PDA

View Full Version : And yet ANOTHER big name big impact wide receiver wants to play for the Chiefs....

Bowser
03-27-2006, 01:40 PM
According to the 610 Sports Rewind, Eric Moulds has interest in playing for KC. Anyone want to put a percentage on if he's in a Chiefs uni on opening day?

And they also said Carl was "willing to give up a high draft pick" for Joey Harrington.

Take above info with as much salt as you choose. At least it's football news. Kind of.

Demonpenz
03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
we will offer him the min and then he will to to a team that wants to win a sb. Not just keep the games from being blacked out

ct
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
My % guess would be 0.

58-4ever
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
According to the 610 Sports Rewind, Eric Moulds has interest in playing for KC. Anyone want to put a percentage on if he's in a Chiefs uni on opening day?

And they also said Carl was "willing to give up a high draft pick" for Joey Harrington.

Take above info with as much salt as you choose. At least it's football news. Kind of.

Another old player on the down side of his career. I don't think so. The emphasis has been on getting younger and I don't think Moulds is anywhere on Doppler Peterson. And if we give anything higher than a 5th for Joey, I will personally hunt Carl's ass down in the Plaza and kick him in the face.

Dunit35
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
0% chance of getting him I hope.

Eleazar
When good wideouts are beating down our door, we lock the deadbolt.

But, a monumental bust at QB is worth trading a 3rd round pick for.

You do the math.

jspchief
Peterson already said we're not really in the market for a WR.

sedated
03-27-2006, 01:47 PM
I would take Me-Shawn over Moulds any day.

at least KJohnson can go over the middle and will be some dependable hands (unlike a certain TE)

Moulds hasn't been the same since peerless price left BUF.

Skip Towne
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Another old player on the down side of his career. I don't think so. The emphasis has been on getting younger and I don't think Moulds is anywhere on Doppler Peterson. And if we give anything higher than a 5th for Joey, I will personally hunt Carl's ass down in the Plaza and kick him in the face.
Promises, promises

Brock

Pffft. :rolleyes:

ct
When good wideouts are beating down our door, we lock the deadbolt.

But, a monumental bust at QB is worth trading a 3rd round pick for.

You do the math.

ROFL

cookster50
03-27-2006, 01:49 PM
And if we give anything higher than a 5th for Joey, I will personally hunt Carl's ass down in the Plaza and kick him in the face.

Better get prepared to do some face kicking. We'll hold you to it win we give Detroit a 2nd rounder.

Bowser
03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Peterson already said we're not really in the market for a WR.

Well of course we're not. We're on the Eternal Quest for a Defensive Linemen and Defensive Back. And besides, we have future All-Pros Samie Parke and Craphonso Thorpe waiting in the wings. I can completely understand the logic of Carl.

Wait. No I can't.

MVChiefFan
03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
I think that the whole T.O. saga about him wanting to play for us and we "might" be interested is the main culprit for this. I think ever since then, any WR with any clout has been linked to us by the media. My opinion - a big fat 0.00% chance of him playing here.

Eleazar
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Better get prepared to do some face kicking. We'll hold you to it win we give Detroit a 2nd rounder.

I'm not the type to get pissed off about something the Chiefs do. I don't take sports that seriously. During the games I'm up yelling and screaming with everyone else and as hardcore as anyone, but I never get angry at a personnel move or who's starting over who or that kind of thing.

I WILL be extremely pissed off if we trade a 2nd rounder for Joey Harrington. Throw away a low round pick on him, fine. But with as many holes as we have to fill, and the quality of player that is usually available in the second round, it would be the most ridiculous personnel move in all of my time as a Chiefs fan.

I bet that you could pick a QB in the second round this year, pay them less, get a younger player who isn't damaged goods. Give me Charlie Whitehurst or something. Someone who at least has not demonstrated ad infinitum that they don't understand the game at the pro level.

2nd round pick is too much value. We can pick up good, young talent for that. The sheer lunacy of thinking Harrington is worth a 2nd round pick boggles the mind.

Cormac
03-27-2006, 01:58 PM
I would take Moulds over Meshawn or TO any day. TO isn't worth the headache, and Meshawn is pedestrian, IMO. Moulds is aging too, but it's him that made Peerless Price, not the other way around.

Having said that, I only care about adding to the D-line and replacing Warfield. Any other FA activity on our part is just ignoring the obvious, IMO. I think Parker will continue to improve this year.

sedated
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
2nd round pick is too much value. We can pick up good, young talent for that.

:rolleyes:

(billy bartee, junior siavii, kris wilson, eddie freeman)

some teams can get good, young talent

Nzoner
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM

One has to wonder why with those great qb's he's had lately.

58-4ever
03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I would take Moulds over Meshawn or TO any day. TO isn't worth the headache, and Meshawn is pedestrian, IMO. Moulds is aging too, but it's him that made Peerless Price, not the other way around.

Having said that, I only care about adding to the D-line and replacing Warfield. Any other FA activity on our part is just ignoring the obvious, IMO. I think Parker will continue to improve this year.

maybe we can just re-sign Warfield when he finds out that there is not much of a market for binge drinking DBs.

58-4ever
03-27-2006, 02:03 PM

those names and names like Trazelle Jenkins and Sylvester Morris make me cringe. :banghead:

JBucc
03-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I swear, if Carl pulls the trigger on this for anything better than our 5th I will poop myself. Now that I would beleive. Hunting him down and kicking his face though I'm not so sure about.

Cormac
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
maybe we can just re-sign Warfield when he finds out that there is not much of a market for binge drinking DBs.

I'd definitely go for that.

Eleazar
03-27-2006, 02:09 PM

Oh, right, the "2nd round jinx"... reminds me of the Penn State running back jinx... how'd that one work out?

Just because we've made bad selections in the past doesn't mean we should give up and never draft players in that round again.

You may need to lay off the leaf a little bit if you think Harrington is worth a #2.

Valiant
03-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Shit I still want them to go after javon walker over any other WR out there...