PDA

View Full Version : How badly do you want Phillip Rivers to implode this year?

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Seriously ... what the hell were the Dolts thinking!!

oh yea, i want to put the future of the franchise into the ability of Marty Shottenheimer to develop a quarterback.

the MAIN good thing about when the chargers hired Marty was the fact that they had a QB and RB already in place.

Now they jettison a successful Quarterback for a young QB with Marty "the QB destroyer" shottenheimer at the helm.

genious

Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm glad the West appears to be either ours or Denvers, that's for sure.

nychief
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Let Marty work his magic.

Eleazar
03-16-2006, 05:32 PM
I would think Brees would thrive if had gone someplace else. But... the Ain'ts?

Hammock Parties
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
http://cjonline.com/images/120897/spo_chiefsmain.jpghttp://slam.canoe.ca/97NFLPlayoffsGalleryImages/jan4_4.jpghttp://images.sportsnetwork.com/football/nfl/allsport/chiefs/grbac_elvis8.jpg

Hammock Parties
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm thankful that both Oakland and San Diego are going to be bottom feeders next year, mediocre at best.

2-horse race for the division.

Hootie
03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm thankful that both Oakland and San Diego are going to be bottom feeders next year, mediocre at best.

2-horse race for the division.
thanks for re-phrasing my post.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
thanks for re-phrasing my post.

No problem.

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't want him to do well against KC. Other that I have no reason to not like him.

I heard he f*cked your sister.

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:44 PM
rivers turns out to be stud for the next 10 years and helps the chargers win every game but against kansas city ........ you're good?

Rain Man
03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
rivers turns out to be stud for the next 10 years and helps the chargers win every game but against kansas city ........ you're good?

Does he lose every AFC championship game to the Chiefs?

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Ya, that will happen.

I still have no reason to dislike Rivers. I guess I will just let that be your department. Have fun.

nychief
03-16-2006, 05:50 PM
I still have no reason to dislike Rivers.

does he not play for the Chargers?

Mr. Laz
03-16-2006, 05:52 PM
does he not play for the Chargers?
zach is too mature to have such an attitude.

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
zach is too mature to have such an attitude.
I am just not into disliking players unless they givce me a reason too. Sorry to dissapoint you. ROFL

Manila-Chief
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
One side of me wants him to become great and show up Eli but the other side realizes he will be playing for a team we will face twice each year and may knock us out of the playoffs ... thus, wanting him to suck. Nothing against the kid ... just hoping SD doesn't improve with him.

htismaqe
03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
According to reports out of San Diego, Marty wanted to keep Brees. There was a power struggle of sorts and Marty lost.

I'm guessing AJ Smith plans on having someone OTHER than Marty tutor Rivers after this season.

That being said, I can't wait to watch him melt down...

Halfcan
03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Rivers will look like Leaf when he comes to Arrowhead.

Pants
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM

Generally speaking, you don't want your rivals to succeed. Maybe it's just me though.

Blackened
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Let Marty work his magic.

He's a lame duck coach any ways..Leave it to the the Dolts to finally gain a small amount of respect, then Fukc it up...

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Generally speaking, you don't want your rivals to succeed. Maybe it's just me though.
Sure, I am still trying to find a reason to dislike him and I am failing.

Pants
03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Sure, I am still trying to find a reason to dislike him and I am failing.

I don't think anyone was hating on him. Laz said that SD might have made a mistake by letting go a sure fire QB and place their hopes on a young one with Marty as a HC.

I, like Laz, don't want to see SD succeed. That means I, like Laz, don't want Rivers to succeed.

Bearcat
03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
I haven't liked him since he hushed the KU crowd multiple times at the Tangerine Bowl..... there's just something about bragging you're beating Kansas at football that's annoying.

That, and I really like the LT/Brees thing they did when it happened...

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't think anyone was hating on him. Laz said that SD might have made a mistake by letting go a sure fire QB and place their hopes on a young one with Marty as a HC.

I, like Laz, don't want to see SD succeed. That means I, like Laz, don't want Rivers to succeed.
Alrighty...I am not sure what more you guys want from me. I don't dislike the guy. Maybe he will give me a reason to someday.

Cormac
03-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I've no bad feelings towards Rivers, except that he held out of TC as a rookie, trying to get paid as the 1st overall pick in that Eli draft! That cost him 2 years as starter, so he only screwed himself up. It's Eli that I can't stand (or his brother). So, in a way, I hope Rivers has a better career just to show up all the Mannings.

But that's all secondary to the Chiefs beating the Chargers twice a year for his entire career.

|Zach|
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I've no bad feelings towards Rivers, except that he held out of TC as a rookie, trying to get paid as the 1st overall pick in that Eli draft! That cost him 2 years as starter, so he only screwed himself up. It's Eli that I can't stand (or his brother). So, in a way, I hope Rivers has a better career just to show up all the Mannings.

But that's all secondary to the Chiefs beating the Chargers twice a year for his entire career.
Be ready for an endless line of questions from Laz and Metro.

dr00d
03-16-2006, 10:11 PM
why wouldn't you want rivers to implode..

see: ryan leaf.

morphius
03-16-2006, 10:25 PM
It will be his first year actually starting, if they win more then 4 games it would be considered a good season, how many early first round QB's have played well their first year. It's the next year that you can start to judge him.

el borracho
03-16-2006, 10:32 PM
It will be his first year actually starting, if they win more then 4 games it would be considered a good season, how many early first round QB's have played well their first year. It's the next year that you can start to judge him.
Not sure how many have done it but the most recent example is Roethlisberger. In his favor Rivers will have a dominating TE to throw to, a top running back and a pretty good defense. Additionally, this is not exactly his first year- he has been in the system for two years now and has some playing time. It would be nice but I will be shocked if the Chargers win only 4 games this year.

milkman
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.

boltpower 21
03-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Marty's inability to develop a QB is the direct result of the idiots he had in charge of the offense in KC over the years.

Hackett and Raye were jokes.

He has a pretty good OC in Cam Cameron, who I believe can develop a QB.

I just question whether Rivers can be developed.

His mechanics are terrible, and his release is so slow, it's like watching molasses drip.

They've got to fix that, or he is going to be a mediocre at best.

I saw no indication that was improved in the preseason last year.

I agree with the Marty comment. Cameron is one of the hottest o-coordinator at the moment and he's shown he can make Brees, who isn't your typical quarterback look pretty good.

One other plus for Rivers is the new QB coach, John Ramsdell, who came from the Rams. He's worked his magic with Warner and Bulger.

I also agree with the horrible looking mechanics Rivers displayed last year in the Denver game and in preseason. However, his release is still lightning quick but Ramsdell needs to work with him on getting some of his mechanics worked out.

morphius
03-16-2006, 11:46 PM
Not sure how many have done it but the most recent example is Roethlisberger. In his favor Rivers will have a dominating TE to throw to, a top running back and a pretty good defense. Additionally, this is not exactly his first year- he has been in the system for two years now and has some playing time. It would be nice but I will be shocked if the Chargers win only 4 games this year.
Of course if you looked at Roth in his first year he wasn't exactly lighting anyone up either. He was very limited in what he was allowed to do during the games to eliminate any mistakes. I mean it was more Martyball then we ever had to deal with.

Pants
03-17-2006, 01:14 AM
Be ready for an endless line of questions from Laz and Metro.

Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.

CHENZ A!
03-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Rivers will look like Leaf when he comes to Arrowhead.

You are exactly right... I hope you yell loud, 'cause I do.

Pants
03-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Are you really this dense? I mean, WTF, man... give me ONE quote where someone said they hated/disliked Rivers. Please.

All anyone ever said was something to the extent of not wanting him to succeed. I already told you the reason behind that logic.

If Rivers goes to play for Jacksonville, I wish him all the best and don't really give a shit how he does.

Eleazar
03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
I suppose that I want every player on the other 3 teams in our division to implode. I don't have anything against Rivers though.

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 04:07 PM

All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...

Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.

Pants
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
All of this started because I wrote this...take it for what its worth...

Why the above quote was worth all this back and forth is beyond me.

You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.

|Zach|
03-17-2006, 04:19 PM
You accused me alongside other people of hating Rivers for some reason.
You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?

Pants
03-17-2006, 04:31 PM
You guys went on and on based on that comment. There has to be a reason for it...maybe you don't hate Rivers maybe you guys just have a hard on for me? No idea at all.

What about this was a big deal would you say?

Nothing, except that if SD wins against every team against KC, they'll finish with a 14-2 record.

What I didn't particulary like is you accusing me of disliking Rivers, which I don't. I don't give a shit about him, I just don't want him to do well if he's playing for SD. I don't see how it's so hard for you to understand that.

Logical
03-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Other than because I now live in San Diego home of the bandwagon fan kingdom. I have nothing against Rivers. But since I am here I hope he tanks as badly as Ryan Leaf did.

Otter
03-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Yep, you would think they would have kept Brees and auctioned off Rivers

The only thing that could be worse for a QB than being drafted by Marty would be being drafted by the Chiefs. And why didn't Brees get that big ass mole removed now that he has all kinds of money?