PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new 62" Mitsubishi LCD TV

Chief Roundup
04-01-2006, 09:59 PM
It is getting delivered and set up Monday. I am very stoked about it.
I wondered if any of you guys have one and what you have thought about the TV itself?
Here is the list about it.

Mitsubishi 62" Widescreen Digital-Cable-Ready Rear-Projection LCD HDTV w/HDMI Inputs - Silver/Black
Model: WD-62527
16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers a cinema-style entertainment experience with 8 selectable viewing modes

1280 x 720 pixel resolution; accepts all major DTV signals, including 1080i, 720p and 480p, plus standard 480i; Plush 720p upconverts analog signals to deliver maximum clarity from every source

PerfectColor technology enables the viewer to create the perfect color palette through 6-way independent color control; SmartShutter technology delivers deep blacks and improved dark scene detail

LCD Light Engine for crisp, clear image detail; Quick Motion LCD Drive displays sharp, crisp and clean moving images, especially with fast moving images

CableCARD slot allows optional access to analog, digital and premium cable and HDTV without the need for a set-top box (Contact your local cable company for more information)

480-line motion-adaptive 3D Y/C digital comb filter delivers state-of-the-art detail and color enhancement

Component video inputs make it easy to hook up a DVD player and optimize DVD output for stunning picture quality

Progressive scanning maximizes the picture quality of progressive-scan DVD players, set-top boxes and digital video recorders

Inputs: 2 component video, 3 S-video (1 front, 2 rear), 2 HDMI with DVI stereo audio, 2 RF, 3 A/V, 2 IEEE 1394 (FireWire), 1 CableCARD

Outputs: 1 stereo audio, 1 A/V, 2 NetCommand/G-Link IR, 1 coaxial digital audio

2 built-in 10W full-range stereo speakers; Level Sound volume leveler prevents volume fluctuations and is ideal for night viewing

Virtual surround sound recreates the experience of cinema sound

V-Chip parental controls keep children from being exposed to undesirable material

Other convenient features include on-screen menus with ChannelView, fullscreen image freeze, A/V adjustment, day/night mode, sleep timer, IR learning, TV Guide on-screen, NetCommand and more

Hoover
04-01-2006, 10:04 PM
What did it cost?

Logical
04-01-2006, 10:05 PM
In my bedroom I have the 57 inch version of that TV I bought just a couple of months ago. You will be please it is a fantastic set.

Congrats.

P.S in the living room I have a 4 year old 65 inch Mitsubishi HD compatible Big Screen I bought 4 years ago and its has been perfect, not one problem.

Chief Roundup
04-01-2006, 10:05 PM
About 3300 tax and all.

Chief Roundup
04-01-2006, 10:13 PM
In my bedroom I have the 57 inch version of that TV I bought just a couple of months ago. You will be please it is a fantastic set.

Congrats.

P.S in the living room I have a 4 year old 62 inch Mitsubishi HD compatible Big Screen I bought 4 years ago and its has been perfect, not one problem.
cool thanks I figured that I would be. It had a great picture in the store but you kind of expect that. Not to mention it is massive.

Fat Elvis
04-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Just make sure you have a good HD signal being sent to it. A screen that size will show every imperfection in the signal. If you plan on watching SD programming, eh, poor you. If you do watch HD content almost exclusively, you'll be a happy camper.

Logical
04-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Just make sure you have a good HD signal being sent to it. A screen that size will show every imperfection in the signal. If you plan on watching SD programming, eh, poor you. If you do watch HD content almost exclusively, you'll be a happy camper.

Nah that is not true, I know for a fact that my picture on Standard Definition is better than it was on my 32 inch, whether you are talking my 65 inch Big Screen or on my 57 inch Mitsu same model type that he bought.

ChiefsFanatic
04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Silver/Black

It sucks.

ChiefsCountry
04-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Its a good model, my parents have the 65" one. Great tv.

Fat Elvis
04-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Nah that is not true, I know for a fact that my picture on Standard Definition is better than it was on my 32 inch, whether you are talking my 65 inch Big Screen or on my 57 inch Mitsu same model type that he bought.

Interesting...that is good to hear.....

HMc
04-02-2006, 02:17 AM
none of you guys have plasmas eh?

Rain Man
04-02-2006, 03:16 PM
I bought a big screen TV a while back the incorporates the latest in miniaturization. It's a big screen TV that has a picture that only takes up 27 inches of space. It's really cutting-edge stuff.

Pants
04-02-2006, 04:45 PM

Uhhh, I don't know, our 55" Sony (best in it's size according to Consumer Report) shows the imperfections like a mother****er. You can even tell a difference from DVD to DVD. Non HD TV signal doesn't look to good due to that. Also, it's widescreen, so you either have to watch the TV in a much smaller size, stretched out or having it cut off a part of the picture. It's awesome with DVD's though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I have a Toshiba 46H84, 46". It has the best picture of any 1st generation HDMI rear projection TV I've seen. The only projection TV I've seen that's better are the newer Sony XBR's. Only paid 999 for it at BB last June. I'd highly recommend a Toshiba to any HDTV customer.

QuikSsurfer
04-02-2006, 05:53 PM
lol
i like how the first post to this thread was "how much did it cost" :)
all's i knows is i want me one of those - let me know how the alien series looks/feels on it

QuikSsurfer
04-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Interesting...that is good to hear.....
lol

Mr. Laz
04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Mitsubishi 62" Widescreen

Dang :eek:

that's one big some beech

got a 42 and that's plenty big

congrats ... hope your eyes don't explode outa their sockets ROFL

milkman
04-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Dang :eek:

that's one big some beech

got a 42 and that's plenty big

congrats ... hope your eyes don't explode outa their sockets ROFL

I have a 60" Mitsubishi that I've had for about 6 years now, and my eyes haven't exploded out of my sockets yet.

Logical
04-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Uhhh, I don't know, our 55" Sony (best in it's size according to Consumer Report) shows the imperfections like a mother****er. You can even tell a difference from DVD to DVD. Non HD TV signal doesn't look to good due to that. Also, it's widescreen, so you either have to watch the TV in a much smaller size, stretched out or having it cut off a part of the picture. It's awesome with DVD's though.

Perhaps you should have a tech come out and adjust it, something is wrong with yours if it is performing that way. Sony is a decent brand but overpriced because of its branding, but it should have a fantastic picture even in Standard Def unless it is not working right. You should not not be comparing HD to SD no matter what. You need to be comparing SD to SD. The only other thing I can think of is you are using over the air or cable in which case you could have signal issues. One advantage to DTV is you either get fantastic signal or there is no signal and when you live in CA there is always signal it never goes out due to rain etc because we just don't get that kind of weather.

CASHMAN
04-02-2006, 08:54 PM
I bought the same TV about 8 months ago and its been great:).

CASHMAN.

Mr. Laz
04-02-2006, 09:12 PM
I have a 60" Mitsubishi that I've had for about 6 years now, and my eyes haven't exploded out of my sockets yet.
good ... then we don't have to worry about what i said being "literal"

milkman
04-02-2006, 09:14 PM
good ... then we don't have to worry about what i said being "literal"

ROFL

Pants
04-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Perhaps you should have a tech come out and adjust it, something is wrong with yours if it is performing that way. Sony is a decent brand but overpriced because of its branding, but it should have a fantastic picture even in Standard Def unless it is not working right. You should not not be comparing HD to SD no matter what. You need to be comparing SD to SD. The only other thing I can think of is you are using over the air or cable in which case you could have signal issues. One advantage to DTV is you either get fantastic signal or there is no signal and when you live in CA there is always signal it never goes out due to rain etc because we just don't get that kind of weather.

Using cable. With Monster cables and sh*t. The best way to describe what the non HD picture looks like is a streaming video (on the internet) that's slightly less than perfect in clarity. The same thing with DVDs, some are simply stunning, the others are not as good for some reason.

Here's (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7299014&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03006&id=1118841724921) the TV.

Oh and it's 50", not 55" sorry.

Bwana
04-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Nice and congrats! Let us know how you like it when it gets delivered today. Is this the first monster TV you've owned?

bkkcoh
04-03-2006, 07:34 AM
definitely get the HDMI cable. the guy who hooked up our dvr sold us one for $25... Price in the store was 99.......

Huge difference in picture...

Kerberos
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM

If these TV's are LCD in the traditional sense then they should look really good on Standard Definition as well as HD.

Now I was looking at the 32" Sharp Aquious (spelling?) and it had a teriffic picture on lower standard chanels. But the HD were F***ing outstanding.

I know my 57" JVC HD rear projection really shows the imperfections of the CABLE system in SD. But in HD it has a picture that unbelievable.

It is just insane how much these TV's have come down in price in the last few years.

About 3300 tax and all.

BTW congrats on your purchase ... I am GREEN with envy.

Garcia Bronco
04-03-2006, 10:38 AM
I got a simalr sony wega for 1500...but it's 11 inches smaller.

DeepPurple
04-03-2006, 10:57 AM
I have a Sony 42" rear projection LCD I bought last year hooked up to Comcast Digital cable with an HD box. Channels 2 thru 75 are analog and 101 through 250 are digital with about 15 of those in hi-def. I would rank the analog channels as a 7 or 8 at best, for example last night I was watching the Godfather on AMC analog channel 36 and it was like watching video on high-speed internet, maybe an 8 in quality. Then I can flip to a digital channel like Encore Movies on 151 and it's a crystal clear 10 except it's not wide-screen. Then for example, earlier last night I watched the movie Crash on Showtime HD and it's wide-screen and better than a DVD, it's like watching an 11 in quality. Comcast has told us they'll be going all digital probably later this year, so that's the real difference when watching with a Sony, not that it's hi-def, but mainly if it's digital. Of course if it's hi-def that's all the better, but analog sucks on a Sony but high-definition is incredible.