PDA

View Full Version : Some Rocky and Will News

dtrain
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Chiefs | Team might make offer to W. Allen
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:50:04 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs might make a contract offer to free agent CB Will Allen (Giants) soon. Allen visited with the team Tuesday, March 14.

Chiefs | Team might make offer to Bernard
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:44:57 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs might make a contract offer to free agent DL Rocky Bernard (Seahawks) soon. Bernard visited with the team Tuesday, March 14.

Chiefs | Team would like to re-sign Huard
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:39:40 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs would like to re-sign free agent QB Damon Huard (Chiefs) now that former Chiefs QB Todd Collins signed with the Washington Redskins. Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards said, "We've got to get Huard to sign. We'll probably have to bring another guy in because you don't have enough arms right now." Edwards said he was comfortable with Huard as the No. 2 quarterback, despite the fact he has not played in a game during his two seasons with the Chiefs and has thrown only one regular-season pass since 2000.

I don't really want to see Huard back but he does know the offense.

nychief
03-15-2006, 12:03 PM
I would let the market play out, but I would perfer Ferotte.

BigChiefFan
03-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Huard looked AWFUL last year in the preseason. That's one player, I hope we pass on.

KC Dan
03-15-2006, 12:04 PM
WHAT??? you're kidding right?

nychief
03-15-2006, 12:07 PM
WHAT??? you're kidding right?

what proven backup would you chose? McCown is not coming here to sit. Patrick Ramsey costs a pick. Griese is going back to Tampa aparently. Who?

milkman
I'd rather see the Chiefs bring back Quinn than Huard, and let Printers, Killian and a draft pick battle for the third spot.

As for Bernard and Allen, what is with the Chiefs "might make an offer soon"?

WTF is that?

I don't really care about Allen, but Damnit Carl, let's get Bernard!

BigMeatballDave
WHAT??? you're kidding right?They both suck, but Ferotte is WAY better.

milkman
03-15-2006, 12:08 PM
what proven backup would you chose? McCown is not coming here to sit. Patrick Ramsey costs a pick. Griese is going back to Tampa aparently. Who?

How about a 5th or 6th round pick for Harrington?

NewChief
03-15-2006, 12:08 PM

That would be interesting. Trent started out in Washington as his backup before taking the starting job.

htismaqe
03-15-2006, 12:10 PM
I hope we get Bernard and Allen.

And Keyshawn. :D

Kclee
03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I hope we get Bernard and Allen.

And Keyshawn. :D

Me too.

RedThat
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
I'd rather see the Chiefs bring back Quinn than Huard, and let Printers, Killian and a draft pick battle for the third spot.

As for Bernard and Allen, what is with the Chiefs "might make an offer soon"?

WTF is that?

I don't really care about Allen, but Damnit Carl, let's get Bernard!

Yep. I'm with you. What is it with this "Might make an offer soon?"

No. You do it now Carl, Lamar. You make an offer. Say you "will make an offer!"

morphius
03-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Don't give Huard a DIME. You would have better luck with a rookie in there, because that bastard sucks. I mean seriously, what good is a horrible vet backup, they are not going to give them team any kind of excitement when he gets on the field, he isn't mobile, and he isn't all that acurate. I mean really, why? WHY!?!?

HemiEd
03-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Don't give Huard a DIME. You would have better luck with a rookie in there, because that bastard sucks. I mean seriously, what good is a horrible vet backup, they are not going to give them team any kind of excitement when he gets on the field, he isn't mobile, and he isn't all that acurate. I mean really, why? WHY!?!?

Well said, my thoughts are similar. He sucks.

dtrain
03-15-2006, 12:46 PM

I think we could have a chance to get McCown because there are no starting jobs open. Well maybe the Jets but they are gonna draft a QB with their pick. He could sit for 2 years then battle for the starting job.

Cormac
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM

Purely as a camp arm. Somebody who knows the offense has to throw 200 routes a day to get the WRs in sync. That also allows Trent to rest his arm for the season. Huard has some value behind the scenes. As for on the field....I couldn't agree more.

milkman
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
I think we could have a chance to get McCown because there are no starting jobs open. Well maybe the Jets but they are gonna draft a QB with their pick. He could sit for 2 years then battle for the starting job.

Raiders are looking at McCown.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2006, 01:33 PM
Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards said, "We've got to get Huard to sign.

what film has he been watching?

CoMoChief
03-15-2006, 01:45 PM

He would cost more and we definately need to dump money somewhere else rather than a backup QB position. Our Oline has provided a blanket of protection for Green over the past 5 seasons and we still need to bank on that again this season because lets face it, we would not make the playoffs if Green went down. Not to mention if Green gets a little banged up, he can always turn around and hand it off to LJ. Who gives a shit if teams put 8-9 guys in the box when your Oline allows your back to avg 5 yards a carry.