PDA

View Full Version : NFL & NFLPA have agreement in principle

BigRock
03-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Didn't see this anywhere yet... according to Sportscenter, the latest delay is so that the NFL owners can vote on the CBA at a meeting on Tuesday. Apparently they agreed at 59.5% and they factored in the "cash over cap" stuff.

Some people seem to expect that the owners will agree to it, and others think the high-revenue owners are going to have a problem. So now the owners get to fight amongst themselves on Tuesday.

Mecca
03-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Oh great now 2 of the owners have to change their minds.............this is probably not going to happen. The joy's of being an NFL fan right now.

chefsos
03-06-2006, 12:55 AM
...and up goes the roller coaster again.

Seriously, I've got a straw I'd like to grasp here. As I understand it, Carl represented the Chiefs at the New York meetings. Tuesday's meeting, IIRC, is in Dallas, making it more likely that Lamar can be there. Maybe there he can spend a little of his respect capital and pull this revenue thing together.

SLAG
03-06-2006, 12:57 AM
...and up goes the roller coaster again.

Seriously, I've got a straw I'd like to grasp here. As I understand it, Carl represented the Chiefs at the New York meetings. Tuesday's meeting, IIRC, is in Dallas, making it more likely that Lamar can be there. Maybe there he can spend a little of his respect capital and pull this revenue thing together.

If anyone can do it ... Lamar can do it..

I just get this feeling that he is so respected in the leauge.. like the Grandfather of the Leauge and you dont want to Piss off GrandPa

CHENZ A!
03-06-2006, 03:03 AM
If anyone can do it ... Lamar can do it..

I just get this feeling that he is so respected in the leauge.. like the Grandfather of the Leauge and you dont want to Piss off GrandPa

I hope you are right, but Snyder and Jones are greedy bastards.

DeepSouth
03-06-2006, 07:40 AM
I'd like to see the details of the agreement. One thing the NBA has that the NFL needs is slotted salaries for draft picks. It's been rumored that the NFL was considereing it. All the "Hold Outs" would end if the salary for draft picks was known before the draft happens.

jspchief
03-06-2006, 07:49 AM
I'd like to see the details of the agreement. One thing the NBA has that the NFL needs is slotted salaries for draft picks. It's been rumored that the NFL was considereing it. All the "Hold Outs" would end if the salary for draft picks was known before the draft happens.Plus it would free up money for the established players in the league.

I think they should add a rookie pay scale, lower the tenure for UFA from 4 years to 3, and raise vet minumum salaries, then let whatever money is left over go to the stars of the game. That's an approach that should appeal to every player that is a current member of the NFLPA.

Unfortunately, I'm beginning to wonder what kind of role agents play in unions direction. They don't want to lose the cash cow that is rookie contracts.

Mile High Mania
03-06-2006, 08:16 AM
I really don't have issues with teams making big $$ via naming rights, suites, etc not wanting to share that piece of the pie.

I think there are a number of owners that don't work as hard to generate that extra revenue. Sure, the small market vs big market issue is real, but I think that should force them to try harder.

Rausch
03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Both sides can sack up and sign or kiss the revenue buh-bye...

MOhillbilly
03-06-2006, 08:53 AM
this is the best offseason in alongtime.

Ralphy Boy
03-06-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't blame Jones, Kraft & Snyder one bit. These guys aren't afraid to spend money to pay for their stadiums and if the cap does go by the way side, they'll end up being able to get exactly what they want, which is every free agent they can afford.

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't blame Jones, Kraft & Snyder one bit. These guys aren't afraid to spend money to pay for their stadiums and if the cap does go by the way side, they'll end up being able to get exactly what they want, which is every free agent they can afford.

Those guys aren't afraid to spend the money because their teams exist in corporate markets that can give them a return on investment.

Enjoy your 10-team league.

MOhillbilly
03-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Those guys aren't afraid to spend the money because their teams exist in corporate markets that can give them a return on investment.

Enjoy your 10-team league.

All it will do is shift parody to what it used to be.It would be fun for acouple years IMO.

shit in one hand, want in the other.

as my momma used to tell me.