PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on The Chiefs offseason moves...

pikesome
03-23-2006, 01:22 PM
Could the Chiefs lack of movement have something to do with uncertainty over the stadium issue? The front office doesn't want to lay out cash or contracts if the team has to do something drastic when the issue fails (if it fails)? I have no sources for my theory, just wild speculation and guesses. Discuss.

DeepSouth
03-23-2006, 01:24 PM
I think they are waiting for June cuts.

King_Chief_Fan
03-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Could the Chiefs lack of movement have something to do with uncertainty over the stadium issue? The front office doesn't want to lay out cash or contracts if the team has to do something drastic when the issue fails (if it fails)? I have no sources for my theory, just wild speculation and guesses. Discuss.

Somehow I doubt it. This is Carl Peterson dumb assery at its best.

sedated
03-23-2006, 01:25 PM
What offseason moves?

pikesome
03-23-2006, 01:28 PM
What offseason moves?

Referencing the plethora of cuts and lack of signings.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2006, 01:28 PM
This should have been in my thread... :harumph:

sedated
03-23-2006, 01:29 PM

If their free-agency agenda was affected by the upcoming stadium vote, I would suspect they would be inclined to sign some big names and rally support for the organization.

...but they have done nothing, which will only diminish the little support they do have.

KCTitus
03-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I have no sources for my theory, just wild speculation and guesses. Discuss.

Sounds familiar...at least it didnt cost you 100 bucks to post this.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Since this one is getting more reads than mine, I think they're going to do something big RIGHT BEFORE the vote -- like signing Ty Law.

pikesome
03-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Sounds familiar...at least it didnt cost you 100 bucks to post this.

The invoices are in the mail, all who read this owe $49.95.

pikesome
03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
This should have been in my thread... :harumph:

I didn't want to pollute your thread with the football version of the Apollo moon landings sound stage.

sedated
03-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I think they're going to do something big RIGHT BEFORE the vote -- like signing Ty Law.

maybe that's why Carl is telling all the free agents to wait a couple weeks.

It's not that they are being cheap, they just want the impact of the signings to be felt on vote day.

I don't know which is more despicable.

The Bad Guy
03-23-2006, 01:59 PM
I think they are waiting for June cuts.

If you're being serious, there really isn't a June 1 cut date that matters anymore.

Every team can designate 2 players as June 1st guys anytime during the FA period. This eliminates the fact that players are kept in limbo for months. This was worked into the new CBA.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2006, 02:11 PM
Since this one is getting more reads than mine, I think they're going to do something big RIGHT BEFORE the vote -- like signing Ty Law.
yep

DeepSouth
03-23-2006, 02:42 PM
If you're being serious, there really isn't a June 1 cut date that matters anymore.

Every team can designate 2 players as June 1st guys anytime during the FA period. This eliminates the fact that players are kept in limbo for months. This was worked into the new CBA.
Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Rep for you.

StcChief
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
June is a few months away...
Then Draft is done and the June cuts will have been made

They are resigning whom they want now, nothing until later..after draft when a bigger pool available.
likely less talent though

kaplin42
03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I said this before, but will try again.

I don't think we are going to make that big of a splash this offseason. Reason being that both CP and HE realize that starting off season we are gonna have to begin a rebuild process. If we dont spend all of our money on FA's this year, we will have a very healthy cap number in which we would be able to bring in key FA's so we don't have to rely heavily on the draft.

Cormac
03-23-2006, 03:16 PM
I think that most of what will happen this offseason has already happened. Gone is some of the dead-weight, and in comes a new coaching staff. Hopefully Gibbs can maximise the return on talent in our secondary. Hopefully Krumrie can motivate Sims or Siavii. Hopefully Blackmon can make DJ a probowler, and Gun can be more effective.

I think we'll sign 3-4 journeymen before the season starts, and put most of our efforts into the draft.

Remember Carl made reference to the fact that Herm likes to play rookies, some weeks back. I bet we see some young players thrown into the fire this year.

Folks, the bright side is that there is no more Giunta, no more Dexter, no more cutesy Al Saunders playcalling, no more Giunta (definitely worth repeating). If you like you can add: no more Warfield (to those of you who didn't like him), no more wizkids (that one's for CK_IN :p). None of us knows who they are going to sign, but they'll fill the holes with vets and draft picks. But now we have a defensive minded HC and a staff that Gun likes. It's time for the players we have to step up (Battle, Sims, Parker etc.). It's not as grim as some like to make out.