PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos (Major Spoilers)

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:17 PM
WOW!!! Who the hell seen that coming first episode.

Some observations:

There was big prophesy on the circle of life throughout the whole episode.

Soprano’s directors have always been big on keeping things realistic. If you took notice to where Tony was shot, it hit him right in the liver. If he’s alive for the next episode I have no idea how they’re going to pull it off while keeping in Sopranos context.

Junior’s brain is freaking pudding pie, he’s as good as dead. But…he’s kind of like golem in LoTR; I think he’s still going to have a big impact on the outcome of things in a indirect sort of way.

If Tony lives there isn’t a person outside of Silvio who isn’t ready to stick a knife in his back and finish the job. His whole empire is crumbling around. He’s always been a perfectionist controlling every detail no matter how small but he seems blissfully ignorant all of a sudden.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect next. Any thoughts?

I’m a junkie with this show.

Chiefnj
03-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Were all those guys snitches two years ago, or did that develop in the offseason?

Meadow dancing, hmmm.

kcfanintitanhell
03-12-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm kind of a Sopranos n00b, but if Tony was shot in the liver, my guess is the guy that hung himself might be a potential donor. In any case, it's gonna be someone that lost their life in the line of duty to the family.

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Were all those guys snitches two years ago, or did that develop in the offseason?

Meadow dancing, hmmm.

The older guy was a long-time rat. The young guy that hung himself wasn't a rat before this episode.

Meadow dancing was nice indeed. She would hardly be annoying if she was always dressed like that.

Chiefnj
03-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Carmella has some issues this year. Lots of showing off and trying to rub it in.

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Sushi...

Big emphasis on that too…don’t quiet know the connection yet. Thinking out loud.

and doing my best impression of Gunther Fan in replying to my own post /

Chiefnj
03-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Sushi...

Big emphasis on that too…don’t quiet know the connection yet. Thinking out loud.

and doing my best impression of Gunther Fan in replying to my own post /

sushi... sleep with the fishes. I've got to get me an engineers hat.

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Carmella has some issues this year. Lots of showing off and trying to rub it in.

I caught that too now that you bring it up. The ending kinda overshadowed all the other stuff.

She’s very vindictive. I think it comes from being married to the top dog and knowing in the back of her mind that she’s resented by everyone and when all is said and done at the end of day she trusts no one, not even her husband.

That show rivals (good) David Lynch movies for depth.

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:39 PM
sushi... sleep with the fishes. I've got to get me an engineers hat.

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/brilliant.jpg

:D

penchief
03-12-2006, 09:45 PM
WOW!!! Who the hell seen that coming first episode.

Some observations:

There was big prophesy on the circle of life throughout the whole episode.

Soprano’s directors have always been big on keeping things realistic. If you took notice to where Tony was shot, it hit him right in the liver. If he’s alive for the next episode I have no idea how they’re going to pull it off while keeping in Sopranos context.

Junior’s brain is freaking pudding pie, he’s as good as dead. But…he’s kind of like golem in LoTR; I think he’s still going to have a big impact on the outcome of things in a indirect sort of way.

If Tony lives there isn’t a person outside of Silvio who isn’t ready to stick a knife in his back and finish the job. His whole empire is crumbling around. He’s always been a perfectionist controlling every detail no matter how small but he seems blissfully ignorant all of a sudden.

I have absolutely no idea what to expect next. Any thoughts?

I’m a junkie with this show.

Wow. Silvio has always been the most loyal to Tony. I would think anybody but Silvio would have a reason to put a knife in his back. That said, you may be on to something. The least likely candidate would make for the most shocking and interesting scenario.

Is Uncle June really losing it or is he playing? He plotted to kill Tony once before. The way to do it without starting an all-out war would be to act crazy. However, the scene showing Junior hiding in the closet would shoot that theory down if it weren't Hollywood.

Otter
03-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Wow. Silvio has always been the most loyal to Tony. I would think anybody but Silvio would have a reason to put a knife in his back. That said, you may be on to something. The least likely candidate would make for the most shocking and interesting scenario.

Is Uncle June really losing it or is he playing? He plotted to kill Tony once before. The way to do it without starting an all-out war would be to act crazy. However, the scene showing Junior hiding in the closet would shoot that theory down if it weren't Hollywood.

He's not faking.

Remember the episode in season 3 where he went to his old neighborhood looking for his brother in his robe and slippers and wound up in the baptist church? That was the begining of Alzheimer's Disease setting in.

Back when Junior was still clicking on all cylinders he always had a big ego and emphasized old school la costa nostra ways. If he wanted Tony whacked he would do it old school. What happened today would be beneath a strong Junior.

What he's doing now would be undignified for a dom. Which, in title only, he is.

kcxiv
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Damn no torrents of it out yet.

Chiefnj
03-12-2006, 10:27 PM
The next few weeks should be good. Big power vacuums with Johhny in jail and T in the hospital. Lots of guys positioning to be top dog.

CHENZ A!
03-12-2006, 10:31 PM
great first episode, can't wait til' next Sun.

penchief
03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
He's not faking.

Remember the episode in season 3 where he went to his old neighborhood looking for his brother in his robe and slippers and wound up in the baptist church? That was the begining of Alzheimer's Disease setting in.

Back when Junior was still clicking on all cylinders he always had a big ego and emphasized old school la costa nostra ways. If he wanted Tony whacked he would do it old school. What happened today would be beneath a strong Junior.

What he's doing now would be undignified for a dom. Which, in title only, he is.

You're right. I always find myself trying to outguess the writers.

ragedogg69
03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
please tell me someone got a capture of meadows dance so i can have a new sig!

penchief
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
great first episode, can't wait til' next Sun.

It was good but did it seem like the scenes are way too short? I know that bouncing around has been a staple of the show but tonight it seemed like the scenes were so short that I didn't get a chance to get involved until the very end.

Usually, I'm entranced fifteen minutes into the show. Tonight I wasn't entranced until the last fifteen minutes.

Don't get me wrong. I love the show. I just thought that tonight was too choppy.

Otter
03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Remember Vito giving that guy a blow job *shudders* outside the contruction site and when they brought lunch into the Bada Bing he right away went for the hot dog sans bun?

ROFL

Dammit, I wish I had Tivo, I would watch that again.

Anyone know what "Pussy Mangala" (what Junior said when he shot Tony) means? I'm a guido and have no idea, never even heard it before.

penchief
03-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Remember Vito giving that guy a blow job *shudders* outside the contruction site and when they brought lunch into the Bada Bing he right away went for the hot dog sans bun?

ROFL

Dammit, I wish I had Tivo, I would watch that again.

Anyone know what "Pussy Mangala" (what Junior said when he shot Tony) means? I'm a guido and have no idea, never even heard it before.

Was he referring to Big Pussy? One of Tony's most loyal soldiers that betrayed him? The one that Tony, Silvio, and Paulie shot at sea and dumped in the ocean? I can't imagine why Junior would be reciting Big Pussy's name but that's the only thing I could think of when he did.

Otter
03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Was he referring to Big Pussy? One of Tony's most loyal soldiers that betrayed him? The one that Tony, Silvio, and Paulie shot at sea and dumped in the ocean? I can't imagine why Junior would be reciting Big Pussy's name but that's the only thing I could think of when he did.

I honestly have no idea.

From what I remember Junior didn't have anything to do with Pussy being whacked. I can't remember one instance of those two (Pussy & Junior) so much as talking let alone thinking of him when he shot Tony. Junior is pretty much crazy at this point though.

David Chase is very David Lynch like in his style, maybe it's just some abstract "blurt" that you're not supposed to get or draw your own conclusion.

dtebbe
03-12-2006, 11:33 PM

Yep, where's the "I'd hit it TWICE" sig when you need it?

DT

Otter
03-13-2006, 12:32 AM

Pussy Malenga is the guy Junior was planning to whack at Vesuvio in the pilot; that's why Tony burned Artie's restaurant down.

Apparently "Pussy" is a popular name in Jersey. :shrug:

keg in kc
03-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Holy f*cking shit.

Bootlegged
03-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Shit - I missed the end....Tony was shot???? Who/what happened? What condition is he in?

Brock
03-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Shit - I missed the end....Tony was shot???? Who/what happened? What condition is he in?

Addled Junior shot him, then went and hid in the closet.

Bootlegged
03-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Addled Junior shot him, then went and hid in the closet.

Wow. Thank God HBO repeats it 4x's/week. Great way to kick it off...

BigChiefFan
03-13-2006, 08:17 AM
No mention of the guy who hung himself? That was a little unexpected, too.

Kylo Ren
03-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Keep in mind that Vito said, earlier in the show, to the guy that hung himself, that if anything were to ever happen to Tony, a heart attack or etc., he could possibly become the next Boss because he's become the top earner. Do you think there's anything to that?

Kylo Ren
03-13-2006, 08:55 AM
What's up with Carmella? She's done a 180 in the last 2 episodes of season 5 and, of course, this new season. She's totally different. Do you think she's really back with Tony or is she up to something?

Kylo Ren
03-13-2006, 09:21 AM
please tell me someone got a capture of meadows dance so i can have a new sig! Good stuff! :thumb: PBJ :drool:

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Did I mention I love HDTV???

I literally couldn't decide where to focus.

Oooh, 'do me' eyes!
Ohh, bewbs!!
Ohh, Moose knuckle!!

Info overload!!!!!!

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
That was Atkins, not lust for manmeat. Didn't you see him glaring over all the deep fried and breaded junk?

Could I get some water with lemon?? ROFL

Chiefnj
03-13-2006, 09:42 AM
That was Atkins, not lust for manmeat. Didn't you see him glaring over all the deep fried and breaded junk?

Could I get some water with lemon?? ROFL

You are going to love next week - dream sequences.

Baby Lee
03-13-2006, 10:16 AM
You are going to love next week - dream sequences.
Heh! And who was that who got so unhinged about the dream sequence last time? Fraz? Good times.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2006, 11:16 AM
What was unexpected about that?

At the beginning of the episode I never expected it, I was thinking he may off Tony or go into hiding, I never expected him to take his life. Sure, as it grew closer to showing the pressure he was under, it was moving in that direction, but I sure did think it was going in that direction from the get-go.

Kylo Ren
03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Heh! And who was that who got so unhinged about the dream sequence last time? Fraz? Good times. I hated the dream sequence from last season. It was a wasted episode. I hope they don't do it again.

BigChiefFan
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, hell... at the beginning of the episode I didn't even know who the guy was. You won't have to worry about knowing who he is now, either. :)

Fat Elvis
03-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I hated the dream sequence from last season. It was a wasted episode. I hope they don't do it again.

Anyone wanna take bets that the next few episodes are Tony having flashback fillers of the past 1 1/2 of his life as he lays dieing on the floor?