PDA

View Full Version : Any Planeteers in New Orleans?

chagrin
03-20-2006, 01:02 PM
I remember chatting briefly last May with a dude on the board who lives there, and I know Nasium is from there but I wasn't 100% sure about who might be there. Anyway, I am taking my wife to visit some family and friends in New Orleans and also attending a benefit concert another buddy is playing in this weekend; we'll be there until next Wednesday and wanted to know if there was a chance of meeting up with anyone from the board...??

Chime in and /or PM me if you are and we'll set something up.

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Just as a point of clarification I am not from there but lived there for just over 3 years when I was in the Coast Guard.

Fire Me Boy!
03-20-2006, 01:10 PM
I think Miles is in that area.

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I'll bet JimNasium can show you around, since he's from there.

Rain Man
03-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I think Miles is in that area.

In interstellar terms, yes.

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 01:14 PM
I'll bet JimNasium can show you around, since he's from there.
I'd be happy to direct you to some of the nicer housing projects in the city. I'll bet they would be happy to take boulders of any size.

chagrin
03-20-2006, 01:20 PM
I'd be happy to direct you to some of the nicer housing projects in the city. I'll bet they would be happy to take boulders of any size.

My apologies, I thought you stated that you were "from the 9th ward".

Anyway, I already know the area, just thought it would be cool to meet someone from the board if possible while I'm there - since my trip to KC got shot down in the family voting process.

JimNasium
03-20-2006, 01:21 PM
My apologies, I thought you stated that you were "from the 9th ward".

Anyway, I already know the area, just thought it would be cool to meet someone from the board if possible while I'm there - since my trip to KC got shot down in the family voting process.
I was stationed in the 9th ward during my enlistment. When you get back I'd love to talk to you on the phone about what you see while you're there.

chagrin
03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I was stationed in the 9th ward during my enlistment. When you get back I'd love to talk to you on the phone about what you see while you're there.

Ahh, thanks for clarifying. Yeah dude, I will let you know when I come back, should have plenty of photos as well.

Mr. Kotter
03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Here.....just to beat the Bronco fans to this:

No way that there are any Chiefs fans left in the Big Easy....the slums and trailer parks are still empty. The mullets or Camaros haven't shown back up yet.....

bringbackmarty
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
chagrin, It was me who was in NO in may of last year. My wife and I left about two months before Katrina. She graduated school, and we just didn't want to deal with the schools, crime, and hurricanes. I've been back to help clean up once, and will go again in a month or two.

chagrin
03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
chagrin, It was me who was in NO in may of last year. My wife and I left about two months before Katrina. She graduated school, and we just didn't want to deal with the schools, crime, and hurricanes. I've been back to help clean up once, and will go again in a month or two.

Okay, well I'm glad you're safe. Maybe someday then...