PDA

View Full Version : Sea Captain's Choice?

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
I just went to the store, and among other things (cashews, cheese, etc.), I had to pick up some cat food.

Friskies was on sale, so I was picking up some cans, and one of them is a flavor called "Sea Captain's Choice."

Do you think that Friskies actually found and reproduced some old recipe that was actually made for ship captains back in the 1700s? Or is this just some kind of marketing ploy to make me think that I want my cat to have the same kind of food as a nautical manager? Or is there some third option where those Liberian tankers are run by cats now to save money? The whole thing makes me wonder.

And while I'm at it, are coupons lame now or what? My wife sent me with some coupons, and one of them required me to buy 15 of the item, at a savings of less than 3 cents per item. (It was also cat food.) Come on, people.

Demonpenz
03-12-2006, 07:43 PM
coupons suck these days. Hey here's one for a two liter of pop for 149 yay. I remember when you could get cheese puffs for like 99 cents

chiefs4me
03-12-2006, 08:09 PM
I think it's a bunch of left over different kinds of fish mashed together and they call it catfood..you also should not be feeding your cats canned food unless for a treat, only old cats eat canned food....a growing cat needs the dry food for its teeth, did you know that???

listopencil
03-12-2006, 08:10 PM
"Sea Captain's Choice" in this case is equivalent to "Catch Of The Day" at your local seafood place. It means that the cat food has a generic seafood flavor.

SPchief
03-12-2006, 08:12 PM
I think it's a bunch of left over different kinds of fish mashed together and they call it catfood..you also should not be feeding your cats canned food unless for a treat, only old cats eat canned food....a growing cat needs the dry food for its teeth, did you know that???

So which flavor do you prefer??

Bwana
03-12-2006, 08:13 PM
"Sea Captain's Choice." Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Mate!! You buy this brand, or the cat walks the plank.

chiefs4me
03-12-2006, 08:20 PM
So which flavor do you prefer??

:rolleyes:

SPchief
03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Yet another "witty" response from C4ME

chiefs4me
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Yet another "witty" response from C4ME

wtf was I supposed to say....:hmmm::rolleyes:

SPchief
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
wtf was I supposed to say....:hmmm::rolleyes:

Something usefull for once.

Simplex3
03-12-2006, 08:35 PM
It means "we aren't really sure what the f**k we're going to put in it but we don't want to change the label. Besides, if we didn't feed it to your cat we'd have to throw all these eyes and fins out."

chiefs4me
03-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Something usefull for once.

:rolleyes:ROFL

Hammock Parties
03-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Cats are cunts.

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM

One of my cats will eat only canned food, and almost never touches dry food. The other one will eat only dry food, and almost never touches canned food. What's a pet parent to do?

listopencil
03-12-2006, 10:57 PM
One of my cats will eat only canned food, and almost never touches dry food. The other one will eat only dry food, and almost never touches canned food. What's a pet parent to do?

Feed them to each other?

Spicy McHaggis
03-12-2006, 10:59 PM

You just described the pilot of a new sitcom on Fox.

chiefs4me
03-12-2006, 11:01 PM

ROFL :shrug:

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
You just described the pilot of a new sitcom on Fox.

Felix liked only canned food. Oscar liked only dry food. Can this pair survive in a small apartment in New York City?

Nzoner
03-12-2006, 11:24 PM
coupons suck these days. Hey here's one for a two liter of pop for 149 yay. I remember when you could get cheese puffs for like 99 cents

We've been getting some good ones in the AD-Venture.

greg63
03-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Other: obligatory Gaz option.

Rain Man
03-12-2006, 11:31 PM
We've been getting some good ones in the AD-Venture.

Well, by golly, I'm going to have to pick up one of those.

T-post Tom
03-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Dude, what gives? Gaz is (once again) glaringly absent from your poll. You keep breaking the rules like this and board users get confused. We're a simple lot and enjoy a normal 'routine.' Stick to the program or the meds/therapy bills go up around here. Other than that, your polls rock. :)

Nzoner
03-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Well, by golly, I'm going to have to pick up one of those.

When you get to St Joe to do so don't forget to say hey.

Bwana
03-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Dude, what gives? Gaz is (once again) glaringly absent from your poll. You keep breaking the rules like this and board users get confused. We're a simple lot and enjoy a normal 'routine.' Stick to the program or the meds/therapy bills go up around here. Other than that, your polls rock. :)

I have to area Kevin, it's not wise to dis the Gaz. Karma may catch you tonight and you could wake up with a fresh steaming cat dung in your bed. The Gaz has powers most can not even begin to comprehend. :eek: