PDA

View Full Version : K Renovations

Pitt Gorilla
04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/ballpark/renovations.jsp

There's a slideshow of the proposed renovations. They look pretty cool. Of course, I'd still like the roof on hot, sunny days.

chiefqueen
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Forget the stadium........renovate the team.

vckcchiefs04
04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/ballpark/renovations.jsp

There's a slideshow of the proposed renovations. They look pretty cool. Of course, I'd still like the roof on hot, sunny days.
Just so ya know.... those have been out for over a week now.

beavis
04-06-2006, 02:47 PM
I don't understand why they had to ruin every picture by reminding us how lame Slugger is.

Pitt Gorilla
04-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Just so ya know.... those have been out for over a week now.
Yeah, I know. I didn't catch the entire slideshow until just yesterday. I thought a few other folks might be as behind as me. :)

StcChief
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM

They will in Portland....

siberian khatru
04-06-2006, 03:18 PM
What's that tent shit in CF? I prefer the clean view between the interstate, scoreboard and seating.

It all looks cluttered to me. I like the restaurant and Taste of KC ideas, though.

tk13
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
What's that tent shit in CF? I prefer the clean view between the interstate, scoreboard and seating.

It all looks cluttered to me. I like the restaurant and Taste of KC ideas, though.
Without having looked at the pictures, I believe that's supposed to be the Pavilion. They're going to put one in like they have at Arrowhead.

banyon
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Two questions:

1) Will the pavillion tent block my pristine view of Taco Bell?

2) Does anyone else see how bogus the claim is that they moved the bullpens to the "traditional location on the field".

As for #2, they aren't baseball purists. They just want the $$$ they think the right field plaza expansion would generate.

IMHO, I hate on-field bullpens. Oakland has them. It expands foul territory too much. It will drop the Royals' team batting averages by 10 points or so.

Also there are injury risks both to the bullpen pitchers from line drive foul balls, and to outfielders trying to track down a ball who stumble over the bullpen mound.

Sully
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
IMHO, I hate on-field bullpens. Oakland has them. It expands foul territory too much. It will drop the Royals' team batting averages by 10 points or so.

Also there are injury risks both to the bullpen pitchers from line drive foul balls, and to outfielders trying to track down a ball who stumble over the bullpen mound.

It's a matter of opinion, so I'm not arguing with you... BUT...
I actually like the on-field bullpens, when I've seen them. You have a better look at who is warming up, their demeanor, etc.

Dave Lane
04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Much like the Royals this is crap. I can't believe this is all we get for half a billion dollars. Disgusting.

Dave

banyon
04-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Much like the Royals this is crap. I can't believe this is all we get for half a billion dollars. Disgusting.

Dave

I believe you also get some long past due infrastructure repairs that will hopefully keep pieces of the Stadium from falling on you and keep the pipes from bursting while you are trying to take a leak.

Sully
04-06-2006, 03:44 PM

No kidding. Days Inn is gonna be pissed.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM

Dave

More disgusting than spending all that money on a ballpark that averaged attendance at less than half of capacity for the past 10+ years? What a waste.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/teams/kcratte.shtml

ChiTown
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM

Too bad we can't use some of those funds to actually buy some talent. That would be nice...............

shakesthecat
04-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Too bad we can't use some of those funds to actually buy some talent. That would be nice...............

If what I read about Paul Byrd taking 7 million less to sign with Cleveland is true, mo money isn't the answer at this point.

RealSNR
04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Who gives a shit. Let me see the Arrowhead renovation plans

Frazod
04-06-2006, 05:35 PM

Or the ownership. :bang:

DJJasonp
04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
So we add seats above the fountains and where the bullpens were.....so we can add another 4,000 empty seats witnessing outstanding plays by players such as Angel Berora and Joe Mays on a nightly basis?

What a waste. The Royals can thank God that someone was bright enough in the late 60's to consider sharing a plot of land with Arrowhead and the Chiefs.

The real sadness to this story, is that the roles would have been reversed if it was 1985.

mcan
04-06-2006, 06:01 PM
Maybe I'm retarded or something, but looking at those pictures got me excited about baseball, and the Royals' future in KC. I'm just hoping that people actually go to the ballpark and we can get some revenue into the team, and maybe a little pride again.

FWIW, I think renovation plans look sweet, and frankly I'm a little disappointed that the roof didn't pass. Those drawings look fantastic.

Hammock Parties
04-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Maybe I'm retarded or something, but looking at those pictures got me excited about baseball, and the Royals' future in KC. I'm just hoping that people actually go to the ballpark and we can get some revenue into the team, and maybe a little pride again.

FWIW, I think renovation plans look sweet, and frankly I'm a little disappointed that the roof didn't pass. Those drawings look fantastic.

From what i understand, the roof will be back for a vote. They want that roof real bad i guess. I think it'd be a great thing to have the roof for the baseball stadium, and just use it for the superbowl on the football stadium.

mcan
04-06-2006, 06:11 PM
From what i understand, the roof will be back for a vote. They want that roof real bad i guess. I think it'd be a great thing to have the roof for the baseball stadium, and just use it for the superbowl on the football stadium.

F@ck that! Arrowhead gets miserable when it gets extrodinarily cold or wet. Now, if it's 30 degrees and snowy, I say let the guys play in the snow. But that freezing rain crap SUCKS, and while I like watching those types of games on TV, I'd much rather have the roof over the top of Arrowhead and see all the seats full of fairly comfortable fans. Put some space heaters on that roof, and it'll be downright nice. But it'll still feel like outdoors because the sides won't be enclosed except for major events like the SuperBowl.

Plus, can you imagine how LOUD that place will get with the roof over the top, reverberating the noise? I'm sure that they'll make it parabolic, and reflective... Holy crap, our homefield advantage could go up a couple points for sure.