PDA

View Full Version : Is There An Official 37 Forever Weekend Planned Yet This Year?

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 10:13 AM
And are we still even doing this since Phil took off? It would be good if we could see some of you again and others we have never even got the chance to meet. We missed the last couple years and really want to make it out if possible.

HemiEd
03-29-2006, 10:15 AM
I was thinking about this yesterday, but do we have a complete schedule yet?

morphius
03-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I would be surprised if they didn't. Nzoner runs the St Joe chapter, so hopefully he will at least have his day. But don't expect anything until the schedule comes out.

Logical
03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
I remember Phil saying there would still be a weekend for Premium Members.;)

j/k I think I remember Phil saying there would still be a 37 Forever weekend.

ROYC75
03-29-2006, 10:33 AM
No official date is set as of this time, waiting on the schedule, as always.

PastorMikH
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
I had wondered back when Phil left if the Planet would still be as active in 37Forever. I know there are a lot of people here that support it, but many are behind the scenes types.

I for one would like to see the Planet still be a part of 37Forever.

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
No official date is set as of this time, waiting on the schedule, as always.

I was under the mistaken impression that it had already come out. Do we know when that is going to happen? The further in advance we get a schedule the better chance we can make it out.

mlyonsd
03-29-2006, 10:50 AM
I would be surprised if they didn't. Nzoner runs the St Joe chapter, so hopefully he will at least have his day. But don't expect anything until the schedule comes out.

Nzoner and his wife put on one heck of a party. Just ask Endelt...if he can remember it.

I'd recommend it to any/all that can attend.

KC Dan
03-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Hey BD, its not like your gonna show up!

ROFL

Frazod
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
A. It's too early to plan.

B. Phil didn't exactly leave, either. :D

Bob Dole
03-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Bob Dole might try to make it this year.

KC Dan
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
A. It's too early to plan.

B. Phil didn't exactly leave, either. :D
A. No, its never too early to plan for a Donkey destruction!

you're slipping Fraz.

and

B. Phil who??????

:)

ROYC75
03-29-2006, 11:06 AM
We have to wait until we get the Chiefs home game dates to set our date .

Generally, it's between the 2nd and 4th week of the season. One year we had a week 5 for the Donkey game....

I expect plans will be coming together very soon.

ROYC75
03-29-2006, 11:11 AM

Liar ........

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 11:12 AM
You'll probably just send some homeless guy in your place.

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Hey BD, its not like your gonna show up!

ROFL

I would say there is a good chance we will make it this year. It conflicted with the family reunion last year and I just won't miss that especially with my sister heading off to Iraq. I really do want to come out and see a bunch of you. Hopefully Greg is out the same week. It would be good to see Bob again and I never got to meet Stevie. There is a lot of people on here we would like to meet that we have never been able to so we would probably come out for 3 - 4 days if we do.

Bob Dole
03-29-2006, 11:15 AM
You'll probably just send some homeless guy in your place.

The vagrant look probably won't last that long. There have already been a couple of 80+ degree days where it was a pain in the ass while working outside.

KC Dan
03-29-2006, 11:18 AM
I would say there is a good chance we will make it this year. It conflicted with the family reunion last year and I just won't miss that especially with my sister heading off to Iraq. I really do want to come out and see a bunch of you. Hopefully Greg is out the same week. It would be good to see Bob again and I never got to meet Stevie. There is a lot of people on here we would like to meet that we have never been able to so we would probably come out for 3 - 4 days if we do.
That's overrated!

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 11:19 AM
The vagrant look probably won't last that long. There have already been a couple of 80+ degree days where it was a pain in the ass while working outside.

Bob Dole will probably clean up his act this year so we won't even recognize him. He will be the guy wearing the http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=575 tshirt. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
That's overrated!

ROFL

I wanted to get out to see Mo's dogs. Be cool to meet the pastor one day. Then there is lots of old school people on here I still never met, Frazod, Rauch, Bob Dole, Parker and Russ if he's back around by that time. Too many people to list. Maybe Evil Knievel will stop in (Iowanian) this year. Still never been to Nzoners place either, that looks like a party.

joesomebody
03-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll be back in the missouri area for a semi-permanent station of time come August/September, maybe I'll finally make it to a get together.

PastorMikH
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I have always wanted to attend, but stuff seems to always get in the way. I probably wouldn't fit in at the extra-curricular activities (other than the golf of course).:) I do know that the weekends of Sept 16 and 23rd are booked solid for me. We will probably try to slip a rib sale into Sept as well. Don't try to work around my schedule, but if it does fall on a weekend I'm open, I would love to come.

Coach
03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
It was very peaceful. I had a nice nap.

Yeah, you can say that. Wasn't much of peaceful when you had black marker marks on your face during the process. :D

Bob Dole
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, you can say that. Wasn't much of peaceful when you had black marker marks on your face during the process. :D

Who brought that mean-spirited bitch, anyway?

chief husker
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm in. Wouldn't miss it. Nzoners does rock.

Phobia
03-29-2006, 04:02 PM
FWIW, I've actually resigned as President of 37 Forever. But I've offered to help with fundraisers in the future. As far as I know no replacement has been named.

It has nothing to do with my departure from ChiefsPlanet. I have priorities in my family life that are currently more important. In fact, I was always underqualified to be President anyway.

jspchief
03-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Even if a 37 Forever weekend doesn't happen, I think we should try to do a Chiefsplanet weekend.

It was never really about the charity for me. I liked the idea of getting to meet the guys that I spend so much time being a prick to.

stevieray
03-29-2006, 04:33 PM
That's overrated!

ROFL

whatever, brutus.

Logical
03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
FWIW, I've actually resigned as President of 37 Forever. But I've offered to help with fundraisers in the future. As far as I know no replacement has been named.

It has nothing to do with my departure from ChiefsPlanet. I have priorities in my family life that are currently more important. In fact, I was always underqualified to be President anyway.

Big news I guess I missed it. Well I hope whatever it is in your personal life that takes you away for 37 Forever I hope it is positive.

ExtremeChief
03-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Who would decide on the replacement??? Is there still a "board"???

Hopefully someone can step in and take your place. I thought you did a good job of getting everything together.

You still gonna join the festivities, if there are any???

BIG_DADDY
03-29-2006, 05:30 PM

Are you OK dude? You seem really different lately like there's something wrong. If there is I hope everything works out.

Phobia
03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Are you OK dude? You seem really different lately like there's something wrong. If there is I hope everything works out.

Never better. I've made a lot of positive changes in my life lately. My priorities are falling into line and I really need to focus more on my own family rather than devoting so much energy on a charity and also online activities.

But in answer to other questions, I'm available to help organize events and also fundraise for 37 Forever. I didn't leave 37 Forever but I'm no longer the President.

Skip Towne
03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
We know you're lying. That Jap car of yours would never make it.

Frazod
03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Call me shallow, but getting together with my friends from the BB is the most important thing to me. It's not like I drive 500 miles for charity. Whether it's an official function at Joe's or just meeting folks at a bar somewhere doesn't really matter to me.

Logical
03-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Call me shallow, but getting together with my friends from the BB is the most important thing to me. It's not like I drive 500 miles for charity. Whether it's an official function at Joe's or just meeting folks at a bar somewhere doesn't really matter to me.I don't think that is shallow it is the main reason I join in as well. It is a bonus that the charity benefits from it.

stevieray
03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
shallow bastards.

|Zach|
03-29-2006, 07:30 PM
hollow bastard.

Lzen
03-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I just hope Skip shows up this year. He and Zach will surely hit it off. :D

stevieray
03-29-2006, 07:40 PM
shallow bastards.

I hope you guys know I'm joking. I've always been impressed with the number of out of towners that come in for that weekend.

Good times indeed.

I'm going to satriani with nzoner sunday, if he doesn't chime in, I'll mention it to him.

ExtremeChief
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
I only come for the beer. I don't even like you f*ckers.

Who the F*ck are you again?????

Bowser
03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
My name's Phil. I'm the guy that runs around naked.

Gawddamned teabagger.

ExtremeChief
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM

Oh yeah... the one my wife was feeling sorry for...or I guess it was the husband of the lady my wife felt sorry for.

|Zach|
03-29-2006, 07:57 PM
heh

Nzoner
03-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Damn,I saw this thread header and had to take a look at the calendar as I thought maybe I'd missed a couple of months somewhere.

As far as I know we'll be doing something in St Joe.(the last two years have been too good)however,before I even start thinking about that I've volunteered my place for the Friday night party of our 25th high school reunion in July and have to get food,drinks etc in place for that.

Did I really just type 25th high school reunion? :(

Skip Towne
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
My momma always told me "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" so ...............

ExtremeChief
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
My momma always told me "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all" so ...............

If you do come to Joe's, tighten the velcro on your shoes tight, we like to throw the football around. Better get some Ensure too.

Coach
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM
I hope you guys know I'm joking. I've always been impressed with the number of out of towners that come in for that weekend.

Good times indeed.

I'm going to satriani with nzoner sunday, if he doesn't chime in, I'll mention it to him.

Yeah, I'm pretty much an out-of-towner (Although, I will be moving to KC soon) and I'd say that it is easily one of the best places I went to, not only going to Joe's house, and getting to know some people, but also having a good time with them on Sunday at Arrowhead at tailgating and during the game.

Good times indeed.

Coach
03-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Did I really just type 25th high school reunion? :(

Damn, you're about getting up there on Skips' age. Heh heh. :D :p

Nzoner
03-29-2006, 08:13 PM
If you do come to Joe's, tighten the velcro on your shoes tight, we like to throw the football around. Better get some Ensure too.

And PLEASE wear your glasses so that you don't walk into one of the screens in the doorways.

Coach
03-29-2006, 08:27 PM
ROFL

Boozer
03-29-2006, 08:45 PM

Make sure you've got a fresh coat of Fixodent in, too.

BigRedChief
03-29-2006, 10:36 PM

You going to bring the girlfriend with the massive cleveage?

|Zach|
03-29-2006, 10:38 PM
ROFL

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
If you do come to Joe's, tighten the velcro on your shoes tight, we like to throw the football around. Better get some Ensure too.If Saul shows up again, at least Skip won't have to worry about having the weakest throwing arm.

BigRedChief
03-29-2006, 10:41 PM

I saw you mainly passed out on the floor last year. Not much running around if you ask me

teedubya
03-29-2006, 10:43 PM
If Saul shows up again, at least Skip won't have to worry about having the weakest throwing arm.

hahaha aha ha....

Coach
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM
If Saul shows up again, at least Skip won't have to worry about having the weakest throwing arm.

I take it you haven't seen Endelt throw the ball, eh?

Bob Dole
03-29-2006, 10:45 PM

Bob Dole has a very strict rule against bringing the same woman to more than one ChiefsPlanet or 37 Forever event.

PastorMikH
03-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Bob Dole has a very strict rule against bringing the same woman to more than one ChiefsPlanet or 37 Forever event.

She turned you down, didn't she

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
It was very peaceful. I had a nice nap.

You just think you had a weird dream about Brokeback Football while you were sleeping.

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2006, 10:50 PM

Is Tom available...? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM

As long as Zach brings attractive women with him, it won't matter....

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 10:53 PM
I take it you haven't seen Endelt throw the ball, eh?
Yeah, I saw it, but he was more interested in not spilling his beer. I'm guessing he could throw it good if he wanted. Saul was consistantly bad.

Skip Towne
03-29-2006, 10:53 PM
I've seen pics of Bob Dole's catches. I'm impressed. I don't know how he does it at his advanced age. Do chicks dig long eyebrows? :shrug:

Mr. Kotter
03-29-2006, 10:56 PM
I've seen pics of Bob Dole's catches. I'm impressed. I don't know how he does it at his advanced age. Do chicks dig long eyebrows? :shrug:

I don't know about that, but "the day after" each of the past two years....his dates walked bow-legged.

KC Dan
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Well, yeah... that's always top priority.

After Katipan, of course.
this says it all

ExtremeChief
03-30-2006, 08:00 AM
And PLEASE wear your glasses so that you don't walk into one of the screens in the doorways.

At least I made it a whole year without hitting it. It's kind of funny how you become really conscious of that door once you walk through it and embarrass the hell out of yourself.

ROYC75
03-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Ah, The Door...... I heard that Kip tried to make love to that screen door.

ROYC75
03-30-2006, 08:14 AM
Rammed it home .........

morphius
03-30-2006, 08:21 AM
Whew! No talk about moprhius in this discussion.

ROYC75
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Noticed my arm wasn't mentioned either......Heh, face it , it's hard to compete with it..... at least it use to be that way 20 years ago.

Dartgod
03-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Whew! No talk about moprhius in this discussion.
Who is moprhius?

morphius
03-30-2006, 08:27 AM
Who is moprhius?
that "idiot' guy I was talking about the other day to MER.

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Well, yeah... that's always top priority.

After Katipan, of course.

Wow! You'd actually spill your beer for Katipan? That is serious! So, when is the wedding date?

BIG_DADDY
03-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Wow! You'd actually spill your beer for Katipan? That is serious! So, when is the wedding date?

Yea when are you tying the ol noose? Maybe we could make it a 2 for 1 event. Throwing a bachelor party in there could only make things better. :)

BIG_DADDY
03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Never better. I've made a lot of positive changes in my life lately. My priorities are falling into line and I really need to focus more on my own family rather than devoting so much energy on a charity and also online activities.

But in answer to other questions, I'm available to help organize events and also fundraise for 37 Forever. I didn't leave 37 Forever but I'm no longer the President.

Good to hear. I look forward to seeing you again next time we come up hopefully. It would great to finally meet your family too.

On another note I just got a mailer for a new Brazillian steak house they are opening up down here. It's about time. Something tells me it won't be as good as Fogo De Chao though. For the life of me I have no idea why they don't put one of those here there's money all over the place down here.

Lurch
03-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I'd have to ask her. She's in charge of decision making. I'm in charge of saying, "Yes, dear," a lot.
Damn. You ARE precocious. It took me 10 years to figure it out, and I've spent the last 5+ years consciously and deliberately refusing to say it.

Lurch
03-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Does precocious mean smart and handsome?
Neither. It translates roughly as dipshit. Who would want to grow-up early? ;)

Skip Towne
03-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Neither. It translates roughly as dipshit. Who would want to grow-up early? ;)
I have no intention of growing up.

Bowser
04-06-2006, 10:23 AM
I'd like to officially cast my vote for October 22.

Sure, why not?

Why then?

jspchief
04-06-2006, 10:24 AM
I'd say the Seattle game or the San Fran game are the best choices. Probably San Fran will be easiest to get tickets to, plus it's the closest thing to a lock win we can get.

Frazod
04-06-2006, 10:29 AM
My vote goes for the SF game. I want to minimize the odds of them losing as much as possible. That drive back to Chicago is a bitch after a loss.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
My vote goes for the SF game. I want to minimize the odds of them losing as much as possible. That drive back to Chicago is a bitch after a loss.

Either would be good. That would be a seriously long drive back if they lost to SF. I know, I know that isn't funny. :cuss:

Early in the year is always better.

Bowser
04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
That's the weekend of UMR's homecoming... this year is my fraternity's 40th anniversary, and I'd like to go... but, I don't see myself flying back to MO twice in October. If it's all the same weekend, I can just head down to Rolla for a day while I'm there.

Good God, are you up for a weekend like that? [/sarcasm]

We'll make sure to have a shot of adrenaline ready. We'll have Phil give it to you, ala John Travolta to Uma Thurman. I'll play Eric Stoltz.

ROYC75
04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
The SF game is a very likely target it's early in the year,warmer, 2nd home game, a winnable game to boot. BTA I thought Houston was going to be as well that one year.

Frazod
04-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Either would be good. That would be a seriously long drive back if they lost to SF. I know, I know that isn't funny. :cuss:

Early in the year is always better.
It was certainly a long drive back when the lost to the shit-sucking Texans in '04. :banghead:

Dunit35
04-06-2006, 11:33 AM
The SF game would be awesome for it and maybe I can talk my family into going that weekend since I will be able to buy beer in the stadium for the first time.

Sfeihc
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
FYI, the SF game is the samr day as the NASCAR race at Kansas Speedway. Hotels may be tough to get for out-of-towners.

Coach
04-16-2006, 08:13 PM
At least the drive back to home in 05 aganist the Redskins was good, despite that the game was close for the most part.

dtebbe
04-17-2006, 08:00 AM
That's the weekend of UMR's homecoming... this year is my fraternity's 40th anniversary, and I'd like to go... but, I don't see myself flying back to MO twice in October. If it's all the same weekend, I can just head down to Rolla for a day while I'm there.

Why is it everytime I think of a party at UMR this picture of people barfing in a fountain comes to mind???

DT

Mr. Kotter
04-17-2006, 10:18 AM
There's a fountain?!?!
Maybe he's confusing UMR and KU....you know the Chi Omega fountain at KU...