PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the NBA MVP?

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Of course I gotta go with Kobe Bryant.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
What a ****ing joke. Are the Lakers even .500?

Dirk Nowitzki deserves the award, hands down.

pak1983
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Lebron or DWade

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Dirk has a better combination of shooting percentage from the floor, free throw line and three point line than anyone else in the league.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 12:56 PM

You are a stupid ****er. The Lakers are the 7th seed and may even make the 6th. This was a rebuilding year where they were getting rid of a lot of salary and nobody picked them to make the playoffs at all. MOF people picked them to be at the bottom of the division. They have even beat the Pistons and the Spurs recently. It's a shame that it looks like they will have to play Pheonix in the first round as they provide more problems for the Lakers than anybody else in the west. Dallas is VERY beatable I just wish that's who they were playing in the first round.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Among the top 15 scorers, Dirk has the best combination of shooting percentage from the floor, free throw line and three point line. He's also the best rebounder among the top 10 scorers.

jspchief
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Considering what the Kings have done since he arrived, I'd say Ron Artest.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM

Why do you like acting like a stupid ****er? The Lakers are 40 - 35 and currently the 7th seed in the West and they may even make the 6th. This was a rebuilding year where they were getting rid of a lot of salary and nobody picked them to make the playoffs or even close. MOF people picked them to be at the bottom of the division. They have even beat the Pistons and the Spurs recently. It's a shame that it looks like they will have to play Pheonix in the first round as they provide more problems for the Lakers than anybody else in the west. Dallas is VERY beatable I just wish that's who the Lakers were playing in the first round.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Why do you like acting like a stupid ****er? The Lakers are 40 - 35 and currently the 7th seed in the West

So, barely .500? Who's the stupid ****er again?

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Considering what the Kings have done since he arrived, I'd say Ron Artest.

He certainly has helped that team.

vailpass
04-03-2006, 01:10 PM
What do you think the NBA needs to do to keep their TV ratings from slipping downward even farther? How can they turn it around to head back toward the popularity the league experienced during the MJ days??

KevB
04-03-2006, 01:11 PM
I think there are several deserving of the award. DWade has made a very strong late push, Kobe deserves consideration, Dirk is right there, Billups has turned into Mr. Clutch, and LeBron is elevating his game as the season comes to a close.

However, I have to go with Nash again. He's put that team on his shoulders, without Amare, and they are a bear to deal with on a nightly basis. His numbers don't tell the whole story. He defines the way that team plays. He's made Marion (who was already very good) into a complete stud, he makes journeymen like Raja Bell into very good players, and he has become pretty durable. All of the guys mentioned above could win, but I lean to Nash at this point.

jspchief
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
What do you think the NBA needs to do to keep their TV ratings from slipping downward even farther? How can they turn it around to head back toward MJ-like popularity?Until there is another player with the combination of skill and charisma that MJ had, there's not a damn thing they can do.

pak1983
04-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Lebron & Dwayne are going to turn the NBA around watch and see.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:14 PM
So, barely .500? Who's the stupid ****er again?

Dirk has a team around him and Kobe has had to carry his a lot throughout the season right through double and triple coverage. I think the team is already better than Dallas right now. If we are lucky enough to see those two teams go at it in the playoffs I will gladly bet you whatever you want that the Lakers will take that series. You wait and see what Phil does with this team they are going to have a real shot as early as next year and definately by the following. I think Pippen had it right when he said that you could make case for several players in the league but nobody is playing at the level Kobe is.

vailpass
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Until there is another player with the combination of skill and charisma that MJ had, there's not a damn thing they can do.

Yes, true. In the mean time do you think there is any chance they will change the style of play back to something that is watchable by fans of the game, not just fans of the ghetto dunk?

Europe has learned to play BB the way we invented it: motion offense, passing/screening/ shooting from outside. I hate to say it but I enjoy watching their guys play infinetely more than our NBA guys with their refusal to pass, one-on-one playgound crap. I actually enjoy seeing their guys beat our ghetto ballers into the ground in international competition. I hope it wakes us up.

KevB
04-03-2006, 01:17 PM
What do you think the NBA needs to do to keep their TV ratings from slipping downward even farther? How can they turn it around to head back toward the popularity the league experienced during the MJ days??

I think it's happening. Guys like Wade, LeBron, Arenas, Carmelo, Amare (if he returns to form) are really turning into unbelievable young players. Heck, Kobe's just now reaching his prime years. The NBA needs stars more than any other sport, and the new wave is coming on strong. Watch a game with Andre Kirilenko and tell me NBA basketball isn't fun to watch. There are some really amazing players right now, and hopefully the post-Jordan backlash is dying out and more people will take notice.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:18 PM
Dirk has a team around him and Kobe has had to carry his a lot throughout the season right through double and triple coverage.

Ok, whatever. This is amusing. The Lakers have been shit since Shaq left. Kobe's a joke without Shaq.

Meanwhile the Mavericks dump Michael Finley AND Steve Nash and Dirk just gets BETTER.

vailpass
04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I think it's happening. Guys like Wade, LeBron, Arenas, Carmelo, Amare (if he returns to form) are really turning into unbelievable young players. Heck, Kobe's just now reaching his prime years. The NBA needs stars more than any other sport, and the new wave is coming on strong. Watch a game with Andre Kirilenko and tell me NBA basketball isn't fun to watch. There are some really amazing players right now, and hopefully the post-Jordan backlash is dying out and more people will take notice.

Good, I hope those younger guys can bring back a style of play that is true to the sport and fun to watch.
It seems like most non-Laker fans hate Kobe for being a selfish immature prick. Right or wrong that is the perception and he does not seem like the one to lead the NBA back to glory. I'm afraid Amare will never return to form.
Hopefully the other guys you mention plus some new guys can lead the NBA back to playing basketball like we taught the rest of the world to play.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Ok, whatever. This is amusing. The Lakers have been shit since Shaq left. Kobe's a joke without Shaq.

Meanwhile the Mavericks dump Michael Finley AND Steve Nash and Dirk just gets BETTER.

You act like he has been gone for a long time. Kobe has around 500 more points that Dirk with everybody keying on him. The Lakers were not supposed to be anywhere near where they are this season. Dallas is right where they are supposed to be right behind San Antonio. You wait and see where this team is going. Dallas will always be Dallas and have a good regular season only to get smoked in the playoffs. Lakers will already start making a run in the next couple years again. Get used to seeing a lot of the Lakers their on their way back. Funny thing is all I hear you say is how much they suck when just about every announcer this season is talking about how they doing things nobody thought was possible for them this year. It's quite obvious your just another Laker hater so lets just leave it at that.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:35 PM
You act like he has been gone for a long time. Kobe has around 500 more points that Dirk with everybody keying on him. .

Kobe's just a ball hog. His shooting percentages don't come close to Dirk's. He's a joke.

Shaq leaves and his new team is pretty good. It's clear that Kobe was just riding Shaq's coattails. Kobe = flava clown

Old Dog
04-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Kobe has around 500 more points that Dirk with everybody keying on him.

.....and he's only taken 543 more shots

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Kobe's just a ball hog. His shooting percentages don't come close to Dirk's. He's a joke.

Shaq leaves and his new team is pretty good. It's clear that Kobe was just riding Shaq's coattails. Kobe = flava clown

Your ****ing stupid dude I have been watching the Lakers all season. Kobe shoots alot because he has to in order for the team to win. That team has just got better and better this year. If they had picked up Garnett like they tried to they would be making a run this year. They will lose a lot of salary this next year and you can bet they are going to pick up the support Kobe needs.

Just for the record if given the choice between having Kobe of Dirk as a player on their team I don't think you would find an owner in the league that would pick Dirk. I think that says it all.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:51 PM
.....and he's only taken 543 more shots

Tough shots too. It ain't easy hitting them when everybody is looking for you to score. It seems like every post game interview I have seen with somebody that plays the Lakers the coach talks about their one goal being to stop Kobe. How hard is it score over 2,500 points when that's the mentality of everyone you play?

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:52 PM
I didn't realize MVP candidates needed excuses to be made for them.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:54 PM
I didn't realize MVP candidates needed excuses to be made for them.

Now I know why have rarely ever talked to you on this BB even though we both have close to 30k posts.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Dirk has it so easy. I mean no wonder Dirk is shooting so well, he has the enigmatic Jason Terry and the amazing "39.8 percent from the floor" Jerry Stackhouse around him. Kobe would be shooting 55 percent with these guys.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 01:56 PM
Dirk has it so easy. I mean no wonder Dirk is shooting so well, he has the enigmatic Jason Terry and the amazing "39.8 percent from the floor" Jerry Stackhouse around him. Kobe would be shooting 55 percent with these guys.

There isn't one owner in the league that would pick Dirk over Kobe to have on their team, not one.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
While scanning this thread, it has become quite obvious to me Gochiefs has no idea what he's talking about in regards to the NBA. Now I hate Kobe, but the whole 'are the Lakers even .500' comment was funny. The Lakers are actually won of the hottest teams in the NBA right now, and with the young nucleus they have they could be pretty good two years from now.

In terms of MVP, I'd give it to LeBron or Nash. LeBron has been stockpiling triple doubles as of late, has monster numbers, and is leading a team to a high playoff seed without Larry Hughes, the 'supposed' star they brought in this offseason (bust).

Nash showed he didn't need Amare, and continues to put up SICK numbers.

Chauncey, Kobe, Dirk and Wade all get my honorable mention.

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
There isn't one owner in the league that would pick Dirk over Kobe to have on their team, not one.

Is that so?

Seems to me the Mavericks are building their team around Dirk.

Meanwhile, Kobe has shown you CAN'T build a team around him since Shaq left. Kobe needs a Dirk-like player to attach himself to.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:07 PM

Wade lead his team to the second round WITHOUT Shaq his rookie season.

Anything else?

I hate Kobe as much as the next, but to say he's not one of the best, if not the best, is downright retarded.

Comparing Dirk to Kobe is a dumb comparison. They don't play the same position.

Besides, Kobe is shooting 45% to Dirk's 48%, and he scores 8 more PPG, and he's supposed to shoot, being a shooting guard and all.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Is that so?

Meanwhile, Kobe has shown you CAN'T build a team around him since Shaq left. Kobe needs a Dirk-like player to attach himself to.
I would take Dirk and Kobe, it would be hard to me to choose between the two.

However, Kobe is a perennial member of the NBA All Defensive team, and Dirk doesn't play a lick of defense. Avery has helped him a little bit, but pulling down 8 RPG and being 7' tall is 'soft.'

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Is that so?

ROFL You crack me up. Go take another :bong: NO OWNER would pick Dirk over Kobe to have on their team if given the choice. I can't even believe you would attempt to say otherwise. The Lakers will pick up another quality player next year, hopefully Garnett, and they will return to greatness where they belong. How many championships has Dirk brought to Dallas? They don't have a prayer this year either.

For the record Shaq has no titles without Kobe.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
It has become apparent to me that you're both quite delusional with your home team bias. The Lakers will not get Garnett, nor will they get any 'star' player. No one is really on the block. They better work on developing Bynum and Cook, as well as adding a solid veteran or two. Kobe and Odom is a good nucleus, all they need is a little chemistry.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Plus, Kobe is an analrapist, what is Dirk? German?

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 02:29 PM
It has become apparent to me that you're both quite delusional with your home team bias. The Lakers will not get Garnett, nor will they get any 'star' player. No one is really on the block. They better work on developing Bynum and Cook, as well as adding a solid veteran or two. Kobe and Odom is a good nucleus, all they need is a little chemistry.

Well picking Kobe is not a reach at all. I have heard many of the talking heads picking him. I would agree there are several players who could get it including potentially Nash or Wade. The only reason for me defending Kobe so much is goatcheese made it sound like that is a ridiculous choice and that's just not the case. IMO

KevB
04-03-2006, 02:34 PM
ROFL You crack me up. Go take another :bong: NO OWNER would pick Dirk over Kobe to have on their team if given the choice. I can't even believe you would attempt to say otherwise. The Lakers will pick up another quality player next year, hopefully Garnett, and they will return to greatness where they belong. How many championships has Dirk brought to Dallas? They don't have a prayer this year either.

For the record Shaq has no titles without Kobe.

There's no denying Kobe's talent, and I would agree that most owners would be intoxicated with that potential. However, I would venture a guess that at least one, if not several, owners wouldn't want the attitude Kobe brings to the table. It's very difficult to win championships when you have one player that dominates the ball as much as Kobe (see Philly). I agree he needs to do that for this team to win, but I believe it's simply his nature, and not something he'll be able to turn off when/if they improve the talent around him.

Hootie
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
There's no denying Kobe's talent, and I would agree that most owners would be intoxicated with that potential. However, I would venture a guess that at least one, if not several, owners wouldn't want the attitude Kobe brings to the table. It's very difficult to win championships when you have one player that dominates the ball as much as Kobe (see Philly). I agree he needs to do that for this team to win, but I believe it's simply his nature, and not something he'll be able to turn off when/if they improve the talent around him.
He does shoot a lot, but so does LeBron. Kobe averages 5 APG, and probably has 7 assist potential.

Tribal Warfare
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Lebron should win it.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 04:00 PM

I think you will always see him shooting quite a bit but I think you will see a Kobe that does want to make the players around him better. This year already there is a big difference in the amount he shoots in the first half and the second. There are many games where he just doesn't shoot a lot in the first half so he can try and get the team in some kind of rythm but when the game needs to be won in the second half he takes over.

I think when you talk about the MVP some years it's very obvious who it should be and this is not one of those years. All the guys mentioned probably deserve it. If Dirk wins I will certainly be happy for the guy he has had a big year.

I don't think anyone we mentioned sucks and is a joke riding other peoples coattails either. I think to say that after the year Kobe has had you have to be a complete dipshit.

Reaper16
04-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Chauncy Billups
or
Steve Nash

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Lebron should win it.

Lebron is a great kid and is probably have many MVP's before he leaves this league. He sure is a lot of fun to watch play the game.

Miles
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Nash or Kobe.

Runners up being Wade, Lebron and maybe even Brand.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Chauncy Billups
or
Steve Nash

I actually think Billups may have a decent shot. I think he has a better chance than Dirk because we all know the D in Dirk doesn't stand for Defense.

Miles
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
I actually think Billups may have a decent shot. I think he has a better chance than Dirk because we all know the D in Dirk doesn't stand for Defense.

Yeah I think he does too. Kind of reminds me of the rational behind Nash winning last year. Though I think the candidates this season are stronger than they have been in quite a while.

Dirk has gotten better on D over the last few seasons but is definitly still a hole in his game.

Miles
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
He's also the best rebounder among the top 10 scorers.

Brand.

KevB
04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
I think when you talk about the MVP some years it's very obvious who it should be and this is not one of those years. All the guys mentioned probably deserve it. If Dirk wins I will certainly be happy for the guy he has had a big year.

I don't think anyone we mentioned sucks and is a joke riding other peoples coattails either. I think to say that after the year Kobe has had you have to be a complete dipshit.

I just glanced at some of these guy's stats, and it's staggering.

LeBron is going for 31.5 ppg, 7 assists, 7 boards, 1.56 steals, .89 blocks, 119 3s made (34%), and he's shooting 48%. When his FT% improves, the guy will average 35/game.

Wade is going for 28 ppg, 6 boards, 7 assists, 50% fg, 1.88 steals and .8 blocks.

Kobe is throwing up 35 ppg, 4.6 assists, 5 boards, 45% fg, and 1.78 steals. He's also hit 157 3s (34%) and 85% from the line.

These numbers are mind boggling. The really amazing number? LeBron recently turned 21 years of age. Unbelievable.

BIG_DADDY
04-03-2006, 05:34 PM
I just glanced at some of these guy's stats, and it's staggering.

LeBron is going for 31.5 ppg, 7 assists, 7 boards, 1.56 steals, .89 blocks, 119 3s made (34%), and he's shooting 48%. When his FT% improves, the guy will average 35/game.

Wade is going for 28 ppg, 6 boards, 7 assists, 50% fg, 1.88 steals and .8 blocks.

Kobe is throwing up 35 ppg, 4.6 assists, 5 boards, 45% fg, and 1.78 steals. He's also hit 157 3s (34%) and 85% from the line.

These numbers are mind boggling. The really amazing number? LeBron recently turned 21 years of age. Unbelievable.

Those are pretty amazing stats. Any of those guys could take it.

chop
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Chauncy Billups should get the MVP. The Pistons have been great since he signed with them.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Earl Boykins

whoaskew
04-04-2006, 01:38 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron or D-Wade, but I have to go with Kobe, after all where would the team be without him?

04-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Of course I gotta go with Kobe Bryant.

who cares!!! It's the NBA.

greg63
04-04-2006, 01:43 AM
who cares!!! It's the NBA.

ROFLROFL

Is it football season yet?

04-04-2006, 01:48 AM
ROFLROFL

Is it football season yet?

NOT SOON ENOUGH :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OWWWWW!!!!! :)

greg63
04-04-2006, 01:58 AM
NOT SOON ENOUGH :cuss: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ...

OWWWWW!!!!! :)

ROFLROFL

MAAAANNN!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nite Planet!

CHENZ A!
04-04-2006, 02:13 AM
**** Kobe, I always knew that cat was crooked(I know he didn't rape that chick, he just hit it hard),but he had the silver spoon in his mouth since day 1, and he's a spoiled brat ballhog crybaby that doesn't make anyone around him better.

MVP= Wade or Billups - take your pick

as for the state of the league.. all I can say is it's coming around.

jspchief
04-04-2006, 06:51 AM
Chauncy Billups should get the MVP. The Pistons have been great since he signed with them.Yea, the Pistons sucked before Billups got there. :)

ROYC75
04-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Oh come on man, it's the Big Tag, clearly his minutes played is the leading reason Utah hasn't lost all of there games this year. :rolleyes:

Greg Ostertag

* Ostertag: I'm no hero
* 6Sports video report: Ostertag donates kidney
* Friends say act typical, commendable
* 'Big O' rolls into town
* Ostertag 'goofy' kind of guy
* Ostertag, Pollard mean business at KU camp scrimmage
* Commentary: Utah's Ostertag candid about career

* Team: Utah Jazz
* Height: 7′0″
* Weight: 280 lbs
* Last year at KU: 1995

Last Three Games FG 3PT FT
Date Opponent Result Min. Pts. Made Att. % Made Att. % Made Att. %
Mar. 06 Orlando Magic W 90-85 6 - 0 1 0 - -
Mar. 14 Miami Heat L 83-121 7 - 0 1 0 - -
Mar. 27 Charlotte Hornets W 104-80 3 - - - -
Stats for all games

PRO CAREER:
Played in 78 of 82 games in the 2003-04 season, missing 2 games due to an inflamed left knee, one game due to a team suspension (November 28, 2003 vs. Seattle) and one game due to a league suspension (January 19, 2004 at Golden State)...Started 51 times, but came off the bench for the last 27 games...For the season, averaged 6.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.78 blocks in 27.6 minutes per game...Scored a season-high 18 points vs. the Los Angeles Clippers on January 26 and registered 22 double-figure scoring games on the sesason...Pulled down a career-high 21 rebounds vs. Minnesota on November 3, 2003, including a career-best 13 offensive board and had 21 double-figure rebounding game...Recorded 12 point/rebound double-doubles...Had his two best games of the season vs. Minnesota on November 3, when he finished with 12 points, 21 rebounds and 6 blocks and tallied 18 points with 14 rebounds and had 5 blocks vs. the Los Angeles Clippers on January 26...Finished the season 17th in the league in blocks, including season-high 8 vs. Denver on March 27...Blocked at least one shot in 60 games, with 10 games of +4 blocks...Served up a career-high6 assists on two occasions (at Boston on December 19 and at Portland on March 6) and recorded a season-high two steals three times...Saw a season-high 43 minutes at Houston on December 3.

2002-03:
Played in 81 of the 82 games, with 74 starts, missing the March 16 at Cleveland, due to a concussion suffered in the March 14 game at Indiana...Started the first four games of the season, but came off the bench for the next seven games... Inserted back into the starting lineup on November 19, 2002 vs. Phoenix and remained there the rest of the season... Averaged 5.4 points, while shooting a career-high .518 percent from the field...Scored a season-high 16 points twice (December 20, 2002 at Dallas and March 29, 2003 at San Antonio) and for the season scored in double-figures 11 times...Third leading rebounder on the team, averaging 6.2 rpg...Pulled down a season-high 14 at Phoenix on March 19, 2003 and finished with 13 games in double-figures...Grabbed the 3,000th rebound of his career at New Jersey on March 2, 2003 and the 2,000th defensive rebound vs. Milwaukee on March 28, 2003... Pulled down the 1,000th offensive rebound of his career vs. Miami on January 10, 2003... Finished second on the team in blocked shots and 13th in the league, averaging 1.86 blocks per games, with a season-high 7 at New Jersey on March 2, 2003...Registered the 1,000th block of his career vs. Denver on February 22, 2003...Matched his career-high with 4 assists at Dallas on December 20, 2003 and matched his career-high with 3 steals vs. Portland on March 26, 2003...Averaged 23.8 minutes per game, the second highest average of his career (27.9 in 1998-99), including the 10,000th minute of his career at Chicago on January 6, 2003...Played in his 500th career game vs. the Lakers on December 4, 2002.

2001-02:
Played in 74 of the 82 games on the season, missing seven games due to DNP-CDs and one game due to a team suspension (2/12 at Indiana)...Averaged 3.3 points per game, 4.2 rebounds and 1.47 blocks in 15.0 minutes per game...Started the first 14 games of the season, then came off the bench for the first time vs. Seattle on 11/28...Scored a season-high 14 points, with a season-high eight blocks in a season-high 35 minutes vs. Orlando on 11/12...Grabbed a season-high 14 rebounds at Portland on 12/27...Posted double-figure scoring five times on the year and pulled down double-figure rebounds four times...Pulled down his 2,000th career rebound vs. New Jersey on 11/21...Blocked at least five shots six times on the season and registered the 800th career block vs. the Orlando Magic on 11/12 and his 900th block vs. Sacramento on 4/5.

2000-01:
Finished the season on a strong note, scoring a career-high 25 points, connecting on 10-11 shots from the field and matching a season-high with 11 rebounds in the season finale at Phoenix on 4/18/01...Scored his previous season high with 18 points at Boston on 3/2/01 and scored in double-figures seven times...Registered his 2,000th career point vs. Washington on 3/24/01...Played in 81 of 82 games on the seaosn, missing the 1/15/01 game at Houston for a violation of team policy...Came off the bench for 78 of the 81 games, starting at Denver and Houston on 1/5/01 and 1/6/01 respectively...For the season, averaged 4.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg (third on the team) and led the club in blocks with 1.75 per game (18th in the NBA)...Pulled down a season-high 11 rebounds three times (vs. New York on 2/14/01; vs. Cleveland on 3/30/01 and at Phoenix on April 18) and led the team in rebounding six times...Grabbed the 2,000th career rebound vs. New Jersey on 11/24/00...Blocked a season-high 8 shots vs. Chicago on 11/18/00 and recorded the 700th block of his career at the Lakers on 1/3/01...Blocked at least one shot in 58 games...Had seven games of 5+ blocks.

1999-2000:
Snared 13 rebounds in a 105-104 OT loss at Denver on 4/18...Grabbed 12 boards in a 91-88 loss to Minnesota on 1/19...Recorded 11 points, 9 boards and 4 blocks in a 101-83 win over Seattle on 12/10...Totaled 10 points and a game-high 13 rebounds in a 105-92 loss in Sacramento on 11/12.

1998-99:
Ranked fifth in te NBA in blocked shots at 2.73 per game....Grabbed 7.3 rpg to rank second on team....Logged four double-doubles and grabbed 10-or-more rebounds in 10 games....Posted 10 points (12-19 FG, 5-6 FT) and game-highs of 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in a 96-85 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on 4/23....Totaled 16 points and game-highs of 19 rebounds and 5 blocked shots in a 103-89 victory over the L.A. Clippers on 4/15....Recorded 11 points and game-highs of 15 rebounds and 5 blocked shots in an 85-76 victory the Houston Rockets on 4/11....Registered 11 points (4-7 FG, 3-4 FT), a team-high 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in a 106-93 victory over the L.A. Lakers on 4/6....Posted 8 points (4-6 FG) and game-highs of 12 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in a 95-87 victory over the Washington Wizards on 3/18....Totaled 8 points (3-4 FG) and game-highs of 14 rebounds and 6 blocked shots in a 99-72 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on 3/13.

1997-98:
Scored 11 points (5-7 FG) and grabbed 7 rebounds in a 126-109 victory over the L.A. Clippers on 4/10...Totaled 8 points, 9 rebounds and 6 blocked shots in a 98-89 victory over the Portland Trail Blazers on 4/1...On the injured list from 2/12 to 3/18 due to a stress fracture of the left fibula...Posted game-highs of 10 rebounds and 6 blocked shots and scored 6 points in a 116-109 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks on 1/8...Blocked a career-high 11 shots, adding 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 points, in a 98-95 overtime win over the Philadelphia 76ers on 1/6...Recorded 15 points (7-8 FG), 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots in a 97-82 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on 1/3...Matched his career-high with 21 points (7-9 FG), grabbed 6 rebounds and blocked 3 shots in a 132-99 win over the Denver Nuggets on 12/30...Registered 6 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocked shots in an 85-73 victory over the Orlando Magic on 12/18...Totaled 8 points, 10 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocked shots in a 111-82 victory over the Golden State Warriors on 11/28...Posted 12 points, 9 rebounds and 7 blocked shots against the Washington Wizards on 11/3.

1996-97:
Came on strong in his second season to become Utah's starting center and, with help from veteran Antoine Carr and journeyman Greg Foster, gave the Jazz a positive presence in the middle....Played in 77 games, making 70 starts, and averaged 7.3 ppg, 7.3 rpg and 1.97 bpg in 23.6 mpg....Led the team in shot blocking, ranking 13th in the NBA, and finished second on the club in rebounding....Shot a solid .515 from the field and had 13 double-doubles on the season....Blocked a career-high seven shots in a 101-89 victory over Minnesota on 4/19/97 and had at least one block in 62 of his 77 games played....Scored a career-high 21 points twice during the season, in a 110-86 triumph over Indiana on 12/10/96 and in a 114-100 victory at Golden State on 4/6/97, and grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds (11 off the offensive glass) in a 104-96 win over Vancouver on 11/15/96....Started all 20 of Utah's playoff games and averaged 4.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg and 2.35 bpg....Registered 16 points (6-6 FG) and 14 rebounds in a 103-100 victory over the Houston Rockets in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals and scored 13 points and grabbed a playoff career-high 15 rebounds in Game 5 of the NBA Finals against the Chicago Bulls.

1995-96:
Appeared in 57 games and made 10 starts in the pivot for Utah as a rookie....Averaged 3.6 points, 3.1 rebounds and a team-high 1.11 blocked shots in 11.6 minutes per game....Finished strongly, matching his season high with 14 points and grabbing six rebounds in 21 minutes in the regular-season finale against Sacramento on 4/20/96....Blocked a season-high five shots at Indiana on 3/15/96 and grabbed a season-high nine rebounds against the Clippers on 4/16/96....Started 10 of the season's first 11 games, but suffered a broken bone in high right hand against New Jersey on 11/20/95 and was placed on the injured list the next day.,...Missed a total of 17 games before he was reactivated on 12/29/95. He had been averaging 5.1 ppg and 2.9 rpg and was shooting .535 from the field before the injury....Ostertag appeared in 15 playoff games, averaging 3.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg and a team-high 1.40 bpg in 14.1 mpg.

COLLEGE:
Finished career as the top shotblocker in both Kansas and Big Eight Conference history....Compiled 258 career blocks (2.03 bpg)....Honorable mention All-America selection by the Associated Press as a senior....Blocked 2.85 shots per contest during his final two seasons....Two-time honorable mention All-Big Eight selection....Recorded 37 double-figure scoring games and 22 double-figure rebounding games during career....Also had 14 games in which he recorded five or more blocked shots....Joined Danny Manning as onl Jayhawks ever to compile 700 rebounds and 200 blocks for a career.

PERSONAL:
• Full name is Gregory Donovan Ostertag
• He and his wife, Heidi, have three children, Cody, Bailey and Shelby
• Donated a kidney to his sister, Amy Hall, in June of 2002 and became the first NBA player to donate a kidney and return to play basketball
• Served last summer as the honorary chair for the Fifth Annual Greg Ostertag Golf Classic in Lawrence, Kansas, to benefit the American Lung Association of Kansas
• Appeared in the Whoopi Goldberg movie Eddie
• Has a tattoo of Fred Flintstone dunking on his calf
• Enjoys country music, and his favorite performers are Brooks & Dunn, Alabama, Garth Brooks and Tracy Lawrence
• His hobbies include hunting and fishing
• Would like to get into farming after his NBA career

— Courtesy of nba.com.
Statistics FG 3PT FT
Date Opponent Result Min. Pts. Made Att. % Made Att. % Made Att. %
Nov. 02 Dallas Mavericks L 98-107 10 - 0 1 0 - -
Nov. 03 San Antonio Spurs L 85-101 8 - 0 1 0 - -
Nov. 06 Houston Rockets L 101-104 11 2 1 4 0 0 1 0 -
Nov. 10 Seattle SuperSonics L 78-108 10 - - - -
Nov. 14 Denver Nuggets W 101-89 7 - 0 2 0 - -
Nov. 16 Chicago Bulls W 113-106 7 - 0 2 0 - -
Nov. 19 Memphis Grizzlies W 107-105 4 1 0 1 0 - 1 2 0
Nov. 21 Milwaukee Bucks W 88-79 4 3 1 1 0 - 1 1 0
Nov. 23 Houston Rockets W 102-96 14 5 2 2 0 - 1 2 0
Nov. 28 Minnesota Timberwolves L 110-121 10 - 0 1 0 - 0 2 0
Nov. 30 Memphis Grizzlies W 98-93 19 2 1 2 0 - 0 2 0
Dec. 01 New Orleans Hornets W 94-81 7 2 1 1 0 - -
Dec. 03 Indiana Pacers W 113-87 9 2 1 1 0 - -
Dec. 05 Boston Celtics W 119-105 11 4 2 3 0 - -
Dec. 07 Charlotte Bobcats W 109-92 13 2 1 2 0 - -
Dec. 10 Minnesota Timberwolves L 105-113 9 - 0 1 0 - -
Dec. 11 Indiana Pacers W 97-92 13 4 2 4 0 - -
Dec. 14 Milwaukee Bucks W 89-86 10 - - - -
Dec. 16 Los Angeles Lakers L 99-115 1 - - - -
Dec. 19 New Orleans Hornets W 107-71 17 6 3 3 0 - -
Dec. 21 Washington Wizards W 104-93 13 - - - -
Dec. 23 Miami Heat L 107-109 22 5 2 2 0 - 1 5 0
Dec. 31 Utah Jazz W 109-102 4 - 0 1 0 - 0 2 0
Jan. 02 San Antonio Spurs W 86-81 7 2 1 1 0 - -
Jan. 04 New York Knicks W 105-98 14 4 2 2 0 - -
Jan. 07 Atlanta Hawks W 100-97 7 - 0 1 0 - -
Jan. 08 New Orleans Hornets L 117-121 5 - 0 1 0 - -
Jan. 11 Denver Nuggets W 109-100 21 4 2 3 0 - -
Jan. 13 Utah Jazz W 107-93 1 - - - -
Jan. 15 Los Angeles Clippers W 99-95 5 - - - -
Jan. 17 Los Angeles Clippers W 89-83 6 1 0 1 0 - 1 2 0
Jan. 20 Cleveland Cavaliers W 123-96 14 2 1 2 0 - -
Jan. 23 San Antonio Spurs L 73-103 20 1 - - 1 2 0
Jan. 25 New Jersey Nets W 113-93 10 - - - 0 2 0
Jan. 27 San Antonio Spurs L 80-90 6 - 0 1 0 - -
Jan. 30 Minnesota Timberwolves W 94-84 7 2 1 3 0 - 0 2 0
Feb. 01 Seattle SuperSonics L 101-106 8 2 1 2 0 - -
Feb. 02 Golden State Warriors W 111-107 3 3 1 1 0 - 1 2 0
Feb. 04 New York Knicks W 116-115 12 - - - -
Feb. 10 Seattle SuperSonics L 107-115 21 5 2 4 0 - 1 1 0
Feb. 15 Chicago Bulls L 102-107 3 2 1 2 0 - -
Feb. 16 New Jersey Nets L 85-96 DNP - - - -
Feb. 24 Dallas Mavericks L 113-122 9 2 1 1 0 - -
Feb. 26 Philadelphia 76ers W 101-99 DNP - - - -
Feb. 27 Washington Wizards W 110-108 DNP - - - -
Mar. 01 Charlotte Bobcats W 94-87 7 2 1 4 0 - -
Mar. 02 Orlando Magic W 114-111 DNP - - - -
Mar. 04 Miami Heat L 83-104 10 - 0 1 0 - -
Mar. 08 Memphis Grizzlies W 85-82 5 1 0 1 0 - 1 2 0
Mar. 11 Los Angeles Clippers W 113-112 DNP - - - -
Mar. 13 Houston Rockets L 96-111 4 2 1 1 0 - -
Mar. 15 Orlando Magic W 105-94 DNP - - - -
Mar. 17 Golden State Warriors L 97-100 DNP - - - -
Mar. 19 Los Angeles Clippers W 111-107 DNP - - - -
Mar. 20 Golden State Warriors L 94-104 DNP - - - -
Mar. 22 Portland Trail Blazers W 112-93 22 - 2 5 0 - 1 2 0
Mar. 24 Dallas Mavericks W 109-101 DNP - - - -
Mar. 26 Denver Nuggets L 99-113 12 2 0 2 0 - 2 4 0
Mar. 28 Philadelphia 76ers W 5118-109 5 - - - -
Mar. 30 Detroit Pistons L 82-99 5 - - - -
Apr. 01 Cleveland Cavaliers W 128-109 6 - - - -
Apr. 03 Minnesota Timberwolves W 112-100 DNP - - - -
Apr. 05 Seattle SuperSonics W 122-101 2 - - - -
Apr. 08 Portland Trail Blazers W 119-115 DNP - - - -
Apr. 10 Los Angeles Lakers W 124-105 7 - - - -
Apr. 15 Los Angeles Lakers W 115-106 DNP - - - -
Apr. 16 Phoenix Suns L 98-116 23 2 1 3 0 0 1 0 0 1 0
Apr. 20 Phoenix Suns W 132-107 20 2 1 6 0 - -
Apr. 23 Seattle SuperSonics L 82-87 17 6 3 3 0 - -
Apr. 26 Seattle SuperSonics L 93-105 9 - - - -
Apr. 29 Seattle SuperSonics W 116-104 DNP - - - -
May. 01 Seattle SuperSonics L 102-115 DNP - - - -
May. 03 Seattle SuperSonics L 118-122 DNP - - - -
Oct. 12 Toronto Raptors W 102-101 13 3 1 1 0 - 1 1 0
Oct. 13 Indiana Pacers L 92-99 5 3 1 1 0 - 1 2 0
Oct. 20 Portland Trail Blazers W 92-73 17 2 1 2 0 - -
Oct. 25 Los Angeles Lakers L 85-95 14 2 1 1 0 - -
Oct. 26 Houston Rockets L 80-88 18 4 2 6 0 - -
Oct. 28 Denver Nuggets L 83-89 13 3 0 1 0 - 3 6 0
Nov. 02 Dallas Mavericks W 93-82 19 2 1 2 0 - -
Nov. 04 Golden State Warriors W 91-85 13 6 3 3 0 - -
Nov. 05 Phoenix Suns L 88-97 1 - - - -
Nov. 07 Charlotte Bobcats W 95-91 32 6 2 4 0 - 2 2 0
Nov. 09 New Jersey Nets L 83-91 17 - 0 2 0 - -
Nov. 11 Toronto Raptors W 99-84 17 2 1 1 0 - -
Nov. 12 Chicago Bulls L 98-103 20 4 2 2 0 - -
Nov. 14 New York Knicks L 62-73 21 - 0 5 0 - -
Nov. 15 Sacramento Kings L 83-119 15 9 4 4 0 - 1 4 0
Nov. 18 Phoenix Suns L 94-102 10 - 0 1 0 - 0 2 0
Nov. 19 Memphis Grizzlies L 72-80 28 1 0 2 0 - 1 2 0
Nov. 21 Milwaukee Bucks W 100-80 23 8 4 7 0 - -
Nov. 22 Seattle SuperSonics W 93-87 28 6 3 5 0 - -
Nov. 25 Golden State Warriors L 90-94 24 4 2 2 0 - -
Nov. 29 Indiana Pacers L 60-84 17 2 1 5 0 - -
Dec. 01 Los Angeles Lakers L 101-105 11 2 1 1 0 - -
Dec. 04 Portland Trail Blazers W 98-93 14 2 1 1 0 - -
Dec. 07 Atlanta Hawks W 95-83 18 4 1 2 0 - 2 2 0
Dec. 09 Seattle SuperSonics L 90-106 9 - 0 1 0 - -
Dec. 12 Detroit Pistons W 92-78 2 - - - -
Dec. 16 Indiana Pacers L 83-93 5 - 0 1 0 - -
Dec. 17 Milwaukee Bucks W 88-80 9 5 2 2 0 - 1 2 0
Dec. 20 Cleveland Cavaliers L 85-110 23 4 2 3 0 - 0 2 0
Dec. 21 Boston Celtics L 89-101 3 - 0 1 0 - -
Dec. 23 New York Knicks L 90-98 4 - 0 2 0 - -
Dec. 26 Memphis Grizzlies W 105-102 27 4 2 3 0 - -
Dec. 27 Houston Rockets W 82-74 5 - - - -
Dec. 31 Philadelphia 76ers W 108-102 13 2 1 3 0 - -
Jan. 01 Los Angeles Lakers W 98-94 19 6 3 4 0 - -
Jan. 03 Los Angeles Lakers W 90-80 8 - 0 1 0 - -
Jan. 06 Memphis Grizzlies L 65-87 5 2 1 1 0 - -
Jan. 07 Detroit Pistons W 94-90 31 9 4 7 0 - 1 2 0
Jan. 09 Washington Wizards W 97-89 16 2 1 3 0 - 0 2 0
Jan. 11 Philadelphia 76ers W 110-102 17 6 3 5 0 - 0 2 0
Jan. 14 Miami Heat L 94-100 15 3 1 5 0 - 1 2 0
Jan. 16 Los Angeles Clippers L 93-102 25 6 2 3 0 - 2 2 0
Jan. 17 Toronto Raptors W 111-98 15 8 4 4 0 - -
Jan. 20 Denver Nuggets L 83-113 15 2 1 2 0 - -
Jan. 21 Cleveland Cavaliers L 90-108 10 3 1 1 0 - 1 2 0
Jan. 23 New Jersey Nets W 89-78 6 - 0 1 0 - -
Jan. 25 Seattle SuperSonics L 94-113 9 2 0 1 0 - 2 4 0
Jan. 30 San Antonio Spurs L 70-79 15 5 1 2 0 - 3 4 0
Feb. 01 Denver Nuggets W 103-90 4 - - - -
Feb. 03 Sacramento Kings W 89-79 20 6 2 4 0 - 2 2 0
Feb. 05 Sacramento Kings L 78-96 26 2 0 4 0 - 2 2 0
Feb. 06 Chicago Bulls W 109-107 25 6 2 3 0 - 2 4 0
Feb. 10 Minnesota Timberwolves W 94-80 13 - 0 1 0 - -
Feb. 11 Houston Rockets L 88-102 12 - 0 2 0 - -
Feb. 13 Los Angeles Lakers L 88-94 6 - 0 1 0 - -
Feb. 21 Boston Celtics L 83-103 4 - - - -
Feb. 27 Golden State Warriors W 117-108 5 - - - -
Mar. 01 Charlotte Bobcats L 89-104 12 4 2 2 0 - -
Mar. 03 Los Angeles Clippers W 105-103 1 - - - -
Mar. 05 Seattle SuperSonics L 81-113 13 - - - -
Mar. 06 Orlando Magic W 90-85 6 - 0 1 0 - -
Mar. 14 Miami Heat L 83-121 7 - 0 1 0 - -
Mar. 27 Charlotte Hornets W 104-80 3 - - - -
Total: 247 106 222 47.7 0 2 0 40 89 44.9
Rebounds
Date Opponent Result Off. Def. Tot. Blocks Steals Assists TO A/TO Fouls
Nov. 02 Dallas Mavericks L 98-107 0 1 1 - - - - 0 1
Nov. 03 San Antonio Spurs L 85-101 2 0 2 1 - - 1 0 3
Nov. 06 Houston Rockets L 101-104 2 1 3 - - - - 0 3
Nov. 10 Seattle SuperSonics L 78-108 1 1 2 - - - - 0 4
Nov. 14 Denver Nuggets W 101-89 1 2 3 - - 1 - 0 -
Nov. 16 Chicago Bulls W 113-106 0 1 1 - - - 1 0 -
Nov. 19 Memphis Grizzlies W 107-105 1 0 1 - - - - 0 2
Nov. 21 Milwaukee Bucks W 88-79 0 1 1 - - - - 0 2
Nov. 23 Houston Rockets W 102-96 1 1 2 1 - 1 - 0 1
Nov. 28 Minnesota Timberwolves L 110-121 - - - - - 0 -
Nov. 30 Memphis Grizzlies W 98-93 2 3 5 5 1 1 1 1 3
Dec. 01 New Orleans Hornets W 94-81 1 1 2 - - - - 0 -
Dec. 03 Indiana Pacers W 113-87 1 3 4 - - 1 1 1 1
Dec. 05 Boston Celtics W 119-105 3 4 7 - - - - 0 1
Dec. 07 Charlotte Bobcats W 109-92 2 2 4 3 - - - 0 2
Dec. 10 Minnesota Timberwolves L 105-113 0 2 2 - - - - 0 -
Dec. 11 Indiana Pacers W 97-92 3 2 5 1 - 1 - 0 1
Dec. 14 Milwaukee Bucks W 89-86 1 3 4 2 - - - 0 2
Dec. 16 Los Angeles Lakers L 99-115 - - - - - 0 -
Dec. 19 New Orleans Hornets W 107-71 1 5 6 4 - 4 2 2 6
Dec. 21 Washington Wizards W 104-93 0 4 4 1 - 1 - 0 1
Dec. 23 Miami Heat L 107-109 2 8 10 1 - 3 - 0 4
Dec. 31 Utah Jazz W 109-102 1 1 2 - - - - 0 -
Jan. 02 San Antonio Spurs W 86-81 - - - - 1 0 2
Jan. 04 New York Knicks W 105-98 2 8 10 1 - 1 - 0 2
Jan. 07 Atlanta Hawks W 100-97 - - - - - 0 1
Jan. 08 New Orleans Hornets L 117-121 - - - - 1 0 1
Jan. 11 Denver Nuggets W 109-100 2 3 5 2 2 1 3 0.3 2
Jan. 13 Utah Jazz W 107-93 - - - - - 0 -
Jan. 15 Los Angeles Clippers W 99-95 - - - - - 0 1
Jan. 17 Los Angeles Clippers W 89-83 0 1 1 - - - - 0 -
Jan. 20 Cleveland Cavaliers W 123-96 0 3 3 - - - 1 0 2
Jan. 23 San Antonio Spurs L 73-103 0 4 4 - - 3 1 3 3
Jan. 25 New Jersey Nets W 113-93 0 1 1 2 - - 1 0 2
Jan. 27 San Antonio Spurs L 80-90 0 1 1 1 - - - 0 2
Jan. 30 Minnesota Timberwolves W 94-84 2 1 3 1 - - - 0 1
Feb. 01 Seattle SuperSonics L 101-106 2 0 2 - - 1 - 0 2
Feb. 02 Golden State Warriors W 111-107 1 0 1 - - - - 0 1
Feb. 04 New York Knicks W 116-115 1 1 2 1 - - - 0 2
Feb. 10 Seattle SuperSonics L 107-115 2 4 6 1 1 2 1 2 3
Feb. 15 Chicago Bulls L 102-107 0 1 1 - - - - 0 -
Feb. 16 New Jersey Nets L 85-96 - - - - - 0 -
Feb. 24 Dallas Mavericks L 113-122 1 2 3 1 - 1 1 1 1
Feb. 26 Philadelphia 76ers W 101-99 - - - - - 0 -
Feb. 27 Washington Wizards W 110-108 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 01 Charlotte Bobcats W 94-87 2 0 2 - 1 - - 0 1
Mar. 02 Orlando Magic W 114-111 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 04 Miami Heat L 83-104 1 3 4 1 - - 2 0 2
Mar. 08 Memphis Grizzlies W 85-82 1 2 3 1 2 1 - 0 -
Mar. 11 Los Angeles Clippers W 113-112 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 13 Houston Rockets L 96-111 - - - - - 0 1
Mar. 15 Orlando Magic W 105-94 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 17 Golden State Warriors L 97-100 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 19 Los Angeles Clippers W 111-107 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 20 Golden State Warriors L 94-104 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 22 Portland Trail Blazers W 112-93 4 6 2 5 - 1 4 0.2 1
Mar. 24 Dallas Mavericks W 109-101 - - - - - 0 -
Mar. 26 Denver Nuggets L 99-113 1 2 3 2 1 1 1 1 1
Mar. 28 Philadelphia 76ers W 5118-109 0 2 2 - - - - 0 -
Mar. 30 Detroit Pistons L 82-99 1 1 2 1 - - - 0 -
Apr. 01 Cleveland Cavaliers W 128-109 0 1 1 - - - 1 0 2
Apr. 03 Minnesota Timberwolves W 112-100 - - - - - 0 -
Apr. 05 Seattle SuperSonics W 122-101 0 1 1 1 1 - - 0 -
Apr. 08 Portland Trail Blazers W 119-115 - - - - - 0 -
Apr. 10 Los Angeles Lakers W 124-105 1 2 3 - - 2 - 0 -
Apr. 15 Los Angeles Lakers W 115-106 - - - - - 0 -
Apr. 16 Phoenix Suns L 98-116 2 6 8 4 - 5 2 2.5 -
Apr. 20 Phoenix Suns W 132-107 3 7 10 3 1 3 2 1.5 -
Apr. 23 Seattle SuperSonics L 82-87 3 7 10 1 1 - - 0 3
Apr. 26 Seattle SuperSonics L 93-105 1 1 2 1 - - 2 0 1
Apr. 29 Seattle SuperSonics W 116-104 - - - - - 0 -
May. 01 Seattle SuperSonics L 102-115 - - - - - 0 -
May. 03 Seattle SuperSonics L 118-122 - - - - - 0 -
Oct. 12 Toronto Raptors W 102-101 0 4 4 1 - 1 1 1 3
Oct. 13 Indiana Pacers L 92-99 0 1 1 - - - 1 0 -
Oct. 20 Portland Trail Blazers W 92-73 0 4 4 2 - - 1 0 4
Oct. 25 Los Angeles Lakers L 85-95 3 6 9 2 - - 1 0 2
Oct. 26 Houston Rockets L 80-88 6 5 11 1 - 1 1 1 2
Oct. 28 Denver Nuggets L 83-89 0 7 7 2 1 - - 0 4
Nov. 02 Dallas Mavericks W 93-82 4 2 6 5 - - 1 0 3
Nov. 04 Golden State Warriors W 91-85 1 4 5 2 - - 1 0 4
Nov. 05 Phoenix Suns L 88-97 0 1 1 - - - - 0 -
Nov. 07 Charlotte Bobcats W 95-91 3 10 13 2 - 1 1 1 5
Nov. 09 New Jersey Nets L 83-91 1 1 2 3 - 2 1 2 -
Nov. 11 Toronto Raptors W 99-84 1 5 6 1 - 2 2 1 3
Nov. 12 Chicago Bulls L 98-103 2 2 4 3 1 2 1 2 -
Nov. 14 New York Knicks L 62-73 2 3 5 1 - 1 - 0 1
Nov. 15 Sacramento Kings L 83-119 1 2 3 2 - - - 0 -
Nov. 18 Phoenix Suns L 94-102 2 5 7 - - 2 1 2 -
Nov. 19 Memphis Grizzlies L 72-80 3 3 6 3 7 4 2 2 1
Nov. 21 Milwaukee Bucks W 100-80 4 6 10 2 1 3 2 1.5 3
Nov. 22 Seattle SuperSonics W 93-87 3 4 7 3 2 1 1 1 -
Nov. 25 Golden State Warriors L 90-94 2 4 6 1 - 1 1 1 4
Nov. 29 Indiana Pacers L 60-84 1 3 4 2 - 1 1 1 2
Dec. 01 Los Angeles Lakers L 101-105 1 1 2 - - 1 3 0.3 2
Dec. 04 Portland Trail Blazers W 98-93 0 3 3 1 - 2 1 2 4
Dec. 07 Atlanta Hawks W 95-83 2 6 8 3 - 1 2 0.5 4
Dec. 09 Seattle SuperSonics L 90-106 0 2 2 - - 1 1 1 2
Dec. 12 Detroit Pistons W 92-78 0 1 1 - - - - 0 -
Dec. 16 Indiana Pacers L 83-93 - - - - - 0 1
Dec. 17 Milwaukee Bucks W 88-80 0 1 1 - - - 2 0 3
Dec. 20 Cleveland Cavaliers L 85-110 0 4 4 - 1 2 3 0.7 4
Dec. 21 Boston Celtics L 89-101 - - - 1 - 0 2
Dec. 23 New York Knicks L 90-98 1 1 2 - - - - 0 2
Dec. 26 Memphis Grizzlies W 105-102 2 4 6 1 - 1 - 0 6
Dec. 27 Houston Rockets W 82-74 - 1 - 1 - 0 -
Dec. 31 Philadelphia 76ers W 108-102 0 2 2 1 - 2 - 0 1
Jan. 01 Los Angeles Lakers W 98-94 2 4 6 2 - 3 - 0 2
Jan. 03 Los Angeles Lakers W 90-80 0 2 2 1 - 1 1 1 2
Jan. 06 Memphis Grizzlies L 65-87 1 3 4 2 1 - 1 0 -
Jan. 07 Detroit Pistons W 94-90 4 5 9 3 3 1 1 1 -
Jan. 09 Washington Wizards W 97-89 2 3 5 - - 4 2 2 2
Jan. 11 Philadelphia 76ers W 110-102 5 2 7 1 1 - - 0 2
Jan. 14 Miami Heat L 94-100 3 1 4 3 1 1 - 0 2
Jan. 16 Los Angeles Clippers L 93-102 3 2 5 2 - 1 1 1 6
Jan. 17 Toronto Raptors W 111-98 1 4 5 - - 2 - 0 4
Jan. 20 Denver Nuggets L 83-113 2 5 7 2 - - 3 0 3
Jan. 21 Cleveland Cavaliers L 90-108 1 0 1 - 1 1 - 0 1
Jan. 23 New Jersey Nets W 89-78 1 1 2 1 - - 1 0 1
Jan. 25 Seattle SuperSonics L 94-113 2 1 3 1 - - 1 0 1
Jan. 30 San Antonio Spurs L 70-79 3 2 5 - - 1 1 1 1
Feb. 01 Denver Nuggets W 103-90 1 0 1 - - - 1 0 -
Feb. 03 Sacramento Kings W 89-79 4 6 10 3 - - 1 0 2
Feb. 05 Sacramento Kings L 78-96 3 2 5 3 - 1 1 1 2
Feb. 06 Chicago Bulls W 109-107 2 7 9 - - 2 1 2 3
Feb. 10 Minnesota Timberwolves W 94-80 0 2 2 - - 2 - 0 1
Feb. 11 Houston Rockets L 88-102 0 2 2 1 - 2 - 0 3
Feb. 13 Los Angeles Lakers L 88-94 1 0 1 - - - - 0 -
Feb. 21 Boston Celtics L 83-103 - - - 1 1 1 -
Feb. 27 Golden State Warriors W 117-108 - 1 - - - 0 1
Mar. 01 Charlotte Bobcats L 89-104 1 1 2 1 - 1 - 0 3
Mar. 03 Los Angeles Clippers W 105-103 1 1 2 - - 1 - 0 -
Mar. 05 Seattle SuperSonics L 81-113 1 1 2 1 - - 1 0 3
Mar. 06 Orlando Magic W 90-85 1 2 3 3 - - - 0 1
Mar. 14 Miami Heat L 83-121 - 1 - 1 - 0 3
Mar. 27 Charlotte Hornets W 104-80 0 2 2 1 - - - 0 -
Total: 148 285 425 127 31 95 80 1.2 198

EPpy Award Winner2003, 2004 EPpy Award Winner. NAA Digital Edge Award2003, 2005 Digital Edge Winner

Deberg_1990
04-04-2006, 08:34 AM
It doesnt matter who the MVP is.

My Spurs are gonna take the title again come June!!

chagrin
04-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Roy, I hope you aren't serious.

Chauncey Billups, by far

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
It doesnt matter who the MVP is.

My Spurs are gonna take the title again come June!!

Maybe. The Lakers certainly don't have the debth to make a series run. Phil has everyone on the same page though and they look really good at times (beating Spurs and Pistons) and just lack the consistancy. I become a bigger Phil Jackson fan all the time. Count on the Lakers being back in a year or two. Good luck with your Spurs I wouldn't mind seeing Horry grab another ring. I hope it's the Heat in the east.

ROYC75
04-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Roy, I hope you aren't serious.

Chauncey Billups, by far

Warning : Humor post ..........

Did you miss this ? :hmmm:

Sully
04-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think you would find an owner in the league that would pick Dirk. I think that says it all.
He's not an owner, but I'm not sure you've been paying attention to the brilliance of Isaiah Thomas. There's a good chance he would pick ME over Kobe.

Deberg_1990
04-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Maybe. The Lakers certainly don't have the debth to make a series run. Phil has everyone on the same page though and they look really good at times (beating Spurs and Pistons) and just lack the consistancy. I become a bigger Phil Jackson fan all the time. Count on the Lakers being back in a year or two. Good luck with your Spurs I wouldn't mind seeing Horry grab another ring. I hope it's the Heat in the east.

Agreed. The Lakers are quite improved. They are going to give some teams fits come playoff time. I hope we dont have to play Detroit come Finals time again because the Spurs would probaly lose a rematch, but who knows??

chagrin
04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Warning : Humor post ..........

Did you miss this ? :hmmm:

Yes I did, sorry

greg63
04-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh come on man, it's the Big Tag, clearly his minutes played is the leading reason Utah hasn't lost all of there games this year. :rolleyes:
I only wish you had one or two more stats to support your position. :D

Sure-Oz
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Tony Parker has had a good year.

chiefqueen
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Because of a little thing called work I don't watch Cold Pizza anymore. Has Skip Bayless begun pumping Manu yet?

Sure-Oz
04-04-2006, 11:41 AM
without kobe the lakers would have 5 wins probably

Pitt Gorilla
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I love Dirk, but I'd go with Wade. Shaq has been out quite a bit and DWade carries the team.

lightsout04
04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
The MVP is Steve Nash. He is having a great year once again. Nash has lead the Suns to the playoffs without Stoudemire. Kobe just does it for himself. The Lakers will not win another championship with Kobe.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
The MVP is Steve Nash. He is having a great year once again. Nash has lead the Suns to the playoffs without Stoudemire. Kobe just does it for himself. The Lakers will not win another championship with Kobe.

If I just had a dollar for every time somebody said the Lakers were done. They will be shedding a lot of salary this year as they had to get rid of Brian Grant. Kobe is trying to make his team better he just has to take over in the 2nd half so they win. This is a better team already than people think. Nobody picked them to make the playoffs.

|Zach|
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I have no idea who is going to be MVP but I love watching the Mavs play basketball.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I have no idea who is going to be MVP but I love watching the Mavs play basketball.

So your not a big fan of the D then.

|Zach|
04-04-2006, 12:33 PM
So your not a big fan of the D then.
I am a very casual fan when it comes to the NBA...and when the Mavs are on it just seems like a more enjoyable game to watch.

Do they even play defense still in the NBA?

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
I am a very casual fan when it comes to the NBA...and when the Mavs are on it just seems like a more enjoyable game to watch.

Do they even play defense still in the NBA?

They can certainly put up points. I just don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs once again. That's who I wanted the Lakers to play over anyone in the West.

|Zach|
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
They can certainly put up points. I just don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs once again. That's who I wanted the Lakers to play over anyone in the West.
Guess we will see, when are the playoffs?

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Guess we will see, when are the playoffs?

23rd - 24th. Something like that. The Lakers last game is on the 19th.

Lurch
Nowitzski deserves it. Bryant will probably get it.

Sully
Dallas-
points given up- 7th in league
opposing fg%- 10th in league

Lakers
points given up-15th iin league
opposing fg%- 12th in league

I don't have a dog in this fight. But I was watching the Mavs a week or two back, and someone mentioned how their defense had gotten a lot better, so I posted these for comparison. I bet a lot are going to be suprised.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Dallas-
points given up- 7th in league
opposing fg%- 10th in league

Lakers
points given up-15th iin league
opposing fg%- 12th in league

I don't have a dog in this fight. But I was watching the Mavs a week or two back, and someone mentioned how their defense had gotten a lot better, so I posted these for comparison. I bet a lot are going to be suprised.

The Lakers D had been tightening up all year long. They were terrible out of the gates. They didn't play D at all starting the season and I wouldn't expect them to be where Dallas is at on any level stat wise. On the other hand I would bet on the Lakers in a second if they met Dallas in the playoffs. I just don't see Dallas going anywhere as usual this year.I could be wrong though who knows they just might be the playoff stunnahs but my money won't be riding on it.

KevB
04-04-2006, 02:34 PM
The Lakers D had been tightening up all year long. They were terrible out of the gates. They didn't play D at all starting the season and I wouldn't expect them to be where Dallas is at on any level stat wise. On the other hand I would bet on the Lakers in a second if they met Dallas in the playoffs. I just don't see Dallas going anywhere as usual this year.I could be wrong though who knows they just might be the playoff stunnahs but my money won't be riding on it.

I don't think you're giving credit to the change in attitude on this Mavs team. This is not the same kind of Mavs team that routinely folds in the playoffs. This Mavs team plays some defense, as the stats below show. Avery Johnson has done a nice job changing the culture of that team. Howard, Terry, Daniels and even Diop have done a nice job on the defensive end of the floor.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't think you're giving credit to the change in attitude on this Mavs team. This is not the same kind of Mavs team that routinely folds in the playoffs. This Mavs team plays some defense, as the stats below show. Avery Johnson has done a nice job changing the culture of that team. Howard, Terry, Daniels and even Diop have done a nice job on the defensive end of the floor.

Well I haven't seen them that much. Would you bet on them in the playoffs?

Pitt Gorilla
04-04-2006, 02:54 PM
So your not a big fan of the D then.I am, and the Mavs play pretty stout D. I don't understand your point.

KevB
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Well I haven't seen them that much. Would you bet on them in the playoffs?

I wouldn't bet on any team in the playoffs. There's just too much parity in the league right now to put much money on any one team. The NBA is also completely dependent on matchups, so I'd have to see who they were playing. If someone held a gun to my head, I'd say Pistons vs. Spurs in the Finals, Pistons in 6.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I am, and the Mavs play pretty stout D. I don't understand your point.

Dallas has never went anywhere because of their D. Granted I am more of a Lakers fan than a basketball fan but if advances in the playoffs I would be glad to bet against them if you really think they are going to do it this year.

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't bet on any team in the playoffs. There's just too much parity in the league right now to put much money on any one team. The NBA is also completely dependent on matchups, so I'd have to see who they were playing. If someone held a gun to my head, I'd say Pistons vs. Spurs in the Finals, Pistons in 6.

I am hoping the Heat advance but Detroit is playing great ball. I think it will probably be the Spurs as well.

Calcountry
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Of course I gotta go with Kobe Bryant.Time for the annual, "The Lakers WILL win the Championship this year" thread?

BIG_DADDY
04-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Time for the annual, "The Lakers WILL win the Championship this year" thread?

Give it a year or two. :)

Hell of a franchise.

BTW I hope the A's do better tonight.

lightsout04
04-04-2006, 04:18 PM
The Lakers won't do much this year, but they could be a contender if they get a good supporting cast around Kobe. But I don't see that happening. The NBA finals will be between the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio.