PDA

View Full Version : Who is on your Free Agency wish list?

Kylo Ren
03-20-2006, 09:16 AM
For me, I'd like CP to sign:

1. CB Ty Law or Charles Woodson
2. QB Joey Harrington
3. A good DT or two. ( I don't have a list of free agents, so I'll leave this up to you guys to fill in the blank.)

I think a good CB and DT could go a long way to helping our defense. We could use 2 or 3 more defensive players, but two good ones is a good start. Also, Harrington could blossom with the change of teams. He could be the QBotF that we are always looking for.

I always hope that CP would fill all of the holes in the off season through free agency before the NFL draft. That way the draft is just "gravy" and they don't have to rely on a rookie to fill a gap. But I know that that is pie in the sky.

|Zach|
03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I have never been so underwhelmed by a group of FA's in my life.

I think we have a great team that has a consistancy problem. Maybe there are some players out there that can help us out.

I just don't get the whole FA Activcity = Immediate success thing.

jspchief
03-20-2006, 09:29 AM
The only guy that really interested me was Rocky Bernard, and we didn't make that happen. Maybe that Meier guy from Jax, but he got locked up early.

There were some 2nd tier WRs that interested me, but they've all been snatched up too.

Now that Warfield is gone, I guess Woodson or Law, just because we need some experience at that CB spot, but I really don't want either of those guys.

Hoover
03-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Well we have to get a CB, DT, and Backup QB.

Dunit35
03-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Casey Printers is going to be our backup QB.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I can understand if people devalue the CB position due to rule changes and our lack of pass rush but Law has been a top 5 corner the last few years.

Woodson is also one of the most talentd CB's out there but he can't stay healthy. He's almost always injured. It'd be a bad idea do depend on him as our other started but he'd be a helluva' good nickelback/3rd CB...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-20-2006, 10:07 AM
sign one of those 2 corners...upgrade the d-line in the draft.

Kylo Ren
03-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Casey Printers is going to be our backup QB. He'll be 3rd string at best. Do you really want Huard as our #2? I'd rather sign Harrington as our #2, dump Huard and make Printers the #3.

C-Mac
03-20-2006, 12:07 PM
He'll be 3rd string at best. Do you really want Huard as our #2? I'd rather sign Harrington as our #2, dump Huard and make Printers the #3.

I'm still baffled why Huard is even still part of this team. I havent seen anything from him that made me think "hey that kid has potential".

SBK
03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see us pick up Sam Adams. Joey Harrington might be okay as well, but other than that who cares.