PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman on the trading block?

Saulbadguy
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiRjboKdwPSPO5Mxwm724FNDubYF?slug=cr-meetings032906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ORLANDO, Fla. – Teams in search of a quarterback on the trade market could be in line for yet another young talent in the coming weeks: J.P. Losman.

Two league sources indicated Tuesday that Losman hasn't gained the confidence of the Buffalo Bills' new regime. Both sources expect the team to put the former first-round pick on the trade block before the start of the 2006 season – if he isn't already there.

Bills general manager Marv Levy declared the quarterback position an open race last week after signing Craig Nall to a three-year contract, and it was widely believed the former Green Bay Packers reserve QB would compete with Losman for starting duties. But one personnel man familiar with the situation said he expects Levy to put out trade feelers for Losman in the coming weeks.

"I think it's going to be something that boils down to Nall as the No. 1 and (Kelly) Holcomb as the backup," he said. "If you went through the locker room and people were honest, (there would be) a lot of people who aren't sold on Losman as a leader."

ADVERTISEMENT
When asked if Losman could still win the support of Levy and teammates in the coming weeks, the source painted the situation as "doubtful."

"The biggest advocates of (Losman as a starter) are gone, but he's still a guy who has trade value," he said. "If Nall ends up being the starter and Holcomb is a solid backup you can rely on, why would you have Losman sitting at the bottom (of the depth chart) when you can still get something out there for him?"

The advocates that were mentioned are ex-general manager Tom Donahoe and ex-head coach Mike Mularkey. Interestingly, Mularkey is now the offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins – a team that is actively seeking a backup quarterback and exploring a possible trade for the Detroit Lions' Joey Harrington. However, the Dolphins also are looking for a veteran backup who has a generous amount of starting experience, and Losman doesn't seem to fit the profile.

If there is any inclination to move Losman, the Bills haven't shown it publicly – outside of bringing Nall in to vie for starting honors. New head coach Dick Jauron has been supportive and complimentary of Losman so far, and said Tuesday he's hoping Nall's acquisition will spur some healthy competition.

"(Losman has) had two years now to develop," Jauron said. "He had to play a lot last year. It was thrown on him early. It was a difficult situation to be in for a young guy. So he's got a real chance (to improve in his third year). He's got all that physical talent. He can run. He's got a strong arm. He's a smart guy. He's not afraid to work. He's got a lot of upside to him. We've got to give him a chance to get it out. Hopefully those other guys competing will force the hand a little bit and make them all better."

"(Nall) obviously doesn't have a lot of playing time. But when he's played he's performed well. He's been accurate with the football. He's a good decision maker. He's got experience. We're not teaching the guy how to play. All he has to do is transfer information. He should be able to step up and compete. He's got good size (6-foot-3, 230 pounds). I like his size – his height in the pocket. I like his demeanor. I like the way he handled himself in interviews. He's a very competitive guy. He believes he can be a starter and should be a starter."

JBucc
03-29-2006, 04:14 PM
After reviewing his stats from last year not against Chiefs defenses, I've decided to change my mind, **** Losman

Halfcan
03-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Trade our number one, then arrange EW to play on the other team every week. JP would go to the ProBowl.

Halfcan
03-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I bet you a dollar, his agent is using the footage of him burning EW to get a deal.

sedated
03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
that was quick.

what is it about the forgotten late 1st round quarterbacks from small schools all being flame-outs?

Culpepper, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, and now Losman

lets not forget Cade McNown and Pennington

Bowser
03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I bet you a dollar, his agent is using the footage of him burning EW to get a deal.

Sure he his. That's his entire highlight reel.

Halfcan
03-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Sure he his. That's his entire highlight reel.

He should buy EW a drink.

Reaper16
03-29-2006, 04:26 PM
This is turning out to be a disastrous pick for Buffalo.

ct
03-29-2006, 04:43 PM
that was quick.

what is it about the forgotten late 1st round quarterbacks from small schools all being flame-outs?

Culpepper, Patrick Ramsey, Kyle Boller, and now Losman

lets not forget Cade McNown and Pennington

I hardly put Culpepper in that category.

No way I'm interested in Losman, dude is a punk-ass biatch!!

sedated
03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I hardly put Culpepper in that category.

lets see how he does without moss.

the early returns are not good.

(plus that cvnt-sack ruined my fantasy team last year)

The Bad Guy
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
lets see how he does without moss.

the early returns are not good.

(plus that cvnt-sack ruined my fantasy team last year)

He was pretty good without him when Moss missed a bunch of games in 2004.

chagrin
03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I am seriously beginning to wonder about the fans here, who really wants to have JP Losman as the KC Chiefs QB?

Stand and be counted, because that's a pretty big Matza ball hanging out there.

Seriously, that's ridiculous!

Bowser
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
I am seriously beginning to wonder about the fans here, who really wants to have JP Losman as the KC Chiefs QB?

Stand and be counted, because that's a pretty big Matza ball hanging out there.

Seriously, that's ridiculous!

He can be the QB of selling me beers at the beer kiosk. I'd be down with that.

Cntrygal
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Personally, I don't think he got a fair shot last season. We had the clowns running the joint and no OLine to speak of. Sickening.

Frankie
03-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Just Pass on that Loser, man!!

CoMoChief
03-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Has anyone heard him talk? You would swear to yourself that he's a faggot.

Skyy God
03-29-2006, 06:18 PM
This is turning out to be a disastrous pick for Buffalo.

Adding insult to injury, the Bills traded up to draft him.

Skip Towne
03-29-2006, 06:19 PM
He should buy EW a condo..

Calcountry
03-29-2006, 06:24 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiRjboKdwPSPO5Mxwm724FNDubYF?slug=cr-meetings032906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ORLANDO, Fla. – Teams in search of a quarterback on the trade market could be in line for yet another young talent in the coming weeks: J.P. Losman.

Two league sources indicated Tuesday that Losman hasn't gained the confidence of the Buffalo Bills' new regime. Both sources expect the team to put the former first-round pick on the trade block before the start of the 2006 season – if he isn't already there.

Bills general manager Marv Levy declared the quarterback position an open race last week after signing Craig Nall to a three-year contract, and it was widely believed the former Green Bay Packers reserve QB would compete with Losman for starting duties. But one personnel man familiar with the situation said he expects Levy to put out trade feelers for Losman in the coming weeks.

"I think it's going to be something that boils down to Nall as the No. 1 and (Kelly) Holcomb as the backup," he said. "If you went through the locker room and people were honest, (there would be) a lot of people who aren't sold on Losman as a leader."

ADVERTISEMENT
When asked if Losman could still win the support of Levy and teammates in the coming weeks, the source painted the situation as "doubtful."

"The biggest advocates of (Losman as a starter) are gone, but he's still a guy who has trade value," he said. "If Nall ends up being the starter and Holcomb is a solid backup you can rely on, why would you have Losman sitting at the bottom (of the depth chart) when you can still get something out there for him?"

The advocates that were mentioned are ex-general manager Tom Donahoe and ex-head coach Mike Mularkey. Interestingly, Mularkey is now the offensive coordinator of the Miami Dolphins – a team that is actively seeking a backup quarterback and exploring a possible trade for the Detroit Lions' Joey Harrington. However, the Dolphins also are looking for a veteran backup who has a generous amount of starting experience, and Losman doesn't seem to fit the profile.

If there is any inclination to move Losman, the Bills haven't shown it publicly – outside of bringing Nall in to vie for starting honors. New head coach Dick Jauron has been supportive and complimentary of Losman so far, and said Tuesday he's hoping Nall's acquisition will spur some healthy competition.

"(Losman has) had two years now to develop," Jauron said. "He had to play a lot last year. It was thrown on him early. It was a difficult situation to be in for a young guy. So he's got a real chance (to improve in his third year). He's got all that physical talent. He can run. He's got a strong arm. He's a smart guy. He's not afraid to work. He's got a lot of upside to him. We've got to give him a chance to get it out. Hopefully those other guys competing will force the hand a little bit and make them all better."

"(Nall) obviously doesn't have a lot of playing time. But when he's played he's performed well. He's been accurate with the football. He's a good decision maker. He's got experience. We're not teaching the guy how to play. All he has to do is transfer information. He should be able to step up and compete. He's got good size (6-foot-3, 230 pounds). I like his size – his height in the pocket. I like his demeanor. I like the way he handled himself in interviews. He's a very competitive guy. He believes he can be a starter and should be a starter."Screw the guy, Losman is a Loser.

Frankie
03-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Screw the guy, Losman is a Loser.
Not bad. But,... I dunno,... I think I like post 15 a little better.
;)