PDA

View Full Version : Life Going to Chicago...

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 02:38 PM
I just found out that my wife snagged 4 tickets to a Cubs/White Sox game at Wrigley Field over Independence Day weekend. I really pumped because there are two places I've always wanted to see a baseball game, Wrigley and Fenway Park.

Any suggestions from the Planet folk on where to stay and what to do while we're there? There is another couple going with us and the husband grew up in Chicago, so I'm sure he'll have plenty of ideas, but I just wanted to see if you all had any thoughts on this.

Saulbadguy
03-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Two words:

Gino's East

JimNasium
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I got a hell of a deal on one of the travel websites at the Chicago Hilton several years back. It's the perfect location. I love visiting that city....wouldn't want to live there but it's fun to be a tourist there.

JimNasium
03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Two words:

Gino's East
:clap:

Bowser
03-29-2006, 02:41 PM
You gotta make a stop by a place called Dicks Last Resort.

Be sure and wear your KC gear, too. :D

sedated
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Don't stay at the Cass Hotel

SLAG
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
I stayed at the Swissotel, It was excellent, My Favorite thing about Chicago is I could order an $35 Pizza at 5am

HemiEd
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I go Down Town once a year on average. Frazod works there and goes every day. I would bet he can give some pretty good advice on this Dartgod. I know this much, if you are going drinking on Rush street, bring a lot of money.

Frazod
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I'll post some tips/suggestions this evening.

How long are you going to be in town?

ct
03-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Wrigleyville is awesome!! Make sure you're there early, and plan to hang around afterwards. It's more than just a ball game. Well frankly, it's the Cubs, so it's gotta be more than a ball game, or else why go?

Murphys is the postgame hangout to be at, right behind center field on Waveland and Sheffield.
http://centerstage.net/bars/Murp.html

Bwana
03-29-2006, 02:56 PM

Uh-Oh :shake: Am I going to get another call about bail money? :p

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll post some tips/suggestions this evening.

Don't know yet, most likely Friday - Tuesday.

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Uh-Oh :shake: Am I going to get another call about bail money? :p
Another call? Do tell...

4th and Long
03-29-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm goin' to California with an achin' in my heart.

Halfcan
03-29-2006, 03:03 PM
I would stay in a hotel.

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I would stay in a hotel.
See? That's what makes this place so great. You can't get that kind of advice anywhere else.

Hoover
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Stay downtown on Michigan Ave.

My wife and I always priceline a 4 star hotel for 100 buck a night, then take the train up to the game.

morphius
03-29-2006, 03:28 PM

The first time we went there we didn't know what we were getting into, just needed food and were there, was a good time though.

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 03:31 PM

My wife and I always priceline a 4 star hotel for 100 buck a night, then take the train up to the game.
What hotels would that include?

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 03:34 PM

We went to Dick's Last Resort in San Diego for New Years Eve in 2004/5. It was a blast.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-29-2006, 03:47 PM
IF you see a motel called the "FudgePacker IN" definitely DO NOT stay there.

Skip Towne
03-29-2006, 03:50 PM
IF you see a motel called the "FudgePacker IN" definitely DO NOT stay there.
Heh. The dining hall at Colorado U. is named Alfred Packer Hall after the cannibal.

Spicy McHaggis
03-29-2006, 04:01 PM

Good advice. The train runs almost directly into Wrigleyville and your wife will probably enjoy Michigan Ave. After the game I'd just stay around and hop from bar to bar. There's a cool hookah bar too called the Samah Lounge in Wrigleyville if you're into that sort of thing.

sedated
03-29-2006, 04:13 PM
What hotels would that include?

the Cass is just off Michigan.

it's cheap, but don't stay there, unless you like housing projects

that's all I have to say about that.

Cormac
03-29-2006, 05:35 PM
1. sedated is correct (how often do you hear that :p) - don't stay at the Cass. It's central and cheap and skanky as all hell.

2. Try www.hotrooms.com - I haven't used it, but friends who visit Chicago swear by it for good value hotel rooms. FWIW.

3. Stay on the Magnificent Mile if you can. You can get everywhere from there, and it's neat.

4. I've stayed at the Crown Plaza Allerton - rooms are tiny (same way all over Chicago), but it was about $130/night reg price a few years ago, it's nice, and it's in a perfect location.

5. If you go to Gino's East at dinnertime you'll face a 3 hr wait. Plan accordingly.

6. The 95th floor of the Hancock is well worth it at night. There's a bar up there if you want to eat elsewhere. The restaurant is so-so and pricey.

Frazod
03-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Allright. Frazod's visitor guide for Chicago.

1. Bring a shitload of two things, money and patience. You will be here on the absolute busiest tourist weekend. Everything will be crowded; everything will be expensive.

2. I concur with getting a hotel room downtown. Make your reservations NOW. As I live here, booking hotel rooms downtown isn't something I do, but you might try the Embassy Suites at River East Center - that would be fairly centrally located for tourist purposes.

3. TAKE THE SUBWAY NORTH TO WRIGLEY FIELD. DO NOT DRIVE. Wrigleyville is congested as hell anyway, and if there's a game on, it degenerates into gridlock. Plus, Wrigley basically has no official parking, so you basically get fleeced by mom-and-pop private lots. For popular series like this, they really ratchet up prices.

4. Taste of Chicago will be going on during this weekend. This is an enormous food festival in Grant Park. There will be over ONE MILLION people there at any given time. If you can't handle MASSIVE crowds, extreme heat, long lines, and inflated food prices, STAY AWAY FROM THE TASTE OF CHICAGO. Personally, I'd sooner get Broncos tatoo on my forehead than go there, but it's a popular event. Better for the kiddies, though, IMO.

5. As far as museums/attractions go, my favorites are the Shedd Aquarium and the Museum of Science and Industry. Shedd is downtown near Soldier Field. Science and Industry is about four miles south on Lake Shore Drive. BOTH WILL BE VERY, VERY CROWDED. I think you can get tickets in advance. If you have any intention of going to either, I strongly recommend that you do so. The Field Museum is near the Aquarium, but I found it to be rather boring beyond the dinosaur bones.

6. I would recommend Sears Tower or the Hancock skydecks if you've never been there. Again, as with everything else, be prepared to wait and check into advance tickets.

7. Ginos East RULES. Best pizza on earth. Worth the wait.

8. I would also highly recommend a boat tour of Lake Michigan. Excellent way to escape the heat, and the city skyline is beautiful from the water. I know one of the boats is called the Sea Dog. I'm sure you can find others on-line. And probably get advance tickets. Most are docked near Navy Pier.

Dinner's ready. I'll post anything else I can think of later.

Nzoner
03-29-2006, 08:10 PM

4. Taste of Chicago will be going on during this weekend. This is an enormous food festival in Grant Park. There will be over ONE MILLION people there at any given time. If you can't handle MASSIVE crowds, extreme heat, long lines, and inflated food prices, STAY AWAY FROM THE TASTE OF CHICAGO.

6. I would recommend Sears Tower

When I was there to watch the Royals at Wrigley we did both of the above and had a great time.

Dartgod
03-29-2006, 10:40 PM
When I was there to watch the Royals at Wrigley we did both of the above and had a great time.
Where did you stay?

burt
03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Believe it or not, I stayed at the Comfort Suites....just off Michigan Ave. Nice rooms, great view....walking distance to many great places.

Mosbonian
03-29-2006, 11:27 PM

2. I concur with getting a hotel room downtown. Make your reservations NOW. As I live here, booking hotel rooms downtown isn't something I do, but you might try the Embassy Suites at River East Center - that would be fairly centrally located for tourist purposes.

There isn't probably anything I could tell you about Chicago that Frazod hasn't already mentioned, but from a frequent traveler I can add a couple of tips"

1) I've stayed at about every hotel in or around the Mag Mile....you can get real pricey depending on when you go. I would recommend any of the following if you can catch a good price:

a) The Drake Hotel- quaint older hotel
b) The Intercontinental- very nice and right off Michigan Avenue
c) Westin Michigan Avenue- right next to the Hancock Building
d) Hotel Allegro- It's a Kimpton Hotel which are always nice

Those are probably the more expensive hotels, but occasionally you can get a good rate there. For hotels that might be a little more reasonable:

a) Courtyard by Marriott (East Ontario St.location)
b) Residence Inn by Marriott (East Walton location)- I stayed there last fall...the Manager's Happy Hour offers free beer from 5-7 PM
c) Hampton Inn & Suites (Chicago River North)

2) I'm surprised that Frazod didn't recommend eating at

a) The Billy Goat Tavern
b) The Cheesecake Factory
c) Giordano's Pizzeria

Of course, while I am downtown I always like getting ice cream at either Ghiradelli's or the Hershey's store.

mmaddog

KC Dan
03-30-2006, 12:09 AM
:deevee:
count me jealous

Frazod
03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm jealous of people who don't live here :deevee:

Bugeater
03-30-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm jealous of people who don't live here :deevee:

I don't know why, you live in the #1 place in America!

http://relocateamerica.com/townvote.htm

Frazod
03-30-2006, 12:23 AM
I don't know why, you live in the #1 place in America!

http://relocateamerica.com/townvote.htm

I personally prefer mountains, dry air and NO PEOPLE. :grr:

SLAG
03-30-2006, 12:30 AM
I really liked the Chicago Hard Rock Cafe when I was there...

I was underage with my wife and we didnt get carded

greg63
03-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Congrats Dartgod! :toast:

luv
03-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Navy Pier, tons of museums, Sears Tower, Ed Debevic's (sp?), any hot doggery, Giorelli's (sp?), and the list goes on. I haven't been in forever. Definitely try the Beer Garden on Navy Pier.

03-30-2006, 12:48 AM
I would like to check out the new concert ampitheatre they made out of Meigs field.

kregger
03-30-2006, 01:14 AM
the original Pizzaria UNO or DUE. They are about two blocks apart just off Michigan. Maybe Ohio?

Nzoner
03-30-2006, 09:05 AM
Where did you stay?

Sorry,I don't remember,the package was a gift from the mrs for me and a friend,so she set everything up.All I know for sure is that it was an older building that had been turned into a hotel.It was a national name and somewhat close to Wrigley.

Dartgod
03-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I've been checking hotel prices and most of the places downtown are pretty pricey. Would it be more feasable to stay closer to Wrigley and take trains to wherever else we wanted to go?

stevieray
03-30-2006, 09:14 AM
I keep seeing Dart saying "Da Bears"

StcChief
03-30-2006, 09:22 AM
'House of Blues' if you like that atomosphere...

http://www.houseofblueshotel.com/

Frazod
03-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I've been checking hotel prices and most of the places downtown are pretty pricey. Would it be more feasable to stay closer to Wrigley and take trains to wherever else we wanted to go?

There really aren't any major hotels near the ballpark. Wrigleyville is a crowded residential area. And any lesser hotels in the area might well be scary unless you are extremely open minded about sexuality.

You might try Evanston (suburb directly north of Chicago). There are major tourist hotels up there near Northwestern University. Perhaps they won't be quite as pricy, and you'll still have easy access to Wrigley/downtown via the L. Just make sure you don't get off the L between Evanston and Wrigley - there are some bad areas there.

Beyond that, there are hotels near O'Hare. O'Hare, downtown and Evanston are basically the only areas with nice tourist-geared hotels.

For the things you want to see, however, your best bet is biting the bullet and staying downtown.

Somebody mentioned House of Blues. They have a hotel. It's a bit farther away from some of the tourist stuff, but not too far. You might want to check their rates.

Frazod
03-30-2006, 12:59 PM
What kinds of food do you like, Bob? Perhaps I could point you at some good restaurants (other than Gino's East). The best thing about Chicago is the food.

Dartgod
03-30-2006, 01:04 PM
What kinds of food do you like, Bob?
The answer is Yes. :D

It sounds like going the Priceline route for a 3 or 4 star hotel downtown might be the way to go. If I can get something for $100 or less per night, that would be great.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming if you have more ideas.

HemiEd
03-30-2006, 01:14 PM

It sounds like going the Priceline route for a 3 or 4 star hotel downtown might be the way to go. If I can get something for $100 or less per night, that would be great.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Please keep them coming if you have more ideas.

Dartgod, are you driving or flying in?

Frazod
03-30-2006, 01:17 PM

Here's a good start for restaurants:

http://www.leye.com/restaurants/search.jsp

The link is to restaurants in the Lettuce Entertain You group. This isn't a chain - just an affiliation of really good eateries. Pricy but worth it.

There are all sorts of good restaurants in the River North area - hell, it's hard to find bad food.

If you like Indian, try Gaylord of India at 678 North Clark. Exceptionally good food.

There are Thai places everywhere. One of the most reasonable, yet still really good ones, is Star of Siam.

http://www.starofsiamchicago.com/

There's a Benihana Japanese steakhouse on Superior just east of Michigan. Can't go wrong there.

For really good steak, try Ruth's Chris. VERY PRICY, though. Ate there once on the Company's dime. It was great.

Hell, just eat anywhere. My brain's on overload just trying to think about different restaurants because there are so many good ones. Seriously, it's almost impossible to go wrong with food here.

Dartgod
03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Dartgod, are you driving or flying in?
Most likely going to fly. I have some credit with Southwest I have to use before July 11.

HemiEd
03-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Most likely going to fly. I have some credit with Southwest I have to use before July 11.

I just noticed that Southwest uses Midway, you do not want to stay any place close to there. You would need to rent a car or catch a cab downtown to the Hotel you decide upon. I rode the L with some buddies one time to wrigley and still wake up in a cold sweat just thinking about it.
I figured you would be driving since it is only 7 hours and there is four of you. Parking is a major expense, some of the Hotels downtown even charge you for parking when you are staying there.
My thoughts would be to stay in a place like the Double Tree in Rosemont, which is near Ohare. I have heard good things about that place, nice size rooms and reasonable.
Rosemont is very near Ohare, you could catch the train to the city there. Nice places to eat in Rosemont as well, Mortons and Rosebud are among many. As Tim said, good food everywhere around here.
Tim gave you some great advice, I have been to a couple of games a wrigley. It is a zoo on a regular night, the "cross town series" you are talking about is one of the most sought after tickets they have.

Dartgod
03-30-2006, 02:20 PM
I just noticed that Southwest uses Midway, you do not want to stay any place close to there. You would need to rent a car or catch a cab downtown to the Hotel you decide upon. I rode the L with some buddies one time to wrigley and still wake up in a cold sweat just thinking about it.Rode the EL from near Midway?
It is a zoo on a regular night, the "cross town series" you are talking about is one of the most sought after tickets they have.Yeah, I'm shocked we were able to get these, at face no less.

HemiEd
03-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Rode the EL from near Midway?
Yeah, I'm shocked we were able to get these, at face no less.

I am no veteran of the train system here, I was with some guys that are though. We got on the train over near Midway, then we connected at the Station and went on to Wrigley. The more I think about it, it was probably called something else. I am confusing the L with the T in Boston probably.

Those tickets bring big numbers up here from the "ticket brokers."

Frazod
03-30-2006, 03:08 PM
There is an L train that goes to Midway. As I recall, it's a long walk to where you catch the train, especially with luggage, but that's the newest line, so the cars are nice. The lines are designated by color. Orange is the line that goes from Midway to the Loop - Red goes from the Loop north towards Wrigley or south towards Comiskey. DON'T GO SOUTH.

You can always just catch a cab to the hotel, too. If you're not familiar with the area, I wouldn't bother with renting a car. You can get to all the places you want to go using public transportation, cabs or walking.

Skip Towne
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
What kinds of food do you like, Bob? Perhaps I could point you at some good restaurants (other than Gino's East). The best thing about Chicago is the food.
I'd say your house would be a good place to eat.

JimNasium
03-30-2006, 03:43 PM
DON'T GO SOUTH.

Heh! I made that mistake once. Thank God the sun was up. :shake:

HemiEd
03-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Heh! I made that mistake once. Thank God the sun was up. :shake:

I got into an area showing my folks around, just cruising, that it would not have mattered. I did not stop for any lights, just made a u-turn and headed back the other way.

C-Mac
03-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Two words:

Gino's East

Never had a better pizza!

:thumb: :drool: :toast: :holdman:

Dartgod
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks to everyone for the advice given here, we had a great time on our trip.

Special thanks to Frazod, who recommended that we buy tickets to some of the attractions in advance. Our hotel was only a block away from the Sears Tower and we did not buy advance tickets. It did not matter, we were there early on Friday and there wasn't much of a wait. On the other hand, I did purchase advance tickets to the Shedd Aquarium and it saved us a MINIMUM of an hour to hour and a half wait to buy tickets. If we would have had to wait in that line, I would have probably skipped the whole damn thing!

The game at Wrigley was awesome. It was great to see the bleacher bums trashing the field with cups and such when they blew the lead in the 9th inning.

Also, per the advice given, we ate at Gino's East. We went early around 5:00 and got right in. Absolutely freakin' awesome pizza!

Thanks again for all the tips!

C-Mac
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Also, per the advice given, we ate at Gino's East. We went early around 5:00 and got right in. Absolutely freakin' awesome pizza!

Dang! Thats what I'm talkin' about right there......:thumb:

Frazod
07-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks to everyone for the advice given here, we had a great time on our trip.

Special thanks to Frazod, who recommended that we buy tickets to some of the attractions in advance. Our hotel was only a block away from the Sears Tower and we did not buy advance tickets. It did not matter, we were there early on Friday and there wasn't much of a wait. On the other hand, I did purchase advance tickets to the Shedd Aquarium and it saved us a MINIMUM of an hour to hour and a half wait to buy tickets. If we would have had to wait in that line, I would have probably skipped the whole damn thing!

The game at Wrigley was awesome. It was great to see the bleacher bums trashing the field with cups and such when they blew the lead in the 9th inning.

You're welcome. Glad you had a good time.

Iowanian
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I think we're heading out for a long weekend around the 22nd. I'll have a tour guide for some of the trip, but will look into the advice here.

ChiefsfaninPA
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I am going to be in Chi town from Aug5-11. Is this a busy time of year or whats happening around this time?

Frazod
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I am going to be in Chi town from Aug5-11. Is this a busy time of year or whats happening around this time?

Nothing special that I'm aware of. You're a week too early for the Air and Water Show.

Iowanian
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Thats my 2nd option if the weekend of the 20th doesn't work....a boat float on lake Michigan to watch the air show...but it would include my cousin's asswipe "fiaaaaaaaanceeeeeee".

Dartgod
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
4. Taste of Chicago will be going on during this weekend. This is an enormous food festival in Grant Park. There will be over ONE MILLION people there at any given time. If you can't handle MASSIVE crowds, extreme heat, long lines, and inflated food prices, STAY AWAY FROM THE TASTE OF CHICAGO. Personally, I'd sooner get Broncos tatoo on my forehead than go there, but it's a popular event. Better for the kiddies, though, IMO.BTW, you were spot on with this advice also. We walked over there after the aquarium on Sunday. We looked around for about 15 minutes and walked out. Too many freakin' people there for my taste. If there was nothing else to do in town, I guess it would be ok, but that's not the case in Chicago.

Saulbadguy
07-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I really hate that word. "Fiancee". They should eliminate it.

Iowanian
07-05-2006, 02:59 PM
I concur.

Take it to the man-law vote.

FAX
07-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Has anyone in attendance ever been to Vinci's? If I remember correctly, it's on Halsted in the downtown area.

Every polenta they served came with a number. They started with the number 1 years ago and added another 1 every time a polenta was ordered. Then, if you get a polenta that has a 10k number (10k, 20k, 30k, etc.), you win a free trip for two to Venice.

Ours was number 13k and change. I was about to order 7 thousand more polentas when I realized that I could buy first class tickets, really nice hotel rooms, and a personal guide for the price of only about 1000 polentas. So I didn't.

FAX

CoMoChief
07-05-2006, 03:12 PM
2 words, Second City.

Swanman
07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
BTW, you were spot on with this advice also. We walked over there after the aquarium on Sunday. We looked around for about 15 minutes and walked out. Too many freakin' people there for my taste. If there was nothing else to do in town, I guess it would be ok, but that's not the case in Chicago.

Taste of Chicago is a good place to go over lunch during the week if you work downtown because it's about 1/100th as crowded as nights/weekends. And on July 4th, it gets downright dangerous the crowds get so thick. I had a friend come in from Iowa to go to the Cubs/Sox game on Friday so we went to the Taste that Friday night, but being the first day, it wasn't too crowded.

Frazod
06-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Bump for trndobrd.

Reaper16
06-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I was in Chicago last week for the Iron Maiden concert. I preferred Pizzeria Uno/Due and Giordanos over Gino's East.

Frazod
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
I was in Chicago last week for the Iron Maiden concert. I preferred Pizzeria Uno/Due and Giordanos over Gino's East.

It's hard to go wrong with any of them. I really like Gino's cornmeal crust, although ironically I really don't care for cornbread. Go figure. Eduardo's is excellent as well, although those tend to be limited to the north side and near northern suburbs.

Frazod
10-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Bump for Ralphy Boy.

Obviously some of the summer stuff won't apply.

BWillie
11-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I am going to Chicago in two weeks with a couple of buddies of mine that live in Wisconsin. Where are the hot spots for 22-35 crowd in the city and places I will not get shot? I'm looking for some cool clubs, bars, and a good hotel to stay at.

Que Card QB
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I am going to Chicago in two weeks with a couple of buddies of mine that live in Wisconsin. Where are the hot spots for 22-35 crowd in the city and places I will not get shot? I'm looking for some cool clubs, bars, and a good hotel to stay at.http://www.rushanddivision.com/ Stay around there.

Buck
11-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I am going to Chicago in two weeks with a couple of buddies of mine that live in Wisconsin. Where are the hot spots for 22-35 crowd in the city and places I will not get shot? I'm looking for some cool clubs, bars, and a good hotel to stay at.

I would give you some advice, but you'd probably end up at some gay bar, and piss off your girlfriend...

BWillie
11-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I would give you some advice, but you'd probably end up at some gay bar, and piss off your girlfriend...

Nice attempt at mockery. I do not want to be anywhere near gay bars. I've heard the "Russian Area" from some chick I know. Have no idea where that is at. This Rush and Division place might have to do it

scho63
02-17-2024, 12:37 PM
Trying to leave Chicago back to Phoenix but AA flight delay about 1hr 40m worth.

Admiral Club not crowded and airport pretty quiet.

22° earlier that felt like 7°

70° back in Phoenix

Spent time in Rockford and Palantine.

All old stuff, shitty roads, empty factories everywhere.

A very successful business trip despite the crappy environment.

Bowser
02-17-2024, 12:55 PM
Holy nearly 18 year thread bump, Batman

Jewish Rabbi
02-17-2024, 12:58 PM
Trying to leave Chicago back to Phoenix but AA flight delay about 1hr 40m worth.

Admiral Club not crowded and airport pretty quiet.

22° earlier that felt like 7°

70° back in Phoenix

Spent time in Rockford and Palantine.

All old stuff, shitty roads, empty factories everywhere.

A very successful business trip despite the crappy environment.

How are the hookers in Chicago

scho63
02-17-2024, 01:04 PM
How are the hookers in Chicago

Couldn't find your Mom, sister or girlfriend anywhere.

Bearcat
02-17-2024, 01:05 PM

I went with Slayer years ago... the server didn't seem very into it, probably far better for large tables. It was also perhaps the most deep fried food I've ever had in one sitting.... I'm too old for that shit now, I'd probably regret it for days. LMAO

2 words, Second City.

One of my favorite places in Chicago, I try to go every time I'm there.

We miss you! :deevee:

scho63
02-17-2024, 01:07 PM
I will go to Second City next time I'm back.

Frazod
02-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Holy nearly 18 year thread bump, Batman

No shit. My advice now would be limited to three words: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.