PDA

View Full Version : I'm penniless and I live in a house with a dirt yard.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I just transferred all of my assets today to a "Rain Man Trust" as part of my will, and since I'm doing a big landscaping project, some people came today and took all of the grass out of my yard.

Now is the time for me to get me some of them there welfare payments. Anyone know where I can sign up?

Bootlegged
03-07-2006, 06:28 PM
www.katrinarelieffund.com

Bob Dole
03-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I just transferred all of my assets today to a "Rain Man Trust" as part of my will, and since I'm doing a big landscaping project, some people came today and took all of the grass out of my yard.

Are you Xeriscaping or something?

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Are you Xeriscaping or something?

I think we're concretescaping. My yard is the size of a large pickup, so by putting in a patio we're essentially getting rid of 90 percent of the yard.

As for the front yard, I don't know. It's the size of a couple of Volkswagens, and I think we're xeriscaping. My wife is limiting my involvement in the project, though.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
www.katrinarelieffund.com

Thank you very much. Now if you'll pardon me, I need to go loot some beer.

HemiEd
03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Have you taken possesion of the four boulders yet?

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I found out today (I'm not kidding) that they delivered them to the wrong house. They're going to have to pick them up again and deliver them.

Can you imagine coming home and finding four boulders sitting in your yard? That would really make you think.

HemiEd
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I found out today (I'm not kidding) that they delivered them to the wrong house. They're going to have to pick them up again and deliver them.

Can you imagine coming home and finding four boulders sitting in your yard? That would really make you think.

I just choked on my supper, really. ROFL ROFL

ChiefsfaninPA
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear this Rain Man. Being penisless must suck. Good luck with that. But as for the yard, give me your address and I will mail you some nice grass seeds.

old_geezer
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm penniless and I live in a house with a dirt yard.

That's what you get for investing all your money in rocks. ROFL

Donger
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
I remember being a little weirded out with all the 'rock landscaping' in Colorado when I moved there.

4th and Long
03-07-2006, 06:56 PM

Please tell me they were delivered to Boulder, Colorado.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Please tell me they were delivered to Boulder, Colorado.

I think they went to Little Rock. Huge mistake.

4th and Long
03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL OK, that's funny! ROFL ROFL ROFL

HemiEd
03-07-2006, 07:00 PM

If the person was home when they delivered them, the discussion with the delivery guys could have been very colorful. I hope they did not damage them.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
It's got to be an exciting time for those boulders. Four billion years in one spot, with only one rockslide, and all of a sudden in a year, they'll be moving three times.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
If the person was home when they delivered them, the discussion with the delivery guys could have been very colorful. I hope they did not damage them.

I can see the delivery guy now.....The paper say these boulders go here. I have to leave them. If they aren't yours just call the office tomorrow and schedule a pick-up.

4th and Long
03-07-2006, 07:03 PM
I bet they just dropped them off without even knocking on the door.

I'm picturing some guy pulling into his driveway and discovering 4 huge boulders embedded into his manicured lawn.

Correction, make that some really pissed off guy.

HemiEd
03-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I bet they just dropped them off without even knocking on the door.

I'm picturing some guy pulling into his driveway and discovering 4 huge boulders embedded into his manicured lawn.

Correction, make that some really pissed off guy.

ROFL I did not order no stinking ****ing rocks! ROFL

4th and Long
03-07-2006, 07:06 PM
The best part about having a dirt lawn?

It never needs mowed.

ChiefsfaninPA
03-07-2006, 07:08 PM
ROFL I did not order no stinking ****ing rocks! ROFL

They are lucky they didn't take them to Rich Scanlons house. He would've picked those boulders up and threw them right back onto the trucks, without breaking a sweat.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 07:08 PM
They're quite attractive boulders, I should note. I'm afraid that whoever got them might like them. He'd better hope that they were dropped in the right place, though, because they don't roll easily.

HemiEd
03-07-2006, 07:10 PM
I can see the delivery guy now.....The paper say these boulders go here. I have to leave them. If they aren't yours just call the office tomorrow and schedule a pick-up.

That is the mental picture I had, could have been real ugly. If they would have done that in my neighborhood, a major meeting would still be going on out in someones driveway.

Fat Elvis
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Mind if I ask how much it typically costs to set up a trust? Been thinking about doing that myself....

4th and Long
03-07-2006, 07:16 PM
They're quite attractive boulders, I should note. I'm afraid that whoever got them might like them.
You need to let me customize them for you so no one will steal them.

I think this is fitting.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6905/boulder2ws.jpg

It would also make a nice avatar.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Mind if I ask how much it typically costs to set up a trust? Been thinking about doing that myself....

It wasn't cheap, and it's a royal pain in the neck, though part of that is because the attorney handling it was of modest competence. We finally had to request a different attorney, but that's another story.

I think it cost about $2,500 to 3,000 when everything was added up, but we were also doing some corporate paperwork under a different contract, so my mind is a little muddy right now about the personal contract versus the corporate contract. That price included the trust setup, a will, all of the medical power of attorney stuff (if I go on the feeding tube, I've got 28 days to get myself up and moving, or my wife yanks that plug out of the wall and goes on a cruise), and we did something a little more complicated as well by setting up a scholarship fund at my old high school. Our will also included a trust fund for any pets that might outlive us, so that may also have complicated things a little. (They will be the wealthiest pets in the neighborhood, but we set up a trust fund for them because I'm not sure how well cats can handle money.)

In short, we got everything done at once, so the trust itself would probably be cheaper than that price.

Rain Man
03-07-2006, 07:25 PM
You need to let me customize them for you so no one will steal them.

I think this is fitting.

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/6905/boulder2ws.jpg

It would also make a nice avatar.

My philosophy is that if someone is capable of stealing a 500-lb. boulder from my yard, I'm not going to try to stop them.

Hydrae
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
They're quite attractive boulders, I should note. I'm afraid that whoever got them might like them. He'd better hope that they were dropped in the right place, though, because they don't roll easily.

But if they aren't rollable how will you keep the moss off of them?

Fat Elvis
03-07-2006, 11:04 PM
It wasn't cheap, and it's a royal pain in the neck, though part of that is because the attorney handling it was of modest competence. We finally had to request a different attorney, but that's another story.

I think it cost about $2,500 to 3,000 when everything was added up, but we were also doing some corporate paperwork under a different contract, so my mind is a little muddy right now about the personal contract versus the corporate contract. That price included the trust setup, a will, all of the medical power of attorney stuff (if I go on the feeding tube, I've got 28 days to get myself up and moving, or my wife yanks that plug out of the wall and goes on a cruise), and we did something a little more complicated as well by setting up a scholarship fund at my old high school. Our will also included a trust fund for any pets that might outlive us, so that may also have complicated things a little. (They will be the wealthiest pets in the neighborhood, but we set up a trust fund for them because I'm not sure how well cats can handle money.)

In short, we got everything done at once, so the trust itself would probably be cheaper than that price.

Even if it is $3K for the trust alone, it is still prolly cheaper than probate....well, that, and if you are an idiot like me, it makes getting sued (I'm assuming it will happen at some point in time) a lot more palatable.

KC Jones
03-08-2006, 08:02 AM
I really think you should have included a trust fund to pay someone to post polls on Chiefsplanet in case of your untimely demise. I guess we know now what you really think of us.

:harumph:

Rain Man
03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
But if they aren't rollable how will you keep the moss off of them?

Uh-oh. I never even thought about that.

gblowfish
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Pics? I love lunar landscapes.

morphius
03-08-2006, 10:31 AM
I think we're concretescaping. My yard is the size of a large pickup, so by putting in a patio we're essentially getting rid of 90 percent of the yard.

As for the front yard, I don't know. It's the size of a couple of Volkswagens, and I think we're xeriscaping. My wife is limiting my involvement in the project, though.
This seems reasonable enough, you can't grow any hair on your head, why should your lawn be allowed to mock you.

Fat Elvis
03-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Uh-oh. I never even thought about that.

Better hope they aren't Randy Mosses....