PDA

View Full Version : New Roof Plan Released Today: Includes new prototype

CHIEFSFAN_NY
04-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Chiefs haven't given up on rolling roof
By George Muse
The Capital-Journel
KANSAS CITY, Mo. - There is some uncertainty about exactly how stadium improvements will take place now that the Chiefs and Royals have voter-approved money with which to make them. Of main concern -- the design of a renovated Arrowhead Stadium will have to change if it no longer has to accommodate the proposed rolling roof that voters rejected in Tuesday's election.

Talks have been ongoing with Walmart regarding the new roof for Arrowhead Stadium. Chiefs president Carl Peterson stated, "We'll continue to attract other major events, whether it's the Ocean Pacific Surfing Contest or Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus."

Jack Steadman, the Chiefs vice chairman of the board and Lamar Hunt's point man for both the original construction of the Truman Sports Complex and the current stadium renovation campaign, said some $25 worth of improvement is needed for the new plan to be executed. "We'll have to raise the price of beer to be able to afford the Martha Stewart Umbrella that our fans so rightfully deserve," Steadman stated recently while attending the Porky Pig Festival of Arts.

While the roof may not be a "rolling roof" as at first anticipated, it is fully retractable and will collapse into a giant beach bag.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1976/roofa0bg.gif

Hootie
04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
that almost made me laugh...almost.

VonneMarie
04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Oh, that's rep. ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
now that's just impossible ....

because the vote yesterday was the end all/be all of votes. There is no backup plan ... no plan "B" ... they went "All in with no cards"

once this vote failed the whole world failed

this new plan is just a trick by the debbil

once shot and it's over

this new plan MUST be a lie

Bowser
04-06-2006, 08:24 PM
What's an "Arrowhead"? Is that the drinking water? Why would you put an umbrella over it?

ROYC75
04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't like the colors, scrap it.

KCChiefsMan
04-06-2006, 08:28 PM
make that red & gold and I'm sold

hey...that rhymed!

CHIEFSFAN_NY
04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
make that red & gold and I'm sold

hey...that rhymed!

it's a done deal :)

ROYC75
04-06-2006, 08:38 PM
it's a done deal :)

That'll do it....... we are saved.

dj56dt58
04-06-2006, 08:57 PM
now that's just impossible ....

because the vote yesterday was the end all/be all of votes. There is no backup plan ... no plan "B" ... they went "All in with no cards"

once this vote failed the whole world failed

this new plan is just a trick by the debbil

once shot and it's over

this new plan MUST be a lie
Excuse me..but when has Mr. Peterson EVER been in talks about something and not gotten it done?