PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Jobs

DMAC
03-08-2006, 10:54 PM
This show is really cool!

Dunit35
03-08-2006, 10:57 PM
I like the show as well. Some of those people do for a living are jobs I would have to turn down.

Iowanian
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I love that show.

Discovery is putting out some pretty good material these days.

I've done at least 2 of the jobs shown on the program.

Katipan
03-08-2006, 11:25 PM
The sewage treatment place where he shoveled shit... In San Francisco I think?... That was the absolute worst.

I'd rather die on one of those Alaskan Crab boats than do that job.

Woody Paige
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
I love that show.

I've done at least 2 of the jobs shown on the program.

Sucking off a Pack Mule must have been a tough job............

Ultra Peanut
03-08-2006, 11:49 PM
"Also, I uh, work with animals."
"Animals? In what respect?"
"I, uh, make them have explosion, for liquid, for... make more animals."
"Oh? Okay."
"I, uh, specialty, is... camel. I can, pull a camel, for -- in less than twenty minute -- for him to have a little explosion. I can do goat very easy, in less than minute. . ."
"Tell me about a situation, in your previous work experience, where you are confident you did something well that contributed to the organization."
"When I work as animal, uh, puller, one time they said that there is camel, he can make, uh, no sexy time explosion. I say, 'Please let Borat try!' I, uh, go on my knees, I grip and pull... for two hours! Grip, pull, grip, pull, grip, pull. I, my arm, begin to hurt, I can not feel my arm, I carry on, I do not care, I tell them I will do it, grip, pull, grip, pull, grip, pull, nothing, nothing. Then, after two hour, I hear... I think something is arriving, something is arriving. Grip, pull, grip, pull! And then... silence..."
[cough] "And then explosion?"
[nods]
"Very good."

Frazod
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
I remember the episode where he went noodling with the Deliverance guys from Oklahoma, and then in the next segment went around with the Honeywagon guy (septic tank cleaner). The look in his face when he was stirring the shit in the septic tank with the "turd hurdler" priceless. :D

His name is Mike Rowe, and whatever they're paying him, it ain't enough.

Bob Dole
03-18-2007, 09:16 PM
One of the best damned shows on television.

Happy birthday, Mr. Rowe.

88TG88
03-18-2007, 09:19 PM

I agree, they have less of the educational junk they use to have

|Zach|
03-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Anyone see the episode where they were laying our the concrete foundation for houses? The boss of that job was kind of an ass to him so it was funny...but the guy ended up taking off his shoes and he had his toe nails painted with a ring on one of his toes.

The Dirty Jobs guy gave him this hilarious look and says "You know....people watch this show."

Bugeater
03-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I agree, they have less of the educational junk they use to have
No kidding, I hate it when I actually learn something from watching the boob tube.

Simplex3
03-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Mike Rowe may be the best television host ever. That guy cracks me up. The show is really well done, too. I like how they go ahead and include the crew because, let's face it, there's no hiding them anyway.

Simplex3
03-18-2007, 09:43 PM
No kidding, I hate it when I actually learn something from watching the boob tube.
That show teaches my children why it's good to be smart.

DMAC
03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
He was at the KC airport tonight. He didnt like it too much. LMAO

Simplex3
03-18-2007, 09:49 PM
He was at the KC airport tonight. He didnt like it too much. LMAO
All those who agree with Mike Rowe say "aye".

TinyEvel
03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I once discovered that the waste cleanout on the side of my hous eby the back bathroom had bee nbacking uop fro about a month . That is, teverything from the shower, sink and TOILET from that bathroom was gurgling up and depositing on the ground on the side of my house.

I called work and said I'd be an hour late. then got to work with the dog's pooper scooper and scooped what was like a condensed layer of sh*t hashish into 13 gallon garbage bags (filled four bags).
one month's worth of my bad habits laid out on the side of my house right there.
You can bet I was thinking of "dirty jobs" right then.

Then Roto Rooter showed up and stuck a whirling snake down the tunnel.

Ultra Peanut
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I had no idea Mike Rowe was so funny until his interview on the Daily Show about a month ago. Since then, I've made it a point to catch a few episodes.

Extra Point
03-18-2007, 10:24 PM
I wish Mike Rowe could have crawled up in my attic, gotten his arms covered with insulation, breathed that junk, and rewired my light fixtures instead of me, this weekend.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Mike Rowe is hilarious. I remember him being interviewed on Johnny Dare. He did a couple of stints as a host on QVC. He got fired for inadvertantly making a collectible nun doll do inappropriate things. Then he got hired back and quit once he realized he was working in hell. He is also an opera singer.

Hoover
03-19-2007, 09:38 AM
He also does a lot of voice work for discovery.

Extra Point
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
He voiced over a recent truck commercial, didn't he?

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 10:02 AM
He voiced over a recent truck commercial, didn't he?

he's in a Ford commercial that's kind of a Dirty Jobs parody

Mr. Plow
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
One of his dirty jobs was right here in good ole Hutchinson, KS. Working the salt mine. I think the rerun was on last night.

mikeyis4dcats.
03-19-2007, 10:11 AM
One of his dirty jobs was right here in good ole Hutchinson, KS. Working the salt mine. I think the rerun was on last night.

I saw that one. Me thinks the mine management and OSHA were a little scared after watching it too.

"Maybe we SHOULD move back a little farther. Hurry!" ROFL

Iowanian
03-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I still like the show, and they've added a couple of other jobs I've done in the past this season.

So far as I can recall I've
Worked in a junk yard-auto crusher
Crushed car and truck rims
loaded-unloaded old tires
cattle stuff
worked on grain equipment....and the very day I saw the Kansas Rancher-Grain bin cleanout, I'd been in a grain bin with the father in law.

Great show......
Last night, did anyone notice when he left the candy-maker shop, he took a bite of a giant, chocolate, peanut laced Butt pickle.....

Great show.

|Zach|
03-19-2007, 10:05 PM
I still like the show, and they've added a couple of other jobs I've done in the past this season.

So far as I can recall I've
Worked in a junk yard-auto crusher
Crushed car and truck rims
loaded-unloaded old tires
cattle stuff
worked on grain equipment....and the very day I saw the Kansas Rancher-Grain bin cleanout, I'd been in a grain bin with the father in law.

Great show......
Last night, did anyone notice when he left the candy-maker shop, he took a bite of a giant, chocolate, peanut laced Butt pickle.....

Great show.
What was the worst?

DMAC
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
What was the worst?It probably depends on how he would define "cattle stuff".