PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Picked up my 06 Trailblazer Saturday!

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Well after long hours of looking at SUV's from just about EVERY manufacturer for the past two weeks my wife and I decided on an 06 Trailblazer.

recxjake if you are out there I will tell you this much. ANYONE that has a relative that has retired from a GM plant gets one hell of a discount on a new vehicle.

We never really looked at GM at first because of the Consumer reports. I have to say that the Trailblazer has come ALONG way in customer satisfaction from just a few years back till the last two years according to consumer reports.

Test drove a Honda CRV and it DID have nice throttle reponse as well as get up and go while on the move. But it was like riding in a cracker box for me.

I refuse to trade my comfort for MPG.

I am completely satisfied with this vehicle so far.

I will attach pics.

:D

Iowanian
03-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Did it come with a complimentary handjob, via Rexjake?

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
This is a pic of the new family addition. :)

recxjake
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Well after long hours of looking at SUV's from just about EVERY manufacturer for the past two weeks my wife and I decided on an 06 Trailblazer.

recxjake if you are out there I will tell you this much. ANYONE that has a relative that has retired from a GM plant gets one hell of a discount on a new vehicle.

We never really looked at GM at first because of the Consumer reports. I have to say that the Trailblazer has come ALONG way in customer satisfaction from just a few years back till the last two years according to consumer reports.

Test drove a Honda CRV and it DID have nice throttle reponse as well as get up and go while on the move. But it was like riding in a cracker box for me.

I refuse to trade my comfort for MPG.

I am completely satisfied with this vehicle so far.

I will attach pics.

yessss.... you are my new favorite person in the world....

congrats, just think you probably saved a union workers job for a few months!!!

yea the GM employee discount is great... usually 18% off, plus current incentives... and most importantly it gets rid of having to make a deal w/ those slimeballs...

ferrarispider95
03-27-2006, 09:14 PM
GMS is one helluva discount. Knocks about $7500 off a base Corvette, but not every dealership will take it.

Nice truck.

KCFalcon59
03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Well thanks!!! You could've at least stopped by and given your friend a ride. Looks nice. Disser.:)

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
No hand job from recxjake but GM bent over for me on this purchase! :hump:

Dunit35
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Nice ride...GM is a good choice.

KCFalcon59
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Looks like there is plenty of tailgating room. Tell the misses we won't dirty it up too much.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
rep for GM

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:21 PM

yea the GM employee discount is great... usually 18% off, plus current incentives... and most importantly it gets rid of having to make a deal w/ those slimeballs...

Dude do you remember GM having a price slash from the sticker back in January?

The dealer I went to located this one for us down in Oklahoma City.

It gets up here and and the price slash is 3K off from sticker.

Then they tell me the GMS pricing we get is OFF of the new slashed price and that is 3K MORE off of the sticker and then we got the Chevy $1K rebate PLUS it was eligible for the $1K March Madness sale.

That is $8K off of sticker BEFORE we put our downpayment on it.

I was happy and grinning ear to ear when I left there.

PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Looks like there is plenty of tailgating room. Tell the misses we won't dirty it up too much.

Yup ... Already told the WU that YOU and I would be taking this to a few games INCLUDING the Turkey Day evening game against the DONKS.

Well thanks!!! You could've at least stopped by and given your friend a ride. Looks nice. Disser.:)

Sorry man <hanging head> :doh!:

KChiefsQT
03-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I've been looking at 02-03 TB's... they're sweet rides.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I roll an '85 Suburban with less than 100k Miles on it

KCFalcon59
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Yup ... Already told the WU that YOU and I would be taking this to a few games INCLUDING the Turkey Day evening game against the DONKS.

:thumb::thumb:

Skip Towne
03-27-2006, 09:30 PM
And less than 10 miles per gallon I bet.

Kerberos
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM

The WU gets this vehicle and I drive the 94 Suburban we have that has 225K miles on it. Runs great...just needs tires and new tailpipe.

It has been synthetic for the last 100K miles in this beast to include engine oil, trans/transfer case fluid, axel oils and power steering fluid ALL synthetic.

Suburban would be my second choice after a full size pickup truck as what I like to drive if for nothing else the ROOM it has in it!

YUP... I can vouch that is EXACTLY what my 94 Suburban gets in town W/ or WO the AC running.

SLAG
03-27-2006, 09:35 PM

Its close to 8mpg :harumph:

:p

morphius
03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
recx has been sayint that they seriosly need to redo this line of vehicles, I'm so confused now.

The Bad Guy
03-27-2006, 10:07 PM
recx has been sayint that they seriosly need to redo this line of vehicles, I'm so confused now.

I don't have a problem with him like some, but he does say two different things in threads.

When I got my 03 envoy, he said it was a great purchase.

Next day, he's saying how the Envoys need to be redone.

Now he's doing the same thing.

Trailblazers are real nice. I just liked the body style of the Envoy's better.

Good luck with it.

Archie F. Swin
03-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Congrats! I hope it serves you well. I'll take delivery on my 1st new car EVAH Wednesday:)

morphius
03-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I don't have a problem with him like some, but he does say two different things in threads.

Good luck with it.
Yup, I caught all of that. I don't have a problem with him, but heck, I bust my best friend on that for a good chuckle.

I actually like the look of both vehicles, and even test drove the Trailblazer last summer when looking at vehicles. Gas millage was too poor (remember gas prices then) and I couldn't afford an 4x4 and didn't want 2 rear wheel drives in the household. The thing that really killed me, which is really kind of funny, was that the mirror was right in my line of site and I felt like I was missing half the front window because of it.

morphius
needs more money.

recxjake
03-27-2006, 10:37 PM

Good luck with it.

The demand for this type of SUV has really dropped.... so they are gonna do the new crossovers...

they are a very good suv.... but GM is redoing them with "crossovers" coming out this summer...

Buick Enclave
Saturn Outlook
GMC Acadia

They will also have the smaller SUV's ... Equinox, Torrent

And the Big SUV's.... Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade

The problem with the current trailblazer, Envoy, 9-7x, Rainer, is the interiors... they really arent up to par with the rest of the industry... also the engine could have some more muscle.... don't get me wrong, they are good..... but dated..

recxjake
03-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Here is the new Buick Enclave...

http://www.buick.com/enclave/

jjjayb
03-27-2006, 10:44 PM

Piss up a rope Jake. Watch who you call slimeballs. I work just as hard as your dad. Except I'm not bankrupting the company with a bunch of dead weight.

The Bad Guy
03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
The demand for this type of SUV has really dropped.... so they are gonna do the new crossovers...

they are a very good suv.... but GM is redoing them with "crossovers" coming out this summer...

Buick Enclave
Saturn Outlook
GMC Acadia

They will also have the smaller SUV's ... Equinox, Torrent

And the Big SUV's.... Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade

The problem with the current trailblazer, Envoy, 9-7x, Rainer, is the interiors... they really arent up to par with the rest of the industry... also the engine could have some more muscle.... don't get me wrong, they are good..... but dated..

The interior on the trailblazer was god awful that I test drove. Awful. I actually really like the gray interior on the Envoy very much. I think 4.2 liter, 275 (i think that's what my envoy has) is plenty of muscle for me.

From the nightmares I had with the 2002 Saturn Vue I had prior, I'm happy to have a car that's been out a while. The Vue only pumped out 185 HP.

Since it was the first year for the Vue, I had TONS of problems. Suspension creeking, steering wheel basically falling apart, transmission slipping, stabalizer bars out of position, extremely noisy cabin, creeking everywhere from the hatchback to the seats. I had the car in for repairs 16 times in 2 years.

I kicked myself every day for buying a first-year Vue. I can't believe I got 11,500 on a trade in on it.

Regardless, I'm completely satisfied with the Envoy. Rides great, has great features, gas is a bitch, but I knew that when I got it.

recxjake
03-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Piss up a rope Jake. Watch who you call slimeballs. I work just as hard as your dad. Except I'm not bankrupting the company with a bunch of dead weight.

you know what you are very right... i am sorry.... its not the dealers, or the dealer workers i am mad it... it is GM and the auto industry for having made dealerships they way they are....

i believe that all dealerships should be like Saturn where the price is the price... you don't make deals for bread at the grocery store, or ask the guy at finishline that you want 15 bucks off the shoes you wanna buy...

no haggle pricing would make the dealership experience much better

recxjake
03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
The interior on the trailblazer was god awful that I test drove. Awful. I actually really like the gray interior on the Envoy very much. I think 4.2 liter, 275 (i think that's what my envoy has) is plenty of muscle for me.

From the nightmares I had with the 2002 Saturn Vue I had prior, I'm happy to have a car that's been out a while. The Vue only pumped out 185 HP.

Since it was the first year for the Vue, I had TONS of problems. Suspension creeking, steering wheel basically falling apart, transmission slipping, stabalizer bars out of position, extremely noisy cabin, creeking everywhere from the hatchback to the seats. I had the car in for repairs 16 times in 2 years.

I kicked myself every day for buying a first-year Vue. I can't believe I got 11,500 on a trade in on it.

Regardless, I'm completely satisfied with the Envoy. Rides great, has great features, gas is a bitch, but I knew that when I got it.

the new Vue's are much better, they are coming out with the Saturn Vue Greenline this summer which is a hybrid..... way cheaper then anyother hybrid out there by 3,000! Also gets around 31 MPG i believe...

im happy you like the Envoy.... my dad has had 2 of them and he really liked them too

recxjake
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM

did the bug shield come with the car?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-27-2006, 11:58 PM
why would you put money down on a car? especially a GM car?

recxjake
03-28-2006, 12:25 AM

why do you breathe

svuba
03-28-2006, 12:25 AM
you know what you are very right... i am sorry.... its not the dealers, or the dealer workers i am mad it... it is GM and the auto industry for having made dealerships they way they are....

i believe that all dealerships should be like Saturn where the price is the price... you don't make deals for bread at the grocery store, or ask the guy at finishline that you want 15 bucks off the shoes you wanna buy...

no haggle pricing would make the dealership experience much better

It's not the salesmans fault that the stickers prices are so inflated over what they will really sell the vehicle for. He's just doing his job trying to make a few bucks. I don't know why so many people are afraid to talk to sales people. Most of them are not that pushy if you just know what you are looking for, the price you are willing to pay, and don't act like you are scared of them.

Fat Elvis
03-28-2006, 12:40 AM
why do you breathe

You moron, don't you know that financing a depreciating asset is completely stupid? (Apparently not.)

Since GM cars/trucks or whatever they are depreciate faster than other makes and models, financing makes even less sense. Why not just piss money down the toilet?

Dopes like you wind up upside down on what they owe on the car the moment they drive it off the lot.

luv
03-28-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm guessing that GMC must own Chevrolet, because that's who makes the Trailblazer.

Fat Elvis
03-28-2006, 12:44 AM
BTW, congrats on the new car. I hope you enjoy it and get lots of miles out of it. :clap:

Miles
03-28-2006, 01:02 AM
Here is the new Buick Enclave...

http://www.buick.com/enclave/

That actually doesn't look bad at all even though its a few years behind on innovation. Though they badly need to ditch that Buick front grill.

Kerberos
03-28-2006, 05:45 AM

My wife got a years subscription to consumer reports online and after comparing EVERY SUV we were looking at against each other the few problems I had with the Envoy are these:

The base sticker prices for comparable vehicles started 3K OVER the Trailblazer all the way to the top of the line which ended 3K to 4K over the top price of the Trailblazer.... But get this:

The Trailblazer out performed the Envoy in most of the consumer reports tests to Include:

0-60mph times
on the fly to 60mph times
Braking distance from 60mph to dead stop time was MORE on the Envoy.
Customer satisfaction was considerably LOWER with Envoy owners.
Even the estimated depriciation was WORSE on the Envoy.

I could keep going as the list was longer but these were the major selling points for me to buy the Trailblazer.

Correct me if I am wrong but I would have bet money that these two vehicles would be on the same Chassis but with conflicting reports like this I would have to say it ain't so?

The 06 Trailblazer hasn't been reviewed by Consumer Reports yet and if they keep true to form the 06 should score HIGHER than the 05 and it was LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of 2001-2004 models in EVERY catagory.

IMO from what I have read the 01-04 Trailblazer got some of the WORST rating of any vehicle made in those years. Customer Satisfaction on those were so low I don't know how GM/Chevrolet got out of that hole?

But as long as GM IMPROVES on thier vehicles in this way I don't have a problem buying one as long as I get the GMS pricing!

HemiEd
03-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow, they have really made that a good looking vehichle! Congrats, nice choice! :thumb:

Kerberos
03-28-2006, 07:29 AM
did the bug shield come with the car?

Nope. Bug shield and vent shades on the doors were a must for the WU as our Suburban has those and she really like them. So we had them install OEM bug gaurd and vent shades.

The only other things I wish I could have afforded at purchase were stock splash gaurds and tubular running boards, and the DVD entertainment package to keep the kid at bay for the next few years.

Although looking at aftermarket DVD systems that mount to the roof are much cheaper and I got friends that do those kinds of installs for a living and would do it for a modest price. WU wants to get one of those portable ones and mount it to the back of the front seat. I say go for the overhead with drop down screen and buy a portable to take on trips for the hotel room. The wireless headsets are worth thier weight in gold as far as I am concerned.

Uh..... Because it made my payments LESS ?? :shrug:

Radar Chief
03-28-2006, 07:46 AM

Nice look’n Mall Cruiser. :thumb:

chief52
03-28-2006, 07:56 AM
The only other things I wish I could have afforded at purchase were stock splash gaurds and tubular running boards, and the DVD entertainment package to keep the kid at bay for the next few years.

Hey, Splash guards are cheap, easy to install and well worth it. I have put them on my last three vehicles. I think the ones for my 2005 Chevy Z 71 were about $30 a piece and install with two screws. Well worth it. Saves the paint and keeps the mud/splash off the clean vehicle.

Much cheaper to buy them through a parts store than the dealer...

Eleazar
03-28-2006, 08:08 AM

Nice truck!

But, I will say this... a car dealer never gets bent over.

Brock
03-28-2006, 08:10 AM
I'll be more impressed if you still feel this way in 24 months.

CanadianChief
03-28-2006, 08:16 AM
What are the MSRP on the Trailblazers in the US? The base model is listed at $31,595 up here in Canada.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
Rex....you can lick my cornhole for all I care. GM cars depreciate FASTER than any other major auto company. Why throw good money after bad? I know you are a GM fan but if you can accurately explain why GM vehicles fall faster in trade-in or private sale value then I will listen to you. Until then, shut the hell up.

why do you breathe

Eleazar
03-28-2006, 09:12 AM

Eh... make it 48.

There should be some kind of a metric on these car sites that measures how the car holds up over the time it takes a typical owner to pay it off.

Kerberos
03-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Eh... make it 48.

There should be some kind of a metric on these car sites that measures how the car holds up over the time it takes a typical owner to pay it off.

That is why I got the Bumper to Bumper extended warranty to make it 6year 75K miles.

The way the WU and I drive it will be 6 years before we rack up 75K almost gauranteed.

Had to buy the extended because we got GMS pricing on that as well if you buy it when you do the paperwork. $500 more without GMS pricing. And it will go up $400 more than that if I wait till next year to buy it so I saved $900 buying it NOW instead of later.

Also got Upside Down insurance. They took 1.75 % OFF the interest rate for me if I took the insurance and it made my payment not .01 more than if I didn't take it so I said OK.

journeyscarab
03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Change the oil every 3,000 miles (Just in case your manual tells you every 7500 or six months).

Looks like a sweet ride. I am saving my coin for a Sequoia.

DJJasonp
03-28-2006, 09:47 AM
My girlfriend has an '05 and loves it. It's quite a nice ride (the Trailblazer, that is...)

Eleazar
03-28-2006, 09:59 AM
That is why I got the Bumper to Bumper extended warranty to make it 6year 75K miles.

The way the WU and I drive it will be 6 years before we rack up 75K almost gauranteed.

Had to buy the extended because we got GMS pricing on that as well if you buy it when you do the paperwork. $500 more without GMS pricing. And it will go up $400 more than that if I wait till next year to buy it so I saved $900 buying it NOW instead of later.

Also got Upside Down insurance. They took 1.75 % OFF the interest rate for me if I took the insurance and it made my payment not .01 more than if I didn't take it so I said OK.

I got a really sick deal on an extended warranty when I bought my last car. I went through a friend, but you can find great deals on the internet for them. Got a really good price on a 100k mile warranty, everything included but paint and glass, basically. And I don't have to go to a dealer for service either, you can take it anywhere.

burt
03-28-2006, 10:02 AM

Thanks a lot. My dad didn't send me to law school with HIS millions in the bank, I have to EARN a living.

Dale Mercer
Sales Manager
Chevrolet

StcChief
03-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Hope it works out....

Two of Three people I know that bought previous years had alot of issues with Trailblazer.

recxjake
03-28-2006, 10:08 AM
My wife got a years subscription to consumer reports online and after comparing EVERY SUV we were looking at against each other the few problems I had with the Envoy are these:

The base sticker prices for comparable vehicles started 3K OVER the Trailblazer all the way to the top of the line which ended 3K to 4K over the top price of the Trailblazer.... But get this:

The Trailblazer out performed the Envoy in most of the consumer reports tests to Include:

0-60mph times

I could keep going as the list was longer but these were the major selling points for me to buy the Trailblazer.

Correct me if I am wrong but I would have bet money that these two vehicles would be on the same Chassis but with conflicting reports like this I would have to say it ain't so?

The 06 Trailblazer hasn't been reviewed by Consumer Reports yet and if they keep true to form the 06 should score HIGHER than the 05 and it was LEAPS and BOUNDS ahead of 2001-2004 models in EVERY catagory.

IMO from what I have read the 01-04 Trailblazer got some of the WORST rating of any vehicle made in those years. Customer Satisfaction on those were so low I don't know how GM/Chevrolet got out of that hole?

But as long as GM IMPROVES on thier vehicles in this way I don't have a problem buying one as long as I get the GMS pricing!

they are on the same chassis.... the did do some refining to the saab 9-7x though.... I'd guess the envoy and trailblazer are 95% the same....... keep us posted on how that baby runs

recxjake
03-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks a lot. My dad didn't send me to law school with HIS millions in the bank, I have to EARN a living.

Dale Mercer
Sales Manager
Chevrolet

i already appoligized for saying that..... I personally have never had a bad experience with car dealers.... but i know many people who have.... my grandpa won't even go in a GM dealership anymore.... sadly a few bad eggs have made the whole dealership world sound bad....

in the future i would not be surprised if GM moves to no haggle pricing.... just like Saturn... throughout the entire GM lineup....

the salespeople should only focus on the qualities of the car, not how much you have to pay each month

recxjake
03-28-2006, 10:13 AM
That actually doesn't look bad at all even though its a few years behind on innovation. Though they badly need to ditch that Buick front grill.

yea i really like the enclave.... the GMC Acadia is supposed to be even better...

the next big thing at GM is Saturn.... they have some awesome cars coming out....

Saturn Sky
Saturn Aura
Saturn Outlook
redesigned Vue
hybrid Vue

burt
03-28-2006, 10:20 AM
i already appoligized for saying that..... I personally have never had a bad experience with car dealers.... but i know many people who have.... my grandpa won't even go in a GM dealership anymore.... sadly a few bad eggs have made the whole dealership world sound bad....

in the future i would not be surprised if GM moves to no haggle pricing.... just like Saturn... throughout the entire GM lineup....

the salespeople should only focus on the qualities of the car, not how much you have to pay each month

Never Happen. Lots of dealers tried it and sales went DOWN. And if you think Saturn is no haggle, you are sorely mistaken. Take a trade in there and you will find that they are plenty negotiable.

Your apology is accepted... but let me ask you another question..who is held in greater disdain, Lawyers, or Car Salesmen?

recxjake
03-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Never Happen. Lots of dealers tried it and sales went DOWN. And if you think Saturn is no haggle, you are sorely mistaken. Take a trade in there and you will find that they are plenty negotiable.

Your apology is accepted... but let me ask you another question..who is held in greater disdain, Lawyers, or Car Salesmen?

haha i bet a lawyer

Kerberos
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Change the oil every 3,000 miles (Just in case your manual tells you every 7500 or six months).

Looks like a sweet ride. I am saving my coin for a Sequoia.

I would change it every 3K no matter what as that is what I have always done. EXCEPT my suburban because I use AMSOIL Synthetic and I change it once a year or every 25K by thier standards. Just change the oil filter at 6 months and it doesn't burn a drop. If anything at 225K miles it has started leaking a little.

Sequoia LOOKED damn nice when we looked at it but I can see why you need to save coin..... F*** that was high dollar ... got sticker shock just looking at it.

Frosty
03-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I got a really sick deal on an extended warranty when I bought my last car. I went through a friend, but you can find great deals on the internet for them. Got a really good price on a 100k mile warranty, everything included but paint and glass, basically. And I don't have to go to a dealer for service either, you can take it anywhere.

A good place to get GM extended warrantys is Black's GMOutlet. (http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm) You can get new car prices up to one year/12,000 miles. It is the GM Protection Plan, not some aftermarket warranty.

Extended warrantys are one of the things people get really screwed on. They rarely research what a good price is and fall for the "this is the only time you can get this great price" line. Warrantys are completely negotiable and you can buy a manufacturer's extended warranty from any dealer and have it honored by any dealer.

When I bought my wife's Honda CR-V in January, they tried selling me a 8 year/120,000 no deductible warranty for $2400. They went through the whole "gotta buy it now" song and dance. I didn't get it but looked on line later and could get the same HondaCare warranty for $1085 from Bernoudi Honda or host of other places up until 6 months/6000 miles.

The Bad Guy
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM

0-60mph times

Well, whoever participated in the reports were retards.

The vehicles are exactly the same except for body style and some small features.

The Bad Guy
03-28-2006, 10:57 AM
A good place to get GM extended warrantys is Black's GMOutlet. (http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm) You can get new car prices up to one year/12,000 miles. It is the GM Protection Plan, not some aftermarket warranty.

Extended warrantys are one of the things people get really screwed on. They rarely research what a good price is and fall for the "this is the only time you can get this great price" line. Warrantys are completely negotiable and you can buy a manufacturer's extended warranty from any dealer and have it honored by any dealer.

When I bought my wife's Honda CR-V in January, they tried selling me a 8 year/120,000 no deductible warranty for $2400. They went through the whole "gotta buy it now" song and dance. I didn't get it but looked on line later and could get the same HondaCare warranty for $1085 from Bernoudi Honda or host of other places up until 6 months/6000 miles.

Good info.

I was able to get a 2 year, 24K warranty for 500 on the 03 I purchased.

I probably could have done better, but I decided just to purchase it.

Kerberos
03-28-2006, 10:59 AM

The WU did all the research on the extended BtoB warranty. The GMS pricing on the warranty was EXTREMELY lower than base price for everyone else. It is JUST like GMS pricing on the vehicle ... THERE is no haggling price on GMS pricing, even on the Warranty, if I am not mistaken? And I could be? :shrug:

Frosty
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
I would change it every 3K no matter what as that is what I have always done. EXCEPT my suburban because I use AMSOIL Synthetic and I change it once a year or every 25K by thier standards. Just change the oil filter at 6 months and it doesn't burn a drop. If anything at 225K miles it has started leaking a little.

3K oil changes are unnecessary and wasteful with modern engines and modern oil, unless you are doing heavy duty towing or purely stop and go driving. Check out the Bob is the Oil Guy (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/) site for research on that. The places that sell oil changes sure like to push that frequency though.

Saulbadguy
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Congrats on your new Toyota in 2009!

Frosty
03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
The WU did all the research on the extended BtoB warranty. The GMS pricing on the warranty was EXTREMELY lower than base price for everyone else. It is JUST like GMS pricing on the vehicle ... THERE is no haggling price on GMS pricing, even on the Warranty, if I am not mistaken? And I could be? :shrug:

You could always request a quote from GMOutlet and find out if it was a good price? Or just be happy with what you got and don't worry about it. :) I was just throwing that info out for anyone interested.

Kerberos
03-29-2006, 08:39 AM
You could always request a quote from GMOutlet and find out if it was a good price? Or just be happy with what you got and don't worry about it. :) I was just throwing that info out for anyone interested.

You were right :banghead:

I could have gotten 25K MORE miles with same years. 6/100,000 for $250 less than what I got 6/75,000 Bumper to Bumper. :deevee:

I guess it could have been WORSE. I could have paid the $1,800 that was list on the extended from the dealer.

Thanks for the link and I will probably use that in the future. :thumb:

Brock
03-29-2006, 08:45 AM

I could have gotten 25K MORE miles with same years. 6/100,000 for $250 less than what I got 6/75,000 Bumper to Bumper. :deevee:

I guess it could have been WORSE. I could have paid the $1,800 that was list on the extended from the dealer.

Thanks for the link and I will probably use that in the future. :thumb:

I'd go raise hell with the dealer.

Frosty
03-29-2006, 09:38 AM

You might check if there is a cancellation period. I know you can cancel a HondaCare warranty anytime and get a prorated refund (which, if brand new, is full refund). I don't know if you can do this with the GMPP, though. You might give them a call. Just make sure that, if you do cancel, you can still buy it at new prices from somewhere else.

journeyscarab
03-29-2006, 09:47 AM
ROFL :p

morphius
03-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Well, whoever participated in the reports were retards.

The vehicles are exactly the same except for body style and some small features.
I could see the Envoy being a bit heavier, which would effect its stopping distance and acceleration, but probably give it a smoother ride. As far as the customer satisfaction it could be any number of things, but when you pay that much more you tend to have higher expectations as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Congratulations on ass-raping the environment for "comfort". Having driven my mom's '05 CRV several times, I can honestly say that any such talk about the Trailblazer being all that more comfortable the CRV is disconnected from reality. To each his own, I guess.

vailpass
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
Congratulations on ass-raping the environment for "comfort". Having driven my mom's '05 CRV several times, I can honestly say that any such talk about the Trailblazer being all that more comfortable the CRV is disconnected from reality. To each his own, I guess.

Shouldn't you be standing in front of a bulldozer on the Gaza Strip, putting your money where your mouth is?

Frosty
03-29-2006, 10:28 AM

We just bought an '06 CR-V. I'm only 5'11" and have fairly short legs but still have to have the seat all the way back when I drive. We really like it and it has a lot of room for its size but I could easily see where someone would need to go bigger.

We also only get 22 mpg (27 highway) with a 2wd version, so it's not like it's miles ahead, mileage wise. I get 18-20 mpg with my full-size 4WD pickup ('05 Silverado EC).

Kerberos
03-29-2006, 10:36 AM

Tell ya what ..... you can bring your tree hugging ass on over here and KISS MY GAS GUZZLING AZZ all day long! 4321

I am 6'2 and I weigh 300+ lbs

Now if you think I am going to squeeze my ass into a CR-V everytime the family wants to take a trip down the road and sit Uncomfortable as hell well you can borrow a crack pipe and smoke till you can see my point.

And if you THINK the CR-V is anything NEAR the comfort of my Trailblazer then YOU have no reality and are already smoking too much crack.

I test drove both so I know better.

That dog won't hunt!

Stryker
03-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I would have chosen this in the same class...

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/toyota_4runner_sr54x4v6_2006/18165/style_slideshow.html;_ylt=AtZ2YAgGtFmTaGyMrGj8mSq6C8oF?i=exdrvrsd&a=all#imgs

Stryker
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Or this over considering a Honda CRV...

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/toyota_rav4_basev64x2_2006/18750/style_overview.html;_ylt=AoJBXNCHUE1pbXOcryNXZ8W0fb8F

journeyscarab
03-29-2006, 10:44 AM

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/toyota_rav4_basev64x2_2006/18750/style_overview.html;_ylt=AoJBXNCHUE1pbXOcryNXZ8W0fb8F

I'm driving a 2006 RAV4 as a rental while my Sienna is in the shop - IT ROCKS!

If I didn't have 5 kids - I'd consider this for a second vehicle. Very nice ride and seems very roomy for its size.

Stryker
03-29-2006, 10:46 AM
You moron, don't you know that financing a depreciating asset is completely stupid? (Apparently not.)

Since GM cars/trucks or whatever they are depreciate faster than other makes and models, financing makes even less sense. Why not just piss money down the toilet?

Dopes like you wind up upside down on what they owe on the car the moment they drive it off the lot.

DING! DING! DING! YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! :thumb:

Stryker
03-29-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm driving a 2006 RAV4 as a rental while my Sienna is in the shop - IT ROCKS!

If I didn't have 5 kids - I'd consider this for a second vehicle. Very nice ride and seems very roomy for its size.

I am bias because I work for Toyota. You should drive the V6 Limited version. It is very nice.

Kerberos
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM

I actually test drove the new RAV4. It is bigger and roomier on the 06 than it was on the 05. The only thing that kept me from looking any further was the fact that when the WU and I got all the options we wanted on it the price tag was OVER $31K.

I will tell you honestly that there were a few different vehicles I would have chosen over the Trailblazer if it hadn't been for the GMS pricing and the rebates. The Honda Pilot was our next choice and the price on it with simalar features as the Trailblazer was $33K sticker priced.

Had to go with best price, bang for the buck and that was the vehicle we purchased.

Stryker
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
I actually test drove the new RAV4. It is bigger and roomier on the 06 than it was on the 05. The only thing that kept me from looking any further was the fact that when the WU and I got all the options we wanted on it the price tag was OVER $31K.

I will tell you honestly that there were a few different vehicles I would have chosen over the Trailblazer if it hadn't been for the GMS pricing and the rebates. The Honda Pilot was our next choice and the price on it with simalar features as the Trailblazer was $33K sticker priced.

Had to go with best price, bang for the buck and that was the vehicle we purchased.

I can truly understand that. The problem with the Rav4 is the fact that it is still relatively new therefor no incentives are offered. The demand is still great so they sell at close to MSRP. Did you have a trade? You said you also had a down payment. The right salesman would have gotten you in at less than you think.

journeyscarab
03-29-2006, 11:00 AM

Sounds like you did the right thing for you. Enjoy!

Stryker
03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
It is a good looking vehicle. My dad is actually driving his second one. His is blue. Enjoy your new TB! :thumb:

Kerberos
03-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I can truly understand that. The problem with the Rav4 is the fact that it is still relatively new therefor no incentives are offered. The demand is still great so they sell at close to MSRP. Did you have a trade? You said you also had a down payment. The right salesman would have gotten you in at less than you think.

Sent you a PM so you can see if Toyota could get near a deal like the one I got.

svuba
03-29-2006, 12:39 PM

Stryker:

We are looking for a runabout that is smaller than our pilot to do all the Soccer/ Tennis / Judo etc etc Kid hauling on short trips around town. We have a Pilot and it is great, but a little overkill for two people making many short trips around town. The Old Rav-4 was perfect for that, much smaller than the pilot/ trailblazer/ explorer/ 4runners. but easy to load a couple of kids into, and small enough to get great gas milage.

To me it seams that the new Rav4 might be getting too Big/ gas thirsty, and is now not so much smaller than a highlander/ 4runner. whats your take?

Stryker
03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Stryker:

We are looking for a runabout that is smaller than our pilot to do all the Soccer/ Tennis / Judo etc etc Kid hauling on short trips around town. We have a Pilot and it is great, but a little overkill for two people making many short trips around town. The Old Rav-4 was perfect for that, much smaller than the pilot/ trailblazer/ explorer/ 4runners. but easy to load a couple of kids into, and small enough to get great gas milage.

To me it seams that the new Rav4 might be getting too Big/ gas thirsty, and is now not so much smaller than a highlander/ 4runner. whats your take?

svuba

22/30 is not bad gas milage by any means. Toyota has increased the size for comfort. The back seats actually recline 15 degrees. Keep in mind also that a 4 cyl in a Toyota has the same power as a V6 in a domestic. My opinion is simple...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I do not like the 3rd row seat but, it will seat 5 people comfortably. No 3rd row seat is an option. Toyota has the highest resale value of any other vehicle with Honda second and believe it or not, a Jeep (Wrangler) is 3rd!

Not just my opinion, A FACT.

Kerberos
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
....... keep us posted on how that baby runs

Well it RUNS GREAT if I can get it started. :banghead:

Battery is DEAD... I had to Jump Start it for my wife so she could get home from work.

I have a feeling this vehicle sat on a lot down in Oklahoma for a few months without starting or moving and now the battery has taken a hiatus.

Holm Chevrolet in Abilene KS is where I bought it and I will give them one thing, I called and told them what was wrong and the lot had a salesman stay till I got there (20 miles away) and got me into a loaner till tomorrow.

I of course will call them in the morning and have them fix a few of the things I found that need attention. Nothing big just a few little things that will take no more time in getting it back. But might as well have them look at them while it is already there.

Toyota has the highest resale value of any other vehicle with Honda second and believe it or not, a Jeep (Wrangler) is 3rd!

I guess that means something if you buy new every few years but my wife and I have the idea that we are going to buy it and drive it till it quits. No need for resale value if that is the idea in mind. If you didn't see my previous post about my 94 Suburban it has 225K miles and still running strong. Replaced the rear axle on it and power steering pump and that IS ALL for major parts replaced. Worth next to nothing as a trade but I will drive it till it won't drive anymore. :D

Stryker
03-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Well it RUNS GREAT if I can get it started. :banghead:

Battery is DEAD... I had to Jump Start it for my wife so she could get home from work.

I have a feeling this vehicle sat on a lot down in Oklahoma for a few months without starting or moving and now the battery has taken a hiatus.

Holm Chevrolet in Abilene KS is where I bought it and I will give them one thing, I called and told them what was wrong and the lot had a salesman stay till I got there (20 miles away) and got me into a loaner till tomorrow.

I of course will call them in the morning and have them fix a few of the things I found that need attention. Nothing big just a few little things that will take no more time in getting it back. But might as well have them look at them while it is already there.

I guess that means something if you buy new every few years but my wife and I have the idea that we are going to buy it and drive it till it quits. No need for resale value if that is the idea in mind. If you didn't see my previous post about my 94 Suburban it has 225K miles and still running strong. Replaced the rear axle on it and power steering pump and that IS ALL for major parts replaced. Worth next to nothing as a trade but I will drive it till it won't drive anymore. :D

I answered your PM. Hope the info helps!

burt
03-29-2006, 08:33 PM
svuba

22/30 is not bad gas milage by any means. Toyota has increased the size for comfort. The back seats actually recline 15 degrees. Keep in mind also that a 4 cyl in a Toyota has the same power as a V6 in a domestic. My opinion is simple...YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I do not like the 3rd row seat but, it will seat 5 people comfortably. No 3rd row seat is an option. Toyota has the highest resale value of any other vehicle with Honda second and believe it or not, a Jeep (Wrangler) is 3rd!

Hey Hot Rod.....fact according to who? NADA, Edmunds, Blue Book, Black Book? Seems to me, there are a lot of sources...and all are opinions. I think you might just have mixed up the words fact and opinion.....

just MY opinion, I might be wrong.

Kerberos
03-30-2006, 08:35 AM
Hey Hot Rod.....fact according to who? NADA, Edmunds, Blue Book, Black Book? Seems to me, there are a lot of sources...and all are opinions. I think you might just have mixed up the words fact and opinion.....

Please correct me if I am wrong. I was under the impression that NADA, Kelly Blue Book etc all use current trade in values GIVEN as well as sales PRICES of particular types and models and gives the average in those #'s that were given???

I would think if anything the average resale valued gets LOWERED in some ways by a dealer that takes adavatage of some poor shlep that doesn't know any better and trades his car in for 1/3 of the value that some other dealer might have given him on trade?

Point in fact.

1994 October ... I am driving along in Topeka and see the TRUCK I am going to buy sitting on a lot. Brand NEW 95 Dodge Ram Ext Cab 4x4. One of the FIRST ext. Cab Dodge trucks in NE Kansas.

I start to deal on this and my slimeball sales man just keeps giving me a difference price instead of WHAT THE HELL I am getting for my trade in as I keep asking him. Finally I have to get blunt and say OK the difference is THIS much the sticker is this much PLEASE give me a pen and paper so I can see exactly what you are giving me for trade on my current pickup (88Ford F150 4x4 ext Cab)

Well he was giving me $1800 trade. I told him to give me my keys becaue I felt insulted. Long story short we went back and forth for 3 hours and he finally ASKED me the question he should have asked in the first place.

"How much do I want for my truck"?

I wanted $8K and not a penny less.

If memory serves me correct we comprimised on $7600.

Point being if I was a DUMB ASS and let him give me the $1800 trade then it offsets the average in a BAD way for the next guy trying to get a decent trade in value according to NADA or Kelly BB.

If I am wrong on those #'s being a national average on trade in's and sales prices then correct me and I am wrong.

Otherwise the average IS only as good as every buyer getting what his trade in is worth?

:shrug:

Kerberos
04-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Well it has been a year since my purchase and I wanted to comment on my experience with this purchase.

1st things 1st. I want to extend my appology to htismaqe and some of the others I talked sh!t on when dwelling on MPG and thier claims of getting better than what thier vehicles stickers rated them. As I still don't think you can get double digits better gas milage than sticker advertises I do however have proven results from my recent trip from Kansas to Michigan that I was able to get .7 MPG better than what my sticker was rated. 22 HWY MPG was the rating on my sticker and on the way home I was getting 22.7 MPG AVERAGE from there and back home was 21.69. Keep in mind the trip home was in IDEAL conditions with NO AC and NO Defrost running and nice cool clear days.

2nd thing. I have had no major problems with my purchase to date but then again I only have 8K miles on it and 2K of that coming from my trip to Michigan. My experience with the GM dealer in Abilene KS has been OUTSTANDING and I have never had a better relationship or experience AFTER the sale than I have had with them. I suggest anyone in Northeast KS to give them a shot when buying a new or used vehicle.

3rd thing recxjake may be a huge pain in the ass at times but I do think he has a point in ONE THING. GM is trying thier damdest to get thier customer service and appreciation factor BACK UP among the top 3. If they continue to keep innovation and customer satisfaction thier priority I have no problem buying a new GM from them again in the future. I have had 3 mojor GM surveys come to me in the last 6 months asking my opinions from every major catagory that I have had to deal with my dealer and GM in general. I have bought brand new FORDS and DODGE vehicles in the last 12 years and not had these kind of things asked of my after getting my car serviced or repaired at the dealer. (had new bumper and assembly installed after jackass backed into me at a carwash).
edit: I had phone calls from Michigan GM telling me I had these surveys coming and asked that I please take the time to fill them out.

Last thing.. all in all I have had a great customer experience with my 06 Trailblazer. I held out on my comments till now because when I first bought it my MPG were down in the LOW teens for the first 5K miles and from everything I have read that is NOT uncommon. If I had to do it again I would. I would probably have looked at one or two different models a little more intensly but for the most part I am satisfied with this purchase.

recxjake
04-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Good.

Kerberos
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM

Depreciation on a 3 year old AMERICAN made SUV is more than 20K under sticker.

It is more than 24 months but I have to say I won't buy a GM SUV again.

Lesson learned.

You ain't far off from this Saul. Not far off at all.

aturnis
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Kerberos,

Hope the '06 is better than the '04. My girlfriend has one, it is a poorly designed vehicle. There are just too many problems to note them all. The worst though, is that the battery is undersized, so in the Iowa winters, the battery goes bad A LOT. Also, another annoying/dangerous one is that the windshield wipers, even when brand new, are less than effective. They miss a lot of spots and streak like a mo-fo.

Kerberos
02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Kerberos,

Hope the '06 is better than the '04. My girlfriend has one, it is a poorly designed vehicle. There are just too many problems to note them all. The worst though, is that the battery is undersized, so in the Iowa winters, the battery goes bad A LOT. Also, another annoying/dangerous one is that the windshield wipers, even when brand new, are less than effective. They miss a lot of spots and streak like a mo-fo.

If you look at the consumer reports it gave the 01 through 04 Trailblazers the worst rating of ANY GM vehicle made in those years. 05 was leaps and bounds above the 04 and my 06 really hasn't given me a lot of problems. What bothers the hell out of me is the 20K to 25K in depreciation in that amount of time.

Should have bought a Honda or a Toyota. :banghead:

blueballs
02-09-2009, 04:12 PM
REBUMP

L.A. Chieffan
02-09-2009, 04:18 PM
as a laker fan i would never drive or ride in a vehicle named trailblazer

Demonpenz
02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
After arvydas sabonis my family and i said never again

burt
02-09-2009, 04:46 PM
If you look at the consumer reports it gave the 01 through 04 Trailblazers the worst rating of ANY GM vehicle made in those years. 05 was leaps and bounds above the 04 and my 06 really hasn't given me a lot of problems. What bothers the hell out of me is the 20K to 25K in depreciation in that amount of time.

Should have bought a Honda or a Toyota. :banghead:

Have you checked current Honda or Toyota resale? They aren't much better, the economy has bottomed out the used car market. If a dealer is afraid thet he won't be in business in 6 months, he isn't sending any ont to the auction. The lack of buyers at the auction drives resale down. and down. and down.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2009, 06:02 PM
You ain't far off from this Saul. Not far off at all.
Never doubt me. Never.

Kerberos
02-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Have you checked current Honda or Toyota resale? They aren't much better, the economy has bottomed out the used car market. If a dealer is afraid thet he won't be in business in 6 months, he isn't sending any ont to the auction. The lack of buyers at the auction drives resale down. and down. and down.

I suppose if you look at from the point of "HOW much I paid" less from the full sticker to the amount of depreciation I would be really mad had I bought a Toyota or Honda and paid JUST under the sticker price. (I have always been told that Toyota and Honda dealers don't deal much on sticker price?)

That being said it just tells me that buying a BRAND NEW vehicle off the lot is probably the worst investment you can make.(duh!) Buying same vehicle 2 years old seems to be the better bargain if you don't feel like taking it in the shorts buying a new car and making payments.

Never doubt me. Never.

:LOL: ROFL you mr. Funnyman!

burt
02-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I suppose if you look at from the point of "HOW much I paid" less from the full sticker to the amount of depreciation I would be really mad had I bought a Toyota or Honda and paid JUST under the sticker price. (I have always been told that Toyota and Honda dealers don't deal much on sticker price?)That being said it just tells me that buying a BRAND NEW vehicle off the lot is probably the worst investment you can make.(duh!) Buying same vehicle 2 years old seems to be the better bargain if you don't feel like taking it in the shorts buying a new car and making payments.

I sold Toyota for 13 years, and we always dealt!

I tell people all the time, buy used and you don't pay the initial depreciation. But if you do buy used, you are gambling that the vehicle has never been wrecked, has been properly maintained, and hasn't been mistreated. Lots of people make this gamble...many win, some don't.

Buy new and you will pay the initial depreciation, but you are not gambling on the vehicles back ground. It's a decision that every purchaser needs to make for themselves.

vailpass
02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Nothing beats driving a new car. So what if they depreciate some? A vehicle is NOT an investment, it is an expense. Life is too short to always drive used.

Kerberos
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I sold Toyota for 13 years, and we always dealt!

I tell people all the time, buy used and you don't pay the initial depreciation. But if you do buy used, you are gambling that the vehicle has never been wrecked, has been properly maintained, and hasn't been mistreated. Lots of people make this gamble...many win, some don't.

Buy new and you will pay the initial depreciation, but you are not gambling on the vehicles back ground. It's a decision that every purchaser needs to make for themselves.

EVERY vehicle I have ever owned has had a record book of all maintenance performed either by ME or by a shop when I could not perform the task.

When I traded my 88 Ford F150 SC 4X4 in it had an extensive record keeping book with it. I had my name and # in it as well and I got a call 2 weeks after I traded it. The guy on the other end asked me if all the maintenance performed was actually done and by who. I told him YES and that 95% was done by ME or the reciept was in the back of the manual. He opened up the manual while he was on the phone and last thing I heard was a THANK you for your time and information.

I would like to think that guy bought that truck that had 99,000 miles on on because he probably felt good that it was well maintained.

I don't do any of my own maintenance anymore cause I don't have time and I would rather pay someone else to get greasy. But I keep a working record of all maintenance done and keep all reciepts for the next owner. If everyone did this it would make buying and selling a lot easier wouldn't it?

ILWarpaint
02-10-2009, 10:05 AM
I suppose if you look at from the point of "HOW much I paid" less from the full sticker to the amount of depreciation I would be really mad had I bought a Toyota or Honda and paid JUST under the sticker price. (I have always been told that Toyota and Honda dealers don't deal much on sticker price?)

That being said it just tells me that buying a BRAND NEW vehicle off the lot is probably the worst investment you can make.(duh!) Buying same vehicle 2 years old seems to be the better bargain if you don't feel like taking it in the shorts buying a new car and making payments.

That's exactly right. You should figure depreciation from what you actually paid, not from MSRP.

Iowanian
02-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Buying new cars is throwing money away.

Make pals with someone who can buy at the auctions...tell them what you want and have them bring home a low mile program or rental for the price a dealer pays.

vailpass
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Buying new cars is throwing money away.

Make pals with someone who can buy at the auctions...tell them what you want and have them bring home a low mile program or rental for the price a dealer pays.

I understand why people feel that way but who ever said a car was an investment? It is an expense. Buying a new car means nobody has ever driven it hard or curb banged it or anything. You have the full manufacturers warranty and never have to pay for a repair. When it gets close to being out of warranty you trade it in for a new one.
Life is way too short to never drive a brand new car.

Iowanian
02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
I bought the wife an 08 last summer, with 8000 miles for half of sticker price.

If the buyer knows what they're doing, you're likely not going to get a turd. If it is, you send it back and have them get you another. The warranty is still good.

I bought a truck a few years ago that was close to warranty...very close. Close enough I couldn't drive it to the dealer to have the new starter it needed, so I called them. They came and got it, and replaced it. Haven't had a problem since.

vailpass
02-10-2009, 11:25 AM
I bought the wife an 08 last summer, with 8000 miles for half of sticker price.

If the buyer knows what they're doing, you're likely not going to get a turd. If it is, you send it back and have them get you another. The warranty is still good.

I bought a truck a few years ago that was close to warranty...very close. Close enough I couldn't drive it to the dealer to have the new starter it needed, so I called them. They came and got it, and replaced it. Haven't had a problem since.

Good buy, 8,000 miles is pretty much new. Sounds like you know your way around the car dealer game.

I bought the wife a Volvo XC70 from the dealer in Iowa City. It was a loaner to one of Ferentz' assistant coaches wives so it had almost 4000 miles on it. I got $9k off the sticker price.
They wouldn't go more than $5k off so I waited until the last day of the month.
Car saleman are ready to deal at the end of the month.

ChiefsNWildcats
02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
We have a 2002 Trailblazer with 89K on it. No. 5 cylinder quit and cost us 650 bucks to fix. 2 weeks later the catylic converter is shot and will cost me 350 bucks to fix.

Sister In-law has a 2006 or 2007 (cant remember) TB and they are having alot of problems with it. But they are still under warrantee.

I am going to avoid Chevy SUVs in the future myself. Either I go Chevy pickup or I'm going with a different make.

Chief Pote
02-10-2009, 11:46 AM
I understand why people feel that way but who ever said a car was an investment? It is an expense. Buying a new car means nobody has ever driven it hard or curb banged it or anything. You have the full manufacturers warranty and never have to pay for a repair. When it gets close to being out of warranty you trade it in for a new one.
Life is way too short to never drive a brand new car.

You're foolish with your money. All the while, someone is bumping into your NEW car in a parking lot. I buy used and I park carefully in the lot and sure enough some asswipe in a large truck is setting next to me when I walk out. If you buy right and from the right manufacturer, I can get as good a warranty as your new car.

MahiMike
02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
How much can you haul in the back? Bet a load of dirt is hard to clean...)

Phobia
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I am going to avoid Chevy SUVs in the future myself. Either I go Chevy pickup or I'm going with a different make.

Heh. The SUV's are essentially the same engine, drivetrain, and interior as the same size trucks. There are some obvious differences especially in the heavy duty trucks but if you're unhappy with a Chevy SUV you're probably going to be unhappy with the truck version.

Kerberos
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Heh. The SUV's are essentially the same engine, drivetrain, and interior as the same size trucks. There are some obvious differences especially in the heavy duty trucks but if you're unhappy with a Chevy SUV you're probably going to be unhappy with the truck version.

My wife and I have not had any major problems on the 06 TB but the downfalls are this to me right now:

1 The gas milage I am getting I could be getting on a full size 1500 with a SC and have a truck to boot. (I am pretty sure that it is NOT the same drive train as a TB.)

2 The depreciation of a GM SUV should be MORE than on a pickup? I don't know but it seems pickups keep more value longer than a car or SUV as far as GM's go?

3 The dealer I work with was really kewl when I bought this but since then the actual dealer (not the car lot) has pissed me off more than once.

I may talk to Dale when I get ready to buy a truck. It is HARD for me not to buy new GM because I do get GMS from my father in law. GMS plus any incentives at the time net a pretty good discount from sticker in my experience so far.

Frosty
02-10-2009, 12:51 PM
1 The gas milage I am getting I could be getting on a full size 1500 with a SC and have a truck to boot. (I am pretty sure that it is NOT the same drive train as a TB.)

It's not. The full-size truck shares its drivetrain with the Tahoe, not the Trailblazer. The Tahoe has been a pretty good rig. The TB - not so much.

Phobia
02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah - Trailblazers are same size as the Colorado.