KC needs a roof. God forbid football be played in bad weather.

listopencil
I was hoping it was a new position.

...I'd teach you, but I have to charge.

Katipan
03-05-2006, 11:01 PM
God forbid a man do anything altruistic.

Nightwish
03-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I say we give 'em the roof they want, but a real cheapo. Make it out of paper or confetti. Then blow the damn thing up for the halftime show! We can have the Bloodhound Gang perform "The Roof is on Fire" while that's going on! Then forever forward, back to bad weather football, the way it's meant to be played ... and watched!!!

jspchief
03-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Yeah, KC needs a roof. God forbid football be played in bad weather.Hunt has said the only NFL game it will be used for is the Superbowl. The Chiefs will never play under it (unless they get to Superbowl 49, haha).

Hammock Parties
03-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Yeah, KC needs a roof. God forbid football be played in bad weather.

The roof will only be used for special events.

VonneMarie
03-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Hunt has said the only NFL game it will be used for is the Superbowl. The Chiefs will never play under it (unless they get to Superbowl 49, haha).
Then the roof will be a waste of money.

hawkchief
03-06-2006, 08:24 AM
The shameless Chiefs and Carl Peterson are certainly not above using the NFL to get what they want - more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from KC. When public sentiment doesn't work, call Tagliabue and play the Super Bowl card and wee what happens.

Hammock Parties
03-06-2006, 08:32 AM

The roof will be used for more than the Super Bowl.

jspchief
03-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Then the roof will be a waste of money.It's a giant waste of money.

Plus, getting a Superbowl to KC will create the biggest negative PR campaign that city could ever imagine. If anyone remembers the Jacksonville Superbowl, you'll remember all the whiny media crucifying that city. KC isn't equipped to keep those guys happy, and the entire nation will hear about for the whole week leading up to the game.

ct
03-06-2006, 09:32 AM

It's a giant waste of money.

:BS:

One Super Bowl in KC would recoup the cost of that roof, all by itself. Not to John/Jane Q. Taxpayer, but certainly to the community as a whole.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-06-2006, 09:49 AM
The shameless Chiefs and Carl Peterson are certainly not above using the NFL to get what they want - more $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from KC. When public sentiment doesn't work, call Tagliabue and play the Super Bowl card and wee what happens.

this is how getting new NFL stadiums work now, you promise the city a Super Bowl. I'm not sure where I read that, maybe when New York was voting for Giant Stadium's replacement. The NFL wants that extra revenue a new stadium can bring in

Katipan
03-06-2006, 09:51 AM

Plus, getting a Superbowl to KC will create the biggest negative PR campaign that city could ever imagine. If anyone remembers the Jacksonville Superbowl, you'll remember all the whiny media crucifying that city. KC isn't equipped to keep those guys happy, and the entire nation will hear about for the whole week leading up to the game.

Thereby killing the huge tourism industry KC is famous for.
Wah Wah Wah.

cmh6476
03-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Hahahahaha.... well, I suppose as long as we're living in the fantasy world where a rolling roof exists, we might as well make the fantasy extra silly by believing it would only get used on Super Bowls.

Hahahaha.

has the chiefs front office ever lied? :shrug:

VonneMarie
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM

They did that with Houston too. "Everything is too spread out, it's too far". :rolleyes:

Saulbadguy
03-06-2006, 06:49 PM
I'll like the roof for the Royals when it rains.

Boozer
03-06-2006, 07:13 PM
FWIW, the roof would probably make the stadium louder.

Halfcan
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I don't think it is passing.

Saulbadguy
03-06-2006, 07:18 PM
FWIW, the roof would probably make the stadium louder.
The ArrowheadLouder user finally reveals himself.

HMc
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
What's the economic life of this roof going to be? Won't arrowehead be the best part of 40 years old when they put it on?

Hammock Parties
03-06-2006, 11:25 PM
thats exactly what they've said from the beginning of the talks about having a superbowl here in kc, only if we get us a roof. I believe it to be the most idiotic thing ever, why not finally have an outdoor game in somewhat cold weather? shit, its sometimes warm around that time here, heh. Arrowhead is one of the better stadiums in the nfl, they shouldnt go to warm climate shit all the time, its really annoying.

SLAG
03-06-2006, 11:28 PM
thats exactly what they've said from the beginning of the talks about having a superbowl here in kc, only if we get us a roof. I believe it to be the most idiotic thing ever, why not finally have an outdoor game in somewhat cold weather? shit, its sometimes warm around that time here, heh. Arrowhead is one of the better stadiums in the nfl, they shouldnt go to warm climate shit all the time, its really annoying.

yes but Jason Whitlock wants to go work on his tan when he goes to the SuperBowl.. He can't Wait for Arizona

Halfcan
03-07-2006, 12:35 AM
700 mil-Jackson County won't pass it. So they are going to have to find out another way to pay for the roof.

greg63
03-07-2006, 12:45 AM
700 mil-Jackson County won't pass it. So they are going to have to find out another way to pay for the roof.

Rich Scanlon will purchase it and call it the Scanlon Dome. :D

Boyceofsummer
03-07-2006, 12:57 AM
I say we give 'em the roof they want, but a real cheapo. Make it out of paper or confetti. Then blow the damn thing up for the halftime show! We can have the Bloodhound Gang perform "The Roof is on Fire" while that's going on! Then forever forward, back to bad weather football, the way it's meant to be played ... and watched!!! :LOL:

spend the $200 million on the real thing, and still see the thang go up in flames at half time.