PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign Ron Edwards!!!!!!

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Thank god the Chiefs finally fixed their defense! We are going to the SuperBowl-now all we need is Lenny Walls and Joey Harringbone.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:06 PM
I think you're just slightly late with this one.....

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:08 PM
This is Halfcan we're talking about here. No need to state the obvious. :D

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:09 PM

Oh damn, that's right. He was probably busy picking up chicks at the bowling alley again and missed it the first time around.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
It is such a HUGE signing, I figured there would be five more repost. I mean the guy had 4 sacks once-Holy Shit!

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
I hope you really don't judge DT's based on their sack production.......

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:11 PM
It is such a HUGE signing, I figured there would be five more repost. I mean the guy had 4 sacks once-Holy Shit!
You really need to stop smoking ditch weed.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM

I broke my big toe once too-dropped a paint sprayer on it. Right before a ski trip too. I still skied, but I was hurting.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:12 PM
You really need to stop smoking ditch weed.

That's all they got out there in Independence......now if you want some Meth on the otherhand......

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:13 PM
That's all they got out there in Independence......now if you want some Meth on the otherhand......
Watch it. I live in Independence.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:16 PM

Thats weird you posted that. Today, I overheard a sheriff deputy talk about that. Said Missouri leads all drug bust in the country since 95.

Either-we have very good Law Enforcement or

Very Bad.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:16 PM

Oh well you should know first hand then.......

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Thats weird you posted that. Today, I overheard a sheriff deputy talk about that. Said Missouri leads all drug bust in the country since 95.

Very Bad.

Some girl I met the other day asked me if I wanted to snort coke with her so I'm really not surprised by that......

big nasty kcnut
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Well might be intresting pick up. Might motivate the pluck out of sivali.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Oh well you should know first hand then.......
Not really. Although I handle Demerol and Morphine 5 days a week, I stay away from the drugs when I'm not at work.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:19 PM

I freakin came home from work last Friday night and my street was blocked off. 20 cop cars, helicopter, swat. Busted two houses. One was making it and the one next door was the retail/party stop. They had 15 skinny white kids out on the curb with the ties on their hands and feet.

I am glad they got them.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:20 PM
Not really. Although I handle Demerol and Morphine 5 days a week, I stay away from the drugs when I'm not at work.

I'm not into the drug scene either, but for some reason I always get offered drugs, it gets annoying.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:20 PM
I freakin came home from work last Friday night and my street was blocked off. 20 cop cars, helicopter, swat. Busted two houses. One was making it and the one next door was the retail/party stop. They had 15 skinny white kids out on the curb with the ties on their hands and feet.

I am glad they got them.

You sound like you live in a real nice neighborhood man.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not into the drug scene either, but for some reason I always get offered drugs, it gets annoying.
Cut your hair, shave and get a job. It'll help.

4th and Long

I am glad they got them.
Where in the f*ck in Independence do you live?

Mecca
Cut your hair, shave and get a job. It'll help.

How the hell did you know that I had long hair and facial hair.........

03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
ROFL

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
How the hell did you know that I had long hair and facial hair.........
Call it intuition.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:23 PM
Some girl I met the other day asked me if I wanted to snort coke with her so I'm really not surprised by that......

Coke? I don't ever get offered drugs. Beer and drinks maybe when I go out to bars.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Call it intuition.

I should post my picture now just for the humor of what you'd say......

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:26 PM
I should post my picture now just for the humor of what you'd say......
That's up to you but be warned, some people here will take the opportunity to Photoshop you into not so flattering situations. *innocent whistle* :D

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:28 PM
That's up to you but be warned, some people here will take the opportunity to Photoshop you into not so flattering situations. *innocent whistle* :D

LOL.....Aslong as it's amusing I'm fine with it. Hey I can't make fun of other people if I can't laugh at myself right? So here I'll post my pic just for comedy reasons...........

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Where in the f*ck in Independence do you live?

Three blocks up from the Police Station. The meth house was that close to the cops.

It is a descent neighborhood-my end of the street. I have a nice house with a huge yard. Drug dealers are in every neighborhood. Do you Johnson County preps really think there are no meth and drug houses over there? Wake up-it is a disease-that is spreading across the country.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
Three blocks up from the Police Station. The meth house was that close to the cops.

It is a descent neighborhood-my end of the street. I have a nice house with a huge yard. Drug dealers are in every neighborhood. Do you Johnson County preps really think there are no meth and drug houses over there? Wake up-it is a disease-that is spreading across the country.

You sound like a teacher I use to have.......that guy was nutty.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:30 PM
LOL.....Aslong as it's amusing I'm fine with it. Hey I can't make fun of other people if I can't laugh at myself right? So here I'll post my pic just for comedy reasons...........

Dime Bag Darrel? No wonder you get offered drugs.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Dime Bag Darrel? No wonder you get offered drugs.

LOL, hey now I like that music too........atleast I'm not dead I guess.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:31 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=55475&stc=1
Gee, with all that long hair and scraggly facial hair, I have no idea why your unemployed.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:32 PM
You sound like a teacher I use to have.......that guy was nutty.

Must be thinking of Mr. Kotter. Your right, there are no drug dealers in Kansas-the Land of OZ.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Gee, with all that long hair and scraggly facial hair, I have no idea why your unemployed.

That picture isn't an indicator of have I generally look........well atleast on a job interview anyway. I do put my hair in a ponytail if I have something important to do.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Must be thinking of Mr. Kotter. Your right, there are no drug dealers in Kansas-the Land of OZ.

I don't live in Kansas if that's what you're implying......

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:34 PM

Burger King is hiring here in Methapendence. I wonder if all that hair will fit under the hair net? :hmmm:

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Are you guys just being jealous because your hairlines are receding........

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:35 PM
That picture isn't an indicator of have I generally look........well atleast on a job interview anyway. I do put my hair in a ponytail if I have something important to do.

Do you use bobby pins, or one of those scrunchy wraps?

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:36 PM

NO......I use hair ties but they are in no way fem looking. They look like thick colored rubber bands.

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:38 PM

Very Bad.

Probably good or it would be like around here. I live off of Interstate 5 in northern California. It is THE drug superhighway up the West Coast. Pot goes South from the Pacific Northwest and meth goes North from southern Califonia/Mexico. The stoners don't scare me. It's the tweakers I hate. Damn freaks.

4th and Long
A ponytail eh? Let me think. How many high paid executives in my company have long hair or long hair they pull into a pony tail?

None.

Wait, that's not fair. You may not be executive material. Let me think of all the men I work with that have long hair and ponytails.

Nope. Same answer.

None.

Halfcan
One pony tail or two?

4th and Long
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
A ponytail eh? Let me think. How many high paid executives in my company have long hair or long hair they pull into a pony tail?

None.

Wait, that's not fair. You may not be executive material. Let me think of all the men I work with that have long hair and ponytails.

Nope. Same answer.

None.

Well son that's obviously discrimination.......and I like being different.

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Are you guys just being jealous because your hairlines are receding........

Heh, probably true. I'm old enough to have a bald spot where my cowlick used to be.

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:40 PM
One pony tail or two?

How can you have 2 ponytails.........that makes no sense to me at all.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Probably good or it would be like around here. I live off of Interstate 5 in northern California. It is THE drug superhighway up the West Coast. Pot goes South from the Pacific Northwest and meth goes North from southern Califonia/Mexico. The stoners don't scare me. It's the tweakers I hate. Damn freaks.

With the new heat-less meth process-it does not smell as bad or catch fire like the old meth houses. They are harder to find.

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:41 PM

I think those would actually be considered pigtails instead.

Coach
03-27-2006, 11:43 PM
What in the hell is going on here? :spock:

Mecca

LOL.......why do people assume if a guy has long hair he's either fem or does fem things with his hair? That is a really stupid/lame stereotype.

4th and Long
Well son that's obviously discrimination.......and I like being different.
1. I'm not your son. More likely, you're young enough to be my son.

2. Discrimination? Hardly. It's called self respect and clean living. Remember, appearance is everything. When you get older and actually land in the real work force, you'll be able to comprehend the concept.

3. You aren't different. You look like 90% of the unemployed and uninsured people I see every day.

Halfcan

Oh thats pigtails maybe.

You could always be an undercover Nark for the cops. You said everyone offers you drugs??

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:44 PM
With the new heat-less meth process-it does not smell as bad or catch fire like the old meth houses. They are harder to find.

That's just great. High tech tweakers. We had a lady get stopped for-I shit you not-a mobile meth lab on the freeway. She had the thing percolating or whatever the hell in a fifth wheel camper behind her. She got into a minor accident or she wouldn't have been found out. God damned freeaks.

sd4chiefs
03-27-2006, 11:46 PM

What does all this have to do with Ron Edwards? :(

Mecca

2. Discrimination? Hardly. It's called self respect and clean living. Remember, appearance is everything. When you get older and actually land in the real work force, you'll be able to comprehend the concept.

3. You aren't different. You look like 90% of the unemployed and uninsured people I see every day.

That's still stupid though, my hair in no way shape or form has anything to do with how I work. I like how I look with longer hair, I have no problem pulling it back if a job requires that however I doubt I'd cut it off if a job asked me to do that.

It just seems pretty shallow to me to overlook what I can do because you happen to dislike that I don't cut my hair short like every other guy.

Halfcan

Talking about meth and pigtails.

listopencil
LOL.......why do people assume if a guy has long hair he's either fem or does fem things with his hair? That is a really stupid/lame stereotype.

Nah. I only know that because I have two daughters. I used to have longer hair as a teen but I didn't like taking care of it. Some time in the Navy showed me how comfy a short cut can be. I keep it pretty short now.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:47 PM
http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/4972/pigtails2am.jpg

Mecca
03-27-2006, 11:48 PM
And anyway I have very nice hair......I wash it everyday it's conditioned and brushed and combed out. I keep it trimmed nicely, it is no way ratty or unpresentable.

listopencil
What does all this have to do with Ron Edwards? :(

Calm down, you guys are going to win the SuperBowl with him now. The Glory Days are on the horizon.

Mecca

That guy is obviously a fruitcake.......

KcMizzou
03-27-2006, 11:49 PM
The only thing I got from this thread was the fact that Mecca looks like Jesus.

Halfcan

Ouch! And what exactly does an uninsured person look like. I guess 90% must have long hair.

listopencil

ROFL

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
And anyway I have very nice hair......I wash it everyday it's conditioned and brushed and combed out. I keep it trimmed nicely, it is no way ratty or unpresentable.
ROFL

Coach
03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
Talking about meth and pigtails.

Ahhh... well only three things come to mine when I saw this thread and the discussion.

1. Who in the hell is Ron Edwards?

2. No thanks. I'm not a big supporter on meth, only for medical purposes, prescribed by doctors or certified people for it.

3. Pigtails should only be a woman's thing.

Halfcan

I didn't know Ron Edwards has pigtails.

4th and Long
Ouch! And what exactly does an uninsured person look like. I guess 90% must have long hair.
Come sit in our ER waiting room some day. I will bet you a paycheck that 9 out of every 10 men with long hair and scruffy facial hair that walk through the door have no insurance.

sd4chiefs
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Calm down, you guys are going to win the SuperBowl with him now. The Glory Days are on the horizon.

Holy Crap! Edwards played in six games last year and had 6 tackels. :shake: :banghead:

No wonder this thread is about drugs and hair. :rolleyes:

Coach
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Come sit in oue ER waiting room some day. I will bet you a paycheck that 9 out of every 10 men with long hair and scruffy facial hair that walk through the door have no insurance.

Ah, I wouldn't take that bet, for sure. I been to several of those ER's and it sure wasn't a pretty sight, nor smell for that matter.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
The only thing I got from this thread was the fact that Mecca looks like Jesus.

You mean Dime Bag.

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I didn't know Ron Edwards has pigtails.

Ron Edwards once shot down a plane just by pointing his finger at it and saying "Bang".

listopencil
03-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Holy Crap! Edwards played in six games last year and had 6 tackels. :shake: :banghead:

Well...yeah, but if you guys start him he'll make 16 tackles this year.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:55 PM

Hey now, Be fair. He played 16 games in 2004 and recorded a whopping 13 tackles.

Yeeeesh.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Come sit in our ER waiting room some day. I will bet you a paycheck that 9 out of every 10 men with long hair and scruffy facial hair that walk through the door have no insurance.

Mecca is not scruffy, he brushes and conditions everyday.

I am sure he has loads of insurance. Home, auto, boat, life, medical, dental, disability, RV, ATV, and Travel-for those trips to Brazil to get new ponytail holders.

4th and Long
03-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Mecca is not scruffy, he brushes and conditions everyday.

I am sure he has loads of insurance. Home, auto, boat, life, medical, dental, disability, RV, ATV, and Travel-for those trips to Brazil to get new ponytail holders.
Now your just being silly. Everyone knows you can buy those Brazilian ponytail holders online.

Halfcan
03-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Ron Edwards once shot down a plane just by pointing his finger at it and saying "Bang".

With Edwards and Scanlon-we are gonna rock da rolling roofed house baby!!

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:01 AM
That guy is obviously a fruitcake.......

Hey don't make fun of Joey Harrington. He is worth a third, plus we will, have to spend the next three years burning our #1 pick on receivers-but he is gonna rock.

Mecca
03-28-2006, 12:04 AM
I've actually never heard I look like Dimebag......I've heard Jesus before......I've also heard Kevin Smith which makes me laugh.

teedubya
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
R U S H
S U C K S

4th and Long
03-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I've actually never heard I look like Dimebag.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=55475&stc=1http://hometown.aol.com/hammett27/images/dimesq_dimebag_darrell_elk.jpg

:shrug:

Mecca
03-28-2006, 12:09 AM
R U S H
S U C K S

That is the basis of all Halfcan threads.....

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:23 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=55475&stc=1http://hometown.aol.com/hammett27/images/dimesq_dimebag_darrell_elk.jpg

:shrug:

Yeah I don't see any resemblence at all.

SPchief
03-28-2006, 12:24 AM
R U S H
S U C K S

ROFL

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Heh, probably true. I'm old enough to have a bald spot where my cowlick used to be.

you need 2 pigtails to cover up your cowlick. Or one ponytail comeover.

Why so many names of barnyard animals for hairstyles.

HolmeZz
03-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Since Carl missed the boat on Bernard, he figured he'd just sign another DT from A&M.

An Aggies an Aggie. No one'll notice.

Spicy McHaggis
03-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Thank god the Chiefs finally fixed their defense! We are going to the SuperBowl-now all we need is Lenny Walls and Joey Harringbone.

Why the **** did you chose "Harringbone" as a nickname for Joey?

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Since Carl missed the boat on Bernard, he figured he'd just sign another DT from A&M.

An Aggies an Aggie. No one'll notice.

Carl signing up for HBO so he can watch Big Love-was a bigger signing than this was.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:49 AM

Herringbone-a pattern utilizing a design, often repeated, resembling the spinal structure of a herring, in which the ribs form slanting parallel lines on either side of the spine.

herring-a small food fish frequenting the North Atlantic, the young of which are canned as sardines, and the adults smoked, pickled, or salted.

Spicy McHaggis
03-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Herringbone-a pattern utilizing a design, often repeated, resembling the spinal structure of a herring, in which the ribs form slanting parallel lines on either side of the spine.

herring-a small food fish frequenting the North Atlantic, the young of which are canned as sardines, and the adults smoked, pickled, or salted.

Right. I got it. A Herring. The fish one uses to cut down the mightiest tree in the forest. But what does that have to do with a underachieving, quarterback from Detroit?

listopencil
03-28-2006, 12:53 AM

I think you guys should call him Joey "The Six Foot Pianist" Harrington.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:56 AM
I think you guys should call him Joey "The Six Foot Pianist" Harrington.

Joey from the show Blossum, could throw a better football. Whooahh.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:15 AM

I wonder if this guy ever thought he would end up being a joke in a Chiefs thread about Ron Edwards? :hmmm:

Mecca, Dime Bag, Jesus, and pigtail guy-all with their pictures posted.

Anyone else want to get a rating from 4th on their hygiene? He can tell if you have insurance by the length of your hair.

alanm
03-28-2006, 01:16 AM
In about 9 or 10 yrs 9 out of every 10 people won't have insurance because they can't afford it. Less and less employers are offering it because it's TOO F*CKING EXPENSIVE!!! Thank you health industry, Illegal immigrants and deadbeats of all discriptions. :cuss: :cuss:

kcfanXIII
03-28-2006, 01:19 AM
I broke my big toe once too-dropped a paint sprayer on it. Right before a ski trip too. I still skied, but I was hurting.

i got pissed and put my foot through a trash can right before a trip to florida. broke my big toe. i was limpin down the beach but it didn't ruin my fun.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:22 AM
In about 9 or 10 yrs 9 out of every 10 people won't have insurance because they can't afford it. Less and less employers are offering it because it's TOO F*CKING EXPENSIVE!!! Thank you health industry, Illegal immigrants and deadbeats of all discriptions. :cuss: :cuss:

Your Avatar looks a little scruffy. Looks like Mecca in a few years. :hmmm:

alanm
03-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Your Avatar looks a little scruffy. Looks like Mecca in a few years. :hmmm:
Maybe... It's Jack Elam. Even while dead a few years he's confused about the Chiefs offseason moves. :)

Dinny Bossa Nova
03-28-2006, 01:28 AM
I've actually never heard I look like Dimebag......I've heard Jesus before......I've also heard Kevin Smith which makes me laugh.

If Jesus and Dimebag are up ther jammin' right now, I'm thinking ol' DBD is gettin' his ass kicked.

Jesus plays a 345.

And nobody knows who Kevin Smith is.

Dinny

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:32 AM
Maybe... It's Jack Elam. Even while dead a few years he's confused about the Chiefs offseason moves. :)

And this brings us full circle back to Ron Edwards. Don't we already have about 10 of these guys on our team. Hurt, missing games, friends with a coach, type guys. Chiefs are doing squat to upgrade.

luv
03-28-2006, 01:34 AM
And this brings us full circle back to Ron Edwards. Don't we already have about 10 of these guys on our team. Hurt, missing games, friends with a coach, type guys. Chiefs are doing squat to upgrade.
Isn't it past your bedtime? Or are you remodeling another bathroom?

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:36 AM

I am off work tomorrow, so staying up late and posting stupid shit on the Planet-like I always do.

03-28-2006, 01:36 AM

His name suggest he never finished the first bathroom.

listopencil
03-28-2006, 01:37 AM

Circles are evil.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:39 AM
His name suggest he never finished the first bathroom.

LOL actually it is not done yet. No plumbing, which is kind of important. It looks nice though. :banghead:

kcfanXIII
03-28-2006, 01:42 AM
listopencil: broncos are evil. now use your noodlly appendage to direct natalie portman to my house. IF....you are the real flying spaghetti monster.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:48 AM
listopencil: broncos are evil. now use your noodlly appendage to direct natalie portman to my house. IF....you are the real flying spaghetti monster.

:hmmm: Vote "No" to Meth on April 4th.

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:48 AM

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 01:49 AM
Post 3888 on Page 8 Post #108

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Has anyone made a "Crossing Over" joke yet? I'm too lazy to check.

chefsos
03-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Has anyone made a "Crossing Over" joke yet? I'm too lazy to check.
..and we're all too lazy to call you on it or even answer, evidently. Swing away.

Ultra Peanut
03-28-2006, 02:24 AM
No, I've got nothing.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:05 PM

It took awhile, but the Ron Edwards fever is running high!!!!!

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:07 PM

Yep. The funny thing is the Chiefs are NO closer to going now than they were 5 years ago. :shake:

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Yep. The funny thing is the Chiefs are NO closer to going now than they were 5 years ago. :shake:

SOOOOOOO sad and SOOOOOO true!!!

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:10 PM

Upgrade? They do that every other year. Then they talk about upgrades as the reason why they don't have cash. Then they release said upgrades. Anyone remember the class of '03?

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:12 PM
Here it is flat out, the Superbowl window for this team is closed. The team has to get younger now, going out and signing a bunch of FA's isn't going to put us in the Superbowl.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Here it is flat out, the Superbowl window for this team is closed. The team has to get younger now, going out and signing a bunch of FA's isn't going to put us in the Superbowl.

I couldn't agree more with getting younger, but we should still have a SB caliber offense. A few FA on Defense could have been the deciding factor. But they have flat given up on this year, we have officially started the new "five" year plan.

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:16 PM
SOOOOOOO sad and SOOOOOO true!!!

Yep. Back then we were going to build the Offense cause we failed when we had a dominant Defense. Now, we're going back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust as we run the ball 10 more times a game. And now we have a coach that has never won a meaningful championship just like our GM, who by the way is in year 18 of his 5-year-plan. So, we're really no closer than year 1 of the original 5 -year -plan if you think about it. But at least back then there was something called H-O-P-E. Now I just HOPE Carl leaves someday soon.

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
I couldn't agree more with getting younger, but we should still have a SB caliber offense. A few FA on Defense could have been the deciding factor. But they have flat given up on this year, we have officially started the new "five" year plan.

That defense is far more than 1 player away from being able to play well enough to get the Chiefs into Superbowl contention. 3 Dlineman, 1 CB, 1 FS. And that's a conservative estimate to just make us a respectable defense.

That defense is much further away than I think most people here realize or want to admit.

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Yep. Back then we were going to build the Offense cause we failed when we had a dominant Defense. Now, we're going back to 3 yards and a cloud of dust as we run the ball 10 more times a game. And now we have a coach that has never won a meaningful championship just like our GM, who by the way is in year 18 of his 5-year-plan. So, we're really no closer than year 1 of the original 5 -year -plan if you think about it. But at least back then there was something called H-O-P-E. Now I just HOPE Carl leaves someday soon.

Because coaches who've won championships are just readily available......also how many coaches that have won Superbowls did so with their next team?

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:24 PM
That defense is far more than 1 player away from being able to play well enough to get the Chiefs into Superbowl contention. 3 Dlineman, 1 CB, 1 FS. And that's a conservative estimate to just make us a respectable defense.

That defense is much further away than I think most people here realize or want to admit.

Sure. But it has been for a while now. And re-signing ALL our $hitty _efensive players after the '03 season didn't help matters one bit. If anything, it's a HUGE reason why we're still so far behind.

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Because coaches who've won championships are just readily available......also how many coaches that have won Superbowls did so with their next team?

I understand where you're coming from but Edwards is just a simple "Yes Man" for Peterson. He's not a "builder" of anything.

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:29 PM
I understand where you're coming from but Edwards is just a simple "Yes Man" for Peterson. He's not a "builder" of anything.

Yep pretty much, we can lay that one on Vermiel and Gunther. When you look back and see that Hicks, Browning, Wesley and Woods all got money that offseason you have to wonder what Vermiel was thinking. He was either senile or he was so old he just wanted to be comfortable with the same guys instead of god forbid telling them to walk.

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:32 PM

The fact that they gave up on this year really bothers me as well. They don't need to fix everything in one off season, but they could at least have added some parts so they won't need to try and fix as much next season. It's like they haven't learned anything from past failures.

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Yep pretty much, we can lay that one on Vermiel and Gunther. When you look back and see that Hicks, Browning, Wesley and Woods all got money that offseason you have to wonder what Vermiel was thinking. He was either senile or he was so old he just wanted to be comfortable with the same guys instead of god forbid telling them to walk.

Yep. As I stated in another post - that one move is still haunting this franchise. It is easily one of the worst decisions made by the Chiefs front office. But didn't Peterson state that,"The Buck stops with him" for that move? I believe he said to "Blame me." It's so easy to say when you're not held accountable.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:36 PM
The fact that they gave up on this year really bothers me as well. They don't need to fix everything in one off season, but they could at least have added some parts so they won't need to try and fix as much next season. It's like they haven't learned anything from past failures.

How can the Skins spend year after year-but we are on a spend one year off two plan. There is still a lot of fat that could be trimmed to get some cap dollars.

Looks to be yet another very frustrating year for Cheaps, I mean Chiefs fans.

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:37 PM

I don't think this is a very good FA class, there are some quick fix guys but I don't see any answers out there. Trying to builda team in FA is also a really bad idea. You build in the draft and fill some holes in FA. We have to many holes now to do that successfully.

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:38 PM
How can the Skins spend year after year-but we are on a spend one year off two plan. There is still a lot of fat that could be trimmed to get some cap dollars.

Looks to be yet another very frustrating year for Cheaps, I mean Chiefs fans.

Because the Redskins turn twice as much profit than the Chiefs do. They have more cash dollars to spend.......

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:39 PM
Plus a new hole at fullback to fill, with some scrub I bet.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:40 PM
Because the Redskins turn twice as much profit than the Chiefs do. They have more cash dollars to spend.......

But how do they stay under the cap? Or do they say **** it and pay the tax?

KC has plenty of money, they sell out every game.

TEX
I don't think this is a very good FA class, there are some quick fix guys but I don't see any answers out there. Trying to builda team in FA is also a really bad idea. You build in the draft and fill some holes in FA. We have to many holes now to do that successfully.

You have a good point, but that only works if you draft well. We haven't, especially on defense.

Mecca
Plus a new hole at fullback to fill, with some scrub I bet.

Not this bullshit again........he's a F'n Fullback!

TEX
03-31-2006, 10:42 PM

True, but Lamar makes enough on the Chiefs to make moves every year instead of every other year.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Not this bullshit again........he's a F'n Fullback!

lol I know, I know, but Trich was a great player, great guy, good locker room guy, great tutor, educating himself, always trying to get better, plus an allpro blocker. We could have kept him for a next to nothing contract.

I don't understand this move at all. Unless we are moving up to draft Lendale White? :banghead:

Mecca
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
The Redskins give big signing bonuses in order to get around the cap. Lamar doesn't want to spend every year he runs the Chiefs as a money making business above winning, you all should know that by now.

Skip Towne
03-31-2006, 10:54 PM
But how do they stay under the cap? Or do they say **** it and pay the tax?

KC has plenty of money, they sell out every game.
Correction, Lamar Hunt has plenty of money. The Chiefs only have what he gives them. Pay attention!

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 12:52 AM
This thread about Ron Edwards, has stayed on the front page, longer than Ron will be on the field this year.

greg63
04-01-2006, 12:58 AM
This thread about Ron Edwards, has stayed on the front page, longer than Ron will be on the field this year.
ROFL
You mean it isn't a joke? :D

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 01:02 AM
ROFL
You mean it isn't a joke? :D

My new Adopt a Chief is

Ron Edwards.

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 01:04 AM
I am starting a Ron Edwards fan club. We can stand behind him and cheer while he rides the bench all year next to Junior, Simms and Bell.

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:07 AM
My new Adopt a Chief is

Ron Edwards.

ROFLROFL

He should be low maintenance. :D

04-01-2006, 01:21 AM
ROFLROFL

He should be low maintenance. :D

No, he will be the next Rich Scanlon. :)

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:33 AM
No, he will be the next Rich Scanlon. :)
Blasphemy I say! :p :D

04-01-2006, 01:34 AM
Blasphemy I say! :p :D

TRUE ROFL

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:37 AM
TRUE ROFL

ROFL

Well, at least you have admitted your sin; the football gods my yet forgive you.

04-01-2006, 01:38 AM
ROFL

Well, at least you have admitted your sin; the football gods my yet forgive you.

Oh mighty Scanlon.... :hail:

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:40 AM
Oh mighty Scanlon.... :hail:

ROFL
Alright then; my 8 ball has confirmed your absolution.

04-01-2006, 01:42 AM
ROFL
Alright then; my 8 ball has confirmed your absolution.

Funny, I don't feel absolute..... :hmmm:

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Funny, I don't feel absolute..... :hmmm:

One must not mock the 8 ball. :rolleyes: :D

04-01-2006, 01:53 AM
One must not mock the 8 ball. :rolleyes: :D

BUT... BUT.... :sulk:

greg63
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM
BUT... BUT.... :sulk:

ROFL

No buts, and quit sulking.

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Ron Edwards NFL Defensive MVP 2007

Rich Scanlon Runner up and 2007 Super Bowl MVP

greg63
04-01-2006, 02:05 AM
Ron Edwards NFL Defensive MVP 2007

Rich Scanlon Runner up and 2007 Super Bowl MVP

ROFL

My 8 ball indicates the reverse order.

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:14 AM
ROFL

My 8 ball indicates the reverse order.

Okay 8ball
Which stupid Ron Edwards thread will stay up the longest?

Hogfarmer's or this one.

and

Who will have more tackles Ron Edwards or Rich Scanlon?

greg63
04-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Okay 8ball
Which stupid Ron Edwards thread will stay up the longest?

Hogfarmer's or this one.

and

Who will have more tackles Ron Edwards or Rich Scanlon?
ROFLROFLROFL

Well, as my 8 ball mostly only says yes you will have to rephrase the questions.

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Please answer the question in the form of an answer. or
Ask the question in the form of an answer?

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:21 AM
I will take that as a yes.

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Just like YES to a new Roof baby!!!!!!!!

greg63
04-01-2006, 02:25 AM
Please answer the question in the form of an answer. or
Ask the question in the form of an answer?

My 8 ball indicates "Yes" to Halfcan thread lasting the longest and "Yes" to Rich Scanlon exceeding Edwards in the tackle count. :D

greg63
04-01-2006, 02:26 AM
Just like YES to a new Roof baby!!!!!!!!

To this question my 8 ball delivers the occasional "Maybe".

Halfcan
04-01-2006, 02:28 AM
My 8 ball indicates "Yes" to Halfcan thread lasting the longest and "Yes" to Rich Scanlon exceeding Edwards in the tackle count. :D

That is better than Ron Edwards the Psychic-lol

greg63
04-01-2006, 02:30 AM
That is better than Ron Edwards the Psychic-lol

LOL! You speak the truth.

My 8 ball confirms that I must turn in.

Nite Planet!

04-01-2006, 02:46 AM
ROFL

No buts, and quit sulking.
ROFL

milkman
04-01-2006, 10:46 AM
lol I know, I know, but Trich was a great player, great guy, good locker room guy, great tutor, educating himself, always trying to get better, plus an allpro blocker. We could have kept him for a next to nothing contract.

I don't understand this move at all. Unless we are moving up to draft Lendale White? :banghead:

White isn't a fullback.

milkman
04-01-2006, 10:49 AM
I am starting a Ron Edwards fan club. We can stand behind him and cheer while he rides the bench all year next to Junior, Simms and Bell.

If Edwards, Junior, and Sims are all sitting on the bench, WTH is playing DT alongside Scrub Dalton?