PDA

View Full Version : Shanny getting more shady all the time?

King_Chief_Fan
04-04-2006, 08:03 AM
copied from the Omange
from Great Blue North Report

Meanwhile, more than a few eyebrows were raised by the dismal performance - non-performance might be a more appropriate word - turned in by RB LenDale who weighed in at an overweight 244 pounds, barely posted 15 reps pressing 225 pounds, and didn’t run at all. White claims he didn’t run because he is still affected by a hamstring he pulled at the combine. All that, however, has set off a bit of a buzz that White may have already agreed on terms with a team that's going to take him in the first round and doesn’t want anyone scooping them. Again stay tuned.

Shanny telling a guy to lay down/low to make sure he gets his pick.
Denver dined White Saturday evening.

Well, it is speculation anyway. Denver would never cheat would they:hmmm:

ROYC75
04-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Nothing would suprise me at all.......... Nothing.

ChiefsfaninPA
04-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Please let this be true, because White is such a threat.ROFL He is a younger version of Dayne. Can't wait for this guy to be a bust.

kepp
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
Please let this be true, because White is such a threat.ROFL He is a younger version of Dayne. Can't wait for this guy to be a bust.
What makes you think he's going to be a bust? IMO, DeAngelo Williams has a better chance of being a bust than he does.

Taco John
04-04-2006, 08:18 AM
Haha! This is too much... So let me get this straight... Shanahan and Lendale agreed that Lendale would put in a bad workout so that he would fall to the Broncos at 22? And Lendale's agent is cool with this?

Hilarious.

Taco John
04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
If Shanahan can pull a conspiracy like this off, then he's more of a mastermind than I ever gave him credit for. He can just get draft picks to free fall to him out of sheer will... Amazing!

ROYC75
04-04-2006, 08:28 AM
If Shanahan can pull a conspiracy like this off, then he's more of a mastermind than I ever gave him credit for. He can just get draft picks to free fall to him out of sheer will... Amazing!

It started here ....
copied from the Omange

Most likely a BS story, but like I said,in the NFL, nothing would suprise me, I mean, you guys did cheat the cap, right. :D

ct
04-04-2006, 08:29 AM
:BS:

jidar
04-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Doesn't make sense. Why would a guy try to drop in the draft when the payouts are pretty predictable anyway?

Bob Dole
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Even more amazing is that he managed to bloat up and get out of shape overnight after they struck the deal at dinner on Saturday.

Brock
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
A player would have to be a moron to hurt his own stock. But since most players are morons, maybe it's true.

ROYC75
04-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes it's BS....... it makes no sense at all. But neither does the NFL nor the Broncos. I guess , Anything is possible.......

Mile High Mania
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Anything is possible, but seriously...

I'd be a bit shocked if Denver spent a R1 pick on a RB given their history of success with all sorts of RBs.

The other thing is earlier this year everyone was touting White as a potential Top 10 pick and potentially a better NFL prospect due to his size and style.

So... while he's from Colorado, his desire is so great to play for Denver that he'd agree to get fat and slide from #10 to #15 or even #22...

Yeah, that makes sense. There are a lot of stupid athletes, but there's no way a guy would seriously say "I'm cool with sliding from 10 to 22 and miss all that cash". Hell, his agent would certainly not be cool with that notion. You're talking about much less money.

The conspiracy theories are nice, but that's all they are...

This is a kid with a ton of talent that thinks he'll get drafted high based on his body of work and not how his body is currently working. The dude is going to miss out on a lot of cash with this sort of work ethic.

vailpass
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Howdy KCF,

Are the Broncos in your head or what? I love it.
What scary move is Shanny gonna' spring on you next?
When you least expect it......

...expect it.
ROFL

beer bacon
04-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Howdy KCF,

...expect it.
ROFL

Do the Browns have anyone left on their d-line that Denver could trade for?

King_Chief_Fan
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
Howdy KCF,

...expect it.
ROFL

This is for shits and grins......it was on your board...the mange.
In fact, there are more Chief threads there than here......

You did notice I said it was speculation.....??

Mile High Mania
04-04-2006, 10:38 AM

There's really nobody left that has 'under achieved' ... give it a year or so, we're bound to find 1 or 2 more. Sadly, since Cleveland appears to have been depleted of spares, we may have to move on to Detroit or possibly SanFran.

Really, there are many breeding grounds for sparedom... I'm not worried.

ct
04-04-2006, 10:40 AM
There's really nobody left that has 'under achieved' ... give it a year or so, we're bound to find 1 or 2 more. Sadly, since Cleveland appears to have been depleted of spares, we may have to move on to Detroit or possibly SanFran.

Really, there are many breeding grounds for sparedom... I'm not worried.

You're welcome to a few of our D-Lineman!!

Bowser
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Hell, I HOPE Denver gets LenDale White. That beats my doomsday scenario of them packaging their two first round picks and swapping out with the Rat's buddy Kubiak in Houston for the top overall pick, and nabbing Reggie Bush. That would suck.

Mile High Mania
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I think I'd rather them go with Chad Jackson at 15 and then the best DE/DT or RB at 22...

Bowser
04-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I think I'd rather them go with Chad Jackson at 15 and then the best DE/DT or RB at 22...

Over Reggie Bush?

Mile High Mania
04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Over Reggie Bush?

I'd rather get two young playmakers than trade what it would take to get the #1 overall pick. It would likely take the #15, #22 and more to move up.

I really don't care to lose all those picks when Denver has proven they don't need to draft a RB that high and they have age concerns at WR, DE and other positions.

I like Bell... I think he can do great as the #1 guy, the question is will he do what he needs to do and step up?

I think Bush is a great player and could do wonders, but ... Denver can has Bell and can get another RB to do well. They have several other needs that can be addressed with #15 and #22.

vailpass
04-04-2006, 11:16 AM

Why yes, thank you for asking. Jealous much?

Denver slots Lang at nickel
Final piece in Browning of Broncos
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post Staff Writer

Mike Shanahan wished the country had laughed at his team for bringing in five Cleveland Browns defensive linemen last year instead of four.

At the NFL owner's meetings this week, Shanahan said he tried to acquire Kenard Lang last year in the midst of bringing in defensive linemen Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, Michael Myers and Ebenezer Ekuban. The Broncos were maligned nationally for the moves, but they paid off. Now, Shanahan hopes Lang works out in 2006.

Lang will become Denver's nickel pass rusher. He has been the team's most notable acquisition this offseason after signing a three-year deal March 17. Shanahan said Lang, who played linebacker for the Browns last year, will give Denver's pass rush a surge.

"I really like him," Shanahan said. "He's a guy people may be surprised by. He's going to make plays."
www.denverpost.com

vailpass
04-04-2006, 11:18 AM
This is for shits and grins......it was on your board...the mange.
In fact, there are more Chief threads there than here......

You did notice I said it was speculation.....??

Whoah, no offense meant KCF.
I know you were just throwing it out there, I was just having fun with it.
It's all good.

chiefqueen
04-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Anything is possible, but seriously...

I'd be a bit shocked if Denver spent a R1 pick on a RB given their history of success with all sorts of RBs.

The other thing is earlier this year everyone was touting White as a potential Top 10 pick and potentially a better NFL prospect due to his size and style.

So... while he's from Colorado, his desire is so great to play for Denver that he'd agree to get fat and slide from #10 to #15 or even #22...

Yeah, that makes sense. There are a lot of stupid athletes, but there's no way a guy would seriously say "I'm cool with sliding from 10 to 22 and miss all that cash". Hell, his agent would certainly not be cool with that notion. You're talking about much less money.

The conspiracy theories are nice, but that's all they are...

This is a kid with a ton of talent that thinks he'll get drafted high based on his body of work and not how his body is currently working. The dude is going to miss out on a lot of cash with this sort of work ethic.

Whose to say he's not getting somthing "under the table" that Denver wouldn't put in the contract so it can't count against the cap.

Chiefshrink
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Bottom line is that White got fat and happy after the Bowl and took for granted that he was a shoe in for the first round because of his performance. His combine weight should have been a red flag for him at 238 which it was but he did not heed the call to lose at least 10-15 in a month's time which he could have done very easily for this past pro day. But his lack of maturity showed and his agent told him not to participate in the 40 because more than likely he probably would have ran a 4.8 to 5.0 which would have hosed him even more.

greg63
04-04-2006, 11:52 AM
Denver cheats? NNNOOO! I refuse to believe it.

:rolleyes:

vailpass
04-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Whose to say he's not getting somthing "under the table" that Denver wouldn't put in the contract so it can't count against the cap.

Nice job of proving Skip's point.

Mile High Mania
04-04-2006, 02:27 PM

Yeah, I agree with VP on this one. I thought Skip was crazy with his comment about women posting, but... you provided a great example why some folks should avoid the Internet.

ct
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I agree with VP on this one. I thought Skip was crazy with his comment about women posting, but... you provided a great example why some folks should avoid the Internet.

Some folks transcend even gender idiocy, and should be banned period. D and Skip both qualify.

King_Chief_Fan
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Whoah, no offense meant KCF.
I know you were just throwing it out there, I was just having fun with it.
It's all good.

okay, fine:D

CoMoChief
04-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Lendale White doesnt scare me at all. I hope they waste a 1st round pick on that POS. Ron Dayne is better than he is I dont know why they would waste their time on him. I guess by using this anaolgy they're gonna waste their other 1st rounder on another CB?

listopencil
04-04-2006, 04:10 PM
34r 7h3 Br0n(0$! 7h3 R47 0wn$ %05 4##! H3 (4n m4|{3 4 Pr47 p1(|{ 4## 70 h1m 7hr059h $h33r 0r(3 0 w1##. Wh% 3v3n b07h3r (0mp371n9? %05 4r3 0wn3P!!11!!111!!!!11ELEVENTYLEVEN!!1111!!!

Chiefshrink
04-05-2006, 11:33 AM
No way he pulled a hammy. Read post 26

milkman
04-05-2006, 11:42 AM

Was that table private?
Did someone see Shanny under there?