PDA

View Full Version : Carson Palmer could open season on PUP list

cmh6476
04-07-2006, 12:14 PM
** Don’t the Bengals seem totally preoccupied with quarterbacks lately? They lost Jon Kitna but quickly signed Doug Johnson and Craig Krenzel. Now they’re talking to Joey Harrington and Jamie Martin. Make no mistake, they are worried that Carson Palmer won’t be ready to go in September. His severe knee injury (torn ACL, MCL, dislocated kneecap) is an issue that we’ll hear more and more about in the next few months. Having major reconstructive surgery just 8 months before kickoff is really bad timing. Even Palmer himself is hedging on his return. “The last thing I need to do is push anything too early and push back the date that I can really step on the field 100 percent,” he said last month. Two knowledgeable sources have told us Palmer might open 2006 on the PUP list, which deactivates him for the first 6 games.

This guy says he got it in his email, looks like its from draftsharks. Does seem to be pretty serious though and would lead you to believe he won't be ready come our week 1 matchup...

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=206843

Bowser
04-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Fine with me.

Mile High Mania
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll worry about it when an official word from the team comes out...

KCChiefsFan88
04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Chiefs will be 1-0 after Sept 10th. Even if Palmer somehow is able to play that game no way will he be 100%.

BigChiefFan
04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Last year, shortly after his injury in the playoff game against the Steelers, they said his injury was potentially career-ending. I would be very surprised to see him on opening day.