PDA

View Full Version : Slugger is a ...........

Chiefsrocker
04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
I wanted to listen to the weather report this afternoon, so I turned off the Sirius and turned on the radio and scanned thru the stations and came across KK on 810 pissed off and ranting about something that another radio station hung behind a plane and flew over the K during the game the other day. All he said is that that station should never be allowed to air any Chiefs or Royals games and should not be in any way affiliated with the teams. he siad his station would never consider doing anything like that, and they flew this banner in front of tiny kids and children at the game and embarrased the parents!!!! All he could say on the radio because he wouldnt repeat such filth is "Slugger is a ...." Anyone know what it said??? And what radio station had its call letters behind it?? Sounds like a good publicity stunt, whether it is in good taste or not!!:clap:

Sure-Oz
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
It said "Slugger is a Pussy!" it was from 96.5 the buzz i remember seeing it at opening day flying over the stadium/parking lot a few times, i thought wow, 4000+ kids are gonna see that and ask 'whats a pussy?'.

Husky4506
04-06-2006, 08:09 PM
No thats crazy

Chiefsrocker
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Slugger is a pussy??????? Now that is funny! Just tell the kids that Slugger is a cat!

Sure-Oz
04-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Slugger is a pussy??????? Now that is funny! Just tell the kids that Slugger is a cat!
i'm sure that's what 99% of the parents told their kids likely, if they could even see far enough to read, i chuckled a bit.

Mecca
04-06-2006, 10:14 PM
96.5 gets some points with me for doing that........anything that pisses KK off is amusing.

nychief
04-06-2006, 10:16 PM
lion=cat=pussy.

leviw
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Wow...that's messed up. They misspelled Sluggerrr. Those kids will never get it right now. :shake:

mcan
04-07-2006, 04:00 AM
That's a pretty lame joke. Frankly, if you're going to do something like this you're banking on it being funny and tasteless, or not at all funny and just rude. I think this is WELL on the side of rude, and Keitz, being a sports editorialist, is perfectly justified in bashing it.

To clarify I don't think it's not funny BECAUSE it's rude...

I think it's rude because it's NOT FUNNY...

But, I really don't think it's a big deal as far as being indecent or whatever, and I have to roll my eyes whenever anybody says that it's "bad for children."

Mecca
04-07-2006, 04:05 AM
That's a pretty lame joke. Frankly, if you're going to do something like this you're banking on it being funny and tasteless, or not at all funny and just rude. I think this is WELL on the side of rude, and Keitz, being a sports editorialist, is perfectly justified in bashing it.

To clarify I don't think it's not funny BECAUSE it's rude...

I think it's rude because it's NOT FUNNY...

But, I really don't think it's a big deal as far as being indecent or whatever, and I have to roll my eyes whenever anybody says that it's "bad for children."

Everything is bad for children these days, didn't you get the memo?

Adept Havelock
04-07-2006, 05:47 AM
Everything is bad for children these days, didn't you get the memo?

ROFL ROFL

I'm glad I wasn't raised by a member of the obsessive "won't somebody think of the children crowd". I'd have been so protected from real life I'd likely have been a scared little basket case by adulthood.

Inspector
04-07-2006, 06:20 AM
96.5 has some great people working there. I wonder whose idea this was.

Might have been better if they just had a banner with:

"Hey Kevin, HA HA HA!!"

Eleazar
04-07-2006, 06:24 AM
96.5 has some great people working there.

Dartgod
04-07-2006, 06:29 AM
All he said is that that station should never be allowed to air any Chiefs or Royals games and should not be in any way affiliated with the teams. Perhaps I missed something here, but when did 96.5 ever show any interest in airing any Chiefs or Royals games? And even if they wanted to, wouldn't that be illegal, since other stations have exclusive broadcast rights to those games? WTF is KK smoking?

gblowfish
04-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Perhaps I missed something here, but when did 96.5 ever show any interest in airing any Chiefs or Royals games? And even if they wanted to, wouldn't that be illegal, since other stations have exclusive broadcast rights to those games? WTF is KK smoking?96.5 The Buzz is part of an overall group of stations owned by Entercom Radio, who also owns KCSP 610AM, who was the radio rights holder to the Royals before WHB got them. I believe the radio contract expires after 2006 and a the rights will be up for grabs again. The Royals are pissed at WHB for their negative stance on stadium rennovation, so the Royals may dump them when the contract expires. KK is trying to make his competition look bad too, to (in his mind) level the playing field.

Follow the dollars, y'all.

Dartgod
04-07-2006, 06:45 AM
96.5 The Buzz is part of an overall group of stations owned by Entercom Radio, who also owns KCSP 610AM, who was the radio rights holder to the Royals before WHB got them. I believe the radio contract expires after 2006 and a the rights will be up for grabs again. The Royals are pissed at WHB for their negative stance on stadium rennovation, so the Royals may dump them when the contract expires. KK is trying to make his competition look bad too, to (in his mind) level the playing field.

Follow the dollars, y'all.
OK, that makes more sense then. KK is still an ass though.

Demonpenz
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
96.5 is funny as hell. They dog on all the pop stations here all the time with with adds proclaiming they are the coilition against shitty music.

StcChief
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
What about the strip joints advertising for after game activities...

Duck Dog
04-07-2006, 08:24 AM
Who is Slugger?

Demonpenz
04-07-2006, 08:27 AM
slugger is the brave mascot that cheers on the eleventeen fans during royals games