PDA

View Full Version : If you could witness any event in history,

Donger
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
what would you choose?

Also, if you could find out the precise time of your death, would you want to know?

Thanks.

Dunit35
04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Europe during WWII.

no, I don't want to know when I will die.

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
christ's death (if it took place).. or.. well nevermind.
yes, i would like to be able to mark the date down :)

wutamess
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah I'd like to know when I'd die.

I think the Kennedy assassination still intrigues me. I'd love to been there in Dallas to witness one of the most talked about consipracy moments in this country's history. That with knowing what to look for would totally put me in heaven on earth.

Hopefully the gubment will release all of the records soon and we'll know the truth.

They did a special on discovery (or one of those channels) about the "magic bullet" and the did an exact re-enactment of the entire setup. Pretty convincing evidence that the bullet did all of that from one shot.

CoMoChief
04-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I would also like to witness Christ's death. IMO that's the story of all stories.

rad
04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Assasination of JFK

I'd rather be suprised

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Super Bowl IV.

And yes, I'd like to know when I die. Because I could change it.

rad
04-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah I'd like to know when I'd die.

I think the Kennedy assassination still intrigues me. I'd love to been there in Dallas to witness one of the most talked about consipracy moments in this country's history. That with knowing what to look for would totally put me in heaven on earth.

Hopefully the gubment will release all of the records soon and we'll know the truth.

They did a special on discovery (or one of those channels) about the "magic bullet" and the did an exact re-enactment of the entire setup. Pretty convincing evidence that the bullet did all of that from one shot.

Ya beat me by 1 min!!

I saw that doc. too, where they re-enacted all the photo angles and made all them humanoid dummies and stuff

ct
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
I would also like to witness Christ's death. IMO that's the story of all stories.

The Resurrection would be my choice.

edit: 2nd choice - The Immaculate Conception.
edit2: and oh, by the way, yes I would want to know.

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Even though I'm not religious, I think that the whole Jesus thing is indeed a great question. However, I have no doubt that his death is probably pretty accurate, so I'd prefer to see the loaves and fishes trick. That would explain a lot pretty quickly.

In terms of secular history, I think I'd like to have been in the room when the Bill of Rights was being drafted. The Constitution too, if I could be around longer.

wutamess
04-03-2006, 12:47 PM

Damn good choice.
I wonder if it happened the way they said it happened or if all of it was fabricated myself.

ChiTown
04-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Tough question, because it's hard to choose just one specific event to be a part of. I'll go with the time period that involved the life and death of Jesus Christ.

I'm pretty sure I'm already dead...............either that, or I'm living in Wichita, KS.

CoMoChief
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM

Well yeah I meant that whole period of time with the last 12 hours of his life to the resurrection.

Dunit35
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Super Bowl IV.

And yes, I'd like to know when I die. Because I could change it.

Theres no way you could change your death date. You could hide out in your basement all day on your death day and still die of a heart attack.

CosmicPal
I would like to have witnessed the dropping of the first atomic bomb from the window of the airplane. (Enola Gay??)

I think witnessing such a mass destruction would have struck a major core with me. I think it would have made me humble and very forgiving. I think seeing something like that would have haunted me the rest of the days of my life.

And speaking of life- YES! I'd want to know when I die. Just like the character says in the movie, Big Fish- "I'd like to know 'cause then everything else I do up til then I know I could survive." I think it would make me a very courageous person, but more importantly- I can plan my life around my death.

Brock
Tough question, because it's hard to choose just one specific event to be a part of. I'll go with the time period that involved the life and death of Jesus Christ.

I'm pretty sure I'm already dead...............either that, or I'm living in Wichita, KS.

Decide against Pittsburgh?

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 12:53 PM

Oh. Yeah. That's an even better miracle than the whole loaves and fishes thing.

It'd be nice to learn definitively if western religion is based on a miracle or a hungry coyote.

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2006, 12:53 PM
The Chief's Superbowl victory in 1970.....as it appears unlikely to happen again. :(

:banghead:

As far as my death, I think I'd prefer not to know....I'm a worry-er.

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Theres no way you could change your death date. You could hide out in your basement all day on your death day and still die of a heart attack.

Perhaps you could change the mode, though. On that day, you could avoid all large industrial shredders.

ChiTown
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
Decide against Pittsburgh?

Long story.

Let's just say, we are negotiating terms. Until they decide how they want to proceed, I'm not going to move my family from Wichita. In the mean time, I'm enjoying my limited stay back on the Planet. :)

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM

I could kill myself BEFORE the death date.

Brock
04-03-2006, 01:24 PM

Please expedite.

ct
04-03-2006, 01:24 PM

Magic 8-ball says...tomorrow's your lucky day!! :p

wutamess
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Please expedite.
ROFL
Literally made me LOL

jspchief
A couple epic battles come to mind, like the Alamo or Custer's last stand.

Or maybe the crusades.

Sully
I'd like to see Jesus give a sermon. I would assume it would be far more inspiring than the other things.
I'd like to see Ghandi's walk to the sea.
I'd like to see MLK's speech in person.
I'd like to find Pamela Anderson pre-sureries, and tell her she looked great as is.

tyton75
04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Moses parting the Red Sea comes to mind.. just to see it happen

jspchief
04-03-2006, 02:20 PM
So what are the details of how I witness this event in history? Am I actually there? Do I have my current knowledge, or am I just an unknowing bystander? Or do I get to watch as a god from the skies, in HD with 360 degree customizable camera angles and zoom?

Hog's Gone Fishin
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I would like to have witnessed what made the dinasours extinct, of course chances are that would also be the day I died.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
My own birth/the second coming ROFL

Amnorix
04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm down with Moses parting the Red Sea.

Was the resurrection of Christ supposed to be visible, according to the Bible?

Watching the Crusades would suck. All of them involved long, slow, painful marches from Europe to the Fertile Crescent. Most involved various atrocities. One of the last ones involved a holy sacking of *Christian* Constantinople. Mainly, you're talking not alot of bang for your buck there.

I'm thinking I'd want a relatively short (not more than 1 day long) event that was earth changing in some fashion. Random ideas:

1. Death of Christ
2. Resurrection (if visible)
3. Death of Julius Caesar (seems a bit quick and boring, actually)
4. Battle of Hastings
5. Burial of the treasure of Captain Kidd (little historical significance, but side benefit of making me wealthy)
6. Death of Catherine the Great. or, ewwwww, maybe not.
7. Battle of Marathon
8. Battle of Tours
9. Pearl Harbor

Dunit35
04-03-2006, 03:11 PM

Ah, I got ya. But why would you want to do that? Just to cheat death maybe?

jspchief
04-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Watching the Crusades would suck. All of them involved long, slow, painful marches from Europe to the Fertile Crescent. Most involved various atrocities. One of the last ones involved a holy sacking of *Christian* Constantinople. Mainly, you're talking not alot of bang for your buck there.
Yea, I didn't really know names of any great battles from ancient times. Just about any of the epic battles, as long as it included swords and axes and hacking off of limbs and such. Maybe the siege of a castle. I'm a big fan of that.

tyton75
04-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Battle of Thermopylae would have been interesting as well

Roswell NM whatever the date was that the UFO was said to have crashed.. just to see if it was true or not

or... just about any day at the Playboy Mansion :)

ROYC75
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by goxlibutscrale

Please expedite.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

MOhillbilly
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
the Inquisition and the Knights of the Templars being grilled over worshiping Baphomet.

no.

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 03:54 PM
However, I have no doubt that his death is probably pretty accurate, so I'd prefer to see the loaves and fishes trick. That would explain a lot pretty quickly.

:LOL:

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Please expedite.
ROFL ROFL

JBucc
04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Battle of Thermopylae would have been interesting as well

That would be pretty cool

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
I would like to have witnessed what made the dinasours extinct, of course chances are that would also be the day I died.

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/158/1027/320/Impact.jpg

Clint in Wichita
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
The creation of the universe.

No.

DJay23
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm a big WWII buff so I'd like to be there on D-Day to watch it all unfold the way it did.

I don't want to know when I die. I'd rather be unassuming.

JBucc
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Well I just dropped a bowl of sasla on my keyboard, so I kinda wish I could go back in time and tell myself to not do that

Bwana
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Because of the close proximity to where I live, I would like to see the battle of the Little Bighorn.

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 04:15 PM
Well I just dropped a bowl of sasla on my keyboard, so I kinda wish I could go back in time and tell myself to not do that

Is it too late for me to change my vote? I want to be able to make fun of him when it happened.

JBucc
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Is it too late for me to change my vote? I want to be able to make fun of him when it happened.It got all in the keys and I decided it wasn't worth cleaning up so I just trashed it and brought out my old one.

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 04:20 PM
It got all in the keys and I decided it wasn't worth cleaning up so I just trashed it and brought out my old one.

Ha ha. You spilled salsa all over -

Eh. It's just not the same when you do it later.

ZepSinger
04-03-2006, 04:43 PM
1. The Resurrection
2. The first atomic bomb test at Los Alamos
3. The Kennedy assassination
4. Hendrix at Woodstock

No, I would NOT want to know my death date.

Rain Man
04-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Some other events that would be cool to see:

1. The takedown of the Incan Empire
2. The fall of Rome
3. The last 30 days of construction of the Great Pyramid
4. The Gettysburg Address
5. Washington's speech to the troops
6. The signing of the Magna Carta
7. The battle of Agincourt
8. The battle of Hastings
9. If we could change history, it'd sure be nice to be at the Library at Alexandria ten minutes before the fire started.
10. The Colosseum during a match

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 05:05 PM

lol nice

Dave Lane
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Damn good choice.
I wonder if it happened the way they said it happened or if all of it was fabricated myself.

If you want to know ask me I have tons of background on it. And the answer is you would be somewhere in Palestine by yourself.

Dave

Dave Lane
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM

If we could change history, it'd sure be nice to be at the Library at Alexandria ten minutes before the fire started.

With several fire extinquishers.

Dave

Skip Towne
04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
The Dalton Raid on Coffeyville or Gettysburg. I would get more bang for the buck with Gettysburg because it lasted 3 days as opposed to 20 minutes for the Daltons.

Hydrae
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Does witness being present? If so, I want to witness Armstrong stepping on the moon since that means I get to be there too! :thumb:

No, don't want to know when I will die.

VonneMarie
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
1) The Titanic (contruction and all that)
2) MLK I Have A Dream Speech
3) The Hindenburg
4) The Gettysburg Address
5) Pearl Harbor
6) Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (From the decision to drop the bomb to everything that happened after)

And no I don't want know when I'll die.

mike_b_284
04-03-2006, 06:04 PM
can we change the historic event? or bet on it?

no I don't think I would want to know when I die.

Donger
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
For clarification, yes, you are there (whenever and wherever), and you know what is going to happen. And yes, you can replay the event as many times as you like.

You cannot change the event, however. Just a bystander.

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
So many choices...

I wouldn't have minded meeting Sir Issac when he was writing the Principia and having the discussion of a lifetime.

Sitting in while Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great would really have been something incredible to me. Two of histories greatest minds (for vastly different reasons, though.)

For dark amusement, I would liked to have watched the Russian Nobles and their multiple attempts on Gregor Rasputin. I think it would have been a real "comedy of errors".

Finally, if I'm allowed to moderately intervene and not just watch, I'd have pushed a certain German Artillery Corporal just a few feet closer to that shell blast back in WW1, and saved the world a lot of trouble.

Nope, I wouldn't want to know when I die. Why ruin the novel by skipping to the last chapter?

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM

1. The takedown of the Incan Empire
2. The fall of Rome
3. The last 30 days of construction of the Great Pyramid
4. The Gettysburg Address
5. Washington's speech to the troops
6. The signing of the Magna Carta
7. The battle of Agincourt
8. The battle of Hastings
9. If we could change history, it'd sure be nice to be at the Library at Alexandria ten minutes before the fire started.

Fantastic List! Rep for #9!

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 06:53 PM
So many choices...

I wouldn't have minded meeting Sir Issac when he was writing the Principia and having the discussion of a lifetime.

Sitting in while Aristotle tutored Alexander the Great would really have been something incredible to me. Two of histories greatest minds (for vastly different reasons, though.)

For dark amusement, I would liked to have watched the Russian Nobles and their multiple attempts on Gregor Rasputin. I think it would have been a real "comedy of errors".

Finally, if I'm allowed to moderately intervene and not just watch, I'd have pushed a certain German Artillery Corporal just a few feet closer to that shell blast back in WW1, and saved the world a lot of trouble.

Nope, I wouldn't want to know when I die. Why ruin the novel by skipping to the last chapter?

OOOOOH! CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD! YOU A SMART MOTHER****ER! THAT'S RIGHT!

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 06:54 PM
OOOOOH! CHECK OUT THE BIG BRAIN ON BRAD! YOU A SMART MOTHER****ER! THAT'S RIGHT!

Que? :hmmm:

Psyko Tek
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
And speaking of life- YES! I'd want to know when I die. Just like the character says in the movie, Big Fish- "I'd like to know 'cause then everything else I do up til then I know I could survive." I think it would make me a very courageous person, but more importantly- I can plan my life around my death.

but what if all this courageous stuff left you a veggie

there you would lie in a coma until the date you where told

Hammock Parties

Oooh, yeah. In the RPG I'm playing right now, the big city has an "arena" where you can fight with gladiators for money and fame. Or, you can be a spectator and bet on the fights. I'm looking forward to this part of the game.

If I was a citizen in Ancient Rome, I'd go to the colosseum every, uh, sunday, or whatever.

Hammock Parties

Pulp Fiction

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM

Pulp Fiction

Pop culture references aside, I'd want to see it because it's a meeting of two of the greatest historical minds in two of my interests/borderline obsessions:
1)Natural Science
2)Military History.

Thanks for explaining the reference. BTW-The quote is "Brett", not "Brad". ;)

DTLB58
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
D-Day

And A RESOUDING NO to the swcond question!

seclark
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
1.travel up the missouri river w/lewis and clark.

2.no
sec

Donger
04-03-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm surprised by how many people wouldn't want to know the time of their death. Would it make it easier if you only knew the year?

Saulbadguy
04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
The dawn of man.

Time of death: Not sure i'd want to know that.

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 07:15 PM
I'm surprised by how many people wouldn't want to know the time of their death. Would it make it easier if you only knew the year?

No, because then I'd want to know the rest of the circumstances. Then I'd get obsessed with discovering if I could break the chain of causality that led to it. If I succeeded, I'd have to deal with the guilt of having destroyed the timeline, and possibly the universe, by causing that paradox. ;)

Seriously, nope. I don't even want a hint of how the novel ends before I've read it, unless it gets really boring and tedious. JMO.

Great couple of questions, Donger!

Donger
04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
BTW, what the f*ck is "Chicken Fried Steak?" Is that the same thing as "Country Fried STeak?"

DJay23
04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Knowing just the year would be worse. I'd be all nervous not sure when or how it would happen.

What would suck worse if I made it to December. I would be such a basketcase I wouldn't leave my apartment.

Donger
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Strange people. Very strange.

Hammock Parties
BTW, what the f*ck is "Chicken Fried Steak?" Is that the same thing as "Country Fried STeak?"

Yes. In fact, I believe the original modifier was chicken. Some wannabe-homestyle restaurant probably changed it up for marketing.

DJay23
The Dalton Raid on Coffeyville or Gettysburg. I would get more bang for the buck with Gettysburg because it lasted 3 days as opposed to 20 minutes for the Daltons.
I'm related to the Dalton's. My grandfather was one of their nephews. In fact, my grandfather just died and we found a shot gun believed to have been owned and used frequently by one of the Dalton boys.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
I hate it when restaurants serve "Chicken fried Chicken". God damnit, its FRIED CHICKEN.

Donger
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Yes. In fact, I believe the original modifier was chicken. Some wannabe-homestyle restaurant probably changed it up for marketing.

Peh. I f*cking hate being In Texas. How do you stand living here?

PunkinDrublic
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Being one of the soldiers returning home from World War II. The chicks at that time were nailing anybody with a uniform.

Donger
04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Personally, it's be a hard decision for me. Either Pearl Harbor, JFK in Dealy Plaza, Apollo 11 landing or Agincourt.

And I'd absolutely want to know the time of my death.

* Edit - Oh, Battle of Stirling Bridge, too.

Skip Towne
04-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I'm related to the Dalton's. My grandfather was one of their nephews. In fact, my grandfather just died and we found a shot gun believed to have been owned and used frequently by one of the Dalton boys.
I have read quite a bit about it. A lady named Barndollar from Coffeyville wrote a very good book about it. It lasted quite a while as gun battles go and must have been very exciting. Also, the Daltons were related to Robert E. Lee in a back assward manner.

DJay23
04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I have read quite a bit about it. A lady named Barndollar from Coffeyville wrote a very good book about it. It lasted quite a while as gun battles go and must have been very exciting. Also, the Daltons were related to Robert E. Lee in a back assward manner.
It's not something my grandpa ever talked about. He wasn't really all that proud of it for obvious reasons. I should do some reading up. I have seen documentaries about them and they weren't the nicest of people.

Skip Towne
04-03-2006, 07:54 PM
It's not something my grandpa ever talked about. He wasn't really all that proud of it for obvious reasons. I should do some reading up. I have seen documentaries about them and they weren't the nicest of people.
I don't think they were that bad. Bob had once been the city Marshal of Coffeyville and he and one of the brothers were in law enforcement in Indian Territory. The Government quit paying them so they found another line of work. Emmett, the youngest one was just a kid. One of the non-Dalton gang members, Powers I think, was a well known drunk and n'eer do well. The Barndollar book is excellent and you can probably order it from your library. Very entertaining. The Coffeyville library had it and two others and I read them all.

DJJasonp
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
My grandfather was present the day Mussolini was hung...that would be pretty cool to see...witness my grandfather, witnessing Mussolini's hanging.

Being any number of explorers who headed west and discovered unpopulated land.....

Being at the pentagon on 9/11 so I could know for sure what actually hit it.....(but that's a whole other story)

I also think it would be great to witness one or two of your greatest days as a kid.......

Adept Havelock
04-03-2006, 08:09 PM
My grandfather was present the day Mussolini was hung...that would be pretty cool to see...witness my grandfather, witnessing Mussolini's hanging.

Very cool. A colleague of mine was in Romania for the revolution against Causcescu. On Christmas Day they hauled the Causcescu's to trial, and then executed them on National TV as a Christmas gift to the Romanian people.

Like the comedian said:
"Pardon me boys, are you the cats who killed Causcescu" :D

Donger
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM

Cool. Did your grandfather have any interesting anecdotes about that day?

DJay23
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I don't think they were that bad. Bob had once been the city Marshal of Coffeyville and he and one of the brothers were in law enforcement in Indian Territory. The Government quit paying them so they found another line of work. Emmett, the youngest one was just a kid. One of the non-Dalton gang members, Powers I think, was a well known drunk and n'eer do well. The Barndollar book is excellent and you can probably order it from your library. Very entertaining. The Coffeyville library had it and two others and I read them all.
Well, the documentary leads you to believe that they were masochists and bisexuals with all sorts of nasty STD's.

DJJasonp
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Cool. Did your grandfather have any interesting anecdotes about that day?

Not too much.....he didnt talk about it a whole lot....I just remember him saying that it was the damnedest thing that that day was one of the few that he didnt have his camera with him.

I have a feeling it was one of those times where everyone didnt understand the magnitude of the moment until later....

chiefs4me
04-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Peh. I f*cking hate being In Texas. How do you stand living here?

Let me be the first to say great, great for hating texas, means you would never move here..:D but tell me, what can't you stand about it?? What is so different??:hmmm:

chubychecker
04-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I would have liked to be there when whoaskew got his ass kicked by his whore's ex.

chiefs4me
04-03-2006, 08:32 PM
I would have liked to be there when whoaskew got his ass kicked by his whore's ex.

It wasn't his whore, and it wasn't an ass kicking, he got punched..:rolleyes:

Donger
04-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Let me be the first to say great, great for hating texas, means you would never move here..:D but tell me, what can't you stand about it?? What is so different??:hmmm:

It's full of dumb ass Texans, for a start. The unjustified pride for seconds.

chiefs4me
04-03-2006, 08:56 PM
It's full of dumb ass Texans, for a start. The unjustified pride for seconds.

because they have pride you can't stand them, got it, nite all.........:D

Donger
04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
because they have pride you can't stand them, got it, nite all.........:D

Unjustified pride, you f*cking idiot. Please do try to follow along or at least pretend to do so.

Pants
04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh. Yeah. That's an even better miracle than the whole loaves and fishes thing.

It'd be nice to learn definitively if western religion is based on a miracle or a hungry coyote.

ROFL

Oh my.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
A coyote? What?

Pants
04-03-2006, 09:32 PM
A coyote? What?

Are you serious?

whoaskew
04-03-2006, 09:47 PM

Now THAT was funny LOLOLOLOL

I could always ask her for a do-over - minus the punch of course

Chiefs Express
04-03-2006, 10:09 PM
One of the things I would, and will, want to see is when BIllary loses the election in 2008. It will be tremendous to see the liberals have a massive meltdown if they haven't already done so after the election this fall.

I hope to be here to see the Chiefs win SBXLI.

I saw the Chiefs win SBIV.

I don't necessarily care who shot Kennedy, and I don't care about the conspiracy theories about who might have been involved. Kennedy is still dead and all of the theories will not make him undead.

I was watching on TV when Apollo 11 landed on the Moon.

I've read about Pearl Harbor and have been there on numerous occasions, I don't think first hand witnessing of the attack would make it any more real. I've conversed with about 15 of the guys that survived, their stories were real and told with great compassion for their shipmates that died.

I was there at the end of the Vietnam War.

I was watching the news when both shuttle disasters were reported.

I was near Silver Springs, MD when 9/11 happened and I watched the videos over and over, just like everyone else. I do not think being there would have added to the experience and rage that we all felt.

I don't care to know when I die, I just hope that I can keep clean and straight enough through my life to be acceptable into heaven.

I knew that when the towers started falling that there were many people inside that were going to die, I'm sure that they knew too. I don't think the knowledge did much for them in those last minutes. I think the people in the second tower really knew they were going to die when they saw the first tower go down, I'm sure they were in much the same state of mind.

Jenson71
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Christ's death. Christ's birth.

Lenin being greeted in Petrograd in 1917. "Long live the world-wide Socialist revolution!" And the crowd screaming back in agreement.

Napoleon crowning himself.

D-Day

The Battle of Trafalgur and Admiral Nelson's death

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 10:37 PM

Are you serious?
yes

Jenson71
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
yes

The miracle is that Jesus was not in his tomb three days after his death. His body was missing. He had resurrected. Rain Man, is making a joke that maybe a coyote just ate his body, and that's why it was missing. But that's not likely, because there was supposedly a big rock in front of the tomb.

Good joke still.

Raiderhater
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
For me, the number one event I would like to witness would be the signing of the Decleration of Independence. Actually, all of the debate that took place amongst the delegates leading up to it would be fascinating as well.

Other events I wouldn't mind seeing -

Patrick Henry's "Give Me Liberty" speech

The Tet Offensive

The duel between Hamilton and Burr

The Gunfight at the OK Corral

I'll probably think of others later...

No, I do not want to know when I will die. Why ruin the surprise?

Raiderhater
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
I hate it when restaurants serve "Chicken fried Chicken". God damnit, its FRIED CHICKEN.

You'd be surprised, dude. Last place I worked I would get asked from time to time if we served fried chicken, I'd respond yes and point to the cfc on the menu. They would respond by saying, "No, not chicken fried chicken, FRIED chicken." They typically got a blank stare from me.

Jenson71
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
It would be amazing to sit in on the Yalta or Teheran Conferences...

Or Grant and Lee signing.

Or Lincoln being shot.

Archie F. Swin
04-04-2006, 12:08 AM
I would love to have been in the room when Jimmy Page worked out the intro to Stairway to Heaven

Demonpenz
04-04-2006, 12:32 AM
chicken fried chicken is just fried chicken that is supposed to look like chicken fried steak. I know it's really really gay, but i would hate to order fried chicken and it coming out like a tenderloin looking thing.

04-04-2006, 12:38 AM

Or birth for that matter.

greg63
04-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Or birth for that matter.

My eternally accurate 8 ball has indicated that your avatar is in fact erroneous.

greg63
04-04-2006, 12:50 AM
what would you choose?

Also, if you could find out the precise time of your death, would you want to know?

Thanks.

I would go back and watch SB 4, and no.

That is all.

04-04-2006, 12:51 AM
My eternally accurate 8 ball has indicated that your avatar is in fact erroneous.

That 8-ball must be giving you quite the headache with all those big words it throws at ya. :p

greg63
04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
That 8-ball must be giving you quite the headache with all those big words it throws at ya. :p
ROFLROFLROFL

Why yes, yes it is. Bring on the Ibuprofen.:banghead:

big nasty kcnut
04-04-2006, 02:32 AM
For me a few dates in history since i am a historian. The first persons to cross the ice bridge from asia to america

My ancestor lord cromwell rule of england

The painting of the mona lisa

the murder of the czar family by lenin

Patton march to germany

have a few more but i'm tired right now.

RaiderCorporate
04-04-2006, 04:32 AM
There are two one-time-only-never-to-be-repeated events I'd like to see - 1) the creation of the universe and 2) the cheeves Super Bowl victory.

Inspector
04-04-2006, 06:38 AM
I'd like to witness the moment when lightning struck the clock tower sending the charge down the wire producing the jigawatts needed to propel Marty McFly back to 1984.

That would really be cool.

greg63
04-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I'd like to witness the moment when lightning struck the clock tower sending the charge down the wire producing the jigawatts needed to propel Marty McFly back to 1985.

That would really be cool.

Fixed yer post. :D

plbrdude
04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
i'd have to go with living in the time of jesus' ministry.
on a side note, i wonder what it would have been like to be receiving the original radio broadcast of "the war of the worlds".

Pitt Gorilla
04-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Moses parting the Red Sea comes to mind.. just to see it happenI think you'd be disappointed.

Chiefs Express
04-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I think you'd be disappointed.

I'd rather see Moses parting your skull with that rod.

KCChiefsMan
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Superbowl IV