PDA

View Full Version : NFT K State BBall Coach Search

dtrain
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Any news on what's happening with their search for a new head coach?

Skip Towne
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Are :KU: fans allowed to post on this thread? We were asked to leave the MU coach thread.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Any news on what's happening with their search for a new head coach?

I haven't heard a lot. Saul did some posting on the subject though on the MU thread.

KansasCityChiefs
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM
These are the names I've heard so far:

- Bob Huggins
- Bob Knight
- Rolando Blackmon
- Jimmy Elgas
- Brian Kelso

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM
These are the names I've heard so far:

- Bob Huggins -My first choice. Would be an excellent hire.
- Bob Knight - Won't happen.
- Rolando Blackmon -Terrible choice. Has no HC experience.
- Jimmy Elgas -No.
- Brian Kelso - It's Ben Kelso. High School coach turned 1 year assistant to Jim Wooldridge? No thank you.

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I think everyone here knows i've been pimping Huggins for the past couple of weeks. We won't hear ANYTHING until the 23rd. Something to do with affirmative action after firing someone, in the state of Kansas.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I think everyone here knows i've been pimping Huggins for the past couple of weeks. We won't hear ANYTHING until the 23rd. Something to do with affirmative action after firing someone, in the state of Kansas.

so, we've got 2 days to get Huggy locked up then.

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 05:27 PM
so, we've got 2 days to get Huggy locked up then.
Who the hell knows at this point. I've heard that neither MU or K-State has contacted Huggins, or his agent.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Who the knows at this point. I've heard that neither MU or K-State has contacted Huggins, or his agent.

Kinda feels like the Chiefs doesn't it?

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM

My "guy" tells me there is a mtg established for Thursday btw Huggs and ADTW. Where? No clue. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be somewhere near the Hutch JC BB Tourney. Huggins attends this thing every year, and it started today.

KansasCityChiefs
03-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Hey Saulbadguy, do you have a bigger picture of that Spring Game poster you have on below your posts? I have the one found on the school's site, but that one looks a lot cooler. Thanks, if not, then that's okay.

arrowheadnation
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
I saw on ESPN that McDermott had offers from KSU and Iowa St. and he chose Iowa St.

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I saw on ESPN that McDermott had offers from KSU and Iowa St. and he chose Iowa St.

I can assure you that:

a. KSU did have interest in Greg McD

b. KSU did not offer Greg McD

They were fishing to to get his interest and he used that to push the ISU deal thru. Believe it, don't believe it, but that IS what happened.

Dave Lane
03-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I can assure you that:

They were fishing to to get his interest and he used that to push the ISU deal thru. Believe it, don't believe it, but that IS what happened.

OK I have to know how do you know this?

Dave

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 08:47 PM

Dave
I knew it too. They legally CAN NOT OFFER THE JOB until Thursday.

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Saulbadguy, do you have a bigger picture of that Spring Game poster you have on below your posts? I have the one found on the school's site, but that one looks a lot cooler. Thanks, if not, then that's okay.
http://inside.kstatesports.com

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 08:59 PM

Dave

:)

Now, come on. I can't tell you that. It's true though.

Suffice it to say, there's going to be a meeting this week with Huggins, and I personally believe there will be an offer extended by weeks end. MU is not a player any more for Huggins. They are so fooked up over there, that they have no idea whether to take a $hit or wind their wrist watch with that committee approach.

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 09:00 PM
I knew it too. They legally CAN NOT OFFER THE JOB until Thursday.

Legally, they can, however, they have decided to follow the Kanasas State statues that ask for a two week waiting period before making hires at State institutions.

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
UNLV not a player for Huggins. OMFG. We are IT. I will seriously meltdown if we don't get Huggins.

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
UNLV not a player for Huggins. OMFG. We are IT. I will seriously meltdown if we don't get Huggins.

Why would Huggy take that job?

Lonnie is still the coach and has said he is coming back. The UNLV fans were acting like that was a done deal. I don't get it......

WilliamTheIrish
03-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Let it be Huggy...

dr00d
03-21-2006, 10:21 PM

bwhahaha - a site to see..
mjrod already claims huggy is in the bag, but he won't say how he knows...but our chances just went up 10 fold with MU out of the picture and Iowa state wrapped up (if there was any interest there, who knows).

Pitt Gorilla
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I can assure you that:

They were fishing to to get his interest and he used that to push the ISU deal thru. Believe it, don't believe it, but that IS what happened.Incorrect. McDermott said himself that he had an offer from KSU. What was your source?

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Here you go Saul....

And just think, if Iowa State can get their search done in five days, how long do you think it will take Kansas State to finish? It’s been rumored that Kansas State’s top prospect is Huggins, who is also rumored to be Missouri’s top prospect.

Link (http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-tiger-tracker/2006/03/riddle-me-this-missouri-fans/)

leviw
03-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Anybody who claims to know anything other than unofficial rumors about this search is full of it. Weiser is keeping a very tight lid on this, even tighter than the football search.

For his sake, I hope he lands Huggins. There will be an official meltdown in Manhattan if it's anybody but.

Does "Meltdown in Manhattan" sound better than "Miracle in Manhattan"? Catchy either way, I suppose.

ChiTown
03-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Anybody who claims to know anything other than unofficial rumors about this search is full of it. Weiser is keeping a very tight lid on this, even tighter than the football search.

ROFL

Kids say the funniest things.

dr00d
03-21-2006, 11:43 PM

For his sake, I hope he lands Huggins. There will be an official meltdown in Manhattan if it's anybody but.

Does "Meltdown in Manhattan" sound better than "Miracle in Manhattan"? Catchy either way, I suppose.

Doubt there will be a meltdown that looks anything like losing in the first round back to back in lowrents...

leviw
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Doubt there will be a meltdown that looks anything like losing in the first round back to back in lowrents...

Dude, how bout I buy you a beer in the 'Ville this weekend? You're about as bitter as they come. I'd love to help you take the hostility down about three notches.

leviw
03-22-2006, 12:20 AM
ROFL

Kids say the funniest things.

I wasn't pointing you out. You've given nothing but unofficial rumors. I'm sure "your guy" is just as reliable as "my guy".

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2006, 11:26 AM
I wasn't pointing you out. You've given nothing but unofficial rumors. I'm sure "your guy" is just as reliable as "my guy".

I'd rather we kept your personal life out of the coaching thread.

htismaqe
03-22-2006, 11:31 AM
McDermott wanted to stay in Iowa. He said that was the #1 factor for taking the ISU job.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Incorrect. McDermott said himself that he had an offer from KSU. What was your source?

Where did McDermott say that?

The reason I ask is that -as levi said- Weiser has been stone. No information whatsoever has leaked.

Did McDermott say as much in his press conference?

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.

leviw
03-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.

I've never asked, Saul. Who do you want???

ROFL

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 12:50 PM
You know...i'm setting myself up for a HUGE dissapointment. In the back of my mind, I know we won't get Huggy bear. For some odd reason, I am ignoring that, and laying it on the table.

Bob Huggins will be the head coach at Kansas State University within a week.

Gah...it's killing me.

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Where did McDermott say that?

The reason I ask is that -as levi said- Weiser has been stone. No information whatsoever has leaked.

Did McDermott say as much in his press conference?No, it was in an interview after the press conference.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
We're going to end up with some shiot coach l;ike Lowry. I just know it.

This is all a smoke screen.

Pay me no mind. I'm just getting ready to crucify Weiser when it happens.

ChiTown
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
No, it was in an interview after the press conference.

Weiser (KSU AD) has stated that he HAS NOT offered the job to anyone, including McD. Do you have a link to the interview? Thanks

Pitt Gorilla
03-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Weiser (KSU AD) has stated that he HAS NOT offered the job to anyone, including McD. Do you have a link to the interview? ThanksIt was on television here in IA. I'll see what I can do.

htismaqe
03-22-2006, 01:10 PM
No, it was in an interview after the press conference.

I know I asked you this yesterday, but I can't find where I asked you to see if you answered...

Are you in Cedar Falls?

ROYC75
03-22-2006, 01:45 PM
You know...i'm setting myself up for a HUGE dissapointment. In the back of my mind, I know we won't get Huggy bear. For some odd reason, I am ignoring that, and laying it on the table.

Bob Huggins will be the head coach at Kansas State University within a week.

Gah...it's killing me.

Stay away from the trees.cliffs,bridges, small buildings and roofs for you own health ...... OK.

We don't want to see you hurt.

Braincase
03-22-2006, 01:48 PM
KSU should throw caution to the wind and hire Pat Summitt.

ChiTown
03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
KSU should throw caution to the wind and hire Pat Summitt.

I'd hit it...................

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
http://www.810whb.com/images/bannerBetweenTheLinesOTA.jpg

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 02:22 PM
http://www.hirehuggy.com/

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 03:01 PM
http://www.hirehuggy.com/

Are you responsible for that Saul?

I'm impressed!

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Are you responsible for that Saul?

I'm impressed!
No, I am not.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
No, I am not.

I'm still impressed with it. I hope that if you all hire Huggy instead of us, we at least hire someone better than him. I'd hate the thought of losing to KSU.

ChiTown
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm still impressed with it. I hope that if you all hire Huggy instead of us, we at least hire someone better than him. I'd hate the thought of losing to KSU.

:hmmm:

You mean more than you usually do? (3 of the last 4)

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Press conference scheduled tommorow at Bramlage? Any truth to this rumor?

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Blue-chip recruits will follow Huggins, wherever he ends up

Gregg Doyel Nov. 14, 2005
By Gregg Doyel
CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

A college basketball program will hire Bob Huggins this spring. That school is out there somewhere, and whoever it is, that school will be getting a lot more than Bob Huggins.

It will be getting a ready-to-go recruiting class, too. Maybe even two recruiting classes. Maybe, dare we say it, even future NBA All-Star O.J. Mayo.

Huggins is a free agent, and recruits know it. A handful of elite prospects, including 7-foot-2 Jason Bennett of Jacksonville, Fla., are letting this week's early signing period pass without making a decision. They are waiting, in many cases, for Huggins.

Huggins could end up almost anywhere next season, but his ties are strongest to Ohio. He was raised there, attended Ohio University before graduating from West Virginia, and has spent all 24 years as a head coach in Ohio.

It doesn't take much imagination to picture Huggins next season at, say, Kent State or Ohio University. The current coaches there, Jim Christian and Tim O'Shea, could jump to bigger schools if their teams win another 20 games in 2005-06.

It might not be Kent State or Ohio, but it will be somewhere. Whether you like Huggins or not is irrelevant. He wins. Wherever he goes next season, Huggins will bring baggage, yes -- but he'll also bring a 567-199 record, 14 consecutive NCAA Tournament appearances and a 20-for-24 success rate of 20-win seasons.

And he'll bring players.

Here (potentially) are some of them, with CBS SportsLine.com projecting their odds of following Huggins:

Jason Bennett: Bennett is a consensus top-100 recruit who says he would've committed to Cincinnati in August had Huggins received a contract extension instead of a pink slip. Bennett could have signed this week with Georgia, Clemson or Miami -- among others -- but a source close to Bennett says he is waiting to see where Huggins lands. Odds of following Huggins: 80 percent.

Ramar Smith: Smith, a 6-2 shooting guard generally ranked among the top 40 seniors, had been committed to Connecticut until he jeopardized his freshman eligibility by withdrawing from prep school this fall. The Huskies rescinded the scholarship offer, and Smith is back in Detroit, unsigned and uncommitted. At this time last year, Cincinnati was his top choice. Odds of following Huggins: 50 percent.

Ryan Pettinella: Pettinella, a 6-9 forward, transferred from Penn to Cincinnati this summer but was released from his scholarship after Huggins was let go. Pettinella, who averaged 4.8 points and three rebounds as a Penn sophomore, is attending Monroe (N.Y.) Community College but not playing. Like Bennett and Smith, he is letting the early signing period slip past. He'll have two years of Division I eligibility beginning in 2006-07, and his father says he wants to play for Huggins. Odds of following Huggins: 90 percent.

Herb Pope: Pope, a 6-9 forward from the class of 2007, is a top-10 recruit and a likely McDonald's All-American. When Huggins was at Cincinnati, Pope had the Bearcats among his favorite schools before committing in March to Pittsburgh. Five months later Pope backed off that commitment, and a source close to Pope says he is monitoring Huggins' future. The connection is Pope's AAU coach, J.O. Stright, founder of the Pittsburgh J.O.T.S. and one of Huggins' closest friends. How close? When Huggins suffered a massive heart attack in September 2002, he called Stright. Stright called the paramedics. Odds of following Huggins: 75 percent.

O.J. Mayo and Bill Walker: These are two more top-10 recruits from the Class of 2007, maybe even the two best recruits from that class. Mayo, 6-5, is one of the top backcourt prospects since Kobe Bryant. Walker, 6-6, is less refined but a Vince Carter-like athlete. Both play for North College Hill (Ohio) High near Cincinnati, and both became close to Huggins after regular unofficial visits to campus. Until Huggins was fired, Cincinnati was considered the front-runner to land Mayo, Walker and 6-11 teammate Keenan Ellis. Odds of following Huggins: 60 percent.

Huggins -- unemployed, yet on the prowl for recruits. It's a fascinating concept. Until a school hires him, Huggins is beyond NCAA jurisdiction limiting coaches to a set number of phone calls or visits with recruiting targets. He can't give recruits extra benefits, but he can operate outside NCAA boundaries in other, non-punishable ways. Literally, if he moved in with O.J. Mayo tomorrow, what could the NCAA do about it?

For now, Huggins won't talk about it. He told CBS SportsLine.com that, until his contract with Cincinnati expires at November's end, he's not comfortable discussing his future.

In that vacuum of volume, hear this: A team featuring O.J. Mayo and Ramar Smith at guard ... Bill Walker and Herb Pope at forward ... and Jason Bennett at center ... and coached by Bob Huggins ... might just win the 2007 national championship.

Recruits are clamoring for Huggins. Pretty soon, it'll be athletics directors.

Saulbadguy
03-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Mitch Holthus: 89.773% chance Huggins is hired at K-State.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Mitch Holthus: 89.773% chance Huggins is hired at K-State.

I refuse to get my hopes up.

ChiTown
03-22-2006, 04:29 PM
I refuse to get my hopes up.

William, get the hopes up. It's a done deal.

WilliamTheIrish
03-22-2006, 04:43 PM
William, get the hopes up. It's a done deal.

If this is true, I'm buying 4 season tix.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 04:47 PM
If this is indeed true, congrats Cat fans. I would like to ask a favor though if I may, when you start winning, could you please not become arrogant and obnoxious like your across-state conterparts? Thanks

Who knows, in a few years, the State of Kansas rankings may be...

1. KSU
2. WSU
3. KU.

ROYC75
03-22-2006, 04:50 PM
If it is true, KU will welcome the challenge of your new coach and players.

But KSU is a long ways from his home state of Ohio.

I would be shocked if Huggins goes to KSU.

ROYC75
03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
If this is indeed true, congrats Cat fans. I would like to ask a favor though if I may, when you start winning, could you please not become arrogant and obnoxious like your across-state conterparts? Thanks

Who knows, in a few years, the State of Kansas rankings may be...

1. KSU
2. WSU
3. KU.

Just a dream, just a drreaammmmm...... ya know how the song goes.

But Huggins could go a long ways to bringing KSU's BB program up from the middle of the road. The scary part will be the baggage that comes along.....

chiefqueen
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM

Your choice is not apparent to me, could you repeat it 1,000,000 more times so I will have a better understanding.

JBucc
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
Your choice is not apparent to me, could you repeat it 1,000,000 more times so I will have a better understanding.he said

Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins. Huggins.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Just a dream, just a drreaammmmm...... ya know how the song goes.

But Huggins could go a long ways to bringing KSU's BB program up from the middle of the road. The scary part will be the baggage that comes along.....

Just think Roy, the coach they canned split Ws with KU.:)

leviw
03-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Press conference scheduled tommorow at Bramlage? Any truth to this rumor?

No and No.

Pitt Gorilla
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
I can assure you that:

They were fishing to to get his interest and he used that to push the ISU deal thru. Believe it, don't believe it, but that IS what happened.This article seems to provide evidence that you are incorrect. McDermott WAS offered the job at KSU. Youre source is either a liar or out of the loop.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060326/SPORTS04/603260359/1003/SPORTS&lead=1

Saulbadguy
03-26-2006, 09:05 PM
This article seems to provide evidence that you are incorrect. McDermott WAS offered the job at KSU. Youre source is either a liar or out of the loop.

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060326/SPORTS04/603260359/1003/SPORTS&lead=1
Good thing we didn't get him!

Skip Towne
03-26-2006, 09:14 PM
This article seems to provide evidence that you are incorrect. McDermott WAS offered the job at KSU. Youre source is either a liar or out of the loop.

Which proves my point that K-State is not a desirable destination for most coaches. Huggins took it because it was his only option. And he'll be gone at the first better offer he receives. Which means he is stuck a KSU.

ChiTown
03-26-2006, 09:36 PM

Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

Too bad it misses the actual truth. KSU was talking with McD. KSU wanted to gain his interest while they were in discussions with Huggins. They were covering their bases in the event that the Huggins deal fell through. McD used that as leverage to get the deal done with ISU.

Do you honestly think we took Huggins as our number 2? Common sense might be in order here.........

Pitt Gorilla
03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Interesting article. Thanks for the link.

Too bad it misses the actual truth. KSU was talking with McD. KSU wanted to gain his interest while they were in discussions with Huggins. They were covering their bases in the event that the Huggins deal fell through. McD used that as leverage to get the deal done with ISU.

Do you honestly think we took Huggins as our number 2? Common sense might be in order here.........ChiTown, the artlce backs up the "actual truth" as told by McDermott in a live interview. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand. McDermott himself said that K-State had offered him the job. It's that simple.