PDA

View Full Version : no trade likely for Harrington

Mr. Laz
03-24-2006, 12:05 PM
the Lions are trying to get something in return for QB Joey Harrington, the $4 million roster bonus that comes due in June give Harrington all the leverage he needs to veto any trade or, in the end, to force his release.

Harrington also has a base salary of 4.5 million in 2006 and 2007.

so the only teams that could be a viable trade partner for harrington at this point, are the teams that are expecting him to compete for a starting job.

Since the list of teams expecting that seems to be non-existent, expect Harrington to refuse a pay cut to force his release so that he can choose his own team.

Millen was quoted days ago, that the lions see no reason to be in a hurry to deal with Harrington ........ i see 4 million reasons that say he won't be on the lion's roster come june.

www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com

King_Chief_Fan
03-24-2006, 12:21 PM
the Lions are trying to get something in return for QB Joey Harrington, the $4 million roster bonus that comes due in June give Harrington all the leverage he needs to veto any trade or, in the end, to force his release.

Harrington also has a base salary of 4.5 million in 2006 and 2007.

so the only teams that could be a viable trade partner for harrington at this point, are the teams that are expecting him to compete for a starting job.

Since the list of teams expecting that seems to be non-existent, expect Harrington to refuse a pay cut to force his release so that he can choose his own team.

Millen was quoted days ago, that the lions see no reason to be in a hurry to deal with Harrington ........ i see 4 million reasons that say he won't be on the lion's roster come june.

www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com (http://www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com)

It is the way the game is played.
KC may still have a shot at him later (after June 1). I don't see a team out there giving trade and that much jack for what he has shown to date

Kylo Ren
03-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Either way, by trade or by free agency, I hope Carl finds a way to pick him up. He's young, he's an experienced starter and has potential. He was thrown into the fire too soon and played on a bad team with a terrible offensive line. He may be nothing more than a backup for the rest of his career or he could blossom into a replacement for Trent Green. I say it's worth a shot. Carl has got to make this happen. The timing is right. The time is now.

HemiEd
03-24-2006, 01:05 PM
www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com

Dead link.......

:)

Kylo Ren
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com (http://www.Lazmademostthiscrapup.com)

Dead link.......

:)

Is that Nick Athan's website?

DMAC
03-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I actually clicked on it. :doh!:

HemiEd
03-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Is that Nick Athan's website?

Nope, here is the link to that one. It only works is you pay your hondo up front though.
www.nickathanmademostthiscrapup.com

Bowser
03-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I actually clicked on it. :doh!:

Feel free to kick yourself in the balls.

Kylo Ren
03-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Feel free to kick yourself in the balls. rochambeau

shakesthecat
03-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Players like Harrington are available for free every year.

Mr. Laz
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
it's all true ... but it's just me collecting info around the net and putting it into my own little "report"

hey ... i'm just as qualified as many of these other schmucks.

Phobia
03-24-2006, 03:07 PM
it's all true ... but it's just me collecting info around the net and putting it into my own little "report"

hey ... i'm just as qualified as many of these other schmucks.

You are, but only when you're fully medicated and clad in tin-foil from head to toe.

Mr. Laz
03-24-2006, 05:08 PM
You are, but only when you're fully medicated and clad in tin-foil from head to toe.
never leave home without it!!!

... even my kids "foil up"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ZakkVanDime/message%20boards/TinFoilHat_puton.jpg

also don't forget to protect your cat!!

http://www.rightwingnews.com/graphics/tinfoilcat.jpg

redbrian
03-24-2006, 05:13 PM
Players like Harrington are available for free every year.

Are you channeling pac-fan now?

BigRedChief
03-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Joey knows he won't get the money. He's going to be a backup. Trent goes down or retires in 2 years he could get his shot here. I liked him in college. Don't know all the facts about what happened in Detroit but he I think he's the best #2 we could get at this time and worth a 6th or 7th rounder.

milkman
03-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Joey knows he won't get the money. He's going to be a backup. Trent goes down or retires in 2 years he could get his shot here. I liked him in college. Don't know all the facts about what happened in Detroit but he I think he's the best #2 we could get at this time and worth a 6th or 7th rounder.

I'm on the page I've seen others on.

When Joey is released, sign him, but at a fair contract.

In the meantime, draft Brady Croyle in the third, or Drew Olson in the fifth.

No sense puting all our eggs in one basket.

PastorMikH
03-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Why trade? He WILL be cut, its just a matter of time and I would guess that unless a bidding war takes place, he won't make anywhere near what his current contract is slated for.

Even if we renegotiate, he may ask too much. Let him test the market and see what he's really worth, then lets talk. He might get a contract for more than he's making now (doubtful), and he might get signed for league minimum too (more realistic).

rad
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Why trade? He WILL be cut, its just a matter of time and I would guess that unless a bidding war takes place, he won't make anywhere near what his current contract is slated for.

Even if we renegotiate, he may ask too much. Let him test the market and see what he's really worth, then lets talk. He might get a contract for more than he's making now (doubtful), and he might get signed for league minimum too (more realistic).

What team is desperate enough to WANT him as a starter, or to compete in TC? Jets maybe?

milkman
03-26-2006, 10:14 AM

While I agree he won't get a contract worth what he's making right now, there will be, I believe, enough teams that show an interest, that he will get a contract worth more than the league minimum.

milkman
03-26-2006, 10:17 AM
What team is desperate enough to WANT him as a starter, or to compete in TC? Jets maybe?

Jets have Pennington returning from his shoulder injury, and traded for Patrick Ramsey to compete.

I doubt they will have any interest in Harrington.

Raiders and Vikings could have some interest.

rad
03-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Jets have Pennington returning from his shoulder injury, and traded for Patrick Ramsey to compete.

I doubt they will have any interest in Harrington.

Raiders and Vikings could have some interest.

I cant see Pennington lasting too much longer.

I dont see the Raiders getting him. Vikings, maybe

58-4ever
03-26-2006, 10:36 AM

It's crazy how the Jets have went from one kick away from the AFC Championship, to bottom feeders struggling to survive. I hope Herm leaves the Chiefs in better shape when he gets kicked out the door. :hmmm:

rad
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM
It's crazy how the Jets have went from one kick away from the AFC Championship, to bottom feeders struggling to survive. I hope Herm leaves the Chiefs in better shape when he gets kicked out the door. :hmmm:

Woody Johnson is a moron. Its all his fault.

milkman
03-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Woody Johnson is a moron. Its all his fault.

Of course injuries had little to do with their decline, especially at QB.

Mr. Laz
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM

it was rather bizarre, old age and injuries just destroyed them all at the same time.

mix in some contract problems and questionable trades and they went down hill faster than a team should.

rad
03-26-2006, 11:02 AM

I live in NY state so I'm forced to watch Jets and Giants games and I have to admit the Jets still played pretty hard for Herm last season despite losing so much. I'd like to see that here with these young defensive guys.

Skip Towne
03-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I live in NY state so I'm forced to watch Jets and Giants games..
Do they strap you to a chair or just hold a gun on you?

Sure-Oz
03-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't see the lions trading him to the vikes, he'd have to be cut and sign, im thinkin they'd rather trade him out of the nfc.

milkman
03-26-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't see the lions trading him to the vikes, he'd have to be cut and sign, im thinkin they'd rather trade him out of the nfc.

We are talking about where Harrington might sign when the Lions release him.

We haven't been talking about the possibility of a trade.

Sure-Oz
03-26-2006, 11:16 AM
We are talking about where Harrington might sign when the Lions release him.

We haven't been talking about the possibility of a trade.

ahhh gotcha!

StcChief
03-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Wait it out, he will be cut.

milkman
03-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Wait it out, he will be cut.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

rad
03-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Do they strap you to a chair or just hold a gun on you?

This is NY, man.

They threaten to break thumbs and stuff.