PDA

View Full Version : Saints

Mile High Mania
03-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Ok, they have a QB friendly HC now in Sean Payton.... they are $20M under the cap. They have a good RB if he can return healthy and they'll likely draft a guy for depth. They have Horn and Stallworth. They do need a solid pass catching TE... watch for them to sign Dan Campbell (TE Cowboys), he's more of a blocker, but Payton loves him.

If they can lure Brees to sign and then either trade down in R1 for more picks, or spend that top pick on a guy like D'Brickshaw Ferguson... they could set a nice foundation.

Thoughts? Will the Saints soon join the Bengals and remove the "loser aspect" from their image?

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 10:09 AM
You mean this year?

:shake:

jspchief
03-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I was thinking signing Brees and drafting Ferguson would be a good way to go. If McAllister can stay healthy, they would have a solid O with Horn, Stallworth, and Henderson.
I don't know if it all translates to success, but I think they could improve pretty quickly.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2006, 10:12 AM
You mean this year?

:shake:
I'm not suggesting they're playoff bound, but they would be headed in the right direction.

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Not sure I'm following your comment...
Then I'll use small words, so you'll be sure to understand, you wart hog faced buffoon ... err ... donkey. :p

If you mean, will they kick off the loser tag this season, I say no. They have a LOT of problems to overcome, personnel wise, as well as internally.

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm not suggesting they're playoff bound, but they would be headed in the right direction.
Stop changing quotes on me, bitch. :p

HemiEd
03-11-2006, 10:16 AM

San Antonio or LA? :D

4th and Long
03-11-2006, 10:17 AM
:LOL:

Slainte
03-11-2006, 10:18 AM
No means no.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2006, 10:36 AM

Although i wish it was San Antonio, more than likely LA. Oh Well, Tom Bensen is a horrible owner anyways. Look at the Saints history, or lack thereof.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 12:17 PM
The Saints turn it around, and head in the right direction? Maybe, they have nowhere to go but up.

Bowser
03-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Haha.

And how much jack would it take to get a guy like Brees to play for a first time head coach on a repaeatedly crappy team? Not even to mention the possibility of a rookie guarding your blindside.

CoMoChief
03-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok, they have a QB friendly HC now in Sean Payton.... they are $20M under the cap. They have a good RB if he can return healthy and they'll likely draft a guy for depth. They have Horn and Stallworth. They do need a solid pass catching TE... watch for them to sign Dan Campbell (TE Cowboys), he's more of a blocker, but Payton loves him.

If they can lure Brees to sign and then either trade down in R1 for more picks, or spend that top pick on a guy like D'Brickshaw Ferguson... they could set a nice foundation.

Thoughts? Will the Saints soon join the Bengals and remove the "loser aspect" from their image?

They still need a defense.

Mile High Mania
03-11-2006, 12:37 PM
They still need a defense.

True, but so do many teams... you can't do it all in one season. Payton is an offense guy, so that's likely the way they'll start out building in FA and use the draft for defense. Although, I think I was reading that they were targeting one of the top LBs... Witherspoon? I'd have to check on that.

Adept Havelock
03-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Although, I think I was reading that they were targeting one of the top LBs... Witherspoon? I'd have to check on that.

There's something just wrong about a LB named for an uptight English Butler.

"I shall deliver a devastating blow upon the Ball carrier, my good sir".