PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Frontiere & Bob Gretz are giddy with the possiblity

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2006, 12:32 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/scorecard/03/21/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/03/21/truth.rumors.nfl/p1_billclinton2.jpg

Commisioner Clinton? It could be a reality as the former president's name has been mentioned as a potential successor to Paul Tagliabue.

Fire Me Boy!
03-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, at least Ricky Williams won't be getting in trouble any more.

Gonzo
03-21-2006, 12:35 PM
:hump:

Bwana
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM

FAX
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Not a bad idea, really.

Bill can convince the Indonesians to buy brand new stadiums for us.

FAX

sedated
03-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Better than Condoleza Rice

Bwana
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Better than Condoleza Rice

Um no, I would call it a draw. Just say no in both cases. :shake:

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Um no, I would call it a draw. Just say no in both cases. :shake:
that's just silly

try putting aside your political preferences for 2 seconds and then tell me again how Bill Clinton and Condoleza Rice have the same ability.

puleeze

Bwana
03-21-2006, 12:58 PM
that's just silly

try putting aside your political preferences for 2 seconds and then tell me again how Bill Clinton and Condoleza Rice have the same ability.

puleeze

Um, so you think it should happen I take it? Drop the granola bar and s-l-o-w-l-y step away from the tree. :D

fan4ever
03-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Every team would now be allowed to have 500 cheerleaders, but no blue outfits.

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I want to assure you people that the Mothra problem is something we have under complete control.

Amnorix
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
Actually seems like a pretty good idea. Here's, roughly, what the NFL Commission needs to be, ideally. The number in parenthesis is my assessment of how important that item is to the job, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being Critical):

1. Ability to Manage/Persuade/Coerce the Owners to act in their best interests AS A GROUP (10).

2. Personable/charming (7)

3. Ability to work well with people (9)

4. Ability to "sell the game" (4)

5. Good leadership skills (6)

6. Someone the owners/union respect and trust (10)

Right? I mean, what else is there? I think based on the above Clinton (or Rice, but somewhat less so) would be fine, if that's who the owners wanted.

gblowfish
03-21-2006, 01:59 PM
The mind reels with possibilities...

sedated
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
as long as they don't fugg up like MLB did and appoint an owner (or former player).

I'll miss Tags. He hated KC (and most small markets), but he made the game better

KC Jones
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't know what ex-presidents are really supposed to do, but I don't think becoming the commisioner for a sports league is it.

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I don't know what ex-presidents are really supposed to do, but I don't think becoming the commisioner for a sports league is it.
Or anyone involved in politics for that matter, IMO.

Lzen
03-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Or anyone involved in politics for that matter, IMO.

Agreed.

Damn, Saul. You have 23k posts already. You really are a big time loser. :p

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Agreed.

Damn, Saul. You have 23k posts already. You really are a big time loser. :p
Didn't even notice.

I love government jobs.

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 03:14 PM
I don't know what ex-presidents are really supposed to do, but I don't think becoming the commisioner for a sports league is it.It would be so weird, but in a way, for Clinton... so fitting.

lewinsky lol

JohnnyV13
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Well,

Forget about you political positions for a moment. I think its a fine idea.

In Bill Clinton's NFL, I doubt any team would dare violate the constitutional rights of lesbian cheerleaders to pursue happiness.

I am certain the players would love it, b/c instead of hiding their sex boat parties from the NFL office, they could simply invite the commissioner.

And, think of all the "wardrobe malfunctions" we'd have during halftime shows.

Bottom line: sex sells, and if the NFL had clinton they'd have the best man whore of all time.

CoMoChief
03-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Even though this is getting silly hearing that these political figures are somewhat interested in the NFL commisioner's job, it just goes to show you how big Paul Tagliabue has made the NFL over his tenure. He might be the best commisioner of all time of professional sports. But I'm only 22 years old so I cant think of anyone else that would be better. Now football is the most popular sport in the country.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Um, so you think it should happen I take it? Drop the granola bar and s-l-o-w-l-y step away from the tree. :D

never said it SHOULD happen ... :p

patteeu
03-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Actually seems like a pretty good idea. Here's, roughly, what the NFL Commission needs to be, ideally. The number in parenthesis is my assessment of how important that item is to the job, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being Critical):

1. Ability to Manage/Persuade/Coerce the Owners to act in their best interests AS A GROUP (10).

2. Personable/charming (7)

3. Ability to work well with people (9)

4. Ability to "sell the game" (4)

5. Good leadership skills (6)

6. Someone the owners/union respect and trust (10)

Right? I mean, what else is there? I think based on the above Clinton (or Rice, but somewhat less so) would be fine, if that's who the owners wanted.

I agree. I think he'd be good at it as much as I'd hate to have to pay any attention to him.

stevieray
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
He'll probably end up taking over for Bob Barker as the game show host of The Price is Right ..higher/lower..spin the big wheel...he could date the prize girls...it would be funny watching him say don't forget to spay and neuter your 'pets'.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 08:10 PM
He'll probably end up taking over for Bob Barker as the game show host of The Price is Right ..higher/lower..spin the big wheel...he could date the prize girls...it would be funny watching him say don't forget to spay and neuter your 'pets'.

Bob Barker gets a kiss on the cheek from most of the female contestants. I'd bet Slick Willy would change that.

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
He'll probably end up taking over for Bob Barker as the game show host of The Price is Right ..higher/lower..spin the big wheel...he could date the prize girls...it would be funny watching him say don't forget to spay and neuter your 'pets'.Okay, that would be ideal.

Too bad Bob Barker is going to be the host of The Price Is Right well into the 24th Century.

milkman
03-21-2006, 10:14 PM
Even though this is getting silly hearing that these political figures are somewhat interested in the NFL commisioner's job, it just goes to show you how big Paul Tagliabue has made the NFL over his tenure. He might be the best commisioner of all time of professional sports. But I'm only 22 years old so I cant think of anyone else that would be better. Now football is the most popular sport in the country.

Pete Rozelle.

ChiefsCountry
03-21-2006, 11:13 PM
I know Lamar Hunt would be against it. Him and Carl and company are big Republicians.

wolfpack0735
03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
everyone knows clinton does do anything without asking that butt ugly old hag of his first. so it would be like getting two comish`s.

melbar
03-22-2006, 02:02 AM
Ya but shouldnt the President of the NFL have at least a little character? I love the NFL too much to have that cloud put over it.

melbar
03-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Of course he could teach us all a lot about ball handling... :)