PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs in Primetime this preseason

KingPriest2
03-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Raiders-Eagles to open NFL preseason
Associated Press
ORLANDO, Fla. - The NFL preseason will open with the Oakland Raiders playing the Philadelphia Eagles in the Hall of Fame game Aug. 6 in Canton, Ohio.

The prime-time game will be the first televised by NBC under the new contract that gives it the rights to Sunday night telecasts. Analyst John Madden, the former coach of the Raiders, will be inducted into the hall that weekend. Former Eagles star Reggie White, who died in 2004, also will be inducted.

Other prime-time national telecasts will be Indianapolis-St. Louis on Aug. 10; New England at Atlanta on Aug. 11; Washington at Cincinnati on Aug. 13; Oakland at Minnesota on Aug. 14 in ESPN's debut as the Monday night outlet for games; Kansas City at the New York Giants on Aug. 17; San Diego at Chicago on Aug. 18; Arizona at New England on Aug. 19; Seattle at Indianapolis on Aug. 20; Dallas vs. New Orleans at Shreveport, La., on Aug. 21; Miami at Carolina on Aug. 24; Pittsburgh at Philadelphia on Aug. 25; Tampa Bay at Jacksonville on Aug. 26; Houston at Denver on Aug. 27; and Green Bay at Cincinnati on Aug. 28.

The Cardinals-Patriots and Texans-Broncos will be shown on NFL Network, which begins live coverage of regular-season games on Thanksgiving.

The first full weekend of preseason play will be Aug. 10-14, when Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh is at Arizona and NFC champion Seattle hosts Dallas.

Geographic rivalries are featured in Week 3 of the preseason (Aug. 24-28), including the Steelers at the Eagles, the Buccaneers at the Jaguars, the Rams at the Chiefs, and the Giants at the Jets.

The Saints, scheduled to play their first game back in New Orleans on Sept. 24 against Atlanta - the third week of the regular season - will play their home exhibitions against the Cowboys in Shreveport and against the Colts in Jackson, Miss., on Aug. 26.

DMAC
03-29-2006, 10:38 AM
man, thats a long time from now.

SLAG
03-29-2006, 10:42 AM
We are still going to play the Lambs in Preseason even tho we play them during the regular season :spock: ?

DMAC
03-29-2006, 10:43 AM
We are still going to play the Lambs in Preseason even tho we play them during the regular season :spock: ?
The governers cup is all they have to play for anymore.

StcChief
03-29-2006, 10:44 AM

Govenors Cup.... every year even when the BigDead FB Cardinals were in STL.

KC-STL sites alternate yearly.

SLAG
03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
The governers cup is all they have to play for anymore.

it was my understanding that the regular season game would be the Governors Cup

jAZ
03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
So is "Primetime" the new name for ABC's Monday Night Football moved to Sunday Night on NBC?

So is this the only Sunday Night game? Or do we play on ESPN's Monday Night Football anytime? What about Thursday nights?

keg in kc
03-29-2006, 11:23 AM
I believe the thursday night games will be exclusive to the NFL network.

DMAC
03-29-2006, 11:26 AM
it was my understanding that the regular season game would be the Governors Cup
No, I dont think so. I think the Governors cup is like the honorable mention award to all the 4th stringers and practice squaders.

ChiefsCountry
03-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Aug. 11/12/13 will be the other home preseason game. Royals are out of town.

milkman
03-29-2006, 11:35 AM
So is "Primetime" the new name for ABC's Monday Night Football moved to Sunday Night on NBC?

So is this the only Sunday Night game? Or do we play on ESPN's Monday Night Football anytime? What about Thursday nights?

This is only the preseason TV schedule.

The regular season schedule won't be announced until later, but the Chiefs do have a Thanksgiving night home game against the Donkeys on NFL Network.

FloridaMan88
03-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Why the heck are the Raiders getting so many nationally televised games? I know they've only released the preseasons schedule and just a few games of the regular season schedule but they have 2 nationally televised preseason games and they are one of the Monday Night games to open the season.

Do they think the prospect of Aaron Brooks in the Silver and Black will excite people??

chiefqueen
03-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Aug. 11/12/13 will be the other home preseason game. Royals are out of town.

No, our other home game will be 8/31.

keg in kc
03-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Hate to say this, but the Faders have fans in every market and they're one of the more recognizable teams in all of sports.

But it does make one wonder what the NFL was thinking when they decided to have the 9-7 Chargers travel to meet the 4-12 Raiders to open the 2006 season.

chiefqueen
03-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Hate to say this, but the Faders have fans in every market and they're one of the more recognizable teams in all of sports.

But it does make one wonder what the NFL was thinking when they decided to have the 9-7 Chargers travel to meet the 4-12 Raiders to open the 2006 season.

Unless you live on the left coast were you planning on staying up past midnight to watch it?

mcan
03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
the Raiders get the Hall of Fame game, because their former coach, John Madden will go into the Hall of Fame that weekend... Duh...

keg in kc
03-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Unless you live on the left coast were you planning on staying up past midnight to watch it?I probably will, yeah. Because I have no life, love watching football and will hope for a small earthquake that affects nowhere in cali but the mausoleum.

And I wasn't talking about the hall of fame game, I was talking about the monday night football double-header. Why you'd have two mediocre teams instead of a super bowl contender (seachickens) open for the left coasters is byone me.

ChiefsCountry
03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
No, our other home game will be 8/31.

I doubt it, since we open the regular season at home more than likely. No way we get 3 home games in a row. Even if it is preseason games.

chiefqueen
03-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I doubt it, since we open the regular season at home more than likely. No way we get 3 home games in a row. Even if it is preseason games.

Yesterday's Star stated the Chiefs final preseason game will be at home on 8/31. I have to eat and go to a 1:00 meeting. I'll find the article later.

KingPriest2
03-29-2006, 02:06 PM
CHIEFS FEATURED ON FOX IN PRESEASON
Mar 29, 2006, 12:00:06 PM

The NFL announced its preseason schedule of nationally televised games today and among the games scheduled for broadcast is Kansas City at New York on Thursday night, August 17.

New Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards will return to New York when the Chiefs face off against the Giants at Giants Stadium. The game will be broadcast nationally on FOX beginning at 7 PM (Central).

This will be the second time in three years that Kansas City will face New York in preseason competition. The Chiefs met the Giants in the first preseason game of the 2004 season, losing 34-24.

Kansas City’s entire preseason schedule will be released later next month and in addition to New York includes games at Houston and home against St. Louis and New Orleans.

Frazod
03-29-2006, 02:17 PM

Those aren't Raider fans. THEY'RE GANG MEMBERS.

chiefqueen
03-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Here's the article:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/14201301.htm

FloridaMan88
03-29-2006, 04:40 PM

Nothing like an Aaron Brooks/Phillip Rivers dual to get the juices flowing

Nzoner
03-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Unless you live on the left coast were you planning on staying up past midnight to watch it?

Yes I'll be staying up,nothing better than watching two AFC West rivals beating hell out of each other.