Mr. Laz
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
ynion walks out

No deal

i like onions....

i like funions...

Frazod
03-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Faglibue and Upchuck should both be thrown feet-first into the woodchipper for allowing this to happen. Idiots. :shake:

Spicy McHaggis
03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
The Union is seeming more and more like that overdramatic ex-girlfriend that we've all had.

VonneMarie
03-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Nah... really? :rolleyes:

morphius
03-05-2006, 06:41 PM
The Union is seeming more and more like that overdramatic ex-girlfriend that we've all had.
Isn't that sort of the modern day definition of a Union in the US?

Bwana
03-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Go figure..........

Adept Havelock
03-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Sure, it's all the unions fault. The owners have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Both sides are acting like stooges. The Golden Goose is cooked.

Dinny Bossa Nova
03-05-2006, 06:47 PM
So?

Dinny

tk13
03-05-2006, 06:48 PM
According to Upshaw, they went into negotiations after extending this deadline to 10 pm and the NFL actually lowered their offer, so they said enough and walked out.

JBucc
03-05-2006, 06:49 PM
According to Upshaw, they went into negotiations after extending this deadline to 10 pm and the NFL actually lowered their offer, so they said enough and walked out.Well that makes no sense

Bugeater
03-05-2006, 06:49 PM

cdcox
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Before everyone bags on the NFLPA too much, we should remember that they are on the side of small market teams on the issue of revenue sharing.

On the issue of the cap, I think they should agree to 58% and be done with it.

tk13
03-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Well that makes no sense
I don't know, that's just the statement they had on SportsCenter. They had video of Tags going back to his hotel, but no comment from him or anybody else. Then they read Upshaw's statement, which indicated the NFL had lowered its offer so they ended negotiations. Who knows.

03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
So the owners were at 58% and the union still said no? The owners wanted to keep it at 56 and the players wanted 60. They should have agreed on 58. Oh well. They are all idiots for letting this happen anyway. Thanks for potentially ruining the best sport on the planet.

Chiefs Express
03-05-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't know, that's just the statement they had on SportsCenter. They had video of Tags going back to his hotel, but no comment from him or anybody else. Then they read Upshaw's statement, which indicated the NFL had lowered its offer so they ended negotiations. Who knows.

At this point we may need to find another sport to be fans of. Once the NFL dies it will never be back to it's glory.

AFL here we come! Or maybe a resurgence of the USFL.

Over-Head
03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
At this point we may need to find another sport to be fans of. Once the NFL dies it will never be back to it's glory.

AFL here we come! Or maybe a resurgence of the USFL.

Too bad Vince McMahon (sp) launched his XFL a few years too soonROFL

There's always CFL boys..
GO STAMPS!

Extra Point
03-05-2006, 07:28 PM
Thanks for potentially ruining the best sport on the planet.
They're not ruining the best sport. Just their league. And their sources of income: the fans.....

Spott
03-05-2006, 08:15 PM
That figures. You know the union is a bunch of tards when their leader is a stinkin' Raider.

jspchief
03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Before everyone bags on the NFLPA too much, we should remember that they are on the side of small market teams on the issue of revenue sharing.

On the issue of the cap, I think they should agree to 58% and be done with it.The only reason the union supports the additional revenue sharing is because they are deamnding that additional revenue be added to the calculation of the salary cap. They are on the side of getting a bigger pie from which to cut their slice.

As far as I'm concerned, this 100% on the players. They are the ones demanding more money. Everyone invoved was making a lot of money, and constantly getting raises that reflected the success of the league. I don't believe they needed anything other than a continuation of what they've been doing for the last 13 years.

tk13
03-05-2006, 10:07 PM
The only reason the union supports the additional revenue sharing is because they are deamnding that additional revenue be added to the calculation of the salary cap. They are on the side of getting a bigger pie from which to cut their slice.

As far as I'm concerned, this 100% on the players. They are the ones demanding more money. Everyone invoved was making a lot of money, and constantly getting raises that reflected the success of the league. I don't believe they needed anything other than a continuation of what they've been doing for the last 13 years.
Actually, that was part of Upshaw's statement earlier too. The actual statement said they were already negotiating at a lower rate than they've gotten the last 12-13 years and then the NFL was trying to make it even lower this afternoon, so they walked out...

jspchief
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually, that was part of Upshaw's statement earlier too. The actual statement said they were already negotiating at a lower rate than they've gotten the last 12-13 years and then the NFL was trying to make it even lower this afternoon, so they walked out...It may be a lower percentage, but they are wanting to add other revenues to the pool from which the cap is derived.

I'll guarantee it amounts to more money. Which raises the question... Why do the players need a raise at all?

They already get increased wages with rising success of the league. Why should they get more?

cdcox
03-05-2006, 10:19 PM
The only reason the union supports the additional revenue sharing is because they are deamnding that additional revenue be added to the calculation of the salary cap. They are on the side of getting a bigger pie from which to cut their slice.

I'm not saying their motives are the same as the small market owners, but the goal of revenue sharing is the same. The enemy of your enemy is your friend.

The whole reason a deal isn't already done is because there are 3 sides on this issue, not two.

cdcox
03-05-2006, 10:20 PM
Why should they get more?

Because they can.

jspchief
03-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Because they can.And that's why I hope the owners stand pat and lock the f*ckers out in '08.

NHL owners crushed the union by not waivering. NFL owners will be able exert similar pressure, but will be able to rebound 10 times quicker than the NHL will.