Hog's Gone Fishin
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
WHY ?

keg in kc
03-30-2006, 03:50 PM
Breaking news.

jspchief
03-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Because our current DTs consist of Sims, Dalton, Siavii, and Browning?

chiefqueen
nepotism

SLAG
http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/235053

jspchief
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
nepotismThe Billsification of the Chiefs.

StcChief
03-30-2006, 03:52 PM
nepotism
:p

Krumrie's buddy

Wile_E_Coyote
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
nepotism

damn it, beat to the Marty clone punch :cuss:

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Because our current DTs consist of Sims, Dalton, Siavii, and Browning?

This does not answer my question. Is he supposed to be the leader of a suckass front line?

Pitt Gorilla
03-30-2006, 03:54 PM
The Billsification of the Chiefs.That's awesome.

jspchief
03-30-2006, 03:55 PM
This does not answer my question. Is he supposed to be the leader of a suckass front line?Leader? I doubt it.

Better than Siavii and Browning? Highly likely.

Do expect every free agent aquisition to be the saviour of the team?

Red Dawg
03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
6 foot 3 and 320! Hell ya! We need a big wide ass on the line.

htismaqe
03-30-2006, 04:02 PM
6 foot 3 and 320! Hell ya! We need a big wide ass on the line.

He weighs 5 pounds more than Sims and Dalton, and 15 pounds less than Siavii...

Archie Bunker
03-30-2006, 04:07 PM
From what I have read on Bills boards and FA rankings Edwards is probably the best DT on the team.

Plus it never hurts to have a 6-3 320 pound DT whose strength is rushing the passer.

Also Krumrie and Blackmon coached him in Buffalo.

Thats why.

keg in kc
03-30-2006, 04:09 PM
He weighs 5 pounds more than Sims and Dalton, and 15 pounds less than Siavii...And he's a pass-rusher, not a run-stuffer.

Clint in Wichita
03-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Can he cover receivers?

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-30-2006, 04:15 PM
From what I have read on Bills boards and FA rankings Edwards is probably the best DT on the team.

Plus it never hurts to have a 6-3 320 pound DT whose strength is rushing the passer.

Also Krumrie and Blackmon coached him in Buffalo.

Thats why.

7 sacks in 5 years. If thats his strength then his weaknesses must be atrocious.

Clint in Wichita
03-30-2006, 04:16 PM
7 sacks in 5 years. If thats his strength then his weaknesses must be atrocious.

As far as career stats, I only trail him by 7 sacks.

jspchief
03-30-2006, 04:22 PM
7 sacks in 5 years. If thats his strength then his weaknesses must be atrocious.Have you seen the sack totals for our current DTs?

Sims: 5 sacks in 4 years
Browning: 27.5 sacks in 10 years (But didn't he play DE for quite a while?)
Siavii: 1 sack in 2 years
Dalton: 8 sacks in 8 years
Wilkerson: .5 sacks in 3 years

Edwards is averaging over a sack per year. Not many of our DTs can say that.

RealSNR
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
nepotismIs that anything like the NEPAtism of Chiefsplanet as observed by several noobs lately?

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
And he's a pass-rusher, not a run-stuffer.

UGH! I was hoping when I saw he had 7 sacks in 5 years that he would specialize in stopping the run.

I guess his 1.4 sacks per year average will come in handy at least once this year.

Oh well, at least we are finally signing people. PLEASE tell me he was cheap.

keg in kc
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Pocket collapsing DTs don't always get sacks themselves. It's not like edge-rushers who're working one-on-one in space, and have a shot at blind-siding. The kind of numbers Sapp put up in Tampa are a rarity.

That said, I don't expect anything but depth out of him.

jspchief
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
UGH! I was hoping when I saw he had 7 sacks in 5 years that he would specialize in stopping the run.

I guess his 1.4 sacks per year average will come in handy at least once this year.

Oh well, at least we are finally signing people. PLEASE tell me he was cheap.Well, in his defense, 3 of those years he only played a combined 11 games.

So it's not so much that he doesn't get sacks as it is that he can't stay healthy.

Hope that helps.

Clint in Wichita
03-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Pocket collapsing DTs don't always get sacks themselves. It's not like edge-rushers who're working one-on-one in space. The kind of numbers Sapp put up in Tampa are a rarity.

That's the old "McGlockton Excuse".

It holds about as much water as the "Chewbacca Defense".

Mecca
03-30-2006, 04:34 PM
You guys need to look at the amount of games he's played in, not just "this many sacks in this many seasons". He's had some injuries that caused him to miss significant time.

He's a good rotational tackle that plays in certain situations. He likely shouldn't be a starter though. Edwards and Dalton make nice 3 and 4 rotational depth tackles, to bad we don't have a 1-2.

PastorMikH
03-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Well, in his defense, 3 of those years he only played a combined 11 games.

So it's not so much that he doesn't get sacks as it is that he can't stay healthy.

Hope that helps.

So, what are the odds that he and Sims will be unable to play due to injuries at DIFFERENT times though the season?

Archie Bunker
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM

The problem Edwards has is he cant stay healthy. He has played in 48 games over 5 years which equals 3 years of actual gameplay. So basically he has 7 sacks over 3 years. Not great but for a DT that has been a backup most of his career that is not terrible production.

KCChiefsMan
03-30-2006, 04:39 PM
This does not answer my question. Is he supposed to be the leader of a suckass front line?

why don't you go ask Mr Peterson if you're looking for the exact reason

keg in kc
03-30-2006, 04:39 PM

It holds about as much water as the "Chewbacca Defense".Yeah, cause you see tons of defensive tackles posting double-digit sack totals every year.

McGlockton was a fat, lazy f*ck, however.

HemiEd
03-30-2006, 04:43 PM
He was the frosting in the Oreo, between Downing and Snoop. :D

philfree
03-31-2006, 11:03 AM
I wonder how many tackles we will keep on the roster? To me he's a rotation guy who might be taking the place of Siavii if he doesn't get his act together. If commands a double team at an economical price then I'm all for it.

PhilFree:arrow:

ChiefsCountry
03-31-2006, 11:18 AM
According to the Buffalo fans, he has the potential to be a really good player just was hurt alot. If we keep him healthy we might have a steal. I actually like the signing, its not a big move but a good solid one that could turn out good.

Archie Bunker
03-31-2006, 11:21 AM
I wonder how many tackles we will keep on the roster? To me he's a rotation guy who might be taking the place of Siavii if he doesn't get his act together. If commands a double team at an economical price then I'm all for it.

PhilFree:arrow:

IMO Browning will be on the short end of the stick. I really like this signing I think Edwards could be a steal.

KCTitus
03-31-2006, 11:23 AM

It holds about as much water as the "Chewbacca Defense".

I thought the 'McGlockton Excuse' was 'addition by subtraction' when he was cut.

No matter what you say about McGlockton's play...the DL is has been demonstrably worse since he was cut.

Bowser
03-31-2006, 11:24 AM
I thought the 'McGlockton Excuse' was 'addition by subtraction' when he was cut.

No matter what you say about McGlockton's play...the DL is has been demonstrably worse since he was cut.

Eric Hicks agrees 100%.

Clint in Wichita
03-31-2006, 11:26 AM

So have the LBs and the secondary...and the coaching, for that matter.

I don't think McGlockton being cut is the cause of the defensive collapse over the last few years.

keg in kc
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM

No matter what you say about McGlockton's play...the DL is has been demonstrably worse since he was cut.Oh my god, you've figured it out. The downfall of the Vermeil regime was cutting Chester McWilliams.

KCTitus
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
I don't think McGlockton being cut is the cause of the defensive collapse over the last few years.

I didnt say 'defense', I said DL. DL has been the weakest link in the defense as evidenced by the number of draft picks used for DT's.

KCTitus
03-31-2006, 11:37 AM
Oh my god, you've figured it out. The downfall of the Vermeil regime was cutting Chester McWilliams.

LOL...let the hyperbole fly!!!

Again, for those reading deficient, I said DL. I realize that the mere mention that the DL might have gotten worse after he got cut causes all kinds of spastic reactions, but cmon. We can all agree that DL has been horrid and Sims has done nothing to improve it.

ChiTown
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
LOL...let the hyperbole fly!!!

Again, for those reading deficient, I said DL. I realize that the mere mention that the DL might have gotten worse after he got cut causes all kinds of spastic reactions, but cmon. We can all agree that DL has been horrid and Sims has done nothing to improve it.

Please.

You have over-looked the greatness that is Eric "The Roadgrader" Downing............

keg in kc
03-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Titus, Titus, you've been here long enough to know not to take me seriously. Sheez louise. :shake:

KCTitus
03-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Titus, Titus, you've been here long enough to know not to take me seriously. Sheez louise. :shake:

Sorry...actually, I havent been here much lately. Im losing my touch.

:(

RedThat
03-31-2006, 01:51 PM
You guys need to look at the amount of games he's played in, not just "this many sacks in this many seasons". He's had some injuries that caused him to miss significant time.

He's a good rotational tackle that plays in certain situations. He likely shouldn't be a starter though. Edwards and Dalton make nice 3 and 4 rotational depth tackles, to bad we don't have a 1-2.

I hate it when people use stats to determine whether a player is good or not. It's a little bit gay.

RedThat
03-31-2006, 02:02 PM
According to the Buffalo fans, he has the potential to be a really good player just was hurt alot. If we keep him healthy we might have a steal. I actually like the signing, its not a big move but a good solid one that could turn out good.

My friend, sometimes these type of signings can be the best signings. I still view Edwards as a project though. I mean he has had his share of difficulties staying healthy. In Buffalo, he was more of a rotational type of guy, never really had the chance to shine playing under Williams, and Adams. With this being said, he is still a work in progress. Coaches have something in their hands to work with and the guy is young. A signing like this one, makes coach Krumrie really excited.

I like this signing for various reasons. First off, this is a cheap signing. If worst comes to worst, and say the guy doesn't pan out, he can be cut, and we lose nothing. best case scenario, he creates competition in camp, bringing the best out of our other guys. Best thing that could happen, he can develop under Krumrie, shine into a solid DT and what did we spend to get him? Peanuts. Either way, it's a win-win situation for the Chiefs.

*I recall a while back, the Patriots signed a guy by the name of Mike Vrabel who was a backup OLB for the Steelers. I also recall a while back, the Steelers signed a guy by the name of Kimo Von Oelhoffen who was a backup DE for the Bengals. Hopefully, Ron Edwards can be the same for the Chiefs.

Rain Man
03-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Have you seen the sack totals for our current DTs?

Sims: 5 sacks in 4 years
Browning: 27.5 sacks in 10 years (But didn't he play DE for quite a while?)
Siavii: 1 sack in 2 years
Dalton: 8 sacks in 8 years
Wilkerson: .5 sacks in 3 years

Edwards is averaging over a sack per year. Not many of our DTs can say that.

I wonder if that rafter up there can hold my weight.

Rain Man
03-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I hate it when people use stats to determine whether a player is good or not. It's a little bit gay.

I'll bet you initially typed "It's about 40% gay", and then you had to go back and change it.

milkman
03-31-2006, 07:35 PM
IMO Browning will be on the short end of the stick. I really like this signing I think Edwards could be a steal.

I think it's more likely that this will enable the Chiefs move of Wilkerson to DE, where he should have been to begin with.

It's rediculous that he had to be used in the DT rotation.

JakeT
03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm looking at it this way

Edwards + Simms + health issues = 1 good DT

which is better than we were last year

bringbackmarty
03-31-2006, 09:13 PM
isn't ron edwards the guy who can talk to dead people.

melbar
03-31-2006, 09:49 PM
How come this guy onlly plays a third of the games every other year? Is he injury prone?

johnson&green
03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
the chiefs really needed someone to replace dolton and browning because they are both in their 30s and they SUCK but sims is ok.

TEX
03-31-2006, 09:59 PM
How come this guy onlly plays a third of the games every other year? Is he injury prone?

Ask Kendrell Bell...

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:00 PM
I think it's more likely that this will enable the Chiefs move of Wilkerson to DE, where he should have been to begin with.

It's rediculous that he had to be used in the DT rotation.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Its redicules you can't spell ridicules noob-lol

milkman
03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Its redicules you can't spell ridicules noob-lol

It's rediculous that you don't realize that I always spell ridiculous wrong, just as I always say/write rediculosity when I am speaking of ridiculousness.

For future reference when I am speaking of your moronity, I will refer to it as moronacy.

Some things just seem right, even if they are wrong.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
It's rediculous that you don't realize that I always spell ridiculous wrong, just as I always say/write rediculosity when I am speaking of ridiculousness.

For future reference when I am speaking of your moronity, I will refer to it as moronacy.

Some things just seem right, even if they are wrong.

Nice comeback try coming from a guy that gets pissed about Simms.
Too bad it is "moronically"-an adj for moron-according to Funk and Wagnalls Standard dictionary.

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
lern too spel nob

milkman
03-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Nice comeback try coming from a guy that gets pissed about Simms.
Too bad it is "moronically"-an adj for moron-according to Funk and Wagnalls Standard dictionary.

I believe if I say "Your moronity is unequaled", moronity is the noun in that statement.

http://m-w.com/dictionary/moronity

mo·ron·i·ty /m&-'rä-n&-tE, mo-/ noun

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
I believe if I say "Your moronity is unequaled", moronity is the noun in that statement.

http://m-w.com/dictionary/moronity

mo·ron·i·ty /m&-'rä-n&-tE, mo-/ noun

lol, :banghead: I think it is redicules we are argueing over nouns and adjectives. Damm I can't wait until football season starts.

milkman
03-31-2006, 11:00 PM
lol, :banghead: I think it is redicules we are argueing over nouns and adjectives. Damm I can't wait until football season starts.

Why?

I gots to show off my 5th grade edumacation!

Halfcan
03-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Why?

lol got me beat by two grades.

Skip Towne
03-31-2006, 11:25 PM
Why?

You're claiming 5th grade now? You have reached great heights of moronocrity.

milkman
03-31-2006, 11:40 PM
You're claiming 5th grade now? You have reached great heights of moronocrity.

Yep, I got a moronastic brain.

Skip Towne
03-31-2006, 11:52 PM
Yep, I got a moronastic brain.
The only cure is a lobotomy. Then you will have an IQ roughly equivalent to Saul. It's elective surgery, your call.

greg63
04-01-2006, 12:14 AM
The only cure is a lobotomy. Then you will have an IQ roughly equivalent to Saul. It's elective surgery, your call.

ROFLROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
04-01-2006, 02:03 AM
I heard the Chiefs released Andre Rison...