PDA

View Full Version : NFL Europe starts this Saturday...

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Here is the full rundown of Chiefs in NFL Europe this year.

I plan to bump this thread and provide weekly stat updates as I did last season.

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman
DT Arrion Dixon

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms
DE Zach Ville

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian
LB Kris Griffin
WR Nate Curry

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 05:18 PM
They haven't updated the depth charts at NFLeurope.com yet...hopefully Griffin and Kilian are starters.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 05:21 PM
All the games are on NFL Network.

Kilian's team plays Freeman's team on Sunday at 2pm central.

SLAG
03-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Are the games on any other channel other than NFL network?

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Are the games on any other channel other than NFL network?

I doubt it.

What's the issue, anyway? If you don't have NFL Network you're a complete retard.

SLAG
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM
I doubt it.

What's the issue, anyway? If you don't have NFL Network you're a complete retard.

I didnt realize my Level of Intellect had anything to do with the Channel's my Cable Company offers me

Good to know

Adept Havelock
03-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Wait for the inevitable dish sales pitch in 5..4..3..

headsnap
03-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I didnt realize my Level of Intellect had anything to do with the Channel's my Cable Company offers me

Good to know

wow, you totally proved his point!!!! :)

SLAG
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
wow, you totally proved his point!!!! :)

:spock:

headsnap
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
:spock:

If you were smarter you would have realized that in the first place and chosen a different cable provider... :p

SLAG
03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
If you were smarter you would have realized that in the first place and chosen a different cable provider... :p

I havent found anyone to beat the offer that T.W.C offered me... Nfl network or no Nfl network

Spicy McHaggis
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Griffin obviously is a guy to watch but I think Svitek and Perkins could end up competing for time once we get into TC too. Svitek has the physical ability to be a good tackle, he's just raw right now.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Griffin obviously is a guy to watch but I think Svitek and Perkins could end up competing for time once we get into TC too. Svitek has the physical ability to be a good tackle, he's just raw right now.

Wasn't Svitek like thin as a rod but really tall?

I'm going to enjoy watching NFLE this year...I hope Kilian starts. Griffin should dominate.

ChiefsCountry
03-13-2006, 08:12 PM
I still think NFL needs its NFLE type league here in the states, if our players were all on the same team on a Omaha/Springfield/Des Moines/Wichita team, we would watch it more and pay alot more attention to it.

Rain Man
03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
I doubt it.

My cable company is destroying my reputation and self-confidence.

nascher
03-13-2006, 08:26 PM
What happened to Parquet, Walden and Dixon ?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/01/30/chiefs_announce_allocations_of_11_players_to_nfl_europe/

Hammock Parties
03-13-2006, 08:28 PM

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/01/30/chiefs_announce_allocations_of_11_players_to_nfl_europe/

That's a good question, I don't see them on an NFLE roster.

nascher
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
maybe injured or cut.

Dunit35
03-13-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm excited to watch Griffin play. He's got good speed and I hope he dominates and stays injury free.

Kylo Ren
03-13-2006, 10:45 PM

I plan to bump this thread and provide weekly stat updates as I did last season.

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms
DE Zach Ville

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian
LB Kris Griffin
WR Nate Curry

Of this list Svitek, Perkins and Griffin are the most important ones to watch. We need them to develop into starters soon.

greg63
03-13-2006, 10:51 PM

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms
DE Zach Ville

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian
LB Kris Griffin
WR Nate Curry

I've been tryin to survive on Arena Ball; I've been going through serious NFL withdrawal.

unlurking
03-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I've been tryin to survive on Arena Ball; I've been going through serious NFL withdrawal.
I hear ya. I can't stand arena ball though. I am a hockey lover though, and this year is much better than last. At least I get to watch a violent physical game for another couple months.

greg63
03-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I hear ya. I can't stand arena ball though. I am a hockey lover though, and this year is much better than last. At least I get to watch a violent physical game for another couple months.

I never just watched an entire pro hockey game, but I might have to give it a shot.

Frosty
03-14-2006, 07:42 AM

Dixon is listed on the Centurions

Arrion Dixon (http://www.nfleurope.com/players/playerpage/1137)

I know Walden was cut. Parquet must have been hurt because I didn't see him on the cut list.

ROYC75
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Good luck to all of them. Hope they all do well.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 05:52 PM
NFL Europe's website has posted the depth chart.

KC Starters include:

DT Arrion Dixon

LT Will Svitek

DT Zach Ville

I'm a little pissed Kris Griffin isn't starting.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 5 tackles

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 1 tackle
DT Arrion Dixon - 3 tackles

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 2 tackles, 2 forced fumbles
DT Zach Ville - 2 tackles, 1 interception

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - Cleared the way for 135 yards rushing, line allowed no sacks!

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 0 for 7 passing, 1 INT,
LB Kris Griffin - 8 tackles, 1 pass defensed
WR Nate Curry - 0 catches

Lzen
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Did I miss something? When did Eddie Freeman come back to the Chiefs?

Chan93lx50
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Ouch, 0 for 7 Passing for Killian

I see Freeman is over achieving

Griffin put up good number for not being a starter

Hammock Parties
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM

This offseason.

Cormac
03-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Of this list Svitek, Perkins and Griffin are the most important ones to watch. We need them to develop into starters soon.

If they develop into starters soon, rest assured that's a bad sign for us.

Hammock Parties
03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
If they develop into starters soon, rest assured that's a bad sign for us.

That depends on your definition of "soon."

If they were all quality starters next year, that would be great.

jettio
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM

You need to do a better job of keeping up with roster news. :$2500:

Frosty
03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Griffin looked like a man among boys out there, when he played. Not sure why he's splitting time with another LB, unless it has to do with the national player rule.

Svitek was very impressive in pass protection. It was hard to tell how he did with run blocking, because the camera angles are really poor.

Dixon and Ville were really active, getting a lot of push. Dixon was getting a lot of double teams.

Kilian didn't get much playing time, only a quarter. Four of his passes were long and he either overthrew the receiver or there was good coverage. Two of his three short passes (including the int) were dropped. Hamburg's receivers are pretty poor.

Perkins was getting torched all over the field.

Freeman didn't look like he was trying very hard and was usually getting blocked one on one. He didn't start, but played a lot when the starter (an unallocated player) got hurt.

The rest didn't really stand out.

melbar
03-26-2006, 07:46 PM
TD Justin Perkins for Amsterdam on a blocked kick.

Chief Roundup
03-26-2006, 08:01 PM
It seems as though playing in NFLE almost assures us that they won't start this year or hardly contribute. Maybe they can help next year :rolleyes:

melbar
03-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Dixon fumble recovery

Frosty
03-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Perkins does a nice job on special teams and in run support, but still looks like a liability in pass coverage.

Dixon and Ville both look athletic and do a nice job in run support. Freeman actually looked like he was trying but didn't stand out much.

Kilian looked a lot better in his two series. Much more accurate and made a few plays while scrambling. Led a long touchdown drive at the end of the first half.

Griffin still makes a lot of plays and looks faster than anyone else on their D. Made several nice stops in the backfield. His team got absolutely shredded in the running game, though.

Svitek might be a find. Just stones his guy.

The other guys don't stand out.

Hammock Parties
03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Week two stats:

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 72 yard TD return off a blocked field goal that he blocked, 7 tackles, 2 passes defensed

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 4 tackles
DT Arrion Dixon - 3 tackles, 1 fumble recovery

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 2 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
DE Zach Ville - 2 tackles, 1 sack

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - Started at LT again. No sacks, 195 yards rushing.

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 5 out of 8 passing, 55 yards. Also 2 carries for 19 yards.

LB Kris Griffin - 4 tackles

WR Nate Curry - no stats

I didn't watch any games but Perkins sounds like a project.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Waitaminnit! I thought Kris Griffin had some major knee problems?

Hammock Parties
04-02-2006, 03:34 PM
WEEK THREE STATS

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 4 tackles

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 5 tackles
DT Arrion Dixon - 2 tackles

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 2 tackles, 1 pass defensed
DE Zach Ville - 2 tackles

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 105 rushing yards, 1 sack

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 10 out of 15 for 110 yards, 2 TD (Richard Smith caught a 42-yard TD pass from him)
LB Kris Griffin - 4 tackles, 2 passes defensed
WR Nate Curry - 1 catch, 8 yards

Bowser
04-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Svitek rushed for 105 yards and had a sack?

MOVE OVER SCANLON!

Dunit35
04-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Svitek is a force in the running game now. That's a big RB.

Hammock Parties
04-10-2006, 06:39 PM
WEEK FOUR

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 3 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - no stats

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 3 tackles

DE Zach Ville - 3 tackles

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 186 yards rushing, 0 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 5 out of 8 for 44 yards, 2 interceptions

LB Kris Griffin - 4 tackles

WR Nate Curry - 3 catches, 29 yards

58-4ever
04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Will "Roaf" Svitek can't be stopped

alanm
04-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't know what their doing with Svitek but Johnson is in trouble when he gets back from Europe. ROFL
186 yrds rushing Wow!! :D

Hammock Parties
04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
WEEK FIVE

Amsterdam Admirals -

Cologone Centurions -

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 1 pass defensed

DE Zach Ville - 1 tackle

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 137 yards rushing, 2 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - Did not play

LB Kris Griffin - 7 tackles

WR Nate Curry - 3 catches, 50 yards, 1 TD

Wilson8
04-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Will Svitek looked pretty good but it was again against a 240 lb, not so fast DE. I have not seen any good defensive ends to challenge him. There was one sack in the game against Frankfurt and that was given up by an interior lineman not Svitek. Despite persistent rumors he also did not rush for 137 yards.

WR Nate Curry had a nice catch and run for a touchdown in the 2nd quarter. He also fumbled the ball on a kick return. His team, Hamburg, was behind by a touchdown in the closing minutes. He had a nice return to the 40 and was trying for the extra yards. The other team stripped him of the ball. The Galaxy, Svitek’s team, then ran out the clock.

James Kilian seems to have lost his second team QB job to Todd Mortensen a QB from the Patriots. The games I have seen, Kilian has out played the starting QB, Brock Berlin. It seems there are some political influences from NFL teams of who plays and who doesn’t.

Kris Kriffin made some good plays with 7 tackles. He had two tackles where he met the backs three yard deep for tackles. On the negative, he also runs himself out of plays and gets lost at times. He seems to be a good athlete that needs training as a linebacker.

Justin Perkins, I’m not sure what to make of him as a cornerback. I’ve heard he is a good CB, but I have not seen it yet. In some earlier games he has been giving the receiver lots of room. Lining up 7 yards off and starting to back peddle even before the snap. Did not get burned but gave up lots of yards. This week they were going against the best receivers in NFL Europe. The CBs played close to the receiver and tried to jam them at the line. They gave up 4 TDs and 307 yards through the air, so not real good success. Perkins got burned on one play for a 22 yard touchdown catch. Perkins trailed the receiver a few yard behind and could do nothing to prevent the catch and TD.

I did not see today’s football game with the Cologne Centurions. DT Arrion Dixon started out with 4 tackles in the first half but had nothing in the second half. Did he get injured?

Hammock Parties
04-23-2006, 05:13 PM
WEEK SIX

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 3 tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 3 tackles, 1 forced fumble

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 6 tackles

DE Zach Ville - No Stats

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 203 yards rushing, 2 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 10 out of 22 passing, 126 yards, 1 touchdown. Also ran 4 times for 19 yards.

LB Kris Griffin - 6 tackles

WR Nate Curry - 1 catch 4 yards

Bowser
04-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Svitek and Justin Perkins seem to be doing quite nicely for themselves in NFLEL. Diamonds in the rough, perhaps?

Kind of sorry that Kilian hasn't done as well as hoped. A mobile, strong armed QB is always nice to have on the roster. I guess that Printers will have to take that role.

Hammock Parties
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
WEEK SEVEN

Amsterdam Admirals -

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 5 tackles, 1 sack

DT Arrion Dixon - 4 tackles, 1 sack

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 4 tackles

DE Zach Ville - 2 tackles 1 sack

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 173 yards rushing, 8 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - 8 out of 17 passing, 71 yards, 2 INT. Also ran 4 times for 21 yards.

LB Kris Griffin - 3 tackles

WR Nate Curry - 1 catch 12 yards

Hammock Parties
05-07-2006, 10:38 PM
WEEK EIGHT

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 6 tackles, 1 fumble recovery

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 2 tackles, 1 forced fumble

DT Arrion Dixon - 1 tackle

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms -2 tackles

DE Zach Ville - 0 tackles

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 209 yards rushing, 2 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - No stats

LB Kris Griffin - 2 tackles

WR Nate Curry - 4 catches, 46 yards

chefsos
05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
I haven't seen any games, but the recent stats indicate that Eddie Freeman is putting the hat (preferably his own) on the ballcarrier and forcing fumbles. Me likey.

RealSNR
05-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Kris Griffin is looking more and more like a bad pick over Scot Fujita with every game he sucks at.

I'm glad Svitek is looking good. Can't wait to see if he's nothing but a phony in training camp.

Also, does anyone know what happened to Jeremy Parquet and why he isn't in Europe?

greg63
05-08-2006, 12:05 AM
I haven't seen any games, but the recent stats indicate that Eddie Freeman is putting the hat (preferably his own) on the ballcarrier and forcing fumbles. Me likey.

He does appear promising.

Nite Planet!

Moooo
05-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Kris Griffin is looking more and more like a bad pick over Scot Fujita with every game he sucks at.

I'm glad Svitek is looking good. Can't wait to see if he's nothing but a phony in training camp.

Also, does anyone know what happened to Jeremy Parquet and why he isn't in Europe?

The release of Fujita confuses me to this day. He wasn't great, but he was solid, and wasn't asking an arm and a leg (wasn't it league minimum for LBs?).

Moooo

Spicy McHaggis
05-08-2006, 12:50 AM
The release of Fujita confuses me to this day. He wasn't great, but he was solid, and wasn't asking an arm and a leg (wasn't it league minimum for LBs?).

Moooo

I thought Fujita was in the last year of his rookie contract when we traded him. Either way, you're right he wouldn't have been expensive to retain and I would have prefered us doing so.

Hammock Parties
05-14-2006, 07:27 PM
WEEK NINE

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 3 tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed, 1 touchdown (70 yards).

Cologone Centurions -

DT Arrion Dixon - 1 tackle, 1 sack

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 6 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 211 yards rushing, 5 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - No Stats

LB Kris Griffin - 1 tackle, 1 sack

WR Nate Curry - 3 catches, 53 yards

milkman
05-14-2006, 07:35 PM
WEEK NINE

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 3 tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed, 1 touchdown (70 yards).

Cologone Centurions -

DT Arrion Dixon - 1 tackle, 1 sack

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 6 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 211 yards rushing, 5 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - No Stats

LB Kris Griffin - 1 tackle, 1 sack

WR Nate Curry - 3 catches, 53 yards

Perkins and Svitek are the only two of this group that have consistently produced.

The rest are just camp fodder, including Griffen.

Bowser
05-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Svitek and Justin Perkins seem to be doing quite nicely for themselves in NFLEL. Diamonds in the rough, perhaps?Yeah, I'm officially on these guys' bandwagon. I look forward to what Herm can do with Perkins.

Kind of sorry that Kilian hasn't done as well as hoped. A mobile, strong armed QB is always nice to have on the roster. I guess that Printers will have to take that role.

Well, Kilian had best enjoy his days as a Chief while he can.

1) Green
2) Printers
3) Croyle

Hammock Parties
05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Kilian is toast.

Wilson8
05-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Will Svitek in week 9 played a pretty decent game. He was matched for most of the game against Darrell Lee, 6’4” 275 lbs from Florida/Philadelphia Eagles. So a little bigger than most of the defensive ends he has been playing opposite of. Will’s Frankfurt Galaxy team rushed for over 200 yards. I was going to write that Svitek shut Lee down except for the sack at the end of the game and a couple of downfield tackles. I looked at the stats for the game and see that Lee had 7 tackles. If Lee actually had 7 tackles, three or four of them had to be when Svitek was blocking others. The sack was given up in the last minute of the game. Frankfurt was down by 5 and had to pass. Svitek got beat to the outside which is the first time I have seen a player be able to run around Will. There were 4 other sacks given up during the game, but those came from the interior of the line.

Justin Perkins had some pretty impressive stats with 2 tackles, 1 special teams tackle, 2 PDs, and 1 interception, which he ran it back for 70 yards for a TD. On the TD, Justin was back peddling, the QB looked to the outside and Justin made the correct read and ran forward to pick off the pass. The only person he had to out run was the QB. The stats were good but Justin Perkins still has a very long way to go before he is an NFL cornerback. I’ve seen him chasing too many receivers where he can not catch up. Also would like to see him be more physical on tackles. He kind of grabs on and drags down.

During the game, Carl Petersen called in and talked about NFL Europe with the announcers. They kept showing Will Svitek on the bench. Frankfurt’s defense was on the field. I thought maybe Carl would say some nice things about Svitek, but he mainly talked about the benefits of letting players get some football experience in Europe. The announcers did say some nice things about Svitek.

Hammock Parties
05-21-2006, 06:52 PM
WEEK TEN

Amsterdam Admirals -

CB Justin Perkins - 3 tackles, 3 passes defensed

Cologone Centurions -

DT Eddie Freeman - 5 tackles, 1 pass defensed, fumble rec.

Rein Fire -

CB Gabriel Helms - 1 tackle

DE Zach Ville - No stats

Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 195 yards rushing, 0 sacks

Hamburg Sea Devils -

QB James Kilian - No stats

LB Kris Griffin - 7 tackles, 1 interception, 2 passes defensed

WR Nate Curry - 2 special teams tackles

Hammock Parties
05-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Next week is the World Bowl.

Amsterdam vs Frankfurt.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2006, 08:16 PM
1) Green
2) Printers
3) Croyle

Croyle has the a leg up on Printers for the simple fact KC spent a 3rd round pick on him

Bowser
05-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Croyle has the a leg up on Printers for the simple fact KC spent a 3rd round pick on him

I'm good with that. As long as the final three doesn't include the name Huard anywhere.

StcChief
05-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Frankfurt Galaxy -

OT Will Svitek - 195 yards rushing, 0 sacks
WTF 195 yards RUSHING.

Reaper16
05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
WTF 195 yards RUSHING.
He & the rest of the Frankfurt O-Line led teh way for 195 rushing yards.

Mr. Kotter
05-21-2006, 09:39 PM
WTF 195 yards RUSHING.

Hell yeah, man. Svitek (at 6'6" and 310 lbs) as LJ's backup....:thumb:

I know who I"m sending in for 3 and goal from the 1 yd line, baby!!! :p

Hammock Parties
05-21-2006, 09:41 PM
You guys are retarded sometimes. ROFL

Mr. Kotter
05-21-2006, 09:47 PM
You guys are retarded sometimes. ROFL

Sometimes? :spock:

Wilson8
05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Will Svitek’s play this week against the Berlin Thunder. He did ok and Will’s team rushed for close to 200 yards. They also held Berlin to no sacks. The player Svitek matched up against for most of the game was DE Christian Mohr, 6’5’, 237 lbs, German National. Christian only had 1 tackle. Will did not have any trouble in pass blocking him. Christian Mohr’s only tackle came when he crossed inside with the DT. Svitek took on the DT and the guard missed on Mohr. Frankfurt did a lot of running where Svitek comes down the line looking for a linebacker to pick off. I did not see much action there. Usually Svitek was chasing the linebacker and not really getting to them. Will needs to work on his open field run blocking.

NFL Europe season for Svitek -

Positives
His pass blocking skills look pretty good. Good footwork and gets into position quickly.
Seems pretty athletic and able to move and run quickly.
He has the size, strength and attitude to become a pretty good offensive lineman. Just needs to add experience, a little technique, and some strength to get better.

Negatives
A lot of times on run blocking he comes out looking for people to block and never finds anyone.
When he is blocking the DE, he sometimes lets up and allows the DE to make the play down field. I would like to see him finish the man off, so he is unable to get to the ball carrier.

Next week Will’s Frankfurt team plays for the European championship against CB Justin Perkin’s Amsterdam team.

RealSNR
05-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Anyone know why Jeremy Parquet isn't playing in Europe?

Wilson8
05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
I never heard or read anything about Jeremy. The Chiefs announced he was going to Europe and that is the last info on him. I could never find any info on the NFL Europe web site. I assumed there were either personal/family reasons or maybe he got nicked when he went down to train for NFL Europe in Florida. Has anyone seen him in training camp and how has he looked?

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 03:39 AM
Svitek has been named all NFLEL.

PETERSON SET TO ATTEND WORLD BOWL XIV, SVITEK NAMED ALL-NFLEL (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/05/26/peterson_set_to_attend_world_bowl_xiv_svitek_named_allnflel/)

May 26, 2006, 4:20:05 AM

Chiefs President Carl Peterson departed for Germany on Thursday in anticipation of World Bowl XIV between the Amsterdam Admirals and Frankfurt Galaxy at LTU Arena in Dusseldorf, Germany on Saturday, May 27th. The Chiefs have a pair of players participating in the NFL Europe League’s championship game, including T Will Svitek (Frankfurt), who was named to the All-NFL Europe League Team. CB Justin Perkins (Amsterdam) will also be representing the Chiefs in the World Bowl.

“We’re once again proud that we will have Chiefs players represented in the World Bowl,” Peterson commented. “We’re extremely pleased that Will Svitek and Justin Perkins have helped their teams reach this game. Everyone in the NFL knows that the Chiefs have long been proponents of utilizing the NFL Europe League to develop young players. The quality of play continues to improve each year, as does the interest in the league and the game of football across Europe, especially in Germany. We are looking forward to another exciting World Bowl contest.”

In addition to attending his 11th World Bowl, Peterson will also be participating in the NFL Europe League Annual Meeting along with NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and numerous other NFL executives. Peterson serves on the NFL Europe League Working Executives Committee which will meet on Friday, May 26th. He is also a member of the NFL Europe League Business Ventures Advisory Board which will meet on Saturday, May 27th prior to the championship contest between Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Svitek earned All-NFLEL honors at left tackle after serving as a key component of a Frankfurt squad that led the league in both total offense and rushing offense. Svitek was also part of a Galaxy blocking unit that paved the way for Frankfurt RB Roger Robinson, who set a league single-season record with 1,087 rushing yards.

A native of the Czech Republic, Svitek is in his second season with the Chiefs after being selected by Kansas City in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft. A product of Stanford University, Svitek has benefited greatly from his playing experience in Europe, starting nine contests at left tackle for Frankfurt. He worked primarily as a defensive end during his collegiate career and was a member of the Chiefs 53-man roster for all 16 games a year ago as a reserve offensive tackle.

Perkins has started 10 games at cornerback for Amsterdam, registering 39 tackles (37 solo), two INTs with one TD, 10 passes defensed and a forced fumble. He also returned a blocked FG for a 72-yard TD vs. Cologne (3/26) when he was named NFLEL Special Teams Player of the Week. He originally joined the Chiefs as a rookie free agent in 2005 out of Connecticut and rejoined Kansas City this season.

The Chiefs have utilized NFL Europe as a tool for developing young players for a number of years. Last season, LB Rich Scanlon was named the NFLEL Defensive Most Valuable Player of the Year and earned first-team all-league honors for the Berlin Thunder. After guiding the Thunder to a berth in the World Bowl, Scanlon went on to earn a spot on the Chiefs 53-man roster and led the Chiefs with 29 special teams tackles a year ago.

The NFLEL has served as a springboard to NFL success for a number of other Chiefs players over the years, including Pro Bowlers WR Dante Hall (Scotland, 2001), LB Gary Stills (Frankfurt, 2001) and G Brian Waters (Berlin, 2000), as well as other starters such as LB Mike Maslowski (Barcelona, 1999). In addition, three former Chiefs players – C Tim Grunhard, RB J.J. Smith and Maslowski served as assistant coaches in NFL Europe this spring.