PDA

View Full Version : Tammarick Vanover

Simply Red
03-30-2006, 09:03 PM
What happened to him? Where is he now? Anyone...

Bowser
03-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, he played a season for Marty in San Diego, and then faded away.

Why? You in the market for an Expidition?

Simply Red
03-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Well, he played a season for Marty in San Diego, and then faded away.

Welp. No. But he sort of fell off the radar-screen. Just wondering...

Bowser
03-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Welp. No. But he sort of fell off the radar-screen. Just wondering...

It was Marty's first year coaching out there, I believe.

Simply Red
03-30-2006, 09:09 PM
It was Marty's first year coaching out there, I believe.

Ahh. Okay; Thanks. If I'm not mistaken he was fairly young still but I could be wrong on that.

nychief
03-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Tammarick Vanover = Iowian

Miles
03-30-2006, 09:13 PM

ROFL

Simply Red
03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
:hmmm:

tommykat
03-30-2006, 10:09 PM

I remember Vanover game over.......that was a great game. :D Beyond that? Guess he just faded into........:hmmm:

Halfcan
03-30-2006, 10:13 PM
jail with Bamm Morris.

tommykat
03-30-2006, 10:18 PM
jail with Bamm Morris.

You sure that wasn't Chester the meloster?? :D

RealSNR
03-30-2006, 10:47 PM
jail with Bamm Morris.Bam Morris is out of jail now. He's playing in the USFL

Hammock Parties
03-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Tamarick from what i remember got into some trouble with drugs with Bam Morris.

mcan
03-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Tamarick Vanover is waiting for Keitzman to reveal his sources...

Dunit35
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Bam Morris is out of jail now. He's playing in the USFL

I thought he was trying to play in the AFL?

RealSNR
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
I thought he was trying to play in the AFL?Whatever. He's playing sub-professional.

Nubian Nut
03-30-2006, 11:38 PM
'Bam' Morris signs with Copperheads

By Dennis L. Silva, II.
dsilva@katycourier.com

The Katy Copperheads added some punch to their offense on Wednesday.

Former All-Pro NFL back Byron "Bam" Morris signed with the Copperheads as he attempts to make a return to professional football.

Morris, a Cooper, Texas, native, attended the Copperheads' practice Wednesday night to take his physical and begin what will be a quick tutorial before the team's first game on Saturday. The Copperheads had been in talks with Morris for the past three weeks after strong recommendation from strength and conditioning coach Dewey Thomas, who had been training with Morris at Velocity (Sugarland, Texas).

"Coach Dewey has been training me and working out with me. It's been a long time (since he last played pro football five years ago)," Morris said. "It's a challenge I'm looking forward to and I'm hoping for a good outcome.

"I want to get my quickness back and get back in playing shape so that come June or July, a (NFL) team may bring me in."

Morris, a 1994 NFL draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, played 75 games in the NFL as a member of the Steeler Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs. He averaged 3.9 attempts per carry and was a member of the Steelers Super Bowl XXX team, gaining 73 yards in 19 carries.

"We're going to have a cram tutorial with him," Copperheads coach Bryan Blake said. "We plan on getting him on the field this weekend against Beaumont. We do a lot of running, a lot of short yardage situations, and when we get down inside the goal line, we love to pound the ball.

"He's a great asset for this team and I'm lucky to have him. He's going to fit in perfect for us."

Unfortunately for Morris, his NFL career has taken a back seat to his off field troubles. In 1996, he pleaded guilty to felony possession of Marijuana. In 1997, he was arraigned in Baltimore after having been accused of assault on a female.

In August 2000, Morris, 6 feet tall and 245 pounds, pleaded guilty to two counts of Federal drug trafficking and was sentenced to 30 months in prison. His last endeaver occurred in September 2001 when he was convicted of violating his parole that stemmed from a 1996 plea bargain. He was thereby sentenced to 10 years in a Texas prison.

However, despite those mishaps, Morris is determined to make a comeback after being clean for five years.

"All that I've been through has definitely gotten my attention towards doing the right thing," Morris said. "I just need to stay positive. I don't have to prove anything to anybody. This (comeback) is for me.

"Being drug and alcohol free for the past five, six years, I want to see where I am physically and mentally."

Morris signed his contract midway through practice and was eager to get on the field, practicing and getting acclimated to his new team, as well as a new way of life.

"There's nothing to lose at all," Blake said. "This is exactly what this league (NIFL) is for. This is a springboard for higher leagues and this is perfect for his situation. He's ready to get back in the league and he's going to use this to get there. We're a new franchise and he's ready to be a part of it."

elvomito
03-31-2006, 01:31 AM
well he got fat when he was here...
but vanover's trouble was that his "personal assistant" was one of the areas biggest caine dealers... vanover probably split because he couldn't act tough anymore once his assistant got busted and the crew vanished. let alone the chargers i believe he faced

StcChief
03-31-2006, 02:05 AM
We have Dante now, who cares.

Rooster
03-31-2006, 03:26 PM
What happened to him? Where is he now? Anyone...

I don't know where he is but I bought his jersey and I want my money back. It is unless. :cuss:

sedated
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't know where he is but I bought his jersey and I want my money back. It is unless. :cuss:

unless what?

Skip Towne
03-31-2006, 03:34 PM
unless what?
Just unless. Are you retarted?

Fish
03-31-2006, 03:35 PM
............Morris, a 1994 NFL draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers, played 75 games in the NFL as a member of the Steeler Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs. He averaged 3.9 attempts per carry and was a member of the Steelers Super Bowl XXX team, gaining 73 yards in 19 carries. ......

3.9 attempts per carry? Boy.... stats these days just get more and more bizarre......

Eleazar
03-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Sommething about this place makes it immmpossible to type a nammmme containing the letter M and have the right number of Ms in it.

Simms
Sammie
Tammarick

I am surprised I have not seen "Mmarty" or "Hermm" or "Lammar Hunt"

sedated
03-31-2006, 03:43 PM
Just unless. Are you retarted?

my parents, friends, teachers, and test scores keep telling me that

Mecca
03-31-2006, 05:43 PM
Tamarick Vanover is waiting for Keitzman to reveal his sources...

It will rock the NFL to it's very foundation......

Fish
03-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Sucks they aren't around..... I can't find any pot in town.....

Simply Red
03-31-2006, 06:08 PM
Sucks they aren't around..... I can't find any pot in town.....

ROFL

HemiEd
03-31-2006, 06:16 PM

One of the better responses I have read on here. ROFL

gblowfish
03-31-2006, 06:28 PM
A lot of you are familiar with my Chiefs players who sucked page:
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/chiefspage6.html.

Both Tamarick Vanover and "Bong" Morris reside there.

Looks like I'm going to have to update Bong's release from the slam and attempt at arena league football. He has to play arena league because he has to stay away from natural grass....

(rim shot)

Also found some weird stuff on Vanover. Apparently he was cut in January 2005 trying to make the New Orleans Voodoo arena league team (who are now the KC Brigade, I do believe...)

And according to the Lake City Journal Newspaper, last June he helped host a summer football camp with Joe Horn of the Saints. Now THERE'S a youth role model. Tamarick can teach you how to cut an 8-ball of Coke into an ounce, file VIN numbers off an Explorer, or sell weed in Junior High School. They even list his phone number: (386) 623-5241. So call him up at 1AM sometime when you run out of weed or blow. One of his posse will be right over!

Link to the newspaper:
http://www.lakecityjournal.com/show_rec.php?stories_id=929

chefsos
03-31-2006, 06:56 PM
!

NFL veteran ushers football back to LCCA
By JOHN PATTON
Sun high school sports editor
March 24. 2006 6:01AM

When Tamarick Vanover was hired as the athletic director and dean of students at Lake City Christian Academy in November, principal Tana Espenship had a request.

"Bring back football," she said.

The former Florida State, CFL and NFL wide receiver happily made that a priority. And next year, for the first time since 1999, LCCA will field a team, and Vanover will be its head coach.

"I'm very excited," said Vanover, who served as the junior varsity receivers' coach and a liaison between the JV and the varsity at Columbia the last two seasons. "I've always dreamed about coaching one day and landing my own program."

Vanover said he learned a lot from the coaches in his life.

From his freshman through junior year at Tallahassee Leon, he played for legendary coach Gene Cox. As a senior he played for Jimmy Sauls before suiting up for Bobby Bowden, now college football's all-time winningest coach, at FSU.

Those men, his coach of six years for the Kansas City Chiefs and one for the San Diego Chargers, Marty Schottenheimer, influenced him.

During his NFL career, Vanover caught 39 passes for 564 yards and three touchdowns, but made his big mark on special teams, averaging 24 yards per kickoff return and 10.2 per punt return. His best years came in 1995 and '97, when he was named AFC special teams player of the week six times. In those seasons, he had a combined 2,403 kickoff return yards, 923 punt return yards and seven touchdowns.

Now, Vanover has 14 players already committed to play and 10 more pondering the idea. He already has seven opponents contracted to play LCCA next year, and he said he expects to play three or four home games. After the 2006 season, where LCCA will play as an independent, the FHSAA will realign districts and Vanover said he believes his program will be placed in either Class A or 1B.

Vanover said the team won't hold practices in the spring, but will begin weightlifting in May.

For now, the goal is raising funds through events like car washes and dinners, and Vanover said he is hoping two grants he has applied for with the NFL Players Association go through to further the process.

"This is all everyone here is talking about and it's baseball season now," Vanover said. "All everyone can talk about is football.

"They say they can't wait until Friday nights."

Lake City Christian is the third local school to announce either a new program or a returning one in the last two years. Oak Hall brought back a program dormant since 1991 last season, and St. Francis is planning on starting up its program next season.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/SPORTS/203240335/-1/sports

gblowfish
03-31-2006, 07:11 PM
!

NFL veteran ushers football back to LCCA
By JOHN PATTON
Sun high school sports editor
March 24. 2006 6:01AM

When Tamarick Vanover was hired as the athletic director and dean of students at Lake City Christian Academy in November, principal Tana Espenship had a request.

"Bring back football," she said.

The former Florida State, CFL and NFL wide receiver happily made that a priority. And next year, for the first time since 1999, LCCA will field a team, and Vanover will be its head coach.

"I'm very excited," said Vanover, who served as the junior varsity receivers' coach and a liaison between the JV and the varsity at Columbia the last two seasons. "I've always dreamed about coaching one day and landing my own program."

Vanover said he learned a lot from the coaches in his life.

From his freshman through junior year at Tallahassee Leon, he played for legendary coach Gene Cox. As a senior he played for Jimmy Sauls before suiting up for Bobby Bowden, now college football's all-time winningest coach, at FSU.

Those men, his coach of six years for the Kansas City Chiefs and one for the San Diego Chargers, Marty Schottenheimer, influenced him.

During his NFL career, Vanover caught 39 passes for 564 yards and three touchdowns, but made his big mark on special teams, averaging 24 yards per kickoff return and 10.2 per punt return. His best years came in 1995 and '97, when he was named AFC special teams player of the week six times. In those seasons, he had a combined 2,403 kickoff return yards, 923 punt return yards and seven touchdowns.

Now, Vanover has 14 players already committed to play and 10 more pondering the idea. He already has seven opponents contracted to play LCCA next year, and he said he expects to play three or four home games. After the 2006 season, where LCCA will play as an independent, the FHSAA will realign districts and Vanover said he believes his program will be placed in either Class A or 1B.

Vanover said the team won't hold practices in the spring, but will begin weightlifting in May.

For now, the goal is raising funds through events like car washes and dinners, and Vanover said he is hoping two grants he has applied for with the NFL Players Association go through to further the process.

"This is all everyone here is talking about and it's baseball season now," Vanover said. "All everyone can talk about is football.

"They say they can't wait until Friday nights."

Lake City Christian is the third local school to announce either a new program or a returning one in the last two years. Oak Hall brought back a program dormant since 1991 last season, and St. Francis is planning on starting up its program next season.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/SPORTS/203240335/-1/sports
Good luck with that, Lake City Christian (student population 75 kids)
http://tinyurl.com/mpn2c
Note to football booster parents: Lock the SUV. Take the keys.

Dave Lane
03-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Hell he has 14 players. That means 3 get to get on the sidelines at a time.

Dave