PDA

View Full Version : Should Women Be allowed to Drive Hummers?

JohnnyV13
04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Should women be allowed to drive Hummers?

I'm not really sure, but I know they should be allowed to give them

CoMoChief
04-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Women shouldnt be able to drive period. Why they get lower car insurance benefits I do not know. I guess its because guys are behind the wheel more.

ck_IN
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
They get lower premiums because men have more accidents. Men have more accidents because women are in the passenger seat 'helping' them.

I've come so close to shutting my wife in the trunk when we're on long drives or in heavy traffic.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Women shouldnt be able to drive period. Why they get lower car insurance benefits I do not know. I guess its because guys are behind the wheel more.
Men have more accidents, especially teenagers/young men. They tend to drive alot faster, and tend to die alot more.

Psyko Tek
04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
drive?
don't care,

give hell yes

CoMoChief
04-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Men have more accidents, especially teenagers/young men. They tend to drive alot faster, and tend to die alot more.

true, but women are involved in something like 85% of fender benders, which there are more of than fatal car accidents I would think. If anyone really thinks about it, does anyone know a good woman driver who is alert at the wheel half of the time? At least men can drive with cellphones for the most part. It should be illegal for women to have them in cars.

Saulbadguy
04-03-2006, 08:27 PM
true, but women are involved in something like 85% of fender benders, which there are more of than fatal car accidents I would think. If anyone really thinks about it, does anyone know a good woman driver who is alert at the wheel half of the time? At least men can drive with cellphones for the most part. It should be illegal for women to have them in cars.
What do you think costs insurance companies more? Fatal accidents, sometimes including more than just the driver, or fender benders?

Bugeater
04-03-2006, 08:36 PM
At least men can drive with cellphones for the most part. It should be illegal for women to have them in cars.

Totally disagree. NOBODY should be using them without a hands-free device. Everybody sucks at driving when they have one of those blasted devices up to their ear.

SLAG
04-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Totally disagree. NOBODY should be using them without a hands-free device. Everybody sucks at driving when they have one of those blasted devices up to their ear.

new studies show that even headsets dont really that make that much of a difference, Even with headsets the phone is #1 Distraction

Hammock Parties
04-03-2006, 08:59 PM
When it comes to women, hummers should be GIVEN and not DRIVEN.

Bugeater
04-03-2006, 10:06 PM
new studies show that even headsets dont really that make that much of a difference, Even with headsets the phone is #1 Distraction

That must explain the people who are driving like jackholes even though they're not holding a phone to their head. I still feel somewhat safer knowing they are able to use both hands to operate their vehicle.

CoMoChief
04-03-2006, 10:44 PM

bullshit....i can do it with ease.

04-03-2006, 11:06 PM

Driving with a cell phone rates right up there with drinking and driving. Think about it....

luv
04-03-2006, 11:40 PM
Men are just jealous because they can't multi-task. I've seen women driving while eating french fries, talking on their cell, and putting on make-up.

I would never do that, though. I can, however, talk and drive at the same time.

As for the original question, I would love to do both - give and drive. I like the H3's. I'll bet they're a sweet ride.

luv
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
You should try driving in Springfield. Everyone sucks at driving, regardless of whether they're on the phone or not.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Men are just jealous because they can't multi-task. I've seen women driving while eating french fries, talking on their cell, and putting on make-up.

I would never do that, though. I can, however, talk and drive at the same time.

As for the original question, I would love to do both - give and drive. I like the H3's. I'll bet they're a sweet ride.

:eek:

You want to drive a Hummer?!?!?!?!?!

Dinny

Bugeater
04-03-2006, 11:54 PM
You should try driving in Springfield. Everyone sucks at driving, regardless of whether they're on the phone or not.
I did drive thru Springfield a couple years ago, I got confused and missed the freeway and drove through town instead. All I remember is spending more time stopped at red lights than actually driving.

luv
04-03-2006, 11:56 PM
I did drive thru Springfield a couple years ago, I got confused and missed the freeway and drove through town instead. All I remember is spending more time stopped at red lights than actually driving.
LOL

You must have driven down Glenstone. There's one at nearly every friggin' intersection!

luv
04-03-2006, 11:57 PM
:eek:

You want to drive a Hummer?!?!?!?!?!

Dinny
Here's what I'm thinking.

Hummers were made for men.
H2's were made for men with more of a budget.
H3's were made for women.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-04-2006, 12:00 AM
What about parallel parking?

And curb feelers probably wouldn't work.

Dinny

luv
04-04-2006, 12:03 AM
What about parallel parking?

And curb feelers probably wouldn't work.

Dinny
Parallel parking? Not much of that around here. Actually, that's the only part of my test I didn't pass. I did everything right, but ended up too far away from the curb. When we got done, she said that was the only thing I did wrong, so, instead of 2 points, she deducted all 6 for the parallel parking. 94/100 still isn't bad though.

Bugeater
04-04-2006, 12:04 AM
LOL

You must have driven down Glenstone. There's one at nearly every friggin' intersection!

After consulting my Missouri map, it would appear it was Sunshine I drove down. I was coming from Neosho on US 60 on my way to Fordland, and I missed the interchange where 60 heads off towards the southern edge of town.

Dinny Bossa Nova
04-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Parallel parking? Not much of that around here. Actually, that's the only part of my test I didn't pass. I did everything right, but ended up too far away from the curb. When we got done, she said that was the only thing I did wrong, so, instead of 2 points, she deducted all 6 for the parallel parking. 94/100 still isn't bad though.

That's very impressive.

What driving school did you attend?

Dinny

luv
04-04-2006, 12:07 AM
After consulting my Missouri map, it would appear it was Sunshine I drove down. I was coming from Neosho on US 60 on my way to Fordland, and I missed the interchange where 60 heads off towards the southern edge of town.
Yep, nearly as many lights on that one, too. I'm amazed people actually get anywhere around here. If you go just over the speed limit, and catch the first one green, you should be good to go for the whole way. However, there are several slow people around here. They go faster when pulling out in front of you than they actually drive once they're out.

luv
04-04-2006, 12:09 AM
That's very impressive.

What driving school did you attend?

Dinny
I went to Glendale High School, but took Driver's Ed during summer school at Kickapoo High School in order to get it out of they way. Both are here in Springfield.

Bugeater
04-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Yep, nearly as many lights on that one, too. I'm amazed people actually get anywhere around here. If you go just over the speed limit, and catch the first one green, you should be good to go for the whole way. However, there are several slow people around here. They go faster when pulling out in front of you than they actually drive once they're out.

It probably wasn't quite as bad as I'm remembering it, but by that time I was frustrated after spending 2 hours being stuck behind one redneck hillbilly after another going 45 mph all the way from Neosho. Road rage was setting in.

greg63
04-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Maybe the little baby hummers; you know the one that the giant monsters gave birth to in that commercial.