PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs VS. Broncos this Thanksgiving nite!

dtebbe
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
What better to go with a Turkey sammich!

Bronco soup!

Better sign up for NFL Network now!

DT

Fire Me Boy!
03-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Unless you live in KC (or metro)... it'll still be broadcast to local audiences. YAY!!!

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Thanksgiving

Miami @ Det
Tampa @ Dal
Denver @ KC

Also,

Opening Thursday: Miami at Pitt

Monday night opener x2

Min @ Wash
Oak @ SD

InChiefsHeaven
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I live in Omaha, we should get the game. Seweeet!

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
This is bullshit...count it as a loss for the Broncos. I'm tired of the BS when we play at Arrowhead. Fuggin schedule a frickin October game there so we can sweep that arse

cdcox
03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
That is a high stress game to have on a holiday when you are trying to acknowledge the existance of family members. I'm glad its the night game, after the meal and other family activities are for the most part over. A loss at noon to Denver would make the turkey taste like Donkey shit.

ct
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
where did you get this?

Saulbadguy
This is bullshit...count it as a loss for the Broncos. I'm tired of the BS when we play at Arrowhead. Fuggin schedule a frickin October game there so we can sweep that arse
Hahahaha.

siberian khatru
Great. Now I'll be all keyed up during the day waiting for that game. Ruin my holiday -- unless the Chiefs win.

vckcchiefs04
03-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Is this a guess, or is there a link to this information?

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:32 PM
That is a high stress game to have on a holiday when you are trying to acknowledge the existance of family members. I'm glad its the night game, after the meal and other family activities are for the most part over. A loss at noon to Denver would make the turkey taste like Donkey shit.

You got that right...it's bad enough as it is to play a game on 2 days rest...but now it's a game that could decide the division...this sucks.

TEX
03-27-2006, 12:33 PM

You have absolutely no ground to stand on when dealing with "breaks" in scheduling. The Broncos are most always given a moe favorable schedule. Last year was no exception.

T-post Tom
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
where did you get this?

It's on the NFL network right now. The Chiefs/Donk game will be the first regular season game on the NFL network. (Tags just had a press conference.)

ct
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
It's on the NFL network right now. The Chiefs/Donk game will be the first regular season game on the NFL network. (Tags just had a press conference.)

Thanks! Any other info?

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
It's legit...several people have reported it.

cdcox
03-27-2006, 12:35 PM
You got that right...it's bad enough as it is to play a game on 2 days rest...but now it's a game that could decide the division...this sucks.

It being a home game is huge for us. But that advantage would would make a loss even more unbearable.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Unless you live in KC (or metro)... it'll still be broadcast to local audiences. YAY!!!

It damned well better be.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:40 PM
It being a home game is huge for us. But that advantage would would make a loss even more unbearable.

This might as well be a december game for the 3rd year in a row...and for kicks this year we get it with 2-3 days rest and travel. This is a joke and I can't believe anybody agreed to it. Oh well....we'll have to try our best.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
This might as well be a december game for the 3rd year in a row...and for kicks this year we get it with 2-3 days rest and travel. This is a joke and I can't believe anybody agreed to it. Oh well....we'll have to try our best.

Well, maybe Bowlen will break out the Vaseline jersies for this game.

StcChief
03-27-2006, 12:42 PM

That means you won't be in Arrowhead in Dec for Loss though.

Donxs always get a favorable schedule.

The football gods are smiling on Chiefs for once....

Too bad Donxs didn't open in Pittsburg. where is the AFC Championship replay. with Plummer getting his a$$ handed to him :banghead:

cdcox
03-27-2006, 12:43 PM

Don't forget that it is on a holiday, when the players would rather be close to home...

chiefqueen
03-27-2006, 12:43 PM
The queenmum and I are supposedly going back to Vega$$$ this Thanksgiving. Now I have to find a place that has the NFL Network and won't make me lay a $1,000 on the game b/f I can watch.

KC Dan
03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
link
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9340852

dtebbe
03-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I just hope another home game is the weekend before, so I can catch 2 games on my Thanksgiving visit!

BTW, this was breaking news on NFL Radio on Sirius. That's where I heard it.

DT

morphius
03-27-2006, 12:48 PM
I live in Omaha, we should get the game. Seweeet!
I'll be in Omaha, so we better get it.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
That means you won't be in Arrowhead in Dec for Loss though.

Donxs always get a favorable schedule.

The football gods are smiling on Chiefs for once....

Perhaps your definition of favorable is different than mine, and really...our schedules are pretty much the same since realignment. Although the calendar month is November it might as well be december. At least we have experience from this past year for a TG game.

King_Chief_Fan
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM

coming out with the excuses 8 months ahead of time......not bad

TEX
03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Perhaps your definition of favorable is different than mine, and really...our schedules are pretty much the same since realignment. Although the calendar month is November it might as well be december. At least we have experience from this past year for a TG game.

Playing the same teams - they are similar. But it's not so much who you play as where and when. Seems the Donx always get a favorable early season home schedule and by the time they hit the road late in the year, injuries and other factors make it so things don't equal out. Just take last year for example. Look at how many of yout first 10 games you got to play at home. Now look at how many times you played back-to-back road games. The answer there is only once and you split that series. Compare that to every other team in the division where all had to play multiple road games back-to-back. The Chiefs, for example, had to play back-to-back road games every time they played a road game. It's very hard to make up ground that way.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
coming out with the excuses 8 months ahead of time......not bad

It may be an excuse...I guess...but it's based in truth with regard to recent history. Oh well.

Dartgod
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
Or, if you're a real fan (like me), you could just watch the game in person.

KC Dan
03-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Thank God, I'm a real fan!

dj56dt58
03-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Donkeys will have the advatage. They'll be at the hotel while the Chiefs are eating a ton of thanksgiving dinner and they'll be too damn full..and probably drunk(especially if we resign EW), to play football. You think the kc defensive line can't move now..wait till u see them after they eat 5 tons of thanksgiving dinner. Except Jared Allen..he'll go all day w/o eating just so he can have several helpings of Jake Plummer throught the game.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
When the game are scheduled does make a difference, Tex. But we still play the same competition. And that all that can really be asked for...we can't play the same teams on a given weekend. You are correct that this aspect of our schedule was easier last...this year...we get the first place schuled....so some of of competition will be tougher than last year in that regard.

Chiefnj
03-27-2006, 01:06 PM
What is the purpose of having a prime time Thanksgiving game if it is not going to be nationally broadcast on ESPN or a free t.v. channel?

jspchief
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
What is the purpose of having a prime time Thanksgiving game if it is not going to be nationally broadcast on ESPN or a free t.v. channel?The NFL Network can generate advertising revenue, and they probably get a kickback from DirectTV too.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
You guys are going to kill us.

Dartgod
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
What is the purpose of having a prime time Thanksgiving game if it is not going to be nationally broadcast on ESPN or a free t.v. channel?
My guess is that it is the NFL's attempt to get Time Warner (and other cable companies) to finally purchase the NFL network package for the subscribers.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 01:12 PM
My guess is that it is the NFL's attempt to get Time Warner (and other cable companies) to finally purchase the NFL network package for the subscribers.

I hope it works

Dartgod
03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I hope it works
Me too. Assuming a local station picks up the feed, it won't matter much to the Kansas City Metro subscribers, but I'm telling you, there will be some Time Warner customers in other locations that will be mighty pissed if they can't watch this game.

ct
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM

So you'll pony up to get NFL Network.

petegz28
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
If oyu ahve the NFL Channel you should be able to watch this game. It isn't like there will be another game to watch.

Fire Me Boy!
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Here's the star's article...

Chiefs will play host to Broncos on Thanksgiving

Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt’s quest for a Thanksgiving Day game in Kansas City was rewarded today when the NFL announced the Chiefs will face the Denver Broncos at 7 p.m. Nov. 23 in the inaugural regular-season game on the NFL Network.

The Chiefs-Broncos game will be the third game of a Thanksgiving Day tripleheader, following the traditional games at Detroit and Dallas. Hunt has long contended that playing the annual Thanksgiving Day games gave those teams a competitive advantage because not only did the visiting teams have to travel on a shorter week, but the Lions and Cowboys, in effect, had an extra three days to prepare for the next opponent. Hunt has acknowledged Detroit should keep its game because the Lions have staged it since 1934, but the league should rotate the Thanksgiving Day games Dallas has hosted since 1966.

The NFL Network, which will broadcast eight primetime, regular-season NFL games on Thursdays and Saturdays in 2006, will now furnish the opportunity for a rotated game in the evening.

“We are ecstatic to have a great AFC West rivalry to kick-off NFL Network’s primetime live game telecasts,” said NFL Network president and CEO Steve Bornstein. “Being part of a new Thanksgiving Day tripleheader is an honor and we can’t wait to get to KC.”

The Miami Dolphins visit Detroit at 11:30 a.m. on CBS, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play at Dallas at 2:15 p.m. on Fox before the Chiefs face Denver.

Because the NFL Network is a cable network and not available on all systems in Kansas City, its telecasts will also be available on a yet to be determined over-the-air station.

Brock
03-27-2006, 01:30 PM
"The Broncos-Chiefs match will be the first live, in-season game on NFL Network, which will show eight prime-time games from Thanksgiving through the end of the season. Those games will be on either Thursday or Saturday nights."

Get your checkbooks out.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 01:32 PM
radio station...I'm listening to more and more games each year on the radio for free.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 01:33 PM
You guys are going to kill us.

ROFL

Already with this shit, huh? I think there is a statute of limitations of about two weeks when it comes to reverse-karma on football games......

Nzoner
03-27-2006, 01:37 PM

Maybe it's the NFL's way to try and help the Chiefs sell a few more season tickets.

sedated
03-27-2006, 01:44 PM

:deevee: :crybaby: :sulk:

like playing on Monday Night in Denver every year is fair.

fugg off horseface

:moon:

Chiefnj
03-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Do all NFL teams get a share of money generated from the NFL Network?

The players get a good deal and the fans have to shell out some more money.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
ROFL

Already with this shit, huh? I think there is a statute of limitations of about two weeks when it comes to reverse-karma on football games......

:harumph: Why what-ever do you mean?

ROFL

chiefqueen
03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm not for certain but I think the KC area is supposed to swicth to Comcast in Oct. Comcast provides the NFL Network.

Garcia Bronco
03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
:deevee: :crybaby: :sulk:

like playing on Monday Night in Denver every year is fair.

fugg off horseface

:moon:

It's literally the only AFC west matchup to put on MNF...or course now the big deal in SNF...MNF on free TV is dead.

ChiefsCountry
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Is Miami going to be the league's little media whore this year? They got the Thanksgiving Day game as well as the opener.

WebGem
03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, I'm officially not going home for Thanksgiving.

Nzoner
03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
I like the idea of two MNF games.

TEX
03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
This is just my opinon, but it's not a good thing when most of the country won't get to se it.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I like the idea of two MNF games.

Agreed. This way we're not force fed a single turd of a game.

tk13
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I say we make this tradition, just like the Lions and Cowboys. Just pummel the crap out of the Broncos and Raiders every Thanksgiving night.

beer bacon
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I say we make this tradition, just like the Lions and Cowboys. Just pummel the crap out of the Broncos and Raiders every Thanksgiving night.

We should do this even if we aren't playing a game.

mlyonsd
03-27-2006, 03:10 PM

Get used to the idea of having to pay to watch the Super Bowl someday.

Iowanian
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
This pisses me off.......

You shouldn't have to buy an effing satelite dish, and the NFL channel to watch this game.

c@ck sucker.s

SLAG
03-27-2006, 03:13 PM

You shouldn't have to buy an effing satelite dish, and the NFL channel to watch this game.

c@ck sucker.s

as long as the game is shown locally here in KC i think i might have an Idea to help those less fourtunate... if you remember the Miami game from last year... I think we could out do ourselfs

DTLB58
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflschedule&prov=ap&type=lgns

Iowanian
03-27-2006, 03:16 PM
excellent. Unless I'm at an family function with a 4kb landline.

The miami thing worked very well.

Immaculate
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Nice! I like Donkey with my turkey.

Nzoner
03-27-2006, 03:19 PM

c@ck sucker.s

I have a feeling my usual Turkey Day get together is going to be much larger this year.

shakesthecat
Sweet!
A perfect reason to leave the family get together a little early.

Skip Towne

c@ck sucker.s
Satellite systems are free. Free installation too.

sedated
03-27-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm sure everyone will have a way to watch these games by the time next season rolls around.

the National Football League did not accend to the peak of the sporting world by f*cking over it's fans

(just those in a few cities - KC, CLE, SEA)

Mile High Mania
03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Very nice!

Bowser
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Very nice!

What's this? Garcia was none too pleased about the Donks playing here Thanksgiving night. You like playing a primetime game AT Arrowhead?

chiefqueen
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM

Of course all you Bronco fans all invited as long as you take the mandated route for opposing fans that day through the Country Club Plaza.

FloridaMan88
03-27-2006, 04:54 PM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

How soon you obviously forget that the last 2 times the Chiefs played in Denver, one was on a Sunday Night Game (first one of the season) and then last year's was on Monday Night.

So don't cry about unfavorable scheduling

Hydrae
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
If the cable channels don't have NFL Network available by then (I have Cox), I am not sure I would feel right going out that night to the bar.

Aries Walker
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm relatively new here, so maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it usually the fans of the teams that didn't win the division that do all the bitching about tough schedules?

And doesn't a team that had to travel and play on the same day at one point have much more of a right to complain?

I'm sure there's something I'm missing that explains all of thi . . . oh, wait. There it is. My bad.

Broncos fan.

Tig O Bittys
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I would really like to make it to that game, i wish my whole family would want to get to that game and celebrate thanksgiving at arrowhead

Nzoner
03-27-2006, 05:53 PM
I have zero problem with going to the bar on Thanksgiving night.

I'm shocked.

Spott
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM

I think the reason we beat you guys at Arrowhead doesn't have much to do with what time of the year they play there. As a matter of fact, the last time Denver played in KC in October was the 24-23 game back in '03.

Skip Towne
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Endelt will go to the bar at any time.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I think the reason we beat you guys at Arrowhead doesn't have much to do with what time of the year they play there. As a matter of fact, the last time Denver played in KC in October was the 24-23 game back in '03.

That was a Fun F'n Game to be at

big nasty kcnut
03-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Oh hell yeah happy turkey day donkeys it's time for some slicing and diceing.

Coach
03-27-2006, 07:16 PM

c@ck sucker.s

Agreed.

listopencil
03-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Playing @ KC on Thanksgiving is rough, but we get them at Mile High every year too. That's a wash. What pisses me off is yet more NFL football going to a pay network. **** Tagliabue, **** the owners, **** the NFL Channel and **** ESPN. I'm not paying to watch football.

Taco John
03-27-2006, 07:39 PM
I already pay to watch football... Since I have the NFL Channel, I don't mind that they did this.

I'd be pissed if I was on cable though.

Hydrae
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Playing @ KC on Thanksgiving is rough, but we get them at Mile High every year too. That's a wash. What pisses me off is yet more NFL football going to a pay network. **** Tagliabue, **** the owners, **** the NFL Channel and **** ESPN. I'm not paying to watch football.

But....

Football players' families have to eat too!

listopencil
03-27-2006, 07:46 PM
But....

Football players' families have to eat too!

It's hard for a brother to make it on $5 Mil a year. Have a heart.

JBucc
03-27-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm sure one of the nice folks of chiefsplanet would be kind enough to give those of us without the luxury of NFL network a nice live feed...

Bosko
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
You have absolutely no ground to stand on when dealing with "breaks" in scheduling. The Broncos are most always given a moe favorable schedule. Last year was no exception.

%(/

The Broncos had to play @ Miami opening day in the suffocating humidity and @ Jacksonville 3 weeks later. We had to play @ Dallas on Thanksgiving. Then we had to play @ Kansas City in December again, and then we had to go to Buffalo for a December night game.

We basically played the same games, but they scheduled them so the Broncos would have the most difficulty.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
%(/

The Broncos had to play @ Miami opening day in the suffocating humidity and @ Jacksonville 3 weeks later. We had to play @ Dallas on Thanksgiving. Then we had to play @ Kansas City in December again, and then we had to go to Buffalo for a December night game.

We basically played the same games, but they scheduled them so the Broncos would have the most difficulty.

HAHAHAHHAH

Damn the Donkos are Pussy Punk ass Bitches

Bowser
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
HAHAHAHHAH

ROFL

That's what happens to a team when their owner wears fur coats. (nttiawwt)

Bosko
03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
HAHAHAHHAH

No, we are used to the bad breaks. We just go out there and take care of business, 13-3.

KChiefsQT
03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
I heard this earlier but it was an Athan source so I kept it on the hush hush for sake of hate-mail. Riiiiiiiiight. :p

SLAG
03-27-2006, 09:32 PM
No, we are used to the bad breaks. We just go out there and take care of business, 13-3.

Hey ben...

Did the Donkos Take Care of Business?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2986634#post2986634

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=52655&stc=1

greg63
03-27-2006, 09:37 PM
HAHAHAHHAH

ROFLROFLROFL

Bosko
03-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey ben...

ROFL

Can't win 'em all. Turn back the clock one week earlier when we ended the Patriots dynasty and put the "1" in Tom Brady's 10-1 playoff record.

greg63
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey ben...

ROFLOh, did they ever.ROFL

Dartgod
03-27-2006, 09:41 PM
ROFL

Can't win 'em all. Turn back the clock one week earlier when the refs literally handed us the win against the Pats and put the "1" in Tom Brady's 10-1 playoff record.
Fixed your post...

Mile High Mania
03-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Bring it on... defeating KC at home is tough to do at any time. I look at it like this... if Denver loses at KC then it wouldn't shock me, but if they were to beat KC in Arrowhead on Thanksgiving... that kicks ass.

You can't worry about the scheduling...

Dartgod
03-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Bring it on... defeating KC at home is tough to do at any time. I look at it like this... if Denver loses at KC then it wouldn't shock me, but if they were to beat KC in Arrowhead on Thanksgiving... that kicks ass.

You can't worry about the scheduling...
Seriously, when are you going to stop the charade and admit you're not really a Donkey fan? :D

dtebbe
03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
It's hard for a brother to make it on $5 Mil a year. Have a heart.

No chit... have you seen the price of gold teef lately yo?

DT

|Zach|
03-27-2006, 10:33 PM
I ****ing love holiday games.

Go Chiefs.

2bikemike
03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
My only bitch about all this and I may be wrong. But I don't believe NFL network is in HD.

dtebbe
03-27-2006, 11:13 PM
My only bitch about all this and I may be wrong. But I don't believe NFL network is in HD.

It is available in HD, but I don't think DirecTv carries the HD verson yet. But rest assured, it'll be there by the time the season starts....

DT

2bikemike
03-28-2006, 12:19 AM
It is available in HD, but I don't think DirecTv carries the HD verson yet. But rest assured, it'll be there by the time the season starts....

DT

I know it currently is not HD on Coxsux cable. Hopefully your right about them changing it to HD by season beginning.

Mile High Mania
03-28-2006, 06:29 AM
I read an article on the Denver Post and it mentioned the NFL Network and said something about it being aired locally on a Denver station as well.

So, I'm sure that's the case in most (if not all) NFL cities.

Dartgod
03-28-2006, 07:14 AM
I read an article on the Denver Post and it mentioned the NFL Network and said something about it being aired locally on a Denver station as well.

So, I'm sure that's the case in most (if not all) NFL cities..
I'm betting its just the Kansas City and Denver metro areas. Chiefs fans in bumf*** Arkansas without NFL Network will most likely be screwed.

Aries Walker
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
You know, the more I think about this arrangement, the more I like it. I'll get the NFL network by then, so I'm not worried about missing the game.

I do think this increases the visibility of the team, and improves the chances of them winning a big (potentially division-deciding) game against a perennial pain in our collective asses. I also think it's good for football to have a third game on Thanksgiving night.

I like Lamar.