PDA

View Full Version : River Falls

jlscorpio
04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Anybody else planning on going to camp this year? I'm pretty sure I'll be there. I'm hoping to get a Ron Edwards autograph...

Sully
04-04-2006, 02:43 PM
Gone for the last 5 years.
I may have to miss this year, but I haven't given up, yet.

cmh6476
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
you'll have to wait in line for the ron edwards autograph focker %(/

Dave Lane
04-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Sully

I'll 99% drive up with my little brother if you're looking for a ride we can probably fit you in the trunk or something ;)

Dave

Sully
04-04-2006, 03:06 PM
It's not the drive. It's the cost. I'm getting married in December and going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks afterward... and that don't come cheap.
I just hope they stay up there for TC so that I don't miss the final year. Although, I would bet, I'd go back regardless, as my fiance and I have thought about moving to that area.

ferrarispider95
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
I am planning on going for the first time this year. How many hours is the drive from KC? Is hotels reasonable or should I sleep in my car?

What else is there to do? When is the best time to go early in the camp or late?

cmh6476
04-04-2006, 03:12 PM
I am planning on going for the first time this year. How many hours is the drive from KC? Is hotels reasonable or should I sleep in my car?

What else is there to do? When is the best time to go early in the camp or late?

Not a bad drive at all, about 7 hours IIRC

Sully
04-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Lots of questions.
6 hr drive, 7 if you dilly dally.
Hotels depend on where you are staying. I've stayed in River Falls, Hudson, and even in the cities, and the rates are all different. The biggest problem is finding a room.
There isn't much to do in River Falls. There is a river you can float on, and othe rnature stuff. There is a cave about 20 miles East that is kinda cool. There is enought ime between practices to drive to the cities and do things there. Hudson is a cool little town just west that is on the big river. Stillwater is your best bet, though. Historic town. Antique-type stores. A trolley tour through the town. Just a beautiful place.

Dave Lane
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Stillwater rocks and I'm an antiquer so Its a double bonus for me.

Dave

ferrarispider95
04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
6 - 7 hours, that's nothing. Defintely going to go this year.

Delano
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM

You can go over to the apple river and float down on a tube. If you go on a weekend there tend to be lots of college kids that are drunk and feeling hedonistic (I have never been there during training camp but I assume that it is the same as long as it is warm and school hasn't started).

You can also travel over to the Twin Cities and catch a MN Twins game!

ct
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
... I'd go back regardless, as my fiance and I have thought about moving to that area.

That would suck for you if they move TC back to KC then, huh?

I've never been to a TC, but my wife and I have discussed for a couple years getting up to River Falls. Just can't seem to make it happen.

Sully
04-04-2006, 03:32 PM
That would suck for you if they move TC back to KC then, huh?

I've never been to a TC, but my wife and I have discussed for a couple years getting up to River Falls. Just can't seem to make it happen.
It's gorgeous.
The Training Camp experience is a must. 2 practices a day, then all the sightseeing in the region. Do a day at the mall. Spend some time on the UM campus. catch the Twins. Drink in downtown St Paul or Minneapolis. I love it up there, and will probably live there one day.