PDA

View Full Version : Strat-o-matic Baseball?

luv
04-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Or something like that? Does anyone here play that? It's a board game (probably something on the internet now, too). You draft a team, then play each other. You roll dice to determine runs, strikes, errors, etc. How your player is rated is based on how they are doing in real life (or something like that). If they are on the injured list in real life, then they are on the injured list for you as well. I'm not sure I have all of that right, but that's my understanding of it. Anyone participate in something like that? It's kind of like a fantasy league, only you actually play each other (hence the board game).

tk13
04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
siberian khatru would be able to help you with that. I don't know all the rules, I just know he does it while building a statue of Calvin Pickering out of mashed potatoes.

Rain Man
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM
I played in a Strat-O-Matic league many years ago. It's actually a very good game.

Hammock Parties
04-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I just know he does it while building a statue of Calvin Pickering out of mashed potatoes.

What the ****?

Adept Havelock
04-02-2006, 03:23 PM
They still make that game? Damn...
I think I've got the old Avalon Hill game box lying around in the basement somewhere.

Boyceofsummer
04-02-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.panix.com/~sos/bc/pursuep.html

http://www.designdepot.com/

Back in the 80's this board game was very accurate and the game cards coupled with actual baseball cards were very nice. I still have my board game intact with the individual '85' Royals and Cardinal baseball cards. The Dynasty Baseball link looks intriguing, but dated.

luv
04-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I played in a Strat-O-Matic league many years ago. It's actually a very good game.
Dad plays in one. Held the draft at his house today. Circle drive was full of vehicles when I went by to drop something off.

Rain Man
04-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Dad plays in one. Held the draft at his house today. Circle drive was full of vehicles when I went by to drop something off.

Here in Denver, Circle Drive is one of the ritziest streets in the ritziest neighborhood.

Here's one of the nicest houses, as seen from the air. It's three or four stories, and I have no idea how big it is in terms of square feet. However, the guest house off to the side is probably 1,500 square feet. The yard takes up almost an entire block, and has a wall around the whole thing that's probably seven feet tall or taller.

In a neighborhood view, the house is circled in purple, and for comparison purposes, the house that's circled in red would sell for at least $750,000.

Is this your dad's house, by any chance?

luv
04-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Here in Denver, Circle Drive is one of the ritziest streets in the ritziest neighborhood.

Here's one of the nicest houses, as seen from the air. It's three or four stories, and I have no idea how big it is in terms of square feet. However, the guest house off to the side is probably 1,500 square feet. The yard takes up almost an entire block, and has a wall around the whole thing that's probably seven feet tall or taller.

In a neighborhood view, the house is circled in purple, and for comparison purposes, the house that's circled in red would sell for at least $750,000.

Is this your dad's house, by any chance?
Okay. We have circle drives here. The are little dead end streets that are shaped like a circle. I don't believe we have an actual Circle Drive.

I'm sure he wishes that was his house. Then he could leave it to me when he dies.

Skip Towne
04-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Okay. We have circle drives here. The are little dead end streets that are shaped like a circle. I don't believe we have an actual Circle Drive.

I'm sure he wishes that was his house. Then he could leave it to me when he dies.
Those are called cul-de-sac's.

luv
04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Those are called cul-de-sac's.
That too. Dad lives on one called a Court.