PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the Broderick Bunkley hype?

B_Ambuehl
03-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Football is not a bodybuilding contest. That guy is an undersized short armed defensive tackle who didn't do shit at the Sr. Bowl who suddenly got on everyone's radar becuase he's 300 lbs with about 8% bodyfat and ran a good 40.

If you're looking for a quick 3 technique (Which IMO the chiefs really shouldn't be doing anyway since what they really need is a nose tackle and end), John McCargo moves better and will be there in the 2nd or perhaps even the 3rd round.

Rain Man
03-15-2006, 11:54 AM
McCargo is also a great name for a lineman.

HolmeZz
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
He was on everyone's radar before the senior bowl. And you need to do some research if you think 6'3", 300 lbs. is undersized. He's strong and he causes havoc in the backfield.

Chiefnj
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I believe you are wrong. He got hype at the Senior Bowl when he weighed in at 300lbs and had a good week of practice. In college he was known as an aggressive 100% type player. The biggest knock on him coming out was that everyone thought he was 280lbs or less.

burt
03-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Football is not a bodybuilding contest. That guy is an undersized short armed defensive tackle who didn't do shit at the Sr. Bowl who suddenly got on everyone's radar becuase he's 300 lbs with about 8% bodyfat and ran a good 40.

If you're looking for a quick 3 technique (Which IMO the chiefs really shouldn't be doing anyway since what they really need is a nose tackle and end), John McCargo moves better and will be there in the 2nd or perhaps even the 3rd round.

I thought he was great in "Ferris Beuller"........

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I believe you are wrong. He got hype at the Senior Bowl when he weighed in at 300lbs and had a good week of practice. In college he was known as an aggressive 100% type player. The biggest knock on him coming out was that everyone thought he was 280lbs or less.

Yep. He was a pretty disruptive player in college at 280 lbs. but was generally considered a 2nd rounder until he weighed in at the Senior Bowl.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2006, 12:38 PM
Yep. He was a pretty disruptive player in college at 280 lbs. but was generally considered a 2nd rounder until he weighed in at the Senior Bowl.

I'm hoping if KC gets Bernard and IF Hali is gone. KC still picks up Bunkley, and scraps Sims. Another point Sims is in a contract year.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping if KC gets Bernard and IF Hali is gone. KC still picks up Bunkley, and scraps Sims. Another point Sims is in a contract year.

Yup. And like Herm said, you can never have too many guys at that position. What a smart guy! I'm really starting to like this guy Herman Edwards.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 12:40 PM

I could see us doing that.

Of course, maybe Sims will finally put in a real season if he thinks it's gonna get him paid.

I really hope we address our glaring need at S in the 1st two rounds somewhere...

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Yep. He was a pretty disruptive player in college at 280 lbs. but was generally considered a 2nd rounder until he weighed in at the Senior Bowl.i hoping he still is a 2nd rounder.... our 2nd rounder!!

keep the dream alive!!! :clap:

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 2. brodrick bunkley or Gabe Watson
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 4. Herman Edwards
Rd 5. Brodie croyle

milkman
03-15-2006, 01:43 PM
i hoping he still is a 2nd rounder.... our 2nd rounder!!

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 4. Herman Edwards
Rd 5. Brodie croyle

Bunkley a 2nd rounder and Croyle a 5th rounder.

You ARE a dreamer.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM

You ARE a dreamer.

sooooo ... it makes me happy! :harumph:

RedThat
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM
i hoping he still is a 2nd rounder.... our 2nd rounder!!

Rd 1. tamba Hali
Rd 3. Kelly Jennings
Rd 4. Herman Edwards
Rd 5. Brodie croyle

Now that is a dream draft Laz! Stick to it man.....that's a good draft
:drool:

If that happens, all the power to you man....Beers would be on me :toast:

milkman
03-15-2006, 01:48 PM
sooooo ... it makes me happy! :harumph:

I was just pointing out the obvious.

SideWinder
Master of the Obvious

CoMoChief
03-15-2006, 01:48 PM

You ARE a dreamer.

Bunkley is a 2nd rounder IMO. Croyle however will NOT be there in the 5th round. Not a chance in hell.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I do think Bunkley can be a 2nd rounder. I can see that. But, I don't think he last to the middle of the 2nd round, which is before we pick.

But you never know, this is the NFL, strange things happen....Bunkley could be there when we pick in the 2nd? you never know? :shrug:

*Keep that dream going Laz :thumb:
It's possible, it could happen....I have faith. 1st. Hali
2nd. Bunkley...I could see it

CoMoChief
03-15-2006, 01:54 PM
We need to sign Allen and Benard. That changes our whole teams aspect of the draft. What was his 40 time anyways? and where do you find information like that. I dont have ESPN insider or anything so I dunno I just read what I read from here.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Bunkley is a 2nd rounder IMO. Croyle however will NOT be there in the 5th round. Not a chance in hell.

i don't know ..

average to weak arm ... not athletic ... slow ... body that looked like endelt's at the combine.

doesn't overwhelm anyone in throwing drills

seems like just the kind of guy that teams would overlook until day 2 to me.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
i don't know ..

average to weak arm ... not athletic ... slow ... body that looked like endelt's at the combine.

Having watched Croyle play a few times, he's more NFL-ready than any other QB in the draft save Leinart. He may not have the upside of guys like Cutler or Young, but he could start Day 1.

Brodie Croyle = Drew Brees

Munson
03-15-2006, 02:50 PM

So you're basing your opinion of Bunkley on what he did in the Senior Bowl? Maybe you should put more stock into what he did his senior year. He had 66 tackles, 25 of which were for a loss, and 9 sacks. I believe his 25 tackles for loss led the nation. He is a guy that can get some serious penetration up the middle, which is exactly what KC needs. He's been on many people's draft radar long before the Senior Bowl.

I'm a little leary of John McCargo. Do you really think he's that talented, or did he benefit greatly from having two great defensive ends in Mario Williams (a top 5 pick) and Manny Lawson(possible first rounder). And you say Bunkley is undersized. He is is 6'3" and 300 lbs, while McCargo is smaller at 6'2" and 295 lbs.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Bunkley is a 2nd rounder IMO.

:bong:

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2006, 03:27 PM
We need to sign Allen and Benard. That changes our whole teams aspect of the draft. What was his 40 time anyways? and where do you find information like that. I dont have ESPN insider or anything so I dunno I just read what I read from here.

Not really, if the BAA is DT,DE,CB take him, but at this time it'll either be Bunkley or Hali

BigChiefFan
03-15-2006, 03:27 PM
I would definitely say Bunkley is a first rounder. If he does slip intio the 2nd round, I'll be very surprised.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Having watched Croyle play a few times, he's more NFL-ready than any other QB in the draft save Leinart. He may not have the upside of guys like Cutler or Young, but he could start Day 1.

Brodie Croyle = Drew Brees

didn't say he was a bad QB ... just that he does stat up well in test situation.

didn't you insist for years that brees sucks?

i seem to recall you calling me an idiot for liking Brees too. :shrug:

so you don't want croyle either.........

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 04:07 PM
didn't say he was a bad QB ... just that he does stat up well in test situation.

didn't you insist for years that brees sucks?

i seem to recall you calling me an idiot for liking Brees too. :shrug:

so you don't want croyle either.........

Brees still sucks. He had one good year while on a 3-foot leash. We'll see how good he does in the NFL's worst city.

I wouldn't mind Croyle, he just doesn't have as much upside as some others in this draft. My comparison between him and Brees was that they were both the most NFL-ready QB's in their draft class. The comparison stops there, because Brees was a Joe Tiller QB. His college numbers were handed to him on a silver platter, just like Billy Dicken, AFL star.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Croyle is alot like Trent. Brodie reads defenses well, has decent arm strength, and doesn't make mistakes forcing the ball into double coverage

HolmeZz
03-15-2006, 04:24 PM
i don't know ..

Brodie Croyle does NOT have a weak arm. He has the 2nd strongest arm in the draft after Cutler. He is built like a toothpick though. That's a knock on him. He's accurate too.

I think you're thinking of something else.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Brodie Croyle does NOT have a weak arm. He has the 2nd strongest arm in the draft after Cutler. He is built like a toothpick though. That's a knock on him. He's accurate too.

I think you're thinking of something else.
no ... i know who he is

once again ... remember that i'm talking about the WAY HE TESTS ... not the way he plays.

i would like us to draft Croyle in the mid rounds

i just think that he looks and test poorly so he might have a chance to fall down to a round where we can grab him.

jspchief
03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm a little leary of John McCargo. Do you really think he's that talented, or did he benefit greatly from having two great defensive ends in Mario Williams (a top 5 pick) and Manny Lawson(possible first rounder). And you say Bunkley is undersized. He is is 6'3" and 300 lbs, while McCargo is smaller at 6'2" and 295 lbs.I have the same concern with McCargo. It's hard to tell how much of his success was due to the talent around him (ala Sims and Peppers).

I like Bunkley, and it's not due to the combine (although his combine didn't hurt). My only negative for him was his size, and he's added weight without getting fat doing it. I like that.

B_Ambuehl
03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
So you're basing your opinion of Bunkley on what he did in the Senior Bowl? Maybe you should put more stock into what he did his senior year. He had 66 tackles, 25 of which were for a loss, and 9 sacks. I believe his 25 tackles for loss led the nation. He is a guy that can get some serious penetration up the middle, which is exactly what KC needs. He's been on many people's draft radar long before the Senior Bowl.

I'm a little leary of John McCargo. Do you really think he's that talented, or did he benefit greatly from having two great defensive ends in Mario Williams (a top 5 pick) and Manny Lawson(possible first rounder). And you say Bunkley is undersized. He is is 6'3" and 300 lbs, while McCargo is smaller at 6'2" and 295 lbs

Well the Sr. Bowl is the one time all year when guys go against other highly touted NFL prospects directly in one on one drills. Regular season stats can often be a bit deceiving. I recorded the long versions of all the Sr. bowl practices and watched them all with a focus on DTs, DEs and a few others. Bunkley seems to play short..... has a tendency to get swallowed up IMO and has very short arms. I'm saying that McCargo is basically the same type of DT, a very quick guy, who it wouldnt' surprise me to see be just as good as Bunkley but someone that could be picked up in perhaps the 3rd round.

Tribal Warfare
03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Well the Sr. Bowl is the one time all year when guys go against other highly touted NFL prospects directly in one on one drills. Regular season stats can often be a bit deceiving. I recorded the long versions of all the Sr. bowl practices and watched them all with a focus on DTs, DEs and a few others. Bunkley seems to play short..... has a tendency to get swallowed up IMO and has very short arms. I'm saying that McCargo is basically the same type of DT, a very quick guy, who it wouldnt' surprise me to see be just as good as Bunkley but someone that could be picked up in perhaps the 3rd round.

Bunkley is a beast and is cut as hell.Bunkley's a high motor guy that won't quite kind of like John Randle. He consistently gives 110% which is a great change of pace compare to Sims' work ethic.