PDA

View Full Version : I am officially back on the South Park bandwagon

PunkinDrublic
03-31-2006, 06:49 PM
The first week was funny as hell but this week takes the cake. Cons would love this weeks episode because it makes fun of libs and hybrid cars.

nychief
03-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Convicts would love the show?

Reaper16
03-31-2006, 06:55 PM
I thought it was a stretch for a full episode. The central point, that hybrids are great but thier owners need to STFU about how environmentally conscious they are, is one I agree with - but I feel it was a weaker episode overall. It was more lame whining that the usual smart commentary.

BTW - South Park has always had a pretty conservative tint to it, which doesn't hamper it's success at all to left-leaners like myself.

nychief
03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
I thought it was a stretch for a full episode. The central point, that hybrids are great but thier owners need to STFU about how environmentally conscious they are, is one I agree with - but I feel it was a weaker episode overall. It was more lame whining that the usual smart commentary.

BTW - South Park has always had a pretty conservative tint to it, which doesn't hamper it's success at all to left-leaners like myself.

it spawned the term "south park conservatives."

Reaper16
03-31-2006, 08:05 PM
it spawned the term "south park conservatives."
Yup, which in turn spawned a book.

mitchbade
03-31-2006, 08:10 PM
there is no need to ever leave the southpark bandwagon

ChiefsCountry
03-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Smug in San Francisco. Cartman's line cracked me up before him and Budders went into SF.

Baby Lee
04-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Don't know if it was the best episode ever, but this episode was emblematic of South Park at it's best, reducing and concentrating a series of observations into an indelible nugget of humor.
Smug even more dangerous than smog, best distillation since the redstate/blue state duet of 'I'm a little bit country.'

What was interesting was the Clooney acceptance speech factor. It was a great bit of humor, but I wonder if it was vetted through Clooney, a long-time [ie, since before the beginning] supporter of the show.

Dunit35
04-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I didn't think this episode was very funny. I definately have seen better from them.

Reaper16
04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
I didn't think this episode was very funny. I definately have seen better from them.
:clap:

Radar Chief
04-03-2006, 11:00 AM
The first week was funny as hell but this week takes the cake. Cons would love this weeks episode because it makes fun of libs and hybrid cars.

So, can I take this as your admission that uninformed smugness only comes from liberals? :p ;)

SLAG
04-03-2006, 11:36 AM
the best part was after they smelled their farts they would taste it and dribble the fart on their Pallette, :::lip/tounge Smacking:::

HerculesRockefell
04-03-2006, 11:46 AM

IIRC, Trey has said he hates conservatives, but he really hates liberals.

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
love south park