PDA

View Full Version : DOCTOR WHO on Sci-Fi Channel tonight at 8pm!!!

Barrymore50
03-17-2006, 04:56 AM
DOCTOR WHO is a smash hit British TV show that will start airing in the US on the Sci-Fi Channel at 9pm EST on Friday March 17th! In the UK, the show gets a huge audience, from families to teens to grandparents. For the 13 new episodes, Christopher Eccleston ("Elizabeth", "Gone in 60 Seconds") fantastically portrays the Doctor. The Doctor is an adventurer who travels through time and space (in a time machine disguised as an old British phone booth) to right wrongs, fight bad guys, and just have fun. He's accompanied in his travels by teen shopgirl Rose Tyler (breakout star-and-hottie Billie Piper). Rose is cute and smart and is The Doctor's....uhm, good friend. Because of the sudden huge success, the show is already renewed for at least 2 more seasons in the UK--which hopefully will also be shown soon in the good ol' USA! Tell your friends and family to watch DOCTOR WHO tonight--I think they'll be pleasantly surprised how good this show is! www.scifi.com

Braincase
03-17-2006, 06:36 AM
The geek hierarchy on ChiefsPlanet is as follows:

1. Anything of or relating to photographs of JennyGump
2. Star Trek Fans
3. Anderson fans: UFO/Space 1999/Thunderbirds
4. BattleStar Galactica fans
5. Dungeons & Dragons fans (game, not movies)
6. Guys who are still hung up on Cindy Margolis
7. Star Wars Fans
8. Japanese Anime with violence and cartoonudity.
9. Graphic Novels (the novels, not the movies)
10. MMPORPG

Sorry, scooter.... Dr. Who won't even make the Top 10, but we'll give it a chance. After all, Battlestar Galactica moved up the food chain real fast.

Sincerely,

BrainCase
Unofficial Guardian of the JennyGump Photo Archive

keg in kc
03-17-2006, 06:56 AM
It's total cheese, with cg so bad it makes baby jesus cry. But there's no other genre TV to watch until the stargates come back during the summer. Hence it's on my dvr list.

jspchief
03-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Sorry, can't do bad british humor.

plbrdude
03-17-2006, 07:45 AM
wow, i watched dr who in the 70's on public television. i liked it then, but i always figured that it was enjoyable due to the large amounts of cannibas i was inhaling at the time. might have to check it out. too bad they don't rerun "the young ones" somewhere. that was classic "bad" british comedy.

Braincase
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
wow, i watched dr who in the 70's on public television. i liked it then, but i always figured that it was enjoyable due to the large amounts of cannibas i was inhaling at the time. might have to check it out. too bad they don't rerun "the young ones" somewhere. that was classic "bad" british comedy.

Let's play "Murder in the Dark!"

http://www.msdivine.net/theyoungones/vy.jpg

stumppy
03-17-2006, 08:39 AM

Thats pretty much what I was going to type. In the late 70's early 80's I was working for a company based in Chicago Hgts and watched Dr. Who on the PBS channel while trying to kill as many brain cells as possible with cannibas and another thing I believe we called blonde lebanese.:D
At the time it was my favorite show. I doubt the new one will be able to live up to my memories of the old one but i'm looking foward to watching it anyways.

Deberg_1990
03-17-2006, 09:37 AM

Yea, i used to love the old Dr. Who that played on PBS back in the late 70's and early 1980's....The Tom Baker ones.

keg in kc
03-17-2006, 09:38 AM
I hated it when BBC America stopped replaying the old ones back in '01.

Gonzo
03-17-2006, 09:39 AM
The only programs on Sci-Fi I will watch have to star the best actor ever to grace the screen...
Bruce Campbell.

Hail to the king baby!

keg in kc
03-17-2006, 09:42 AM
The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. owns Jack of All Trades.

el borracho
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Everything old is new again, I guess.

Barrymore50
03-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Thanks guys--but you needn't have seen the old show to enjoy the new ones! And DW isn't as serious or "cool" as Battlestar, but it's not really aiming to be--it's a fun adventure through time and space!