PDA

View Full Version : How's this for our base offensive formation?

Mr. Laz
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2954/j5qh.jpg

Hoover
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Great, if Parker was in the slot

rad
03-14-2006, 02:05 PM
I'd rather see Moulds than Owens in there.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Great, if Parker was in the slot

nope ... keep parkers speed on the outside.

use Owen's size over the middle and we can send him in motion.

Owens against linebackers and safeties in a zone is money

Owens forces a nickle or dime formation ....... larry johnson runs wild.

no nickle or dime formation and gonzo and Owens just shred the middle of the field.

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 02:06 PM
We'd be the best offense in NFL history.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:07 PM

Then I'm glad you're not the offensive coordinator.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:08 PM
nope ... keep parkers speed on the outside.

use Owen's size over the middle and we can send him in motion.

Owens against linebackers and safeties in a zone is money

Owens forces a nickle or dime formation ....... larry johnson runs wild.

no nickle or dime formation and gonzo and Owens just shred the middle of the field.

This really, really needs to happen.

I hope at 4 o'clock, Carl is on the phone with Drew ready to bring T.O. in for a visit.

vckcchiefs04
03-14-2006, 02:10 PM
This really, really needs to happen.

I hope at 4 o'clock, Carl is on the phone with Drew ready to bring T.O. in for a visit.

I hope not.......3 P.M. Central!! :p

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I hope not.......3 P.M. Central!! :p

I'm on the east coast.

jidar
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm not big on bringing over TO, but I gotta admit that looks damned sexy.

vckcchiefs04
03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm on the east coast.

I figured man..... just messin with you. We have it straight.....let's just hope Carl does as well. :rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
I'm not big on bringing over TO, but I gotta admit that looks damned sexy.

owens is a big physical blocker too ... he's almost an extra tightend for larry johnson to run outside behind.

sedated
You omitted the names of the member of the best O-line in the NFL

Hammock Parties
03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
T-44 minutes to T.O. blastoff

Mr. Laz
03-14-2006, 02:16 PM
You omitted the names of the member of the best O-line in the NFL
:rolleyes:

try shoving all those names in that little space ... besides all those names are staying the same... it's the little guys that might be changing around.

Saulbadguy
03-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Unstoppable.

JBucc
03-14-2006, 02:19 PM
40pts/game

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-14-2006, 02:22 PM
You left out Kris Wilson!

tyton75
03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
T.O. shouldn't be in the slot.. and he is just as fast as Parker.. put him out wide so he can be 1on1 with a CB who is shorter than him.. and then you can also motion him for blocking or routes across the formation

philfree
03-14-2006, 02:29 PM
After witnessing the T.O. show in San Fran and Philly I can't believe anyone would want T.O. to come to K.C.. We've had the most productive offenses in the league for the last 4 years with any head cases and I can't believe that adding a head case would do anything but drag it down.

Please keep that POS away from my Chiefs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Fire Me Boy!
03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
If we're bringing TO in, and I'm not really FOR it, nor am I adamantly AGAINST it, but IF we bring him in... I'd rather lock up a contract and trade the second-day draft pick for him BEFORE 3 p.m. Central so we don't have to get into a bidding war and this thing drags out until January.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
After witnessing the T.O. show in San Fran and Philly I can't believe anyone would want T.O. to come to K.C.. We've had the most productive offenses in the league for the last 4 years with any head cases and I can't believe that adding a head case would do anything but drag it down.

Drag what down?

This team has made the playoffs once in 7 years.

T.O. really didn't drag down the Philly offense did he?

Yeah, he can mess with chemistry. Big deal. I'm sick of losing.

Why would anyone NOT want T.O. on a one-year incentive laden deal?

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:34 PM
T.O. shouldn't be in the slot.. and he is just as fast as Parker.. put him out wide so he can be 1on1 with a CB who is shorter than him.. and then you can also motion him for blocking or routes across the formation

T.O. did his best work in the slot for the Eagles and 49ers.

rad
03-14-2006, 02:36 PM

Amen. Thats what I'm talkin 'bout.

alpha_omega
03-14-2006, 02:36 PM
owens is a big physical blocker too ... he's almost an extra tightend for larry johnson to run outside behind.

Assuming that he would be willing to block.

keg in kc
03-14-2006, 02:37 PM
I didn't realize until last night that owens is going to be 33. I've always thought of him as younger, in his 20s. If he came, I wonder where we would be on the list of "all time oldest NFL offenses". Not that I think it's as big an issue now, when guys are starting to play effectively into their late 30s.

tk13
03-14-2006, 02:38 PM
We'd be the best offense in NFL history.
On paper.

Rooster
03-14-2006, 02:38 PM
You left out Kris Wilson!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

rad
03-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Drag what down?

This team has suffered because of defense.
We dont score enough points for you?
Chemistry for an offense that is pretty profilic IS a big deal.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I didn't realize until last night that owens is going to be 33. I've always thought of him as younger, in his 20s. If he came, I wonder where we would be on the list of "all time oldest NFL offenses". Not that I think it's as big an issue now, when guys are starting to play effectively into their late 30s.

Plus, I don't know of any athlete in the league who is built like him.

I think he could play easily at a high level for another 4-5 years.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:41 PM
This team has suffered because of defense.
We dont score enough points for you?
Chemistry for an offense that is pretty profilic IS a big deal.

You can rely on your stats. Not once in the last two years was I confident in our wide receivers to make a game-changing play. It's ALWAYS been the running game.

T.O. changes that.

But this team suffered last year because of the offense too.

How bout the Bills game. The Giants game, the passing offense was garbage.

Staying status quo is eventually going to catch up.

This offense has plenty of veteran leadership that I don't think would be altered with T.O.

rad
03-14-2006, 02:46 PM
You can rely on your stats. Not once in the last two years was I confident in our wide receivers to make a game-changing play. It's ALWAYS been the running game.

T.O. changes that.

But this team suffered last year because of the offense too.

How bout the Bills game. The Giants game, the passing offense was garbage.

Staying status quo is eventually going to catch up.

This offense has plenty of veteran leadership that I don't think would be altered with T.O.
I agree with you on our WR's but I dont agree TO is an answer.
Might as well change the name to the T.O. Chiefs.

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I agree with you on our WR's but I dont agree TO is an answer.
Might as well change the name to the T.O. Chiefs.

As long as we win, I could care less.

He's only going to get a one-year incentive laden deal. He screws up, he screws himself and he's gone.

Where's the risk?

tk13
03-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I think he'll get more than a one year incentive based deal.

KC Dan
03-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Where's the risk?Last Year Philly stats show the risk:

Philadelphia (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI) - 6 - 10 - 0 .3753103884-42-63-13-90-6Lost 2

The Bad Guy
03-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Last Year Philly stats show the risk:

Philadelphia (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI) - 6 - 10 - 0 .3753103884-42-63-13-90-6Lost 2

So McNabb getting hurt had nothing to do with that?

They were 1-5 without him.

rad
03-14-2006, 02:52 PM
As long as we win, I could care less.

He's only going to get a one-year incentive laden deal. He screws up, he screws himself and he's gone.

Where's the risk?

The reports I read say he wont sign a 1 yr deal. He want a multi-yr contract. Thats why I think he'll sign with Dallas.

KC Dan
03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
So McNabb getting hurt had nothing to do with that?
They were 1-5 without him.
I agree that their record was influenced by other things (McNabb) however, We have shown that we can score 30pts/game. We have also shown that we give up ~30pts/game. I would rather spend money stopping points from being scored against us than for us currently. We can score with this offense without TO.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Last Year Philly stats show the risk:

umm, philly had a bunch of injuries on D and mcnabb was hurt i think that was a big reason they were 6-10

Pasta Little Brioni
03-14-2006, 02:56 PM
I agree that their record was influenced by other things (McNabb) however, We have shown that we can score 30pts/game. We have also shown that we give up ~30pts/game. I would rather spend money stopping points from being scored against us than for us currently. We can score with this offense without TO.

good point i agree, we definately need help on the D more than we need TO.

keg in kc
03-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd rather take a gamebreaker on offense than 2 or 3 more roleplayers on defense. Because there's no defensive equivalent to TO on the market, only more Eric Hicks' and Kendrell Bell's. Improvement on defense is going to have to come from within, from the draft, and from whatever 1 corner and/or DT we sign.

Just my opinion, of course.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Assuming that he would be willing to block.

he's blocked everywhere else he's been ... the problem with him is not on the field, it's off the field.

on the field he's one of the best all-around wide receivers in the game.

dr00d
03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
I don't know if I could stomach the amount of people with Owens Chiefs Jerseys sure to follow.

buddha
03-14-2006, 05:23 PM

Yeah, there are many people who consider Eric to be one of the two top WRs in the game right now!??

Moulds isn't in the same area code on the field as T.O.

philfree
03-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Drag what down?

Drag down our offense by being a jerk and causing a bunch of BS. T.O. drug down the whole Philly franchise IMO. Bad mouthing his QB? Besides that T.O. didn't do for Philly what he was brought there to do. He didn't get them to the SuperBowl. The one game that Philly couldn't win was the NFC Championship. When they did finaly win it T.O. wasn't on the field. T.O. won't help the Chiefs get what they want either because he don't play D. WE don't Need T.O. to make our offense go and bringing him to KC will do nothing but cause trouble for the Chiefs in the end.

JUST SAY NO TO T.O.!

HemiEd
03-14-2006, 05:40 PM
The reports I read say he wont sign a 1 yr deal. He want a multi-yr contract. Thats why I think he'll sign with Dallas.

I think Jerry Jones is probably warming up the tumblers on his vault right now, they released K. Johnson today, one of Bill Parcells pets.