PDA

View Full Version : Our Music Sucks.

hypersensitiveZO6
03-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Now's the time when the Chief's Organization needs to start looking for new stadium music. I'm personally sick of that Rolling Stones shit.

FloridaMan88
03-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I think the song "One is the Loneliest Number" should be the new theme song.

luv
03-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Now's the time when the Chief's Organization needs to start looking for new stadium music. I'm personally sick of that Rolling Stones shit.
You can't hear the music when you're watching games on tv. If you can't stand it, don't go to the games.

wolfpack0735
03-25-2006, 11:06 PM
its hard to beat 'BLACK BETTY" to get you up for a kick off.

hypersensitiveZO6
03-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I think the song "One is the Loneliest Number" should be the new theme song.

that or Beck's "Loser".

Halfcan
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM

I am more worried about a new Stadium, and a Rolling Roof.

hypersensitiveZO6
03-25-2006, 11:13 PM
there's more modern day music out there to get people pumped up.

BigRedChief
03-26-2006, 08:07 AM
The whole pre game needs to be redone. The way the players rune out. The stupid contests. The lame half time entertainment. Very sub par for NFL standards.

stevieray
03-26-2006, 08:13 AM
I heard a rumor that Gary Glitters song is banned @ Arrowhead.

StcChief
03-26-2006, 08:40 AM

Sorry the new music in this generation sucks worse. I think your in the minority watch from home.

jspchief
03-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I started a similar post last season.

The stadium needs better "non game" entertainment. After seeing the way that Incestco and Texas stadium can get their crowd pumped up, it's evident that we need something new.

The routine at Arrowhead is played out. I'm not neccessarily arguing for more modern stuff (although I think it would be good), I just thing we need something fresh.

Saulbadguy
03-26-2006, 09:16 AM
I heard a rumor that Gary Glitters song is banned @ Arrowhead.
That would suck.

Saulbadguy
03-26-2006, 09:17 AM
I started a similar post last season.

The stadium needs better "non game" entertainment. After seeing the way that Incestco and Texas stadium can get their crowd pumped up, it's evident that we need something new.

The routine at Arrowhead is played out. I'm not neccessarily arguing for more modern stuff (although I think it would be good), I just thing we need something fresh.
Indeed. I can't wait for our special home opener entertainment, a bunch of yellow crates with balloons in them. :rolleyes:

jspchief
03-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Indeed. I can't wait for our special home opener entertainment, a bunch of yellow crates with balloons in them. :rolleyes:Nothing tops the crappy bottle rockets we set off during the "rockets' red glare" portion of the national anthem. Texas has freaking 30' flames, we have leftover roman candles from the local fireworks stand. :shake:

If I were a Gm or owner, I'd have a person or group of people that went to see other stadiums' gameday entertainment, in an effort to keep up with the trends. Arrowhead is clearly behind the times when it comes to this stuff.

Of course, it's fits right in with their shitty website and all the other things that the Chiefs lack in. Talk about oblivious.

alanm
03-26-2006, 09:26 AM
I think your thread title is misleading. It should have been labled "Todays Music Sucks" because while I agree that the Stones and the like is outdated and should be replaced, but with what?
American kids have totally dropped the ball with the current generation. If you want decent rock you have to go to Australia or England. :shake:

the Talking Can
03-26-2006, 09:27 AM
Camero owners would riot...no chance

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Indeed. I can't wait for our special home opener entertainment, a bunch of yellow crates with balloons in them. :rolleyes:

But the crates spell out C-H-I-E-F-S!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Nothing tops the crappy bottle rockets we set off during the "rockets' red glare" portion of the national anthem. Texas has freaking 30' flames, we have leftover roman candles from the local fireworks stand. :shake:

If I were a Gm or owner, I'd have a person or group of people that went to see other stadiums' gameday entertainment, in an effort to keep up with the trends. Arrowhead is clearly behind the times when it comes to this stuff.

Of course, it's fits right in with their shitty website and all the other things that the Chiefs lack in. Talk about oblivious.

If the "rockets" are number 1....

1a. Has to go to KC Wolf. The "run out of the tunnel and beat the crap out of a couple of opponent fans" gag is lame. I know it's been going on forever, but I for one would be thrilled if they retired that bit.

StcChief
03-26-2006, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't OWN a Crumaro.....sorry rexjake.

Stones are still the worlds greatest rock 'n roll band.

'Start me up' works fine at KO for me.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3104154#post3104154

Bad to the bone, Black Betty etc are fine....

Isn't this contracted out by NFL anyway? Artists get a piece of the action if song is played.

OnTheWarpath15
03-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Not sure what all the fuss is about the Stones, to my recollection, "Black Betty" has been played at kickoff for the past two years.

I'm trying to remember what they play when WE are returning the kick.

Black Betty: Kickoffs

Rock and Roll Pt. 2 : Scores

Band: In series

Drawing blank on returns........

:banghead:

jspchief
03-26-2006, 09:54 AM
If the "rockets" are number 1....

1a. Has to go to KC Wolf. The "run out of the tunnel and beat the crap out of a couple of opponent fans" gag is lame. I know it's been going on forever, but I for one would be thrilled if they retired that bit.I can live with KC Wolf because it's geared towards kids (although at $70 per ticket, I'm not sure how many kids get to go anymore).

I'm more bothered by shit like that lame brick house bit they do. I understand the advertising part of it (all stadiums do it), but I don't care for the crappy song choice and jr. high level production. Hire some professionals for pete's sake.

gblowfish
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I heard a rumor that Gary Glitters song is banned @ Arrowhead.He's very big in Vietnamese prisons.

Sully
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Eh.
I still miss them playing "Kashmir" during the announcing of the starting teams. Damn, that was a long time ago.

CHENZ A!
03-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I thought it would be cool if each player had their own "theme" music, that played whenever they made a big play. for instance- Go DJ by Lil' Wayne, whenever Derrick Johnson makes a play. I bet you guys could come up with some other good/funny ones. I remember Andre Rison had his spiderman song, and in baseball the players get to choose their music that plays while they walk to the plate.

Demonpenz
03-26-2006, 01:09 PM
can we get some hot cheerleaders as well. Gawd the local college schools have better pussy.

big nasty kcnut
03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
I want kid rock american bad ass as our opening kickoff song let scare the other team. Also i want to see hotter cheerleader that can't be a lost issue here the hotter the better.

Simplex3
03-26-2006, 01:34 PM
The team is old and tired, why shouldn't the music reflect that? The Stones are a perfect choice IMO.

Mr. Kotter
03-26-2006, 02:14 PM
there's more modern day music out there to get people pumped up.

They play some more recent stuff too; yes, 80s music probably gets more play than the newer stuff....but think about it....

What's the average age of the season ticket holders?

I'd bet that well over half are in the 30-50 years old range: so 70s and 80s (with some 90s thrown in) makes sense....you cater to the demographics....:shrug:

Rausch
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I think it would be cool to ask a Native Americans to perform something before the game.

Part of a real ceremony. A bunch of people in traditional dress chanting, dancing, whatever. That would get me pumped up.

Plus, you might actually learn something instead of watching a sweaty azzhole running around in giant rat suit...

kcfanXIII
03-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I want kid rock american bad ass as our opening kickoff song let scare the other team. Also i want to see hotter cheerleader that can't be a lost issue here the hotter the better.

don't you mean "sad but true" by metallica?

i wouldn't mind if a player got to hear some "theme" music for making a play. as for kickoffs, how bout "bombtrack", by rage against the machine. and more of the tomahawk chop on defense!!!!!

cdcox
03-26-2006, 02:37 PM
What's ironic is that when Carl Peterson first came to KC, he was considered an innovator with respect to the game day experience:

"...Peterson helped transform the game day experience, bringing in a team mascot and adding rock music at key intervals (becoming perhaps the first team to pump the opening chords of the Roling Stones' 'Start Me Up' prior to kickoff), as well as moving the team's radio contract to an FM rock station that would bring a younger audience."

- America's Game by Michael MacCambridge

(I did hate the Arrowhead rat from the instant of its debut).

Bowser
03-26-2006, 02:48 PM
They need to flush the whole stable of songs they have now, and start over from scratch. KC Wolf is tired, although I agree with jsp and his comments about the kids. They need flyovers at every game - a B-2 and a couple of A-10's on the wing. And enough with the "Let's get ready to rumble" bit, get something original. And this might be blasphemy to some, but Tony DiPardo needs to retire. I can't get into "Enter Sandman" when it's rockin' big band style.

However, I don't think Dan Roberts would go for anything "new and hip".

Mr. Laz
03-26-2006, 03:24 PM
i think we should play a broad spectrum of CCM

gblowfish
03-26-2006, 03:31 PM
I know the lady who has been in charge of the Chiefs pre-game for more than 20 years. Her name is Donna Scott. The Chiefs whacked her about two months ago. I think it was because King Carl didn't want her to get her 25 in and get a pension. She is the nicest, sweetest lady you can imagine. They re-assigned her duties to other people on the staff. Actually Carl whacked several people on the staff this year, that's kind of flown under the radar, because he did most of it right after Herm was hired.

The Chiefs Cheerleaders do all kinds of music, mostly current stuff, but their routines only last about 60 seconds, because the game is on a tight schedule.

Tony DiPardo and his daughter Patti (who really runs the band now) are big pals with King Carl, and the Red Coaters (the long time rich fat cat Chiefs "Knights of Columbus" kind of organization) LOVE Tony. That's why he's still there.

Tony is in his 90's now. Give the man a break and let him live out his final years as the Chiefs Band leader.

There are waaaaaay too many commercials, "official" products of the Chiefs and lame pre-game and halftime contests. When was the last time we had a college band at halftime? It's been awhile. Bring in Grambling...somebody with some funkiness.

They should have a different formula every week. Keep the fans surprised.

Brock
03-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Tony Dipardo needs to be shipped off to a rest home. His daughter can be used as an emergency flotation device if we ever have another monsoon game, so just station her on a hook in the corner.

CHENZ A!
03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Patti DePardo used to sing the anthem from time to time, and we always won when she sang. she was a good luck charm.

Stinger
03-26-2006, 05:25 PM
Patti DePardo used to sing the anthem from time to time, and we always won when she sang. she was a good luck charm.

until the Colt playoff game even she could not help.

Nzoner
03-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Personally,I think Thunderstruck was and still is a good choice at sometime during the pre-game.

CHENZ A!
03-26-2006, 05:45 PM
until the Colt playoff game even she could not help.

**** Patti then! :banghead: