03-13-2006, 09:58 AM
That is scary. Seriously f*cked up.

Bwana
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
One more reason to despise the credit card companies. :shake:

greg63
03-13-2006, 10:05 AM
That is scary. Seriously f*cked up.

You're right; it doesn't surprise me though.

BTAU
03-13-2006, 10:05 AM
This guy should tell Mastercard about this. Press the issue to see why they allowed this to happen.

ROYC75
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
WOW........ what a screwed up mess. But if you get them on the phone you get 25 frigging security questions, just less than DNA testing to ask a question about a bill.

dr00d
03-13-2006, 10:40 AM
You're right; it doesn't surprise me though.

greg63
03-13-2006, 10:42 AM
WOW........ what a screwed up mess. But if you get them on the phone you get 25 frigging security questions, just less than DNA testing to ask a question about a bill.

ROFLROFL

Although last time I went through something like that I offered to send them a stool sample; whether they wanted it or not.

dr00d
03-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I've always liked the game that people play involving sending their advertisments back to them in their paid postage envelope.

Iowanian
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Drood,
I always do that, but sometimes, I like to send DISCOVER the Mastercard crap and Visa the Discover crap et al. sometimes, I'll stuff them as full of other junkmail as I can, hoping the envelope is overweight, and the company will get charged extra postage to get rid of the crap.

ROYC75
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I've always liked the game that people play involving sending their advertisments back to them in their paid postage envelope.

Cool idea, have to try that one.

Bwana
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
On a side note, I did (and am still doing) a little test ( Rainman) should love this) with one of my credit cards. I got it about 3 months ago and never signed it. I figured I would see how long it would take before:

A: Someone looked at the back and said something like, "hey, this isn't signed, you can't use this"

B. How long I could b.s. past that even if they did notice.

I have now used the card 23 times.

Three people have noticed and I have been able to b.s. my way otu of it with the goods AND not having to sign the card.

Twenty people have not even looked at the back and handed it right back to me.

dr00d
03-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Drood,
I always do that, but sometimes, I like to send DISCOVER the Mastercard crap and Visa the Discover crap et al. sometimes, I'll stuff them as full of other junkmail as I can, hoping the envelope is overweight, and the company will get charged extra postage to get rid of the crap.

hah, I guess I don't get enough cc crap to worry about getting 2 card offers in one day. I'd hold on to them to send them back to the opposite company, but only for a couple days...the trash laying around would drive me nuts.

Saulbadguy
03-13-2006, 11:18 AM
None of my credit cards are signed. 1 out of 10 times people ask for ID, depending on the purchase.

dr00d
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
On a side note, I did (and am still doing) a little test ( Rainman) should love this) with one of my credit cards. I got it about 3 months ago and never signed it. I figured I would see how long it would take before:

A: Someone looked at the back and said something like, "hey, this isn't signed, you can't use this"

Three people have noticed and I have been able to b.s. my way otu of it with the goods AND not having to sign the card.

most people at the register make 7 dollars an hour, they don't care if it is your money or not, end of story :)

ROYC75
03-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Drood,

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bwana
03-13-2006, 11:21 AM

It seems every fricken credit card compay has that little "great deal flap" hanging off the back of the envelope that you send your payment back in these days. I have just been leaving it on and not taking the time to rip it off before I send in my payments. The people that open it have to love that. ;) I figured I would pass on the pain in the ass factor on down the line.

Iowanian
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
I write "SEE ID" on the back of all my credit cards...have NEVER been checked that I can recall.

Bwana
03-13-2006, 11:30 AM
I write "SEE ID" on the back of all my credit cards...have NEVER been checked that I can recall.

My brother does the same thing, he writes "ASK FOR ID" in giant black marker letters where the signature goes and they still never check.

Dartgod
03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
My brother does the same thing, he writes "ASK FOR ID" in giant black marker letters where the signature goes and they still never check.I've done that. Then the dipshit looks at the back of the card and still does not ask for it. :shake:

03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
ROFLROFL

Although last time I went through something like that I offered to send them a stool sample; whether they wanted it or not.

HOpe they enjoyed it. :)

Bowser
03-13-2006, 12:38 PM
most people at the register make 7 dollars an hour, they don't care if it is your money or not, end of story :)

On a slightly different note, you could almost make more collecting unemployment.

How screwed up is that?

Boozer
03-13-2006, 12:40 PM
This is why I use my office incinerator. That's probably too formal of a term, I really just burn stuff in my trash can at work.

Bowser
03-13-2006, 12:49 PM
This is why I use my office incinerator. That's probably too formal of a term, I really just burn stuff in my trash can at work.

You work in Beirut?

Boozer
03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
You work in Beirut?

I'm a panhandler. When you see a bunch of homeless guys huddling around a burning trash can, they're not doing it for warmth. They're just properly disposing of their credit card applications to avoid identity theft.

ChiefsFanatic
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
None of my credit cards are signed. 1 out of 10 times people ask for ID, depending on the purchase.

I deliver pizza, and have to make an imprint of the card. When I ask to see I.D. people get pissed off, even when I am only doing what they wrote on the back of the card.

I know that I am at their address, but if they write it, I ask. I have never had someone tell me thanks for asking.

Saulbadguy
03-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I've never thanked anyone for asking for my id... but, when it happens I don't get pissed or anything.
Same. I've got my wallet out already.

greg63
03-13-2006, 07:03 PM
HOpe they enjoyed it. :)

ROFL

Me too!