PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who wanted the Baltimore DT...

Mecca
03-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Baltimore defensive tackle Maake Kemoeatu reached an agreement with Carolina -- 5 years, $23 million, with $8 million of it guaranteed.

Bowser
03-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Make 'em eat you! Make 'em eat your money!

Mr. Laz
03-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Damnit Carl! :cuss:

Demonpenz
03-11-2006, 03:24 PM
damnit we are standing pat this year. awesome year of 8-8

htismaqe
03-11-2006, 03:45 PM
damnit we are standing pat this year. awesome year of 8-8

Yeah, just like we stood pat last year, when we hadn't signed anybody in the 1st 2 days of free agency...

Mr. Laz
03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, just like we stood pat last year, when we hadn't signed anybody in the 1st 2 days of free agency...

you just can't resist it ROFL

TEX
03-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Carolina's D-line keeps getting better. Good for them.

Sure-Oz
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Standing pat till the scrubs are left and then sign 5 saying it will lead us to a playoff run.....i hate carl

Skyy God
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Carolina certainly knows how to evaluate d-line talent. I'll take this as evidence that I was right in hoping the Chiefs would target him. Oh well, he probably would have eaten his way out of the league under our coaches (from the DV regime, at least).

Frankie
03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :cuss:

Demonpenz
03-11-2006, 05:07 PM
i wish kris jenkins could stay healthy he is fun to watch

Frankie
03-11-2006, 05:10 PM
i wish kris jenkins could stay healthy he is fun to watch
Who?

FAX
03-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Carolina certainly knows how to evaluate d-line talent. I'll take this as evidence that I was right in hoping the Chiefs would target him. Oh well, he probably would have eaten his way out of the league under our coaches (from the DV regime, at least).

You're right about Carolina, Mr. Pittsie.

Really, it's amazing what a dominant d-line can do for a football team.

We have pro-bowlers all along the offensive line. You would think we could have just one premier interior d-lineman.

FAX

Skyy God
03-11-2006, 06:49 PM
You're right about Carolina, Mr. Pittsie.

Really, it's amazing what a dominant d-line can do for a football team.

We have pro-bowlers all along the offensive line. You would think we could have just one premier interior d-lineman.

FAX

Thanks, FAX. You would think that going against 3 pro-bowlers (4, if Weigmann is ever properly recognized) in practice would help develop the d-line. Apparently not in our case.

Looking at the overall picture, I'm concerned with our free agency strategy. Relative to other successful franchises, it seems we rarely target players just coming off their rookie contracts. Players with upside who will produce in the initial few years of their contract when their base salary is low. CP typically goes for older, more proven vets. See Knight, Barber, Surtain, McPasson, Holiday, etc. Their production declines much more precipitously, leaving us with either big cap charges and wasted Lamar Hunt resources, or unproductive players on our roster (Jerome Woods, Exhibit A).

Bell is a notable exception, as was Holmes. Hopefully this will change under Herm, because some of our best signing were players just out of their rookie deals.

B_Ambuehl
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM
That is the ONLY guy I was really hoping CP would make a run for in free agency...i was hoping maybe other teams didn't realize how good he was and he would slip under the radar a bit but oh well....the price tag says otherwise.