PDA

View Full Version : Got pounded in Bentonville Arkansas tonite!

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Had a tornado start in my back yard and go north to destroy several houses. Fortunately missed my house with just minor damage. Baseball hail to boot....still aint over either!

Lonewolf Ed
03-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Had a tornado start in my back yard and go north to destroy several houses. Fortunately missed my house with just minor damage. Baseball hail to boot....still aint over either!

I heard the sirens here in Olathe, KS twice today, but the storms were always to the northwest and headed northeast. I saw some small hail, about like gumballs, too. Let's hope this does not turn out to be a bad year for storms, not just here, but all over the USA.

Scaga
03-13-2006, 08:55 AM

Glad I left when I did...
Spent Friday, Saturday in Rogers with my parents and left Sunday morning. Hope all is well.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Glad I left when I did...
Spent Friday, Saturday in Rogers with my parents and left Sunday morning. Hope all is well.

Took the kids to school this morning and saw the new HS stadium dropped 2 of it big metal stadium lights, one right across the home seats. Seems the Little Flock area got it real bad as well as Centerton and parts of Bella Vista with the large hail damaging lots of cars ect.

Skip Towne
03-13-2006, 09:08 AM
That makes it pretty clear that God hates Wal-Mart.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:11 AM
That makes it pretty clear that God hates Wal-Mart.

This was interesting that both the heavy duty RR signal polls in front of WalMart ISD (computer center) went down.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:21 AM
This is the extent of my damage.
Neighbors trampoline busted thru my fence and the tree stopped it in its tracks saving damage to the house. Trampolines must be easily lifted because I saw another mangled one setting in front of the HighSchool across the sidewalk.

morphius
03-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Glad you made it through Cmac!

ROYC75
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM
WOW, that's cutting it close. Glad you are all OK, sucks that it happened.

stevieray
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Dang! we had golf ball size hail in Parkville, but nothing that severe.

DaFace
03-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Is it bad that when I see a thread about getting "pounded" on this site, I immediately wonder whose crazy Friday night we'll be hearing about? :)

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Glad you made it through Cmac!

Thanks!
I usually dont get too frazzled in storms since I originated in Kansas, but when you throw 4 uncalmable kids and a bug eyed wife in the equation....lets just say it makes interesting. I'm kinda glad the siren failed in our section of town because that seems to only magnify the problem.

morphius
03-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Thanks!
I usually dont get too frazzled in storms since I originated in Kansas, but when you throw 4 uncalmable kids and a bug eyed wife in the equation....lets just say it makes interesting. I'm kinda glad the siren failed in our section of town because that seems to only magnify the problem.
Yeah, they do change things a bit. Of course now I'm worried because living in Olathe I didn't hear either of the sirens that Lonewolf mentioned. Though I was awoken from my nap by some quarter sized hail.

Seek
03-13-2006, 09:33 AM
My house got pounded with Golf ball size hail for about five minutes, and some close to baseball size hail. It will force me to paint my house this summer.

I did enjoy the fact that it left some pretty good dings on the car parked in front of my house. They parked infront of my house to go out of town with the people accross the street. Why not park in their drive way, or in front of their house. Serves you right, It is against the Home Owners association to park on the street for longer than 24 hours anyway. LOL.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
My house got pounded with Golf ball size hail for about five minutes, and some close to baseball size hail. It will force me to paint my house this summer.

I did enjoy the fact that it left some pretty good dings on the car parked in front of my house. They parked infront of my house to go out of town with the people accross the street. Why not park in their drive way, or in front of their house. Serves you right, It is against the Home Owners association to park on the street for longer than 24 hours anyway. LOL.

Where do you live?

jspchief
03-13-2006, 09:39 AM

I did enjoy the fact that it left some pretty good dings on the car parked in front of my house. They parked infront of my house to go out of town with the people accross the street. Why not park in their drive way, or in front of their house. Serves you right, It is against the Home Owners association to park on the street for longer than 24 hours anyway. LOL.Hail that size will probably get you a new roof. Make sure and contact your homeowner's insurance agent.

Seek
03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Where do you live?

North KC close to Park Hill High School. We had stuff blowing across our back yard, but nothing like trampolines. Grill covers and a couple of plastic lawn chairs. Knocked down a bunch of tree limbs in the woods behind me. Still gave us the scare of the Tornado that just missed us two years ago.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
North KC close to Park Hill High School. We had stuff blowing across our back yard, but nothing like trampolines. Grill covers and a couple of plastic lawn chairs. Knocked down a bunch of tree limbs in the woods behind me. Still gave us the scare of the Tornado that just missed us two years ago.

I hear you.
Heres a picture of some of the hail a mile or so north of me.

Seek
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Hail that size will probably get you a new roof. Make sure and contact your homeowner's insurance agent.

House is only two years old. Damaged a couple of shingles, and chipped the trim work, and knocked off the paint on the window frams. Tore a couple of window screens. Damaged a couple peices of wood off my deck. Dented the gutters. All the tulips that were growing, have huge holes in the the leaves. I don't think there was enough damage to the paint of the house though to get it repainted.

CoMoChief
03-13-2006, 09:58 AM

Hopefully it took out the Walmart HQ.

jspchief
03-13-2006, 10:01 AM
House is only two years old. Damaged a couple of shingles, and chipped the trim work, and knocked off the paint on the window frams. Tore a couple of window screens. Damaged a couple peices of wood off my deck. Dented the gutters. All the tulips that were growing, have huge holes in the the leaves. I don't think there was enough damage to the paint of the house though to get it repainted.If the hail was large enough to dent your gutters, it was large enough to damage your roof. You may not see obvious damage right now, but in a few years, you'll have deterioration in every spot that the hail hit.

Call your insurance agent. Three or four years from now, you may have a hard time convincing them it was the hail form '06.

I've been in the roofing business for 13 years. Trust me on this one.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 10:08 AM
Hopefully it took out the Walmart HQ.

After 9-11 and realizing they were on a hit list, WalMart's heart of operations is actually underground and dang near bullet proof.

Herzig
03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
Glad to hear you made it through ok Craig. I was in KC yesterday morning and experienced walnut sized hail there.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear you made it through ok Craig. I was in KC yesterday morning and experienced walnut sized hail there.

Thanks Greg, glad to hear all is well with you also. I saw on the dobbler that there was a lot of hail and wind in your neck of the woods too.

stevieray
03-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks Greg, glad to hear all is well with you also. I saw on the dobbler that there was a lot of hail and wind in your neck of the woods too.

dobbler?

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 10:24 AM
dobbler?

Its the latest tech here in Arkansas.....

Herzig
03-13-2006, 10:25 AM

Dobbler?
ROFL

I sold the rent house and now live in Johnson...it was a little windy but the sky was absolutley clear here. You could see all the lightning and omninous looking clouds to the north though.

NewChief
03-13-2006, 10:36 AM

Speaking of Arkansas weather techs... WTF is up with the weathermen breaking in during the middle of a show and staying on for like 20 minutes repeating themselves over and over. Charles Salzer (we call him Porky Pig around my house) came on at about 9:45 last night, during the last 15 minutes of Grey's anatomy, and didn't stop his weather rap until 10:10 or so, at which point I just went to bed.

stevieray
03-13-2006, 10:39 AM

I believe it's doppler.

Dartgod
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
dobbler?
I think he's talking about this guy...

http://www.stephenking.ru/movies/images/thumbnails/stand/tom.jpg

I didn't even know he was a weatherman.

M-O-O-N. That spells tornado.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I believe it's doppler.

Ya, thats what the rich folk up north use.

Scaga
03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Took the kids to school this morning and saw the new HS stadium dropped 2 of it big metal stadium lights, one right across the home seats. Seems the Little Flock area got it real bad as well as Centerton and parts of Bella Vista with the large hail damaging lots of cars ect.

"Little Flock"???
Isn't that where Lost Springs Country Club is? My parents are members there. Played golf there with my dad a bunch. Nice place.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 11:37 AM

Dobber...its Dobber not dobbler.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
"Little Flock"???
Isn't that where Lost Springs Country Club is? My parents are members there. Played golf there with my dad a bunch. Nice place.

Yes, Lost Springs is as far south and west of Little Flock you can get though. Not for sure but I think much of the damage was farther north.

sedated
03-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I thought this was another BadGirl thread

Skip Towne
03-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I would have thought you'd get telephones first.

C-Mac
03-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Sheeesh.....no kidding!

morphius
03-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Come on, they all have the party line.

Bob Dole
03-13-2006, 12:32 PM

M-O-O-N that spells funny.