PDA

View Full Version : severe weather outbreak likely tomorrow across the midwest

Chiefs Pantalones
04-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Said that if the sun stays out tomorrow along with the low pressure system coming in (if the clouds stay behind) and the temp rises in the 80s, it could get scary across the midwest.

Simplex3
04-05-2006, 09:29 PM
If this is that dumb b**ch Horner I'm not going to sweat it until she predicts the apocalypse. Then maybe I'll break out my umbrella.

Stinger
04-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh no we all DOOOOMMMMMMMED!!!!!!!!! I mean what will we do, how in the world did people survive with out the weather channel or doppler radar.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh no we all DOOOOMMMMMMMED!!!!!!!!! I mean what will we do, how in the world did people survive with out the weather channel or doppler radar.

I don't know, but tell that to the 27 people that died on Sunday.

Bowser
04-05-2006, 09:33 PM
If this is that dumb b**ch Horner I'm not going to sweat it until she predicts the apocalypse. Then maybe I'll break out my umbrella.

You know you love seeing her 24/7 on the TeeVee.

Skip Towne
04-05-2006, 09:43 PM
They're predicting all hell to break loose in Tulsa tomorrow.

Simplex3
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
They're predicting all hell to break loose in Tulsa tomorrow.
If only those stoopid fockers hadn't been driving their SUVs today...

:(

irishjayhawk
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
The truth in that statement is astounding.

Couple years back: 15inches of snow I tell you!

Didn't snow.

Bowser
04-05-2006, 09:46 PM
The truth in that statement is astounding.

Couple years back: 15inches of snow I tell you!

Didn't snow.

Hell, she did this year, too! A few weeks back, we were going to get between 12-18 inches of snow. We got a dusting.

Stinger
04-05-2006, 09:48 PM

Not to sound crass or indignant here but sometimes bad things happen to good people. I just find it well funny some people tommorrow will be huddled around a tv set all day worried about of all things the weather.

Skip Towne
04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
The weather people have improved greatly over the years. In the 60's I made fun of my mother for watching the weather on TV. They were rarely right back then. Now, they can tell you 3-4 days in advance when bad weather is approaching.

morphius
04-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Its odd, thunderstorms have never really bothered me, but after my folks got hit with the F0 last weekend I'm getting a bit more nervous.

Jenny Gump
04-05-2006, 10:03 PM

ROFL

I know I will be really scared.

beavis
04-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Not to sound crass or indignant here but sometimes bad things happen to good people. I just find it well funny some people tommorrow will be huddled around a tv set all day worried about of all things the weather.
I figure as long as I stay away from trailer parks, I'll be fine.

Skip Towne
04-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I figure as long as I stay away from trailer parks, I'll be fine.
But won't you need to go home?

Simplex3
04-05-2006, 10:24 PM
But won't you need to go home?
He hasn't gotten the promotion that would let him move out of the cardboard box in the alley yet.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-05-2006, 10:51 PM

No I know what you were saying, I was saying they probably watched the weather and still got burnt. Sometimes it happens.

BryanBusby
04-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Bryan Busby says the storms will fail to generate into anything of much signifigance. The skies will clear in the late afternoon and I will be scooping the scene at The Plaza. Stop touching me in the naughty places, Larry Moore.

journeyscarab
04-06-2006, 08:29 AM
We're all gonna DIE!

http://www.hollywoodjesus.com/movie/little_nicky/cross.jpg

carlos3652
04-06-2006, 08:31 AM
http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/day1otlk.html

luv
04-06-2006, 10:26 AM
We've had some rain and thunder today. It's cleared up a little. We're supposed to really get it this evening. Of course, my boss won't be at work, putting me in charge. We have one lady who is deathly afraid of thunderstorms. I hope she stays home. She always causes a ruckus when she hears the slightest crack of thunder. If I didn't have to work, I'd say bring them on! I love thunderstorms!

beavis
04-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Bryan Busby says the storms will fail to generate into anything of much signifigance. The skies will clear in the late afternoon and I will be scooping the scene at The Plaza. Stop touching me in the naughty places, Larry Moore.
Disturbing.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I went out and tied down the trailor.

cmh6476
04-06-2006, 12:32 PM
is that why they were giving royals tickets away 2 for 1? :shrug:

SPchief
04-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Man the weather today is absolutly HORRIBLE.

Its like 70 degrees and sunny outside.

Everybody be safe in these severe conditions.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
is that why they were giving royals tickets away 2 for 1? :shrug:

No, that's the only way to get more than 5,000 fans to a game, unless it's the home opener or the series vs. the Cardinals........

ChiefsCountry
04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
No, that's the only way to get more than 5,000 fans to a game, unless it's the home opener or the series vs. the Cardinals........

They had 12k yesterday.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
They had 12k yesterday.

OK, so I exaggerated to prove a point......

Sorry.

12K, really? What is that, like 1/3 of capacity?

leviw
04-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Man the weather today is absolutly HORRIBLE.

Its like 70 degrees and sunny outside.

Everybody be safe in these severe conditions.

Because Raytown is in the center of the universe, of course no one else in the world should be concerned...

Hopefully if you're at/near Junction City along 177, you're in your tornado shelter. Manhattan residents better get ready, too. This one's packing baseball-size hail.

Gonzo
04-06-2006, 04:04 PM
I knew all 27 of those people and they were all mass murderers and puppy rapers.

Bowser
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
The weather was severely nice today.

leviw
04-06-2006, 04:43 PM
82 mph winds here in Manhattan just a few minutes ago and golf ball sized hail.

4th and Long
04-06-2006, 04:52 PM
There are currently numerous watches and warnings in several parts of Kansas.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=EAX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

leviw
04-06-2006, 04:55 PM
There are currently numerous watches and warnings in several parts of Kansas.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=EAX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

One Tornado watch. (Expires at 9)
Two Tornado Warnings (Marshall and Washington, both expire at 6)
Two Severe Thunderstorm Warnings (Pottawatomie and Riley, both expire at 6)

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Whee!! We just had 10 minutes of marble sized hail. It covered the ground.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Tornado on the ground near Independence, Ks. That's where Greg 63 works. He just saw one last week.

tk13
04-06-2006, 05:07 PM
On the weather channel, they mentioned there's a multiple-vortex tornado on the ground in northern Kansas, heading toward Beatrice, NE.

teedubya
04-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I got bombarded with a couple sprinkles today... It was treacherous.

Old Dog
04-06-2006, 05:51 PM
There have been 5 tornadoes confirmed west of there (2 in Abilene, and one each in Chapman, Clay Center, and Solomon). There was also some BASEBALL sized hail on Ft. Riley.
I think it has all moved out of this area though now.

One of the tornadoes was within 1/4 mile of my house, but didn't do any damage to any homes that I've noticed.

petegz28
04-06-2006, 07:37 PM
dry as a bone in Oooooolathe

BucEyedPea
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Do you people generally have basements there?

We don't in Florida which make the tornado warnings scary...but if I had a basement I'd be more relaxed. Then our tornadoes aren't as bad as yours.
I'm a 3 hurricane survivor though.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 09:38 PM

We don't in Florida which make the tornado warnings scary...but if I had a basement I'd be more relaxed. Then our tornadoes aren't as bad as yours.
You have those little inferior tornadoes. We call those wind eddies. We have REAL tornadoes.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 09:53 PM

To answer your question, though, yes many folks do have basements. The trend now is toward tornado shelters or "safe rooms" in the house. The shelters are pre-fab metal pods that you bury near your house. I saw two safe rooms last week. One was completely formed out of concrete but looked just like a normal study or computer room. The other, the owner pulled back a throw rug in the master bedroom to expose a heavy metal door in the floor. He opened the door to show me a concrete walled round room that seated 10 people. I suggested he put in a security type camera so he could watch the tornado pass over him.

leviw
04-06-2006, 10:04 PM
To answer your question, though, yes many folks do have basements. The trend now is toward tornado shelters or "safe rooms" in the house. The shelters are pre-fab metal pods that you bury near your house. I saw two safe rooms last week. One was completely formed out of concrete but looked just like a normal study or computer room. The other, the owner pulled back a throw rug in the master bedroom to expose a heavy metal door in the floor. He opened the door to show me a concrete walled round room that seated 10 people. I suggested he put in a security type camera so he could watch the tornado pass over him.

I suggest that's where he stores his wife when she gets out of line.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:20 PM
I suggest that's where he's stores his wife when she gets out of line.
That's a damn good idea.

arrowheadnation
04-06-2006, 10:26 PM
I got some video of some strong rotation on a gust front on the West side of Manhattan today. It's on my phone though, so it doesn't look very good. And it's not like I could send it to a news crew or anything because all my retarded buddies can be heard in the background saying...."that's a f*cking tornado...look at that mother f*cker!....Son of a b!tch!....that isn't f*cking coming over here is it?"

leviw
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
I got some video of some strong rotation on a gust front on the West side of Manhattan today. It's on my phone though, so it doesn't look very good. And it's not like I could send it to a news crew or anything because all my retarded buddies can be heard in the background saying...."that's a f*cking tornado...look at that mother f*cker!....Son of a b!tch!....that isn't f*cking coming over here is it?"

I sat in the Manhattan High parking lot and watched the same thing. There was indeed some funky rotation. Then it started hailing and I busted my ass home.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I sat in the Manhattan High parking lot and watched the same thing. There was indeed some funky rotation. Then it started hailing and I busted my ass home.
Hey, what are you guys bitching about? That is a hell of a lot of excitement for Manhattan.

leviw
04-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Hey, what are you guys bitching about? That is a hell of a lot of excitement for Manhattan.

Sure Skip, it's all fun and games until the cows and the chicken coops get blown away and there's nothing left of this town.

Skip Towne
04-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Sure Skip, it's all fun and games until the cows and the chicken coops get blown away and there's nothing left of this town.
:LOL: Good one! I had to rep that.

BucEyedPea
04-06-2006, 11:13 PM

I heard of those....I want something like that but we can't go underground 'cause they say the water table is too high. They showed tests on TV with shooting objects smashing into them going...oh I don't remember the speed but it was supposed to be close to the same speed...and they held up. I'd like to line my walk-in closet with those blocks...bettah than being a sittin' duck and I'd even preserve my wardrobe,shoes and purses. ROFL

carlos3652
04-06-2006, 11:15 PM
dry as a bone in Oooooolathe
It stayed dry...

alanm
04-07-2006, 01:01 AM
We're in a Blizzard warning at the moment.. From now until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Calling for 2 to 4" of snow and sustained winds of 30 to 45mph. :eek: With peak gusts in the 60's. This has been a weird spring :hmmm:

chefsos
04-07-2006, 01:57 AM
You know, I've decided I'm not gonna bitch about the weather here anymore. You Midwestern folks get some seriously weird shit.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2006, 02:23 AM
I got some video of some strong rotation on a gust front on the West side of Manhattan today. It's on my phone though, so it doesn't look very good. And it's not like I could send it to a news crew or anything because all my retarded buddies can be heard in the background saying...."that's a f*cking tornado...look at that mother f*cker!....Son of a b!tch!....that isn't f*cking coming over here is it?"You know, I'd be willing to bet that most tornado videos that news channels end up showing contain more than their fair share of f-bombs prior to being edited for air.

Anyways, I hate spring/early summer, and severe weather is one of the biggest reasons I'd never be able to live in the plains; it's bad enough here, as the 19 fatalities in West TN alone last week showed. In fact, severe weather is one of the biggest reasons I'd love to eventually move to Seattle, or something.

Skip Towne
04-07-2006, 07:26 AM
You know, I'd be willing to bet that most tornado videos that news channels end up showing contain more than their fair share of f-bombs prior to being edited for air.

Anyways, I hate spring/early summer, and severe weather is one of the biggest reasons I'd never be able to live in the plains; it's bad enough here, as the 19 fatalities in West TN alone last week showed. In fact, severe weather is one of the biggest reasons I'd love to eventually move to Seattle, or something.
Actually the severe weather is fun. Kinda like dodgeball.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Actually the severe weather is fun. Kinda like dodgeball.Do pastors come around and kick you in the balls while you're cleaning up debris?

Bowser
04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Do pastors come around and kick you in the balls while you're cleaning up debris?

This, class, is how internet rumors start....

DUDE! PastorMikH just kicked Skip Towne RIGHT IN THE BALLS!

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
This, class, is how internet rumors start....

DUDE! PastorMikH just kicked Skip Towne RIGHT IN THE BALLS!Dude!

Bowser
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
ROFL

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2006, 11:29 AM
A DANGEROUS...POTENTIALLY LIFE-THREATENING...TORNADO OUTBREAK IS
FORECAST ACROSS MUCH OF THE MID-SOUTH THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS ALL OF WEST
TENNESSEE AND NORTH MISSISSIPPI. THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS MOST OF EAST ARKANSAS AND THE MISSOURI
BOOTHEEL...MAINLY ALONG AND EAST OF JONESBORO. THERE IS A SLIGHT
RISK OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS TO THE WEST OF JONESBORO.

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP ACROSS THE MIDSOUTH
THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING. TORNADOES...VERY LARGE HAIL...AND
DAMAGING STRAIGHT LINE WINDS ARE ALL POSSIBLE ACROSS THE MID-SOUTH.
THE GREATEST RISK FOR TORNADOES WILL BE EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI
RIVER...BUT ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE WEST OF THE RIVER.
THE MOST LIKELY TIME FOR SEVERE WEATHER IS FROM NOW THROUGH 2 AM.

THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP INTO A SQUALL LINE FROM
SOUTHWEST TENNESSEE INTO NORTH MISSISSIPPI AND EAST-CENTRAL ARKANSAS
BY LATE THIS EVENING. LOCALLY HEAVY RAIN IS POSSIBLE AS THE
THUNDERSTORMS MERGE INTO A SQUALL LINE. THE LINE OF THUNDERSTORMS
WILL MOVE SOUTHEASTWARD AND GRADUALLY WEAKEN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

PLEASE PREPARE NOW FOR THIS POTENTIALLY SERIOUS SEVERE WEATHER EVENT.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST WEATHER INFORMATION FOR SEVERE WEATHER WATCHES
AND WARNINGS. KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO AT ALL TIMES DURING THE DAY
AND NIGHT IF SEVERE WEATHER THREATENS.

Oh, bother.

Bowser
04-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh, bother.

Hopefully for you, it's the same storm that "rocked" KC yesterday.

SPchief
04-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Hopefully for you, it's the same storm that "rocked" KC yesterday.

Man that weather was so severe that I am still cleaning up the twig that fell from the storm.

alanm
04-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Man that weather was so severe that I am still cleaning up the twig that fell from the storm.
Yeah, The blizzard we were supposed to get didn't quite shape up either. It's partly cloudy with no snow and a little windy and the low 40's at the moment. It's too late for snow any way.