PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fight Night / Ultimate Fighter

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2006, 11:17 AM
On 4/6 and it's free. Details are here http://www.ufc.com/

This is your fight card. http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightcard&eid=160

I just watched Pride Fights Bushido 10 last night. It just reminded me why I like Pride so much better even though I watch almost all the UFC stuff too.

Shamrock absolutely despises Tito too. I'll bet it took ever once of energy he had not to go off before the fight. I'm betting Tito kicks his ass again though. Ken should hang it up.

Skip Towne
04-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Tito f*cked ol Ken up pretty good last time.

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Tito f*cked ol Ken up pretty good last time.

His face was mashed. Word is Ken loves violence and fighting. I think they will have to drag his body out of the game.

58-4ever
04-05-2006, 11:31 AM
His face was mashed. Word is Ken loves violence and fighting. I think they will have to drag his body out of the game.

Yeah, too bad he wasted those years in the WWF. Although, I'll bet he got paid pretty well.

TrickyNicky
04-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Good to see all of the TUF faces fighting again. Bonnar versus Jardine will probably be a very good fight.

big nasty kcnut
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
ken shamrock is the man. You know he also was the nwa tna champion ayt one time

wilas101
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I think the cuomo/von flue fight will be good. both of these guys seem to have that "fight till you die" outlook.

Radar Chief
04-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, too bad he wasted those years in the WWF. Although, I'll bet he got paid pretty well.

Exactly why we’re still not see’n the best of all fighters in UFC, the payout just isn’t there.
It’s get’n better, UFC is grow’n, but the best will still head to Pride, or even go the WWF route, for the money.

HC_Chief
04-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Exactly why we’re still not see’n the best of all fighters in UFC, the payout just isn’t there.
It’s get’n better, UFC is grow’n, but the best will still head to Pride, or even go the WWF route, for the money.

Pride also lets the fighters juice.

Radar Chief
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Pride also lets the fighters juice.

No chit? I hadn’t thought of that angle.

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Good to see all of the TUF faces fighting again. Bonnar versus Jardine will probably be a very good fight.

I wanted to see Southworth again being he used to be instructor of mine. I think he burned his bridge with the UFC. Bobby and Dana just don't get along.

Braincase
04-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I find myself becoming a fan... when my wife's not looking. :)

She can't stand to watch it, but I find it so much more real than boxing - I've been down on boxing for years now, ever since Roy Jones Jr. got ripped off by the Korean judges. Then with the obvious fixes in some pro fights, I just quit watching. Now with MMA, it's pretty damn obvious who's winning and who's losing.

Funny thing, one of my wife's business partners is an Orthodox Jewish Neurosurgeon... his hobby is MMA. I've met him, and let me tell you, I wouldn't mess with him... big boy. I think he has ripples in his yarmulke.

Radar Chief
04-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I find myself becoming a fan... when my wife's not looking. :)

She can't stand to watch it, but I find it so much more real than boxing - I've been down on boxing for years now, ever since Roy Jones Jr. got ripped off by the Korean judges. Then with the obvious fixes in some pro fights, I just quit watching. Now with MMA, it's pretty damn obvious who's winning and who's losing.

Funny thing, one of my wife's business partners is an Orthodox Jewish Neurosurgeon... his hobby is MMA. I've met him, and let me tell you, I wouldn't mess with him... big boy. I think he has ripples in his yarmulke.

Yea, I’ve given up on boxing for the exact same reasons. I boxed a little when I was younger so I’ve got at least an idea of how the 10 point must system works and more often than not when I watch a match the judges’ll return a score that makes me wonder what fight they were watch’n.

Iowanian
04-05-2006, 01:52 PM
I like to pull for the Iowanians....and I'll be hoping Neer wins, but I think he's got his hands full with Joe Stevenson.

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I like to pull for the Iowanians....and I'll be hoping Neer wins, but I think he's got his hands full with Joe Stevenson.

You got a lot of grapplers coming out of your neck of the woods.

Bill Lundberg
04-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I really think Josh might surprise some people. He's 1-1 in the UFC and this being his 3rd fight, I think the shock and awe of it all has probably worn off. He's going to definately have his hands full but I guarantee he won't go down easy. He's a great kid with a bright future in the sport at only 22 years old. This will also be Stevenson's only fight at 170. He will be cutting back to his normal weight of 155 after this match.

Iowanian
04-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Neer comes from a long line of pretty good wrestlers from the conference I was in in HS.

Its been a sport with history in Iowa, with long blood lines.

Bill Lundberg
04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Neer comes from a long line of pretty good wrestlers from the conference I was in in HS.

Its been a sport with history in Iowa, with long blood lines.

You forgot to mention how great the tradition is at his high school! For god's sake the all mighty Bill Lundberg even wrestled there. ROFL

Iowanian
04-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Too bad they always got stomped by the real, big boys from down south....

You all smelled like you peed your pants too.

Simplex3
04-05-2006, 02:21 PM
I think the cuomo/von flue fight will be good. both of these guys seem to have that "fight till you die" outlook.
I'm glad to see Luke Cummo back in the ring. He took Stevenson the distance in that fight, I think he's just squirrely enough to be good. There are a lot of fights on that card I'm psyched to see. I'll be glued to my tube.

I'm like a lot of you when it comes to boxing. I used to love to watch it but between the obvious rig jobs, the top class fighters taking on cupcake fights, etc etc, I got bored with it. Hell, the heavyweights don't even box anymore IMO. It's just a couple of fat guys leaning on eachother until finally one of them gets too tired to stand up anymore. Yawn.

BIG_DADDY
04-05-2006, 02:21 PM
You forgot to mention how great the tradition is at his high school! For god's sake the all mighty Bill Lundberg even wrestled there. ROFL

Were you any good?

Bill Lundberg
04-05-2006, 02:22 PM
Too bad they always got stomped by the real, big boys from down south....

You all smelled like you peed your pants too.

LOL it was all part of our strategy.. How many team state dual meets did the "big boys" from down south go to?? We were there 2 out of my 4 years

Iowanian
04-05-2006, 02:24 PM
When did the Special Olympics start having rasslin?

Bill Lundberg
04-05-2006, 02:27 PM
Were you any good?

Not great I usually had a winning record but not by much. Best I ever did was 3rd at Sectionals, one place away from going on.

Iowanian
04-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Lundburg was in a pretty stacked weight class...hell....there were several stacked weight classes in that area of the state.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Not great I usually had a winning record but not by much. Best I ever did was 3rd at Sectionals, one place away from going on.

That explains why you like this so much. You participate in any martial arts after your school years?

Bill Lundberg
04-06-2006, 10:02 AM
No, mma wasn't very big back then, in fact I hadn't even heard of it or I probably would have tried it. In Iowa most of the wrestlers start in about 2nd grade. Many of the good kids get burned out by the end of high school because they have been going to tournaments every Saturday during wrestling season for as long as they can remember. Luckily my parents didn't push me that way, school came first then sports. As much as I used to hate them for that I'm far better off because of it.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
No, mma wasn't very big back then, in fact I hadn't even heard of it or I probably would have tried it. In Iowa most of the wrestlers start in about 2nd grade. Many of the good kids get burned out by the end of high school because they have been going to tournaments every Saturday during wrestling season for as long as they can remember. Luckily my parents didn't push me that way, school came first then sports. As much as I used to hate them for that I'm far better off because of it.

You watch Pride?

Bill Lundberg
04-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I've watched some, not as much as the UFC. I really just got into this in the last 2 years, since Josh started moving up in the ranks. I'm not as familiar with the PRIDE guys. I did see a video of Jens Pulver's last fight that was awesome, I can't find it now but it was on mma.tv/tuf (http://mma.tv/tuf)

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I've watched some, not as much as the UFC. I really just got into this in the last 2 years, since Josh started moving up in the ranks. I'm not as familiar with the PRIDE guys. I did see a video of Jens Pulver's last fight that was awesome, I can't find it now but it was on mma.tv/tuf (http://mma.tv/tuf)

Watch pride some time it's much better. They are going to do an open weight class tournament soon that should be good. I like the rules better in Pride. They are more intense fights. They finally legalized sanctioned MMA fights in California. There is a huge market for it here. Of course it's California so they gave us the most watered down rules in MMA history. We also have to have some of the biggest losers as fans here I have ever seen. It took a lot to not smack somebody before I got out of there. Imagine taking Oakland Coliseum and putting them at an MMA event, it was kind of like that. There were a lot of Raiders jerseys there too so it was more than symbolic.

BIG_DADDY
04-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Remember it's gonna be on tonight in 1 hour. I am heading out right now to watch it.

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
watching an old ultimate fight match. It's awesome.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 05:11 PM
I wanted to see Southworth again being he used to be instructor of mine. I think he burned his bridge with the UFC. Bobby and Dana just don't get along.
I would much rather see Rashad and Bobby throw down than see Sam get yet another shot.

Did you ever see the video of Ralph Gracie (I think it was Ralph) trying to pick a fight with Bobby even though he was on crutches with a broken leg? Even a Gracie's streetfight has to have "special" rules.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Knockouts 2 is on now before UFN...man i miss the old school UFC 8 man tournaments,they owned. Tank was always my favorite due to his **** you attitude.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Hehe, I will always remember Tank getting RNchoked out after slipping on Don Frye's blood in the Ultimate Ultimate final...

KC_John
04-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Hehe, I will always remember Tank getting RNchoked out after slipping on Don Frye's blood in the Ultimate Ultimate final...

I recall that one, he seemed to be winning that match also..remember the oleg tarktaroff(spelling sucks) match?

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Oh yeah he was definitely winning the fight. No, I've never seen UFC 6. Although it was infamous for Tank giving John Matua the dead horse knockout.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 05:38 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9772/aureliogomi3kc.gif Awww, poor Gomi. Choked by his own arm and chinned in the eye to all hell.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
TIVO'd and watching right now.

This first match is like watching a clown fight.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Also a reminder to always train some basic MT defense. Leben is grinding away those knees.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 06:19 PM
TIVO'd and watching right now.

This first match is like watching a clown fight.
The guy in the blue hair is getting punished.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
The guy in the blue hair is getting punished.
Yep

Rogan described it pretty well, dominant, but lackluster. Was pretty slow. Looking forward to cummo/von flue though.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 06:28 PM
I gotta say, I REALLY hate that foot stomp shit. Iknow it's legal, but seems like a pretty pussy tactic.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 06:30 PM
First fight was a yawnfest. Hope it picks up.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Not a whole lot of people foot-stomp, but a lot of clinchers do it to distract their opponent. Can't say I'm a fan of it, but with all the adrenaline in the fighters it seems partly ineffective.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Not a whole lot of people foot-stomp, but a lot of clinchers do it to distract their opponent. Can't say I'm a fan of it, but with all the adrenaline in the fighters it seems partly ineffective.
Yeah, haven't actually seen anyone do it except Leban (well, regularly at least). As far the guys not feeling it, I can see that, cuz even Leban seems to do it half-heartedly. I'd just hate to see someone break another guy's foot to win the match though. That's be pretty weak.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Is UFC like boxing, where you weigh in 24 hours before the fight, then can go up down 20 lbs for the fight?

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 06:45 PM
Is UFC like boxing, where you weigh in 24 hours before the fight, then can go up down 20 lbs for the fight?Yes, it is sanctioned by NSAC, which I believe forces weigh-ins.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 06:48 PM
That was a sick kneebar joe daddy had sunk in. Didn't see it hyper-extend like Rogan said but it looked pretty close.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
well the 2nd fight was atleast more entertaining than the first. Neer should have this one easily, even thoo the other guy came on at the end.

Iowanian
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Good job by Neer. He might have done it.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Totally Neer's fight.

I was really surprised. That kneebar was total Stevenson, expected him to take the fight. Then he took the knee to the head and looked totally out of it. He looked too scared to shoot. Then he got back on top and seemed to remember his strengths.

Good fight, but that knee to the head was the clincher.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:05 PM
well the 2nd fight was atleast more entertaining than the first. Neer should have this one easily, even thoo the other guy came on at the end.
Yeah, that looked like how I expected the whole fight to be. Neer's knee must have made a huge impact on Joe's confidence.

Iowanian
04-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Speaking of.....Neer said he thinks Stevenson popped his ACL with the bar.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Damn, that would be something if Neer actually handled a wrestler for the rest of the fight like that on a bum knee.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Speaking of.....Neer said he thinks Stevenson popped his ACL with the bar.
I wouldn't be surprised, that looked pretty tight. Guy's got some serious determination to fight through the pain of that.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Stevenson kept looking at the ref when he had that knee bar on waiting for it to be called....i bet he still cant believe the guy didnt tap..Kudos to Neer and his torn leg for bringing it like he did and winning.

Bill Lundberg
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
What a performance by Josh "The Dentist" Neer!! He came out just like I thought he would. Calm and composed and throwing bombs! Even when he was in the knee lock he didn't look panicked. Tough as nails...

Bill Lundberg
04-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh and he won me $180!!!

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:28 PM
This fight would be so much better if Rashad just stayed up.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Good, maybe that will make Rashad think twice about a lazy ground game in round 3. I love watching the guy throw punches. He's got some great combinations.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 07:46 PM
*Prays to the UFC gods,please let someone win this next fight without a decision*

unlurking
04-06-2006, 07:55 PM
*Prays to the UFC gods,please let someone win this next fight without a decision*
Amen!

KC_John
04-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Last 30 seconds of the last fight , the best of the night.

KC_John
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
OMG Bonnar won WTF? They gave him the win cuz he has name recognition, he got his ass handed to him for 3 rounds...lame.

unlurking
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Last 30 seconds of the last fight , the best of the night.
Yep, but Jardine got screwed on the decision if you ask me.

Pretty snoozer of a night if you ask me. I was disappointed with every fight except Neer.

Chiefnj
04-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm not sure how they score the fights, but I thought Jardine won.

TrickyNicky
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
Everyone with two eyes thought Jardine won. But thats what happens when you don't finish the opponent, you leave it up to the judges.

Iowanian
04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Jardine kicked his ass.

That was a sham.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Jardine kicked his ass.

That was a sham.
Hey, Iowanian, your boy done good. I particularly liked his combinations. He would have killed that guy if they stayed with boxing. I never once saw him throw the jab but what the right was right behind it.

jspchief
04-06-2006, 10:05 PM
So did you guys all pay per view this? Or was it a freeview somewhere?

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:15 PM
So did you guys all pay per view this? Or was it a freeview somewhere?
It was free on Spike TV. Channel 325 on Directv. It comes in the basic package as does the NFL Network. How did you see it?

jspchief
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
It was free on Spike TV. Channel 325 on Directv. It comes in the basic package as does the NFL Network. How did you see it?I didn't see it. I didn't open this thread until about 30 minutes ago, assuming it was about pay-per-view fights. So I missed it.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I didn't see it. I didn't open this thread until about 30 minutes ago, assuming it was about pay-per-view fights. So I missed it.
Well, damn, I think you have Directv too if I remember right. You could have seen it free. Big Daddy tipped me off yesterday with that thread.

jspchief
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Yea, I have DTV. I missed out.

Iowanian
04-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Skip, Neer is Lundburg's buddy.....but he's from near God's country.

I'd like to re-itterate that Jardine was robbed. He beat the piss out of Bonnar. When did Don King start promoting UFC fighters? Its the only explanation.

jsp...it was the free 2hr event prior to the start of season III of the Ultimate Fighter...Shamrock and Ortiz are coaches this year, and hate each other.

The first fight sucked, but I think the season has potential.

jspchief
04-07-2006, 07:43 AM
I did watch most of ultimate fighter, but had to tend to a crying duaghter before the fight happened. Did Calib kick that other guy's ass?

Iowanian
04-07-2006, 07:44 AM
The other guy rolled over and took a hand full of whacks to the back of the head, cried out each time he got hit and it was stopped. Boxer had no chance with the grappler.

It wasn't remotely entertaining.

jspchief
04-07-2006, 07:46 AM
I figured it would go down that way.

So what do you think of Shamrock's strategy of pitting his best againt their worst? IMO, it might get him out to an early jump, but it will ultimately be trouble for him.

cdcox
04-07-2006, 07:47 AM
I'd like to re-itterate that Jardine was robbed. He beat the piss out of Bonnar.

That's what I saw.

Chiefnj
04-07-2006, 07:50 AM
It seems like the guys on Tito's team are going to learn a lot more than the guys on Ken's team. I don't know if that will be reflective in the fight results though.

jspchief
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
It seems like the guys on Tito's team are going to learn a lot more than the guys on Ken's team. I don't know if that will be reflective in the fight results though.I agree. You can already tell Ken's guys are bothered by having that nutritionist instead of someone that could teach them about fighting.

But Tito seemed to be picking a lot of guys based on character more than ability. I'm not sure that will translate to better fighters. At least not in the short term.

Iowanian
04-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I figured it would go down that way.

So what do you think of Shamrock's strategy of pitting his best againt their worst? IMO, it might get him out to an early jump, but it will ultimately be trouble for him.

I don't like Shamrock's approach at all so far.

First of all, I think he's doing a disservice to his team by not having his coaches, grappler in particular, work hands on with the guys like Ortiz is doing.

I don't agree with the strategy of putting his top fighter against their "worst" either. 1. Eventually, that puts Shamrock's worst vs Ortiz's best and it evens up. If there is an upset vs one of the lesser fighters, he's in trouble in a hurry.

I think Red-head Ed is going to win the middleweight and I'll take a flyer on the deaf kid at lt Hwt.

jspchief
04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
I don't like Shamrock's approach at all so far.

First of all, I think he's doing a disservice to his team by not having his coaches, grappler in particular, work hands on with the guys like Ortiz is doing.

I don't agree with the strategy of putting his top fighter against their "worst" either. 1. Eventually, that puts Shamrock's worst vs Ortiz's best and it evens up. If there is an upset vs one of the lesser fighters, he's in trouble in a hurry.

I think Red-head Ed is going to win the middleweight and I'll take a flyer on the deaf kid at lt Hwt.I'd like to see that Ed get knocked out. He's just to cocky for me. I do think he'll be a good fighter though. Crazy that it took so long for one of the guys to pick him.

Iowanian
04-07-2006, 08:00 AM
I think he's pretty cocky too...probably a punk.

Alot of the good fighters are cocky and punks......My least favorite fighter ever is Diaz.

The kid seems kind of crazy, and the limited stuff they showed, looks to have good ground skills. I was amazed that he didn't get picked until towards the end, and I think that puts a dangerous chip on his shoulder.

Chiefnj
04-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Do Tito and Shamrock get to interact more, or will they only see each other on the days of matches.

Iowanian
04-07-2006, 08:03 AM
I think they're keeping them apart on purpose....to avoid a fight, thats not on ppv. Some of the preview stuff, showed them tangling at some point.

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Skip, Neer is Lundburg's buddy.....but he's from near God's country.

I'd like to re-itterate that Jardine was robbed. He beat the piss out of Bonnar.

The first fight sucked, but I think the season has potential.

Neer whipped JS' ass... I was impressed.

Jardine got hosed. He clearly won that fight... the crowd let the judges hear it.

The first fight wasn't even close. The cannuck jumped the pretty boy and beat him into submission. It was a slaughter.

After watching the show, I like Tito more than Shamrock. Tito appears to be a much better coach and a more likeable guy.

Fish
04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd like to see that Ed get knocked out. He's just to cocky for me.

Every damn guy on the show is way too cocky. I understand that happens with a bunch of guys that fight for a living... but damn... coaches and all.... these guys are walking testosterone bombs....

I'm rooting for the deaf dude...... he's got heart......

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 10:33 AM
My take on the fights was that I wasn't overly impressed as a whole. Neer was amazingly tuff it's too bad his knee is all jacked up now. We probably won't see him for awhile. Jardine wooped Bonnars ass. What a crock of shit that was.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 11:02 AM
As far as the Ultimate Fighter goes I also found it puzzling that Shamrock didn't bring a jiu-jitsu guy. I also liked the fact that Tito doesn't mind mixing it up with them as opposed to just standing there. It's too early to tell with the fighters the only thing I know about them is I can't stand that Kristian guy I hope he gets pummeled BIG TIME!!!

What a whiney little beeotch. Complaining about your age at 33 WTF was that?

Bill Lundberg
04-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Here is what Josh had to say after the fight. It was posted on a MMA forum..

Date: 04/07/06 09:05 AM
63 Total Posts Ignore User

i think my knee is going to be alright. it may just be sprained. it did pop like 5 times. i dont think joe just let it go, i was pushing his butt with my foot thats why i got out. the reason why i didnt stand with joe and kept going to the ground was because i couldn't hardly stand on my leg. if i would of been able to stand on my leg i would of stood the whole fight. joe was a real cool guy and i have alot of respect for him. i walk around at 175 without dieting, if i watched my diet, i can make 155. i m not going to say it ll be easy but i think i can make it. i feel like i'm not big enough to compete with the best at 170, so thats the reason for 155. i think i can compete with the top guys there. thanks to all the guys at miletech that helped me get ready for the fight. pat really had me ready and gave me the confidence to go out there and get the w. josh neer

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 12:41 PM
I can't stand that Kristian ...Complaining about your age at 33 WTF was that?

No doubt. I was surprised he didn't get picked last!

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Here is what Josh had to say after the fight. It was posted on a MMA forum..

Date: 04/07/06 09:05 AM
63 Total Posts Ignore User

Yea I hope it isn't too bad I would love to see him fight again.

Those last Pride fights were awesome. I will let you know when they come on again as they are seriously intense. Have you seen any of them?

58-4ever
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I have a new respect for Tito too. I always thought he was kind of a punk before the show. Now, it seems as if Shamrock is the punk. I hope Tito smashes his face in again. Although it looks like a catcher's mitt already. Did it look like he was wearing alot of make-up to anyone else?

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
No doubt. I was surprised he didn't get picked last!

Some people don't like the cocky guys but they don't bother me at all. What bothers me is someone who complains all the time. Those bags were only 200 pounds. If you can lift it lift it, if you can't move on. Bitching about it is ridiculous. The guy has no wind either. Bitching all the time usually = no heart, we shall see.

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Some people don't like the cocky guys but they don't bother me at all. What bothers me is someone who complains all the time. Those bags were only 200 pounds. If you can lift it lift it, if you can't move on. Bitching about it is ridiculous. The guy has no wind either. Bitching all the time usually = no heart, we shall see.

Yep.

Cockiest SOB I've ever seen in an MMA ring = Phil Baroni; but I think he's awesome. He's funny as hell and I've heard he's a really cool guy. Just <i>really</i> cocky.

That's to be expected of a fighter. They are either really cocky and extroverted, or quiet and a bit introverted - like Luke Cummo, and even Joe Stevenson (to a degree).

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Yep.

Cockiest SOB I've ever seen in an MMA ring = Phil Baroni; but I think he's awesome. He's funny as hell and I've heard he's a really cool guy. Just <i>really</i> cocky.

That's to be expected of a fighter. They are either really cocky and extroverted, or quiet and a bit introverted - like Luke Cummo, and even Joe Stevenson (to a degree).

Some of it can be maturity as well. Younger fighters tend to be full of more piss and vinegar. Then again I always believed if you are super confident and project that in this business you're going to make more money. Ali personified that. People want to see you more when you're like cocky whether they want you to win or lose. That of course equates to more $$$$. Didn't Baroni go to Pride?

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Didn't Baroni go to Pride?

Yep. His fight was on the other night. For some reason I keep thinking he fought Silva, but I don't think that's correct.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Yep. His fight was on the other night. For some reason I keep thinking he fought Silva, but I don't think that's correct.

You're probably talking about the loss to Ikuhisa Minowa. He won his previous 2.

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 01:11 PM
You're probably talking about the loss to Ikuhisa Minowa. He won his previous 2.

Yep. IIRC you had a thread on that Pride presentation.

I dig Pride, but it's not on too often. I wish time Warner HD would carry more of it!

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Pride is always going to be a thorn in the side of the UFC. They are coming out with regular programming now too and free past fight viewing. They are copying what the UFC is doing well and they can pay more unless you're are one of the UFC's golden boys. That means the UFC will continue to lose fighters to Pride. Pride also has much better rules and I think it is looked at as being more realistic and the real world championship. The UFC is most likely not going to be able to change their rules either as John McCain is all over this.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Yep. IIRC you had a thread on that Pride presentation.

I dig Pride, but it's not on too often. I wish time Warner HD would carry more of it!

I believe they were showing it on 654 earlier yesterday. I will look into that for you.

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Fox Sports is carrying it. The Pride sight is www.pridefc.com Go to events and they have the PPV schedule as well as the FSN schedule. Next one for me is Sunday at 9 PM.

HC_Chief
04-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I definitely prefer Pride over the others (UFC/K1). It's crazy watching the Pride fights in Tokyo... 50 THOUSAND fans at a fight!! :eek: The cool part is they are highly knowlegeable fans too; they don't boo when grappling dominates a fight. That shit pisses me off.... it's not a f*cking street fight, it's not boxing, it's not Muy Thai - it is Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Grappling, wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, Judo: all large parts of the sport. Fighters grappling on the ground, going for submissions, is integral to the sport... don't boo because the fighters aren't teeing off on each other, toe-to-toe like you and your drunk-ass phuqtard grabastic buddies do in the parking lot! :grr:

Heh, starting to sound like an old grump... "I remember back in UFC 1-10, there were no rounds... and no gloves either! Two men entered the octagon and one was victorious by either KO or submission. Judges? HA! And the crowd didn't piss & moan when Joyce Gracie grappled with a guy 70# heavier for 10+ minutes before finally submitting the guy, like some modern-day Brazilian David" :D

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I definitely prefer Pride over the others (UFC/K1). It's crazy watching the Pride fights in Tokyo... 50 THOUSAND fans at a fight!! :eek: The cool part is they are highly knowlegeable fans too; they don't boo when grappling dominates a fight. That shit pisses me off.... it's not a f*cking street fight, it's not boxing, it's not Muy Thai - it is Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). Grappling, wrestling, Jiu Jitsu, Judo: all large parts of the sport. Fighters grappling on the ground, going for submissions, is integral to the sport... don't boo because the fighters aren't teeing off on each other, toe-to-toe like you and your drunk-ass phuqtard grabastic buddies do in the parking lot! :grr:

Heh, starting to sound like an old grump... "I remember back in UFC 1-10, there were no rounds... and no gloves either! Two men entered the octagon and one was victorious by either KO or submission. Judges? HA! And the crowd didn't piss & moan when Joyce Gracie grappled with a guy 70# heavier for 10+ minutes before finally submitting the guy, like some modern-day Brazilian David" :D

I like the UFC too I just like the rules in Pride. The first UFC stuff ruled I loved the tournaments. The next Pride tournament will be open class, should be interesting. I don't know who is going to be in it but I don't see anyone getting past Fedor Emelianenko if he is in it. I think he would take out Arlovsky if he was given the chance.

TrickyNicky
04-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Pride has its warts just like the UFC. IMO the competition level in UFC is more balanced. Thats not to say that UFC has better fighters, its just that Pride seems to enjoy the freak show and mismatches. Pride Bushido 10 for example, Ikuhisa Minowa, a 185 lb'er fought Giant Silva, a 7 ft 350+ lb'er.

Pride also doesn't test for performance enhancing drugs or steroids. Regardless of your opinion on steroids, because they don't test, the playing field is level so anyone can take those supplements to compete.

yunghungwell
05-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Bump...

Is anyone watching TUF3? I have seen a few of the reruns on Saturday nights, but I usually miss it on Thursday.

I am pretty new to watching this sport, I didn't watch any until TUF2 was running a post season marathon.

I am really beginning to like Tito. Dude will eff up you head (brain) before he effs up your face.

BIG_DADDY
05-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Bump...

Is anyone watching TUF3? I have seen a few of the reruns on Saturday nights, but I usually miss it on Thursday.

I am pretty new to watching this sport, I didn't watch any until TUF2 was running a post season marathon.

I am really beginning to like Tito. Dude will eff up you head (brain) before he effs up your face.

Southworth from the first show will be fighting out here soon.

I think Tito hurt himself again and they mat be postponing the Shamrock fight.

BIG_DADDY
05-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Will one of Shamrock's guys ever win? I still can't believe he didn't bring a jiu-jitsu guy. He lost the respect of his whole team when he brought his trainer and he never got it back.

On a seperate note I met Randy Couture the other day. What a really down to earth guy.

Carlota69
05-11-2006, 03:06 PM
On 4/6 and it's free. Details are here http://www.ufc.com/

This is your fight card. http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightcard&eid=160

I just watched Pride Fights Bushido 10 last night. It just reminded me why I like Pride so much better even though I watch almost all the UFC stuff too.

Shamrock absolutely despises Tito too. I'll bet it took ever once of energy he had not to go off before the fight. I'm betting Tito kicks his ass again though. Ken should hang it up.

Hey Big daddy,

Question:

Frank Trigg is a very good friend of mine. He is doing the FSN broadcasts of Pride with Jay Glazer--what do you think of him behind the camera? He's just beginning this part of life, as TV sports broadcaster (he's retired from fighting), and I think he's doing great. But he's a friend of mine, so maybe I'm a little bias. What do you think?

burt
05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Pride is always going to be a thorn in the side of the UFC. They are coming out with regular programming now too and free past fight viewing. They are copying what the UFC is doing well and they can pay more unless you're are one of the UFC's golden boys. That means the UFC will continue to lose fighters to Pride. Pride also has much better rules and I think it is looked at as being more realistic and the real world championship. The UFC is most likely not going to be able to change their rules either as John McCain is all over this.

I have enjoyed UFC more than Pride....What rules in pride make you like it better. I am not looking to argue....but to learn......

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey Big daddy,

Question:

Frank Trigg is a very good friend of mine. He is doing the FSN broadcasts of Pride with Jay Glazer--what do you think of him behind the camera? He's just beginning this part of life, as TV sports broadcaster (he's retired from fighting), and I think he's doing great. But he's a friend of mine, so maybe I'm a little bias. What do you think?

I haven't seen him enough to give you a fair evaluation but I will pay attention next time and PM you on it. I think this area is saturated with potential broadcasters and I don't see them getting rid of Rogan any time soon. You also have Randy who is retiring now as probably the most popular fighter ever and if he wants a shot at the microphone they will probably give it to him. A lot of the fighters don't really have the charisma of say a Boss over in Pride. Also with Dana wanting to get his mug on camera all the time it will limit some of the other opportunities there otherwise might be out there. Then again if he's good MMA is really gowing and his timing on this might be very good. Has he got schools?

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 09:57 AM
I have enjoyed UFC more than Pride....What rules in pride make you like it better. I am not looking to argue....but to learn......

Elbows, knees and kicking to the head on the ground. The knees are really a big deal and change the game completely when reversed on the ground. Pride is much more realistic from that standpoint.

TrickyNicky
05-12-2006, 10:59 AM
No elbows in Pride, I thought. You never see them in Pride at all.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 11:36 AM
No elbows in Pride, I thought. You never see them in Pride at all.

Not in the current Bushido matches because of the weight discrepancy. Now that I think about it they are even allowed in the UFC. George St. Pierre's fights should have reminded me of that.

TN,

What are the best sights you go to for MMA information?

Here are some I go to:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/

http://www.sherdog.com/

http://www.mmanews.com/

Did you see the Tsuyoshi Kohsaka -vs- Mark Hunt fight? Kohsaka can really take a punch. If you are going to go out with a loss that's the way to do it.

Have you had your first MMA fight?

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen him enough to give you a fair evaluation but I will pay attention next time and PM you on it. I think this area is saturated with potential broadcasters and I don't see them getting rid of Rogan any time soon. You also have Randy who is retiring now as probably the most popular fighter ever and if he wants a shot at the microphone they will probably give it to him. A lot of the fighters don't really have the charisma of say a Boss over in Pride. Also with Dana wanting to get his mug on camera all the time it will limit some of the other opportunities there otherwise might be out there. Then again if he's good MMA is really gowing and his timing on this might be very good. Has he got schools?

Thats cool. I would, and I'm sure frank would, appreciate your input. He doesn't really have to worry about Rogan becasue they are working for two different entities. Trigg with FSN and Pride and Rogan with the UFC. I think Rogan sux by the way. Frank is way funnier and much better on the eyes :p

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Thats cool. I would, and I'm sure frank would, appreciate your input. He doesn't really have to worry about Rogan becasue they are working for two different entities. Trigg with FSN and Pride and Rogan with the UFC. I think Rogan sux by the way. Frank is way funnier and much better on the eyes :p

Do you see more and more of your fights there in Vegas coming out here to California?

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 11:49 AM

I have seen 2 or 3 of those. I will pay more attention moving forward. What I like is when they tell us what someone is doing and what the other guy needs to do in order to get out of that particular move rather than just giving their opinion on who's winning.

TrickyNicky
05-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I go to MMAweekly.com and Sherdog.com, but for discussion I head to Bloodyknux.com. They have a great smaller community and forums, practically no sherdog whitebelts to say "BURCE LEE WOULD KILL FEDOR EMLIEMNIAKNO. LOL!1!!11BBQ!111." Which is one of the reasons I like it.

I've seen every Pride and UFC and I make sure never to miss one. Did you hear about the rumors of K-1 and UFC agreeing to exchange talent? Which is why BJ Penn and Royce weren't meddled with by K-1 when they signed with UFC for their most recent fights. I think it will be huge for both organizations if it is true.

I haven't had any MMA fights, nor do I train. I'm much too lazy for that kind of thing.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 11:53 AM
I go to MMAweekly.com and Sherdog.com, but for discussion I head to Bloodyknux.com. They have a great smaller community and forums, practically no sherdog whitebelts to say "BURCE LEE WOULD KILL FEDOR EMLIEMNIAKNO. LOL!1!!11BBQ!111." Which is one of the reasons I like it.

I've seen every Pride and UFC and I make sure never to miss one. Did you hear about the rumors of K-1 and UFC agreeing to exchange talent? Which is why BJ Penn and Royce weren't meddled with by K-1 when they signed with UFC for their most recent fights. I think it will be huge for both organizations if it is true.

I haven't had any MMA fights, nor do I train. I'm much too lazy for that kind of thing.

I thought you said you were training to fight. I had not heard about the K-1 and UFC thing. The only thing I heard about K-1 was that they were trying to set up a fight between the two fat asses Cabbage Patch and Tank Abbott.

TrickyNicky
05-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Thats cool. I would, and I'm sure frank would, appreciate your input. He doesn't really have to worry about Rogan becasue they are working for two different entities. Trigg with FSN and Pride and Rogan with the UFC. I think Rogan sux by the way. Frank is way funnier and much better on the eyes :p I think Frank does a great job. I've enjoyed him on MMAweekly's radio shows too. He will be a great announcer, just tell him to shut Mauro up once in a while.

Oh yeah and please tell him no more nudies, they have become something of a punchline on the MMA forums :shake:

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
You guys should check out mma.tv/tuf for info, they have a great forum there. Only drawback is that you have to pay a membership fee to post. Lurking is free.

Edited to add: TUF stands for the underground forum not The Ultimate Fighter. There are quite a few pro fighters who post on the forum, Matt Hughe, Royce Gracie, Jeremy Horn, Pat Miletich to name a few.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
You guys should check out mma.tv/tuf for info, they have a great forum there. Only drawback is that you have to pay a membership fee to post. Lurking is free

What does it run?

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 12:01 PM
What does it run?

$29.95/year

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 12:02 PM
$29.95/year

Not bad if it's that good.

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Any posters on there with a green name are pro fighters

burt
05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
You got a lot of grapplers coming out of your neck of the woods.

When I wrestled in college...I got my arse beat by several Iowanians. I also beat quite a few. Grapplers that can strike are usually hell on wheels.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
When I wrestled in college...I got my arse beat by several Iowanians. I also beat quite a few. Grapplers that can strike are usually hell on wheels.

Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Tai. What a bad ass combination. To have killer genes and learn them both at a young age. Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. We are just scratching the surface in MMA. The future is going to be amazing.

burt
05-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Tai. What a bad ass combination. To have killer genes and learn them both at a young age. Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. We are just scratching the surface in MMA. The future is going to be amazing.

Wrestled 8 years...including college....boxed for 4.... and you are right...we have only scratched the surface...

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Wrestled 8 years...including college....boxed for 4.... and you are right...we have only scratched the surface...

If you ever out here in the bay area let me know.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
I like mma. My fav are royce gracie, ken shamrock and mark coleman. I don't like tito ortiz and josh koshack. Also hoping to see arlovski and slyvia mix it up again.

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Arlovski and Silvia already have a rematch set for June or July...

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 02:12 PM
I like mma. My fav are royce gracie, ken shamrock and mark coleman. I don't like tito ortiz and josh koshack. Also hoping to see arlovski and slyvia mix it up again.

They are already the 3rd Arlovsky -vs Sylvia fight scheduled. Syvia wasn't supposed to win that and they spent a ton promoting Arlovsky. That fight is a toss up. I still think the top 3 in Pride beat either one of these guys.

BTW if you think Royce will win the payout is pretty sweet if you bet it.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Arlovski and Silvia already have a rematch set for June or July...

I think it is UFC 61 in Vegas in July if I remember correctly. It's great to see the interest in MMA increasing on this BB. I remember when I could barely get a reply. BTW Southworth is in awesome shape for the fight out here. Ihope they put odds up on that fight. Anybody seen this James Irvin fight?

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Do you see more and more of your fights there in Vegas coming out here to California?

Yeah, it looks that way. But I can also see UFC using this as a way to put on more fights--like once a month. I wouldn't put it passed them.

Why not, right?

Someone told me to tell Trigg no more nudies--I think those days over anyway, but I'll pass the message along :)

burt
05-12-2006, 02:19 PM
If you ever out here in the bay area let me know.

On that, you can count.....

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 02:22 PM
I think it is UFC 61 in Vegas in July if I remember correctly. It's great to see the interest in MMA increasing on this BB. I remember when I could barely get a reply. BTW Southworth is in awesome shape for the fight out here. Ihope they put odds up on that fight. Anybody seen this James Irvin fight?

He fought Stephan Bonner in one of the Spike TV Ultimate Fight nights (I want to say it was 3), and the dude is chiseled. That being said Bonnar caught him in a Kimura and ended it in Round 1 IIRC. Bonnar had to practically break his arm to get him to tap, he's a tough guy, it should be a good fight.

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM

I can remember when we couldn't give tickets away! Nobody wanted anything to do with the sport, and now, UFC wont even give us tickets to giveaway. Unbelievable, but whatever.

Sylvia is a cool dude. I've hung out with him on many occasions and he is probably the most genuine guy in the sport. Unlike his buddy Matt Hughes who is the biggest, most self-righteous hypocritical asshole you'll ever meet.

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 02:26 PM
James Irvin looks like the TUF season one punching bag. Louden Sincain beat him as well..

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=7780

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I can remember when we couldn't give tickets away! Nobody wanted anything to do with the sport, and now, UFC wont even give us tickets to giveaway. Unbelievable, but whatever.

Sylvia is a cool dude. I've hung out with him on many occasions and he is probably the most genuine guy in the sport. Unlike his buddy Matt Hughes who is the biggest, most self-righteous hypocritical asshole you'll ever meet.

Really, Matt Hughes is like that? Everyone I met in MMA has been very cool so far except for Tank Abbott. I got in a fight with one of his body guards at the 1st or 2nd Ultimate Ultimate in Birmingham Alabama. His whole group was going around acting like the biggest bunch of assholes you have ever seen.

Bill Lundberg
05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
I met Hughes right after his fight with Trigg and he seemed like a nice guy.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
James Irvin looks like the TUF season one punching bag. Louden Sincain beat him as well..

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=7780

Southworth will kill him them. I predict a knockout Bobby has very good stand up.

burt
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Really, Matt Hughes is like that? Everyone I met in MMA has been very cool so far except for Tank Abbott. I got in a fight with one of his body guards at the 1st or 2nd Ultimate Ultimate in Birmingham Alabama. His whole group was going around acting like the biggest bunch of assholes you have ever seen.

S, how'd ya do?? People like that just make ya want to....deflate their ego's.....so to speak.... Sometimes manners must be taught.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 02:47 PM
S, how'd ya do?? People like that just make ya want to....deflate their ego's.....so to speak.... Sometimes manners must be taught.

I had been drinking and Tank had just lost to Don Fry. I was sitting with the senior management of 24 Hour Fitness and with Ken Shamrocks dad. After he lost I got up and went over to the area where they walk out and yelled "how does it feel to lose again Tank?" One of his guys jumped the railing and came after me. I punched him in the side of the face lost balance and went down. He kicked me in the ear but I grabbed his foot and swept him attempting an ankle lock when security grabbed me and threw me out. They never let me live that down as long as I worked at 24 Hour Fitness. My ear turned black but it didn't hurt.

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Matt Hughes is the biggest jerk I have ever worked with, and I worked with him for over a year and half. My best friend also dated him for close to 2 years, while he had another girlfriend (or 2). My friend didn't know until late in the game and was already in love with him. So that wasn't an easy situation. He still cheats on his now pregnant wife and runs around giving people grief if they aren't acting "christian". So while he's running around cheating on his pregnant wife, he is bible thumping on all of us sinners. And that's just a little piece of the Matt Hughes pie, I could go on, but I wont.

Is he nice to people when meeting them briefly? Yeah, he can be very cordial, so it doesn't surprise me when people say he's a nice guy. He can come off that way.

TrickyNicky
05-12-2006, 03:00 PM
I've also heard that people who train with Tim Sylvia don't like him very much. They say he's a big ego guy who carries his belt around town with him. This isn't my opinion, just what I heard.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Well carlota that sucks well he might have to change his way if royce gracie beat him. I think royce will beat cause i have been thinking about who to go with.

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 03:04 PM
I've also heard that people who train with Tim Sylvia don't like him very much. They say he's a big ego guy who carries his belt around town with him. This isn't my opinion, just what I heard.
If that was true, I would be surprised. But I dont hang out in Iowa, so maybe he's head has gotten a little larger in the last year. That type of shit does happen, I just hope it isn't true.

Carlota69
05-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Well carlota that sucks well he might have to change his way if royce gracie beat him. I think royce will beat cause i have been thinking about who to go with.
I would love to see Matt get his ass beat, ala BJ penn, but I doubt it.

TrickyNicky
05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
If that was true, I would be surprised. But I dont hang out in Iowa, so maybe he's head has gotten a little larger in the last year. That type of shit does happen, I just hope it isn't true.
Thats what I was thinking when I heard it too, because you always hear both things. They are either Saints or Sinners. It's usually somewhere right in the middle. Some people would call it human.

BIG_DADDY
05-12-2006, 03:17 PM
I would love to see Matt get his ass beat, ala BJ penn, but I doubt it.

I can see Matt potentially losing to someone like BJ. Getting his ass kicked by someone in his weight class at this time isn't going to happen though. IMO

burt
05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
I had been drinking and Tank had just lost to Don Fry. I was sitting with the senior management of 24 Hour Fitness and with Ken Shamrocks dad. After he lost I got up and went over to the area where they walk out and yelled "how does it feel to lose again Tank?" One of his guys jumped the railing and came after me. I punched him in the side of the face lost balance and went down. He kicked me in the ear but I grabbed his foot and swept him and was attempting and ankle lock when security grabbed me and threw me out. They never let me live that down as long as I worked at 24 Hour Fitness. My ear turned black but it didn't hurt.

Great story. ROFL

I MUST party with you!!

yunghungwell
05-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Ed Herman...not as impressive as I was expecting.

Braincase
05-26-2006, 07:26 AM
Ed Herman...not as impressive as I was expecting.

I missed it last night... smoke me the spoiler... and which fighter got to come back in because P-Dub had to go back to Yankton to show his skank that he'd sacrifice big for her.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Which friggin night is the show on?

I swear I saw it last monday, and this week its on thursday? pffffffft.

yunghungwell
05-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Thursday at 9 central.

I missed last week...piss me off...but the highlights that they started the show with this week made last weeks fight look like a hellva barn burner.

Not to worry Ed wins, but he by no means lived up to his Billy Bad Ass mouth.

Oh yeah, and they rerun the show from Thursday on Sat at 9.

yunghungwell
05-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Anyone purchasing UFC 60?

keg in kc
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Oh yeah, and they rerun the show from Thursday on Sat at 9.I think they show it on monday night at 9 or 10, also.

Sully
05-26-2006, 09:43 AM

Or does anyone know of any bars that will have it?

Sully
05-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Not to worry Ed wins, but he by no means lived up to his Billy Bad Ass mouth.

I am so sick of his ****ing mouth that I was hoping by some fluke he'd get beat. But Daniel didn't even belong in the ring. Not just with Ed, but with anyone...
He's too nice, and doesn't have a killer instinct at all.

Bill Lundberg
05-26-2006, 11:22 AM
I am so sick of his ****ing mouth that I was hoping by some fluke he'd get beat. But Daniel didn't even belong in the ring. Not just with Ed, but with anyone...

How great was it when he was all pumped up after getting his ass kicked and screamed "I AM A UFC FIGHTER" Tito Ortiz nailed it. No he's not. The thing that sucks is he probably will get a fight in the UFC just for being on the show.

Iowanian
05-26-2006, 01:00 PM
The Deaf guy hasn't fought yet has he? The last show I saw, he was getting hazed alot, and took a shot to the jaw he didn't deal with too well.

yunghungwell
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
He fights next week. It is the last fight of the first round I think.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2006, 01:23 PM
shamrock's team is getting their asses kicked, i would like shamrock to beat on ortiz but i think he is too old

bloomer88
05-26-2006, 02:55 PM
shamrock's team is getting their asses kicked, i would like shamrock to beat on ortiz but i think he is too old

You know it's funny, going into this season, I was prepared to be pulling for Shamrock's team. I've always respected what he has done in the cage over the years, and I have never liked Ortiz. But, only a few weeks into the show, I had a totally different outlook on the two guys. Tito is one hell of a coach, and seem's to be a really good guy(totally opposite of what I'd seen from him in the cage). I understand editing may play a part in it, but Shamrock just doesn't seem to grasp the coaching part of this thing. Tito has seemed to have really bought into the team aspect of this show, where as Shamrock seems like he is just focused on beating Ortiz.

It didn't take long for me to start pulling for Ortiz's team, just for the simple fact that I couldn't stand the majority of Shamrock's team. You talk about a bunch of arrogant jerks!!!!

Thank God "Team Dagger" took a hit when Solomon got beat. OMG, how annoying that dude was!!!! I was praying that they weren't going to bring him back after Noah left.

Having said all that, I'll still probably root for Shamrock when him and Ortiz go at it themselves.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2006, 04:07 PM
a friend of mine always buys it and invites everyone over, its byob but besides that i don't have to chip in for the ppv charges :thumb:

unlurking
05-26-2006, 05:27 PM
You know it's funny, going into this season, I was prepared to be pulling for Shamrock's team. I've always respected what he has done in the cage over the years, and I have never liked Ortiz. But, only a few weeks into the show, I had a totally different outlook on the two guys. Tito is one hell of a coach, and seem's to be a really good guy(totally opposite of what I'd seen from him in the cage). I understand editing may play a part in it, but Shamrock just doesn't seem to grasp the coaching part of this thing. Tito has seemed to have really bought into the team aspect of this show, where as Shamrock seems like he is just focused on beating Ortiz.

It didn't take long for me to start pulling for Ortiz's team, just for the simple fact that I couldn't stand the majority of Shamrock's team. You talk about a bunch of arrogant jerks!!!!

Thank God "Team Dagger" took a hit when Solomon got beat. OMG, how annoying that dude was!!!! I was praying that they weren't going to bring him back after Noah left.

Having said all that, I'll still probably root for Shamrock when him and Ortiz go at it themselves.
Yep, I had the same feelings going in. I think by episode two I was really rooting for Tito. Shamrock is just a prick (or so he seems to be on the show).

And I totally agree about those two fruity fairy dagger bitches. I was hoping that Tito would see the "mini-team" (Shamrock isn't around enough to notice) and match the two against each other. Don't remember if they were in the same weight class or not. Was glad to watch that ****er sit up and go "what happened"?

And Noah is a little prick bitch, screwing over his team like that. I can't believe Dana even allowed him to get that stupid letter in the first place. The whole thing must have been a setup.

ArrowheadHawk
05-26-2006, 05:29 PM
yep noah is a stupid **** he left a life changing competition for a girl that wasn't even his wife or fiance

BIG_DADDY
05-26-2006, 06:31 PM

I get them all. Looks like they will have more fights than usual. Guess that's what happens when you sell out Staples.

unlurking
05-26-2006, 08:00 PM
I tivo'd it, plan on watching shortly. I was dreading the day I'd have to watch Daniel fight. The guy seemed like a total wuss when he was "pampering" Matt after he got smacked. Surprised he didn't get his ass totally reamed.

chop
05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Are Gi's allowed in the UFC?

I was just watching some Royce fights and he wore his gi in every fight and used it to his advantage. So, is he going to be able to use it against Matt Hughes?

big nasty kcnut
05-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Chop i don't think there nothing in the rule books about wearing it as long as you have protection for groin and elbow and knees pad

Sully
06-25-2006, 09:07 PM
I didn't get to post about this last night, and I was amazed to see that no one else had...

Last nights fights, for the most part were great. The highlight, obviously, was Ed vs Kendall. They were each in submissions, and worked out of them. Ed, especially, showed a hell of a lot of heart. I couldn't stand that guy on the show, but he gained a little of my respect witht he way he fought last night.

You had to know that Bisping was gonna kill in his fight, though...

chop
06-26-2006, 06:15 AM
I didn't get to post about this last night, and I was amazed to see that no one else had...

Last nights fights, for the most part were great. The highlight, obviously, was Ed vs Kendall. They were each in submissions, and worked out of them. Ed, especially, showed a hell of a lot of heart. I couldn't stand that guy on the show, but he gained a little of my respect witht he way he fought last night.

I would have liked to see Bisping and Matt fight in the final. Matt dominated his fight later in the night. Maybe they will fight on a later date.

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 07:15 AM
Matt has some great wrestling skills, is strong as a bull and obviously tough....but when I watched his fight, he reminded me of a friend of mine who was built like him only bigger, had a hearing impairment, and was a hwt wrestler. I saw him fight a guy that was 7' tall once, and he would throw him down, give a punch, but didn't have the killer instinct to jump on and really beat the shit out of him.

I think Matt is too nice, and doesn't have that Killer instinct to jump on and really beat someone's ass.

Part of me doesn't want to Like Bisping for some reason, but he's does have the killer instinct. I think he'll do pretty well as a professional, especially if he trains with more US fighters/trainers.

bloomer88
06-26-2006, 07:16 AM
I would have liked to see Bisping and Matt fight in the final. Matt dominated his fight later in the night. Maybe they will fight on a later date.

Did Matt fight later on in the show? I must have turned it off too soon. I thought it was over after the Florian fight.

I agree with you, I would have loved to of seen Bisping and Matt in the final.

Sully
06-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Matt has some great wrestling skills, is strong as a bull and obviously tough....but when I watched his fight, he reminded me of a friend of mine who was built like him only bigger, had a hearing impairment, and was a hwt wrestler. I saw him fight a guy that was 7' tall once, and he would throw him down, give a punch, but didn't have the killer instinct to jump on and really beat the shit out of him.

I think Matt is too nice, and doesn't have that Killer instinct to jump on and really beat someone's ass.

I wonder about that, too... his niceness.

But I was also impressed that, for a wrestler, he won his fight by outpunching his man (in the TV show match, I mean).

Iowanian
06-26-2006, 07:21 AM
He also didn't protect himself and took alot of shots he didn't have to strait to the brainpan.

His wrestling skills are very tough....but I will have to see him jump on someone thats down and give them a beating before I'll believe he's really got it in him.

In his fight, he had more than once chance to finish it on the ground, and he let the guy up.

I never did hear them say what his injury was that kept him out though...maybe thats part of what happend. He seems like a nice guy....too nice of a guy for that game.

Sully
06-26-2006, 09:19 AM
On the show he got a pretty decent concussion, as well as a hurt elbow...IIRC.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 11:19 AM

Funny you should mention Ed. I was the only guy in our jiu-jitsu school that wanted him to win. I am glad they gave him a contract too, he certainly didn't lose that fight. I was hoping they would send it into overtime.

I had just got back from the Gracie Open and we went to a mexican restaurant to have some margaritas and watch the fight. I had them turn it on and some guy sitting across from us got very upset and I didn't know why. Rina then heard him going on and on about it being barbarism with his wife, son and his sons boyfriend. ROFL Their table wouldn't even look over at ours which is a shame because his sons girlfriend had some nice little titties she was showing off. :cuss: His wife did give me that look of disgust though on the way out like we were watching kiddy porn or something. ROFL

In other MMA news there are rumours of Rickson Gracie fighting Sakuraba. That would be interesting.

Braincase
06-26-2006, 11:30 AM
I watched about half the shows... my wife gives me "oh, that's just barbaric" look, so I try to watch 'em when she's either working or off to bed.

I had my favorites, liked Bisping, liked Rory, and thought Noah was a dumbass. Enjoyed watching a few guys go home... like Ponson (the guy talked like he was serious, but didn't train like it).

The show made me respect Tito as a team player. Shamrock thought he was so far above his players, and didn't do a good job fomenting a team attitude. I have so much more respect for Ortiz now than I did before. Ortiz got the right assistant coaches... Shamrock brought in a nutritionist over a jiu jitsu coach... sorry, but that's just stupid. Most sides of the nutrition game can be garnered by having some wits about you, but grappling requires a little more hands-on.

chop
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Did Matt fight later on in the show? I must have turned it off too soon. I thought it was over after the Florian fight.

I agree with you, I would have loved to of seen Bisping and Matt in the final.

Yes he fought the last fight. I think a replay of it is on tonight.

He fought Jesse (I think that is his name). Jesse is the guy that lost to Noah by armbar and came back sporting a mohawk. Matt pretty much dominated the entire fight. He didn't look spectacular but he looked alot better than the fight he was in on the show.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 11:41 AM
I watched about half the shows... my wife gives me "oh, that's just barbaric" look, so I try to watch 'em when she's either working or off to bed.

I had my favorites, liked Bisping, liked Rory, and thought Noah was a dumbass. Enjoyed watching a few guys go home... like Ponson (the guy talked like he was serious, but didn't train like it).

The show made me respect Tito as a team player. Shamrock thought he was so far above his players, and didn't do a good job fomenting a team attitude. I have so much more respect for Ortiz now than I did before. Ortiz got the right assistant coaches... Shamrock brought in a nutritionist over a jiu jitsu coach... sorry, but that's just stupid. Most sides of the nutrition game can be garnered by having some wits about you, but grappling requires a little more hands-on.

The whole team lost respect for Shamrock when he didn't bring in a jiu-jitsu guy. He never got it back. Shamrock didn't do himself any favors trying to pick up some top notch fighters for the Lions Den either. I don't think anyone would want to go there after watching that.

jlscorpio
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Both Kendall and Ed earned a lot of respect in the fight. Kendall was my favorite on the whole show. My wife actually likes to watch it, until somebody's just getting bludgeoned (Bisping's opponent). It's funny cuz she's a total girly girl, totally into makeup/nails and everything.

bloomer88
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I couldn't stand Ed's arrogance on the show. I know he was pissed that he wasn't picked first, but get over it man. That was such a huge shot to his ego. I'll give him credit, though. That fight that him and Kendall put on had to of been one of the best fights I've seen. Before the decision, I told my wife that Dana will give both of them contracts ala Griffin and Bonnar two years ago. Ed's a hell of a fighter, I just can't stand his attitude.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Both Kendall and Ed earned a lot of respect in the fight. Kendall was my favorite on the whole show. My wife actually likes to watch it, until somebody's just getting bludgeoned (Bisping's opponent). It's funny cuz she's a total girly girl, totally into makeup/nails and everything.

A lot of women are into it, all you had to do was look into the audience at Staples. lil momma is girly as well. After watching this for the last few years 2 months ago she said she wanted to take jiu-jitsu. I kind of lauphed it off and told her she would never like it. My instructor Marco has a finacee that is a purple belt and competes. lil momma comes down to my class and talks to her and buys a combat Gi and takes the class. She is a regular now which is funny because never in a million years would have I thought she would have liked it. She likes it so much she is already talking about competing. We went to the Gracie Open yesterday to take a look at what both of us will be fighting soon. We ended up being pissed we didn't enter I think both of us had a chance to metal. We are both entering the US Open in October which is a massive tournament. I am also going to start teaching her standup as I used to fight full contact as a kid.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I couldn't stand Ed's arrogance on the show. I know he was pissed that he wasn't picked first, but get over it man. That was such a huge shot to his ego. I'll give him credit, though. That fight that him and Kendall put on had to of been one of the best fights I've seen. Before the decision, I told my wife that Dana will give both of them contracts ala Griffin and Bonnar two years ago. Ed's a hell of a fighter, I just can't stand his attitude.

It's what made me like him.

Sully
06-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Ed's a hell of a fighter, I just can't stand his attitude.

Up until this last fight, I didn't even think he was that great of a fighter.

HC_Chief
06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
Funny you should mention Ed. I was the only guy in our jiu-jitsu school that wanted him to win. I am glad they gave him a contract too, he certainly didn't lose that fight. I was hoping they would send it into overtime.

I disagree. Kendell took rounds 2 & 3. Ed clearly won the first round. IMO the difference was training & conditioning. Kendell worked his ass off w/ Team Punishment; Ed appears to have trained hard with Team Quest, but not hard enough.

I too was glad to see Dana give Ed a contract. He's a solid fighter... just needs to get his attitude in check. He's too much about the anger and not enough about the training/preparation. that's evident in his drinking. JMO

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 01:37 PM
I disagree. Kendell took rounds 2 & 3. Ed clearly won the first round. IMO the difference was training & conditioning. Kendell worked his ass off w/ Team Punishment; Ed appears to have trained hard with Team Quest, but not hard enough.

I too was glad to see Dana give Ed a contract. He's a solid fighter... just needs to get his attitude in check. He's too much about the anger and not enough about the training/preparation. that's evident in his drinking. JMO

Who wouldn't have wanted to be on Tito's team? That was a huge advantage. Kendell definately won at the end of round 3 but I don't think he controlled the majority of the round. I think OT was definatley in order. Kendell probably would have won but I would have liked to have seen it.

I ma probably the only guy here that wanted him to win as well.

bloomer88
06-26-2006, 01:43 PM

Especially his first fight on the show against Danny. That was the ultimate mismatch, and Ed didn't really dominate that one like I expected him too. In fact he got caught with a few things that he shouldn't have, he was just too over confident. His semifinal fight would have been much closer if Rory wouldn't have just quit. Ed showed what he could do the other night in the final. He impressed me. I still don't like him, though. I thought it was pretty fitting when I saw that Chris Leben was in his corner. They both seem to have the same attitude towards everyone.

HC_Chief
06-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Who wouldn't have wanted to be on Tito's team? That was a huge advantage. Kendell definately won at the end of round 3 but I don't think he controlled the majority of the round. I think OT was definatley in order. Kendell probably would have won but I would have liked to have seen it.

I ma probably the only guy here that wanted him to win as well.

I actually expected Ed to win. After I saw how Kendell went to practice with Team Punishment <i>after</i> taping UF3, I started to have second thoughts. He worked his ass off after the show ended... and that's what won it for him IMO. If the roles were reveresed, if Kendall had been on Shamrock's team and Ed on Tito's, I'm not so sure Kendall would have made it to the finals. And, if he had, I think Ed would have trounced him.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I actually expected Ed to win. After I saw how Kendell went to practice with Team Punishment <i>after</i> taping UF3, I started to have second thoughts. He worked his ass off after the show ended... and that's what won it for him IMO. If the roles were reveresed, if Kendall had been on Shamrock's team and Ed on Tito's, I'm not so sure Kendall would have made it to the finals. And, if he had, I think Ed would have trounced him.

Tito even acknowleged in the end that he probably should have picked him.

svuba
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM

I am still not sold on Ed.
He,s a tough SOB, with good ground skills, but not much of a finisher.

He never really punished anybody..... He talks a hell of a lot of trash considering what he has actually showed in the cage.

I don't think he would do too well against somebody like Rich Franklin or Jeremy Horn even Evan Tanner. I would bet that Diego Sanchez, or Joe Stevenson could come up from 170 & Kick Ed's A$$.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I am still not sold on Ed.
He,s a tough SOB, with good ground skills, but not much of a finisher.

He never really punished anybody..... He talks a hell of a lot of trash considering what he has actually showed in the cage.

I don't think he would do too well against somebody like Rich Franklin or Jeremy Horn. I would bet that Diego Sanchez, or Joe Stevenson could come up from 170 & Kick Ed's A$$.

He definately needs more experience. He's going to get it.

Bill Lundberg
06-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Even someone like Leben would finish Ed in the first 2 minutes..

svuba
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Can't wait to see Rashad Evans vs Steppan Bonner on Wednesday.
Bonner is a true warrior, but I think Rashad may just be a bit much for him to handle. -

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Bonner is a true warrior, but I think Rashad may just be a bit much for him to handle. -

There will be a lot of good fights. It will be interesting to see Menne -vs-Koscheck. The one guy I hope gets killed is Kristian. Some people hated Ed but Kristian is the one I couldn't stand. Bitches the entire time and then tries to act all tuff before he gets his ass kicked.

bloomer88
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Some people hated Ed but Kristian is the one I couldn't stand. Bitches the entire time and then tries to act all tuff before he gets his ass kicked.

There weren't many on Shamrock's team that I cared too much for. It's too bad because it may have been a totally different story if they were on the other team. I think a lot of it had to do with how Shamrock felt and acted towards them. It's pretty easy to have a piss pour attitude when your so called coach has it the whole time.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
There weren't many on Shamrock's team that I cared too much for. It's too bad because it may have been a totally different story if they were on the other team. I think a lot of it had to do with how Shamrock felt and acted towards them. It's pretty easy to have a piss pour attitude when your so called coach has it the whole time.

He bitched right from the beginning about being old. It's like STFU already. I'll bet he gets his ass kicked again.

I agree with you on Shamrock. Not bringing a jiu-jitsu guy was just stupid.

svuba
06-26-2006, 04:19 PM
He bitched right from the beginning about being old. It's like STFU already. I'll bet he gets his ass kicked again.

I agree with you on Shamrock. Not bringing a jiu-jitsu guy was just stupid.

I can't believe Kristian is fighting in the UFC. Like you said BD he was a whiner, had No conditioning, Got his Butt kicked, refused a 2nd chance opportunity, and he is still fighting? I can't see this guy briniging it at all. How many times does he need to prove he is not a fighter?

Big Daddy - - - Do you think Bonner can Handle the power & Aggressiveness of Rahaad Evans?

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I can't believe Kristian is fighting in the UFC. Like you said BD he was a whiner, had No conditioning, Got his Butt kicked, refused a 2nd chance opportunity, and he is still fighting? I can't see this guy briniging it at all. How many times does he need to prove he is not a fighter?

Then again maybe they are setting him up to get his ass kicked. After watching him bitch all the time I just might find that entertaining. :)

Sorry dude we did't see you tapping. ROFL

Immaculate
06-26-2006, 05:02 PM
Even someone like Leben would finish Ed in the first 2 minutes..

Riiiight, Since Leben is cream of the crop.

You're gonna find out how tough LEben is wedensday, When Anderson Silva puts thse shins upside his head.

Immaculate
06-26-2006, 05:03 PM

They're both bums.

big nasty kcnut
06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
well i can't wait for arlaski vs. sylvia tito shamkrock ppv that will be awesome.

Immaculate
06-26-2006, 05:18 PM
well i can't wait for arlaski vs. sylvia tito shamkrock ppv that will be awesome.

The WFA card clowns the next UFC rematch PPV.

BIG_DADDY
06-26-2006, 05:20 PM

I think the fact that they are making Syvia fight him again immediately after a win is BS. Sylvia was never supposed to win that fight. I hope he does again.

Sully
06-26-2006, 09:08 PM

Me and a few of my boys are already planning that night out.

skye22f
06-26-2006, 11:25 PM
well i can't wait for arlaski vs. sylvia tito shamkrock ppv that will be lame.

Fixed your post.

Arlovski vs. Sylvia- Arlovski is decent, but the UFC HW division just sucks, really.

And Tito vs. Shamrock, lame lame lame. Huge mismatch, gay UFC stuff, Shamrock was washed up 5 years ago, and now? Rampage was a free agent, they didn't pick him up, would you rather see Tito-Rampage or Tito-Shamrock? Well, I know which one I'd rather see, Joe Retard from the street probably has a different opinion.

I'm sick of these lame UFC cards.

skye22f
06-26-2006, 11:29 PM
The WFA card clowns the next UFC rematch PPV.

That card is sweeeeeeeeeeet.

jidar
06-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Fixed your post.

Arlovski vs. Sylvia- Arlovski is decent, but the UFC HW division just sucks, really.

And Tito vs. Shamrock, lame lame lame. Huge mismatch, gay UFC stuff, Shamrock was washed up 5 years ago, and now? Rampage was a free agent, they didn't pick him up, would you rather see Tito-Rampage or Tito-Shamrock? Well, I know which one I'd rather see, Joe Retard from the street probably has a different opinion.

I'm sick of these lame UFC cards.

You're right, I'd much rather see Rapage -vs- Tito, I'd have Rampage as a heavy favorite in that match up.
Arlovski and Sylvia are the best heavyweights in UFC right now so.. what are you gonna do? Sylvia goes down this time, I think the last fight was exactly what everyone means when they say "punchers chance"

All of that said, the better fighters by far are all still in Pride.
You know what would be good? Cro Cop or Fedor vs Arlovski

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
06-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Im looking forward to Yves Edwards vs. Joe Stevenson in the July PPV. Yves is from my hometown and I will be rooting for him to beat a heavier Stevenson. It will be great to see him on TV as the lightweights have rarely gotten air time in the past

Immaculate
06-26-2006, 11:36 PM

**** yes. Anything with Meyhem, Bas, Rampage, And Pele. I'm sold.

jidar
06-26-2006, 11:38 PM

Wow.. I hadn't heard about this until now but seeing some awesome names here.

Man.. I'll be watching this even for sure.

big nasty kcnut
06-26-2006, 11:43 PM
well true but the wfh what so good about it you can use knees to the head or what.

jidar
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
well true but the wfh what so good about it you can use knees to the head or what.

good question.

I'd prefer they allowed knees and disallowed elbows.
****ing gay assed UFC fighters are always going for cuts with their elbows.. I hate seeing cut stoppages.

skye22f
06-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Sylvia goes down this time, I think the last fight was exactly what everyone means when they say "punchers chance"

Yeah, as in "the chance you almost get knocked out and the other guy runs his face right into one of your punches."

All of that said, the better fighters by far are all still in Pride.
You know what would be good? Cro Cop or Fedor vs Arlovski

That would be pretty awesome. I think AA would be brutally raped by either of them, but I also think that AA is kinda underrated by a lot of people after Sylvia got lucky against him. He's pretty good.

I dunno if you've seen this, but check out Fedor's artwork, he likes to draw. The toughest man in the world, and he draws... this?!?!?!
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268887

skye22f
06-27-2006, 12:09 AM

The hw fighters are way, way better. And we don't have to see stuff like Tito vs. Shamrock. Ugggggggh. I mean, yeah, I want to see Tito win, Tito will destroy him, ok great. It's just too WWF for me, I'd rather see better fights with two good fighters, not stuff like Hughes-Gracie (yeah, this was a foregone conclusion, and yeah I bet my house on Hughes at like -300.) I can't get too pissy because I guess it's just the public getting what they want, but I can't help think that PRIDE generally has better matchups.

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, as in "the chance you almost get knocked out and the other guy runs his face right into one of your punches."

That would be pretty awesome. I think AA would be brutally raped by either of them, but I also think that AA is kinda underrated by a lot of people after Sylvia got lucky against him. He's pretty good.

I dunno if you've seen this, but check out Fedor's artwork, he likes to draw. The toughest man in the world, and he draws... this?!?!?!
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=268887

Fedor would kill him.

I hope Sylvia wins.

jlscorpio
06-27-2006, 10:37 AM
how does K1 rate? I've never watched any of their fights?

BIG_DADDY
06-27-2006, 10:50 AM
how does K1 rate? I've never watched any of their fights?

It's cool I just like seeing the ground game included.