PDA

View Full Version : John McCargo

KCfanfromNC
03-27-2006, 02:53 PM
i understand that i'm from NC and this might be alittle NC bias, but i would love to see us get McCargo in the 2nd round. like i said before, i have some friends that play for n.c. state and they tell me that john McCargo might be the best "football" player out of the 3 (other two being manny lawson and mario williams). they tell me that obviously manny and mario are the better athletes, but the guys on the team have given McCargo the nickname "matrix" because of the moves he is able to pull off on offensive lineman. They say a man that big shouldnt be able to do the things he's able do, it just doesnt make sense (hints, the matrix). Anyways, he's a young player with a lot of upside, i would be happy if we got him or gabe watson in the 2nd round. i don't know if anyone else have payed attention to him, let me know what you think.

tyton75
03-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Posts like this is why I love the planet!

Mecca
03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't think we're gonna draft a DT this year unless one that's rated quite a bit higher than our pick falls in our laps.

KCfanfromNC
03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
yeah i agree mecca, but i think that if gabe watson or john McCargo were there when we picked in the 2nd round, in my opinion, both of those guys would be rated higher, more so in the favor of gabe watson cause he's already well known and john mccargo not so much

Frosty
03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
I think a lot of us on here are afraid of the "Ryan Sims effect". Sims played next to Peppers and looked great in college but didn't do so well without Peppers next to him in the pros.

KCfanfromNC
03-27-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah, i could see that, but call me crazy or an idiot, which ever or both, but i thought that at the beginning of the year before sims got hurt, i thought that he was looking pretty good and i was getting pretty excited that maybe he was finally coming around

Mr. Laz
03-27-2006, 06:06 PM
yeah, i could see that, but call me crazy or an idiot, which ever or both, but i thought that at the beginning of the year before sims got hurt, i thought that he was looking pretty good and i was getting pretty excited that maybe he was finally coming around
you and idiot!

it was hard choosing between the 2 options ... but i just went with my gut.

KCfanfromNC
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
so you like mccargo too?

jspchief
03-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I think a lot of us on here are afraid of the "Ryan Sims effect". Sims played next to Peppers and looked great in college but didn't do so well without Peppers next to him in the pros.That's my concern with McCargo.

I'd consider using a 3rd on him though.

KCfanfromNC
03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
mike mayock has him rated as his 5th best DT in the draft, and if we could get him in the 3rd round, id be really happy about that

Mr. Laz
03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
so you like mccargo too?
he's an interesting prospect...

i was just following your instructions :)

Ultra Peanut
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
mccargo pants are good 'cause you can put things in the mcpockets