FloridaMan88
03-30-2006, 10:21 AM
Eddie Kennison
Samie Parker
Dante Hall
Crap Thorpe
Jeris McIntyre
Darrell Hill

Yet the Chiefs don't feel any need, apparently to bring in a veteran WR.
Also this year's draft is supposed to be one of the weakest in terms of WRs in recent years.

HMMMMMMM

Bowser
03-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I'd feel better about it if we picked up a proven vet to go alongside EK.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-30-2006, 10:24 AM
"Quite frankly, with the out look of the April 4th vote. Our starting WRs will be Kennison & Crap."

teedubya
03-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I'd feel better when Carl raped us, if he would at least kiss us first.

StcChief
03-30-2006, 10:25 AM
All under 6'0"

Sammy Parker
Height
5-11
Weight
Years Experience

Dante Hall
Wide Receiver
Height
5-8
Weight
Years Experience

Crap Thorpe
Height
6-0
Weight
Years Experience

ct
03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
But we've still got Kris Wilson!

el borracho
03-30-2006, 10:27 AM
All under 6'0"

Crap Thorpe
Height
6-0Weight
Years Experience
Kennison and Parker were good enough last year. All that is really happening is that Crap is moving up the depth chart.

Archie Bunker
03-30-2006, 10:31 AM
I think Thorpe and McIntrye can be upgrades over Bo and Horn. Parker is a solid #2 and the draft is still coming up.

I don't see any reason to bring in a high priced aging vet. All the main targets from one of the NFL's best and oldest offences are coming back.
Its time to bring on the youth.

ct
03-30-2006, 10:32 AM
I agree with ya Archie!

Iowanian
03-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Isn't Hill a ST guru?
I can see a guy like him, who can play gunner on kick coverage making the team.

It would sure be nice to see someone like Thorpe actually work out for a change.

StcChief
03-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Kennison and Parker were good enough last year. All that is really happening is that Crap is moving up the depth chart.

yeah...ok fine they are... <= 6'0"

I still would like a taller and larger option.
Bo or Horn were suppose to be that, did they get a real chance under DV to pan out.???

I want somebody beside Gonzo to go over middle and not get creamed by the LBs.

Sammy did ok... once he found his hands again.

Hall did ok... I was waiting for him to creamed and be gone for while.

The size is important to take the hits they get.

Anybody drafted won't be an impact player (most likely).

Rain Man
03-30-2006, 10:42 AM
Since we're moving to more of a running offense, I suspect that we'll be moving Kevin Sampson and Jordan Black out there.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Since we're moving to more of a running offense, I suspect that we'll be moving Kevin Sampson and Jordan Black out there.
We don't need no stinkin' wide receivers!

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2281/k2im.jpg

KingPriest2
03-30-2006, 11:06 AM
yeah...ok fine they are... <= 6'0"

I still would like a taller and larger option.
Bo or Horn were suppose to be that, did they get a real chance under DV to pan out.???

I want somebody beside Gonzo to go over middle and not get creamed by the LBs.

Sammy did ok... once he found his hands again.

Hall did ok... I was waiting for him to creamed and be gone for while.

The size is important to take the hits they get.

Anybody drafted won't be an impact player (most likely).

Horn is 5'11

coach_L
03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I think one of the most important things to think about is age. We know we are trying to get our offense younger, considering it's the oldest in the NFL. I agree, we've had and still have some old players and not only will decline set in, but we're that close to seeing three, four of them retire. Maybe not in the WR position, but I"m not ready to go sign old WR's just yet.

morphius
03-30-2006, 11:54 AM
From what was posted recently it sounded like Edwards wanted to see what Parker and Thorpe can do. While Parker was a big let down early last season, I think he finished the season rather strongly. With our luck at bringing in vet WR to our team I think our best hope is to give these young guys a chance.

Eleazar
03-30-2006, 11:58 AM
WE CANT SIGN NE MORE WR CUZ THY WILL STUNT SAMMMMMMMMIE PARKERZ GROWTH OMGZORZ!!!!!

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm sure glad to see that we didn't need Keshawn.

Psyko Tek
03-30-2006, 01:19 PM

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/2281/k2im.jpg

I love that
if they can stop that set then we'll throw to gonzo

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM

You know, we could actually take Trent out of there and put T-Rich in and just snap the ball to LJ and Tony could lead block for him.

Oh, wait, no we can't cause Carl was TOO STINKIN' CHEAP to keep T-Rich.:banghead:

Dunit35
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Fredex is out there.

DMAC
03-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Now that we have nicknamed Craphonso, Crap, he will forever suck.

DMAC
03-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Fredex is out there.Yes. Fine. Go. Get him. Go! GOOO!!

ChiefsFan4Life
03-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Let's bring Spiderman back

DMAC
03-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Let's bring Spiderman backYes. Fine. Go. Get him. Go! GOOO!!

RealSNR
03-30-2006, 02:46 PM
I hear Andre Rison is available...

ChiefsFan4Life
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Scratch that...someone call up Shawn LaChapelle

or we can bring Sly Morris back to get injured again

Mr. Laz
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Now that we have nicknamed Craphonso, Crap, he will forever suck.
yep, the darn fans have ruined his career just like their lack of loyalty has prevented the chiefs from making it to the super bowl from the last 30 years.

Chris Meck
03-30-2006, 02:51 PM
nah, I agree with the 'play the young'uns' crowd. You're never gonna know what you have until you play them.

Dave Lane
03-30-2006, 03:18 PM
But we've still got Kris Wilson!

Rich Scanlon is over 6' and he would make an awesome WR.

Dave

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Rich Scanlon is over 6' and he would make an awesome WR.

Dave

He doesn't fit the profile. Our WRs need to be able to walk upright UNDER a 6' clearance. And they have to promise not to take playing time away from Sammie Parker.

Dave Lane
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
How about if he carries Sammie to the endzone puts him down and lets him catch the TD? Yeah thats the ticket...

Dave

Mecca
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
WE CANT SIGN NE MORE WR CUZ THY WILL STUNT SAMMMMMMMMIE PARKERZ GROWTH OMGZORZ!!!!!

ROFL

What's with all the people who act like Parker is the next coming of Tory Holt around here?

ARROW2
03-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Damnit Carl!!!!!!!

nychief
03-30-2006, 06:28 PM
We are going to draft Maurice Stovell from ND in the 2nd round, mark my words.

thepascalblaze
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Kris Wilson jokes aside, I'm excited about younger players gettin' a chance to step up... real playing time, etc. Anything could happen. Maybe some nice surprises await. Maybe we'll implode. I'm already gettin' excited to see what another OC can do with this O.

Hammock Parties
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
ROFL

What's with all the people who act like Parker is the next coming of Tory Holt around here?

Parker is primed for a breakout year. He needs the opportunity to flourish. So does Craphonso. You don't just give up on young talent.

Mecca
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Parker is primed for a breakout year. He needs the opportunity to flourish. So does Craphonso. You don't just give up on young talent.

If you like Parker that's fine, but acting like he's going to be Tory Holt or something like that is absurd. If I read one more person talk about how "we can't block Parker" and be serious about it my head may explode. It just gets old when people act like our WR situation is fine, we're in the bottom 3rd of the league when it comes to that position.

Hammock Parties
03-30-2006, 08:31 PM
If you like Parker that's fine, but acting like he's going to be Tory Holt or something like that is absurd.

I'm not. But he needs to play, and he needs to be the starter. We're not going to conjure wide receivers out of thin air. We need to develop them.

milkman
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
If you like Parker that's fine, but acting like he's going to be Tory Holt or something like that is absurd. If I read one more person talk about how "we can't block Parker" and be serious about it my head may explode. It just gets old when people act like our WR situation is fine, we're in the bottom 3rd of the league when it comes to that position.

Com'on.
Samie is the next Tory Holt!
Everyone knows that!

All joking aside, I think Samie has the chance to be pretty good receiver.

Chieficus
03-30-2006, 08:51 PM
We're not going to conjure wide receivers out of thin air. We need to develop them.

And unless we somehow radically change our offense, we won't have to conjure them up either...

Every year its the same thing: We need WR's; and every year its the same result: one of the top offenses.

We do need to develop our own guys. Kennison's good, Parker has shown flashes, and we didn't draft Thorpe, et al. for nothing...

Simply Red
03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
You know, we could actually take Trent out of there and put T-Rich in and just snap the ball to LJ and Tony could lead block for him.

Oh, wait, no we can't cause Carl was TOO STINKIN' CHEAP to keep T-Rich.:banghead:
ROFL

philfree
03-30-2006, 09:12 PM
We've got our four top recievers from last year returning. Kennison, Tony G, Sammie and Dante Hall. IMO we've proven that we don't need a big name so called #1 WR for our O to be tops in the league. We've got the line, the RB and the QB to make it all go so I feel pretty good about it. After Parker returned from injury he played pretty well so I see no reason why he can't have a break out season in 2006.

PhilFree:arrow:

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Personally, I'm not sure on Sammy, he shows flashes of greatness then turns right around and makes you want to shoot yourself. I do think though that if Parker is as good as people say, he'll beat out whomever is signed and put ahead of him on the roster. I'd rather Parker beat out someone like K. Johnson much more than someone like Dante Hall for the starting spot.